Final.

Confession Gone Wrong

A/N: This is in Sehun’s POV 

I walked into class feeling bored and sleepy as usual. I took my seat next to my bestfriend, Do Dae Rin and put my arms on the desk in front of me and rested my head on them. Dae Rin, who was resting her back on the wall with her feet on my chair (which I didn’t mind since she does that all the time) drinking her chocolate milk and talking to her friend that sat behind her, suddenly saw me in my position and put her feet down and dragged her head close to mine, with close to my right ear and said annoyingly :

“Ya. Sehun – ah. Still tired?”

I turned my head her way, still resting it on my arms and nodded sleepily. She went back to her previous position and sighed.

“I told you not to stay up late and play your stupid video games, Sehunnie.”

“You’re stupid.”

With that being said I returned to my previous position and I heard her laugh quietly to herself and smiled remembering how she could get annoying at times. After a few moments, the teacher walked in and gave us another one of her lectures. I ignored her and pondered on whether I should actually listen or use this precious time to go back to sleep. Tiredness got the best of me and I decided that sleeping would be best for everyone’s sake.

I was in dreamland when Dae Rin started shaking me awake and whispering for me to get up. I pushed her hand away from my arm as I suddenly felt a loud slam on my desk. I looked up in annoyance as I saw my English teacher that had just used his ‘stick’ to wake me up. He raised his eyebrow and said in English which I didn’t really understand:

“Is my class too boring for you, Mr. Oh?”

I squinted my eyes trying to understand what he just said, and when I couldn’t I turned my head towards Dae Rin since she was quite good in English. She translated for me trying to hide her laughing  when she saw my expression. I turned to the teacher and said:

“Not at all. In fact, your class is my favorite subject, Mrs. Lee.”

“Be sure to pay attention.”

“Yes, teacher.”

The whole class burst into a fit of giggles over what had just happened. As if they never get scolded by teachers. But that wasn’t even a scold it was more of a … wake up call.

The bell signaling for the start of lunch break soon rang after a few boring classes in which I didn’t pay any attention in, feat. Dae Rin’s endless talking. Both of us got out of class and went on our way to sit on our usual table with the rest of our friends. They were so noisy, talking about nonsense and eating while I was just listening to what they were saying, occasionally talking and answering.  As my attention was on Baekhyun and Joon Myun hyungs, Dae Rin called me,

“Sehunnie, are you free after school today?” She said trying to use aegyo to convince me into doing whatever she wants.

“No. I’m expensive.” Lame. I know.

Dae Rin rolled her eyes but laughed slightly.

“Well, I was wondering if we could go out to have ice cream and then we would go to my house and work on our project?”

I didn’t know what to say. I wanted to say yes, but I couldn’t lose my cool in front of her. So, I just turned my eyes back to my food and nodded coolly. At least, I think it was cool.

After one of my classes I was walking around the corridor heading to my locker when I saw Dae Rin and some guy who looked like he’s from one of the classes next to ours. I think his name is … Jung Min?  The space around them was empty and quiet. I hid behind one of the lockers that was far so they couldn’t see me.  But, the guy was being shy. Why is he being shy? Is he confessing?  Why is he confessing?

My thoughts were cut when the bell rang, which meant that the next class is going to start and I still haven’t gotten my books. I left and continued my way to my locker quickly.

 

When it was time for the last class of the day Dae Rin suddenly became even more energetic than before, if that was possible. She was all smiley and happy. As for me, I became even more depressed. She must have accepted his confession. And to think, I was planning to confess to her today. She passed me a note with A LOT of hearts around it. It said

‘Sehunnie ~ can we use your notes for our project? Jung Min from the class next wanted to borrow mine since he was absent when their class took that lesson haha… Anyway, don’t forget to bring them <3 J’

Wait what? He … wasn’t confessing? It really looked like he was! Should I ask her if he was? No but that would make me look stupid. She obviously said that he was just borrowing her notes.  I wrote down one of the many questions that were in my head and passed the note back to her. I looked at her from the corner of my eye and say that she was frowning at folded piece of paper. She wrote something and slid it so it was on my desk.

‘Why did he have to take your notes? Couldn’t he ask one of his friends’ notes?’

‘He said no one in his class wanted to give him notes lol

So what ice cream shop should we go to?’

I thought a little, biting my lower lip I wrote back to her and slid the paper back to her desk. When she finished replying and was about to slide it back to me, our very strict teacher called for her attention.

“Miss Do, what is that paper in your hand?”

Dae Rin and I both panicked silently. We knew that he would make us go to the principle’s office and possibly get detention for doing this. He started to walk towards our desks trying to get it from her when she did the only thing she could think of. She crumbled it and put it in .

“What paper?” She replied shrugging faking innocence with a muffled voice. Everyone, including me burst out laughing at her action, while the teacher gave her a disapproving look and went back to the front of the class. Dae Rin quickly took the opportunity of the teacher giving his back to the class and spit the note and  leaned over to me, whispering her answer quickly.

“Myeongdong sounds great”

The whole period finished and I was re- planning my confession to Dae Rin. I still had a chance since that Jung Min guy didn’t confess.  I suddenly found Dae Rin’s face very close to mine and her hand waving, as if trying to wake me up from my trance.

“Sehun ~~ Oh Sehun ~~ Hello? Earth to Mr. Sehunnie ~”

“What” I said flatly.

“Come on! Aren’t you excited?! Its been a while since we last went to Myeongdong together!”

“Yeah, sure”

She grabbed my hand to go on our journey to the magical Myeongdong. The whole time was spent with us eating street food and then playing rock paper scissors to determine who would pay for the food. And, of course since I’m so fabulous  Dae Rin the peasant had to pay for most of the food.

 

At around 7:30PM we went off on our way back to Dae Rin’s house. This is it. I’m going to confess. No turning back now.  As we stepped in her house I greeted her parents who were in the living room.

“Where’s Kyung Soo hyung?” I asked about her brother as we were going up the stairs.

“I think … he’s in his room?” She turned back with a puzzled expression.

After doing some work and goofing around she wanted to change because ‘she likes to sit like a man and she can’t do that in a skirt that can barely cover half her leg’. what.  I started nervously pacing back and forth. I’m too nervous. I cant do it. No wait calm down its okay you can do it Oh Sehun. BE A MAN. I started breathing deeply to calm myself. I looked at her nightstand and saw a frame of us. A picture collage of our growing up years. I smiled holding the picture.

“Dae Rin… I love you” I said to myself, not intending for anyone to hear that.

“What?” I froze in my place and my smile  instantly washed off. I wasn’t planning to confess just like this! It had to be romantic. What do I do!! I took a deep breath and turned around to face Dae Rin.

“I love you. As in, love you love you.” There’s nothing I can do to help it so… I’ll just do it like this.

“What kind of answer is that?” She seemed … confused? Does that mean she loves me too or what?

“I love you, as a guy who loves his beautiful friend” I said walking towards her until we were in a very close distance.

She looked at the ground and turned around so that she was behind me, and in front of her bed. I turned around and mimicked her until we were in our previous position.  Except this time, I took steps to the front causing her to take steps to the back. I grabbed her waist and continued taking steps. As I saw we were about to fall to the bed I hugged her tight to my chest. Soon I was over her, on her bed, hugging her tight.

“I love you, Do Dae Rin.” My voice came out muffled but it was understandable.

“I …” I propped up on my hands to meet her eyes, waiting for her answer.

Our little moment was interrupted when her brother, Kyung Soo opened her bedroom door.

“Hey Dae Rin I heard Sehun was-“ He stopped talking once he saw our … position.

My eyes widened as I turned around and saw him.

“OH NO NO HYUNG I SWEAR I WASN’T-“

Kyung Soo hyung awkwardly stared at us for a while until he cleared his throat.

“I’ll just … uhh… ummm …. Yeah…” He turned around and closed the door.

“I love you too” I turned around to see Dae Rin with her eyes shut tightly, and her hands clenched in fists. Seeing her being cute made me want to kiss her. And I did. On her cheek.  She seemed to be blushing like crazy! It kinda made me feel .. happy? But wait.. WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY?!!

“What? Could you say that again?  I couldn’t hear you properly.”

Dae Rin frowned and huffed, annoyed of my teasing.

“I said. I. Love. The idiot. Oh. Sehun. Happy?” she opened her eyes to stare at me.

“oooh and in slow motion as well. I like ~” I smiled as I got off of her and rolled off beside her.

“So … you wanna go out on a date sometime?” I asked, turning my head towards her.

She turned her head towards me and kissed my cheek.

“I’ll think about that once we finish our project."

 

 

A\N: Thank you for reading ~

Dont forget to request or comment ~~ <3