Jungli: Intruder

Girl Group One-shots/Drabbles Collection

TW: UAL ASSAULT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Alright class, you have 40 minutes to complete this test.” A collective groan sounded from Sulli's fifth period pre-calculus class. It didn't look like anyone was prepared for it. She looked over at her best friend Krystal, who was nervously biting her pen as she stared blankly at the page of trig problems. I should have helped her study, she worried. Sine squared plus cosine squared equals one, sine squared plus cosine squared equals one... She chanted in her head as the teacher passed them out. I should have studied! She thought as soon as she looked at the paper.

 

Suddenly, the intercom came on with the words no teacher wants to hear: “Staff, there is an intruder in the building. Please account for all students and lock your doors.”

 

“Kids, get in the corner.” The teacher directed calmly. Everyone huddled against the back wall where they couldn't be seen from the window. Krystal ran straight to Sulli.

 

Sulli, I'm scared.” Krystal whispered in her ear.

 

Sulli put an arm around her. “It's okay. Look, she's about to lock the door, he won't be able to get in--” Her sentence was cut off and her comfort nullified when the door burst open just before the teacher could secure it, knocking her on her back. He walked toward the students with a gun in his hand. Krystal was shaking and the whole class was in various states of terror.

 

The look of sheer horror on Krystal's face intensified as the man walked straight up to her. “It seems I came to the right classroom.” He said, lifting up her chin and examining her with predatory eyes. He noticed Sulli's arm around her. “You get up and do what I say, or you can say goodbye to your friend here.” He said to her, pointing the gun at Sulli.

 

Sulli was seething with anger. His order for her friend to undress pushed her over the edge. A surge of adrenaline coursed throughout her body, and as he was distracted watching Krystal shamefully open the buttons of her shirt and tears stream down her face, Sulli's fist sprung up with major force and hit him straight in the crotch. The shock made him pull the trigger and drop the gun as he fell to the ground. Krystal and Sulli both screamed as the bullet hit Sulli's arm, but the adrenaline allowed her to power through the pain. She grabbed the fallen gun and stood above the strange man.

 

“You're disgusting.” She fumed. “PIGS LIKE YOU DESERVE TO DIE!” She shoved the barrel of the gun at his forehead.

 

“SULLI, NO!” Krystal grabbed her. “It's not worth it. Let the police take care of him.” She sighed, but kept the gun pointed at the man to keep him in check. It took every ounce of restraint she had in her body to keep from blasting a hole in his ugly face.

 

The police arrived fully prepared to diffuse a hostage situation, but instead found their suspect cowering under a young girl holding a gun. They looked at each other, at Sulli, and at each other again, confused. “Get him out of here.” She spat. They shrugged their shoulders, cuffed the man and took him away. Sulli sighed heavily.

 

Only now that the situation was under control did Sulli fully realize there was blood pouring down her arm. Krystal ran up to hug her, too grateful to care that the was now covered in blood from Sulli's arm. The paramedics came to take Sulli to the hospital, and of course, Krystal insisted on coming with her.

 

Krystal sat next to the bed where the doctor was bandaging Sulli's arm. “I think we can safely send you home, as long as you keep yourself hydrated.” She nodded and he walked out of the room for her release papers.

 

“My hero.” Krystal smiled and kissed over the bandages.

 

“Oh, stop it.” Sulli rolled her eyes.

 

“No, really. That was seriously badass.” Krystal smiled down at her.

 

Without even having to discuss it, Krystal knew she would be spending the night at Sulli's house. Both of their parents were crying when they came to the hospital to pick them up. Krystal's older sister had never hugged her so tight, or been so nice for more than five minutes. But she explained to her family that she needed to be with her friend after what they'd gone through, and they understood.

 

As Sulli got ready for bed, Krystal sat on it, shaking. “Why am I such a baby?” Krystal said in frustration. “Why am I still scared?”

 

Sulli sat on the bed and wrapped Krystal in her arms. “You're not a baby. Of course you're scared. Something terrible happened to you. You're holding up really well, actually.” She kissed the top of Krystal's head.

 

“I can't stop thinking...” She trembled. “What would have happened if you didn't...” Krystal started to cry again on Sulli's chest. Her friend her hair and let her let it out.

 

“You're safe, Krystal. He's gone. You're here with me now.” Sulli whispered as Krystal finished crying.

 

“Yes, I am...” Krystal's voice cracked. “And I'm so lucky.”