Final

Snowy Days

Listen:

Akdong Musician - I Love You

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘Pretty...’  I smiled to myself softy as a I glanced up at the sky. 

I raised the viewfinder of my camera up to my eye and pressed the button, the familiar click of the shutter going off as I captured the scenery. 

 

School had just ended, and winter break was beginning. 

 

Walking down the streets alone and with the peaceful sound of music flowing out of earbuds, I watched as the bustling city of Seoul began to slowly turn into a snowy wonderland. During times like these, I enjoyed daydreaming to myself and snapping pictures of whatever intrigued me or caught my eye. As I continued my calm stroll, a hard slap of a hand on my shoulder jolted me out of my reverie. I took one earbud out of my ear and turned to see who had disrupted me. 

 

“Hey.” The boy before me gave me a warm smile, which I returned back. 

“Jeongguk.” I acknowledged him. 

“Taking pictures and daydreaming again?” He asked, a knowing grin slowly forming on his face. 

“Of course. What else would I be doing?” I chuckled.

 

A comfortable silence came between us as we walked besides each other at a steady pace. Sticking my freezing hands into the pockets of my hoodie, I looked around before turning my attention back to Jeongguk. 

 

“Where are the others?” 

“HEY!!!!” 

 

We turned around at the same time and two other boys came dashing towards us; both of them had wide, excited smiles on their faces. I shook my head slightly, but a small grin was plastered on my face. 

 

“Jimin, Hoseok, glad you guys made it out alive today.” I greeted them with a teasing lilt in my voice.

“Psh, of course we did! You really think we’d get detention on the last day?” Jimin scoffed slightly and laughed. 

“Correction, it’s you and not we.” Hoseok said, frowning in disapproval. 

“Oh, c’mon. You don’t have a clean slate either!” Jimin protested. 

 

As Jeongguk and I continued to walk next to each other, we watched their antics and laughed along with their bickering. Jimin’s eyes wandered down to my camera and a grin immediately appeared on his youthful face. 

 

“Hey, hey take a picture of me!” 

 

He gave me his signature smile and raised his hand up into a peace sign. Jimin proceeded to turn his head slightly as he exclaimed,

 

“Don’t forget to get my good side!”

 

While he continued to pose, Jeongguk gave me a slight glance and looked away.

 

“Are you really going to take a picture of this idiot?” He asked in a low voice.

 

Hoseok overheard this comment and looked over at me, a smile slowly spreading across his face at the same time as me. He had to bite on his lower lip to prevent himself from bursting out into laughter. 

 

However, Jimin was still completely oblivious. 

 

“Sorry, Jiminnie~ I don’t take pictures of troublemakers.” 

 

As if on cue, Hoseok tossed his head back and covered his mouth to prevent his laughter from echoing throughout the entire city. Jimin pouted and put his hand down, obviously disappointed by my response. 

 

“You’re just biased!” He accused with a pointed finger, “You’ve always preferred Jeongguk and Hoseok over me!” 

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” I remarked as I casually snapped a photo of a tree that was powdered with snow. 

“Actually, I have a question!” 

 

I gave him a curious look.

 

“What is it?”

“Who do you like more, Jeongguk or Hoseok?” 

 

It grew silent. Three pairs of eyes were on me, and I could feel my cheeks slowly heating up... and I knew that I couldn’t quite blame it on the weather. 

 

“I...I like them both equally!” I replied. It wasn’t a complete lie. They were both amazing friends, after all. 

“I don’t mean it that way! I mean who do you like.” 

“U-uh...” I stuttered. 

 

It was getting rather awkward. The last thing I'd want to do was to make full-blown confession of love in front of them. Thankfully, my mind worked quickly enough to process a response.

 

"What makes you think I like them that way? What if I don't have those types of feelings for either one of them?" I questioned Jimin back calmly, giving him a frown. 

"Well…" He stopped to think for a few seconds before lowering his head in defeat. "Touché." 

 

I breathed a sigh of relief; I knew I was safe…for now. 

 

Hoseok moved away from Jimin's side and walked next to me, ruffling my hair before wrapping his arm around my shoulder. 

 

"Don't let him bully you, okay? We all know that he asks a lot of stupid questions." 

"Hey!" Jimin shouted. 

 

Letting out a small giggle, I looked up and gave Hoseok a warm and grateful smile.

 

"Thanks."

 

Jeongguk immediately piped up to change the topic, "So, when are we going to that new noraebang that opened up?" 

 

---

 

"Alright guys, this is my stop." I said as all four of us stopped in front of the beige, five-story apartment complex. 

"Aw, okay. We'll talk to you later then?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah, definitely!" I grinned at him.

"I'll call you later." Two voices spoke in unison. 

 

I slowly directed my gaze at Hoseok and Jeongguk. They both glanced at each other shortly before looking away. Jeongguk awkwardly focused his attention on a random car parked on the street while Hoseok scratched the back of his neck and whistled a tune. Raising an eyebrow slightly, I shrugged before brushing off whatever thought I had about their strange behavior. 

 

"Well, whoever calls first, I'll answer." I said with a smile.

 

The two boys had seemingly returned back to their normal selves, so we made our farewells for once last time before I turned around and entered the building. 

 

---

 

Later that night, while I was blogging on my computer and listening to music, my phone suddenly went off, causing me to jump in my seat. I had a quick look at the caller ID before picking up.

 

"Hey, what's up?"

"Hey… uh  I don't wanna pull a Jimin or anything, but…"

 

The person on the other side paused, as if hesitating on whether or not he should continue on with his question.

 

"Um… who do you like?" 

 

My whole body completely froze. The only thing I could feel was my heartbeat, which was pounding against my chest faster and faster as the seconds went by. Mustering up my courage, I took in a long, deep breath, closed my eyes, and said…

 

 

"You." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Fun Fact: This short oneshot was inspired by the gif that's the main image of this chapter~ :D

Anyway, feedback/comments and upvotes are appreciated! I hope you all enjoyed this, and yes, call me evil, but I left an open ending on purpose. ;) 

Now, I leave you with this cute picture of Jeongguk and Hoseok