Who Would've Thought

Who Would've Thought

 

 

Sunny's POV

 

I sat on my chair inside the room's clearing, glaring at the papers that laid innocently on the desk in front of me as if it had done something very unforgivable. I rolled my eyes, clicking my tongue in irritation as I leaned back against the chair that crossed my arms in front of my chest, trying to forget the very event that happened just a few hours ago.

 

"Yah, Sunny-ah! Can you help me get these papers to the faculty room?" I heard a very familiar voice call for me.

 

I snapped out of my thoughts as I looked up only to find my friend, Sooyoung, who is a total opposite of me in regards of height at the same time, so similar for example, our 'Cuteness-Calling-for-Punch' or better known as 'CCP', the only thing that both of them have in common.

 

I was short, standing for about 158 cm while my friend, Soo here, stands a tall 170 cm for a girl. And due to that, I call her 'giant' for a nickname while she calls me 'Bunny' or 'Danshin'. Sooyoung is a pretty outgoing girl, very dorky and a huge shikshin at that.

 

However, I always wonder though as to why this girl was such a shikshin, yet stays so lanky all the time. 'Maybe it's because all of the dancing?' I would always assume that in my mind as I remember the other shikshin in the school which I call the 'baby shikshin', Im Yoona, Sooyoung's food buddy or rival whenever they are in the same table.

 

She is funny and humorous at most times, especially with people that she's most comfortable with, and that counts me and 8 other students in the university. While I was humorous also, but not to that extent, I tend to be a little bit more serious than Soo despite my 'cutie' personality as they call it.

 

I brushed my short blonde hair to the side as I looked at my friend expectantly.

 

"I can't carry all of these myself." She added, huffing while she took half of the papers and set it on the table. She tapped the top of the paper as she turned to look at me.

 

"Okay, sure." I complied as I stood up from the chair. Better do something than site and mope around about that, right?

 

I made my way to the front, but not before taking a quick look on the script on the table. I silently cursed whoever made that script,

 

'Eunjung, curse you…' I thought bitterly.

 

Without any further words, I took half of the pile and went ahead, leaving Sooyoung to chase after me.

 

Exiting the room and leaving the cursed script behind, I headed to the left where the path to the faculty room was located. I felt Sooyoung's presence catch up to me when I heard her footsteps and squinted beside me.

 

"Geez, wait for me will ya?" She panted.

 

"You have long legs, Soo. Use that." I pointed out.

 

"Aish! You know that even with these long legs of mine, it's still useless when it comes to sports and speed!" She retorted, "Seriously, you’re a danshin yet you're so fast. How come?" She rants.

 

"Well it's not my fault you don't know how to use your big strides." I chuckled slightly, suddenly feeling lighter than before, finding it amusing.

 

"I guess it's just not my thing." She laughed and shot me a look.

 

"N' you and you're ninja reflexes." She commented.

 

I grinned at her teasingly, before shooting something back, "At least your good at dancing too, Soo."

 

"Haha, thanks."

 

 

After that conversation, silence followed.

 

Even though I felt a little bit better than before, I still can't shrug off the irritating feeling from before. I sighed as we turned left and took the stairs towards the 3rd floor of the building where the faculty room was located.

 

Every second, all there were was silence, only the sound of our footsteps could be heard throughout the empty hallway of our school.

 

That was until then that Soo decided to speak.

 

"…Hey…" She started carefully, "Are you okay?"

 

 

I did not dare turn my head and look at my giant friend beside me as I bit my lower lip in order to respond.

 

As expected of Soo, she has detected my change of behavior. Although I was good at acting and hiding what I actually felt, Sooyoung was often the only one who could see through my acting. It's like as if she has this antenna on her forehead which can detect what I'm feeling.

 

"…yeah, I'm okay." I smiled at her, giving her my eyesmile. I wished it came out natural.

 

I hoped.

 

But that went down into the drain when I heard my voice.

 

It sounded so strained.

 

I quickly looked ahead, trying to avoid her suspicious gaze.

 

"Are you sure?" She questioned me again, she sounded worried.

 

"Yes I am, Soo." I responded. " By the way, how are you and Fany-ah?"

 

I attempted to change the subject away from mine, hoping that Sooyoung would take the bait, seeing as she was so love struck with the school's eyesmiling princess.

 

"Everything going well between you two?" I added. 'Take the bait, Soo. Take the bait!' I chanted inwardly.

 

"Don't try and change the subject, Sunny." She told me bluntly. I screamed inside my mind in frustration.

 

'Aish! Stop prying will you, Soo?! Why are you so sharp!' I creased my eyebrows and pouted.

 

"W-what are you talki–"

 

"It it about the performance earlier?" She interrupted and I immediately froze on my tracks as her words registered in my mind.

 

"…No…" My voice came out rather low than how I wanted for it to be, giving myself away completely. My tall friend hummed as we continue to walk towards the faculty room. I could see the sign poking out from the distance now. We were so close. Just a few steps away.

 

I quickened my pace, trying to end this walk with my sharp friend, staying with her long means danger of exposing my secret. A secret that I didn't want anyone to know; a secret that I want to keep only to myself.

 

But unfortunately, Sooyoung beat me to it and spoke the very subject that I dread.

 

"I know, Sunny." There was confidence in her voice.

 

"…know what…?" I spoke carefully.

 

"Taeyeon." At that one name, my breath hitched. "You've been avoiding her since this afternoon performance." Sooyoung's voice reached my ear and I felt my hands grow cold from the sweat.

 

"Don't kid me Soo– for what reason would I avoid Taengoo?" It took all of my resolve to retort.

 

"I know that you love her."

 

From those six words, all of my resolve crumbled. Crushed, just like that and I lost my composure.

 

"D-don't be ridiculous Soo! I don–"

 

"Aish! No use trying to deny it now, bunny!" She walked pass me. "chincha, you're so obvious."

 

'Obvious?!' My eyes widen even more after hearing that.

 

"W-what do you mean 'obvious'?"

 

"I mean that it's no secret to me. Your feelings, that is." She replies without looking back at me.

 

I bit the walls inside my mouth as I sighed and followed the tall shikshin. "How'd you know? I mean, when and how?" I revised my question.

 

"It didn't take long for me to put two and two together, Sunny. The way you looked at her, the way you cared for her; I was getting frustrated at how you can be such a hopeless romantic. It frustrates me so much to the extent that it made me want to grab my hair in frustration–" Sooyoung breathed in irritation and looked down at me with the corner of her eyes.

 

"–To which I was restraining myself from doing so, of course." She added, pointing her index finger up.

 

"Why don't you just confess?! I did mine and it went well, who knows? Taeyeon might like you back." The tan girl encouraged me.

 

'Taeyeon, liking me?' I felt a small smile make its way to my face at the thought. But it soon turned sad when I remembered to face reality.

 

"As tempting as it may sound, Soo, confessing isn't that easy considering our background…" I pushed the idea away, "I can't risk our friendship. Plus, Taengoo likes Sica." I sighed sadly.

 

"Aish! Stop being so emo Sunny! Just go and claim your girl!" Sooyoung rolled her eyes and stopped in front of the faculty room's door. I could only crinkle my nose and pouted as Sooyoung slides the door open, and we both walked inside and greeted the only teacher that stayed late in the university.

 

"Mr. Oh, should we just put it here?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"Ah, yes– just place it there kids, I'll take it from here." He smiled at us.

 

We nodded and placed both of our piles on the empty work desk. "Thanks for the favor kids!" He piped up.

 

"De~" The both of us chorused with the same tone in politeness and made our way to the exit.

 

"By the way kids, nice show! All of your singing and performances were great! Fighting!" He gave us an encouraging grin and pumped his fist.

Sooyoung and I grinned back, happy to receive such a feedback.

 

"De, kamsahabnida! "

 

 

 

 

After that we exited the room, leaving our cheerful teacher and we both made our way back to the 'Performing arts' practice room. However, I didn't want to go back as I had other plans in mind. I stopped on my tracks as I turned.

 

I excused myself from Sooyoung and went the opposite way.

 

"Hey Shortie! Don't forget about the party tonight alright! Nine o'clock sharp at the pool campus beside the shore! Everyone's gonna be there so don't skip it!" Sooyoung yelled after me..

 

"Yeah yeah! I get it. And don't you call me 'shortie' you giant! I'll be there before nine, and you can count on it!" I yelled back while jogging away.

 

 

In truth, I actually don't want to go to the party, everyone's going to be there and surely. Taeyeon will also be there. The thought of it made me stop on my tracks and I found myself standing at the parking lot in front of my motor bike.

 

"That's right, a ride around the city will take my mind off things." I told myself and headed for the dorm to get my helmet which was only a few walks from here and once I had the helmet with me, I immediately returned to the parking lot and straddled my bike, starting my baby's engine.

 

I wasted no time and I bolted outside our campus grounds.

 

The night street made me relax as I laid my eyes on the night time view of the cityscape. I turned to the right and entered an rather isolated path and sped upwards the hill road. I was headed to the hill park where very little people go to.

 

Well due to it, often, couples would also go there, but mostly they wouldn't go through all the trouble to climb the hill when there were also other parks around Seoul.

 

I had made my spot on the handrails from the hill park and no one else was here. Which did made me sigh in relief. At last, I could have this place all to myself when I needed it most.

 

Everything was like another world, the dark canvas illuminated by the streetlights below, it was like the galaxy and the streetlights as the stars. I smiled as the fresh night air breezed through me, it was definitely a calming and a refreshing sight to see.

 

I inhaled the fresh night breeze.

 

'Just perfect.'

 

I brought my wristwatch to my line of sight and took a note that it was already 8:38 o'clock.

 

'I should go back now.' I think, jumping from the handrail and walked towards my bike and left the quiet hill park.

 

 

 

It didn't take long for my ride back to the campus and parked my bike at the parking lot. I headed for the dormitory and entered my room. The room that I share with the object of my current problem and the object of my affection.

 

Yes, I share the same room with Taeyeon.

 

Which of course; makes it hard for my still growing feeling towards my childhood best friend.

 

I can see everything she does, experience her for who she is and how she changed throughout the years of our separation. The beautiful, dorky, kid-like president of our class who is also serious yet also a byuntae who loves butts.

 

I got to know her more in a short span of six months, making up for my lost decade with her. I am happy to know her more and got to love her even more for who I see she is, not only her outer self but also inside.

 

'I get to watch her face when she sleeps too.' I giggled and instantly blushed when I realized what I just thought.

 

I shook my head furiously and plopped on my bed. I flinched when my face came in contact with my pillow.

 

"Ow!" I pushed myself from the bed and glared at the pillow, something hard and a blunt-pointy shape poked my cheek. I nursed my bruised cheek as I continued to glare at the pillow responsible for my throbbing cheek.

 

"Now who the heck would put something under the pillow?" I muttered as my hand fished out an object behind the pillow.

 

"Hn?" I took my hand out, revealing the object.

 

"…Oh…" My eyes lingered on the small box on my palm. "…This…"

 

 

~~~~

 

"Yah! Sooyoung, have you seen Sunny?" Hyoyeon asked, as she poured a punch into her glass.

 

"Aish! That girl– she told me that she'd come exactly on time, but I don't see her anywhere!" A vein popped on the tall girl's forehead.

 

"Hm, I haven't seen Sunny, Soo, do you know where she is?" Taeyeon joined in. Sooyoung shook her head.

 

"Unfortunately, I don't.  She did tell me though that she will come." The tan shikshin sighed.

 

"Taetae/ Taengoo-unnie, congrats!!!" Yuri, Yoona, Tiffany, Jessica and Seohyun made a big group hug to their kid president who just won the awards.

 

"Thanks guys." Taeyeon laughed.

 

Yuri and Tiffany looked around, noticing that a certain blonde danshin wasn't present.

 

"Oh yeah, has Sunbun already congratulated you TaeTae?" Tiffany's eyesmile appeared as something Taeyeon couldn't quite comprehend noticed something.

 

"No…I haven't seen her at all since the performance. I get the feeling that she's like avoiding me…is…she mad?" Taeyeon looked at the ground, bothered at the thought of Sunny being mad at her. This was the first time that Sunny seemed so distant towards her and Taeyeon didn't know the reason why.

 

"Aw, TaeTae, she's not mad at you."

 

"That hopeless danshin is just getting her in the twist that's all." Jessica snorted and Hyoyeon threw her a look. Jessica raised her brows confusingly and mouthed 'what?'.

 

Hyoyeon palmed her face and sighed.

 

"I know!" Tiffany piped, clapping her hands together. "c'mon TaeTae."

 

Both Tiffany and Sooyoung exchanged glances and dragged Taeyeon towards the crowed of students flocking in a circle around the games section of the party. Taeyeon could only stay quiet as she allowed the two to drag her everywhere the two pleases to get her mind off from a certain person.

 

 

 

'Stupid Sunkyu...'

 

 

 

~~~~

 

My eyes focused on the dim pathway in front of me as I walked towards the loud noises direction. I could hear the students cries and shouts of joy as well as the loud music accompanying it, resounding throughout the huge campus.

 

As I neared, every sound got louder and more deafening to the ears. The party has already started for about an hour ago just then I decided to show up. I felt a sweat tickle down my cheeks.

 

I pouted as I think of Sooyoung's face, scolding me for not keeping what I said before.

 

"Yah, Lee Sunkyu! Why did you only decide to appear now?! I thought you said that you'd be here by nine but you showed up an hour late instead!" I chuckled dryly.

 

'I can totally imagine Soo saying that…' I managed to picture her in my mind.

 

I hoped that I won't run into Sooyoung for now, because…well, because she just might nag me about it with her big mouth of hers and two, she might just drag me to a certain somebody that I'm not quite ready to face yet, with these feelings in me…

 

I sighed as I entered the circle of people and immediately went for some drinks to hydrate myself up, my mouth has been very dry and I felt thirsty too. I wasn't hungry nor was I in the mood to eat also, so I just skipped everything except the punch that I was holding and I watched the scenery before me.

 

People I know and don't know; chatting together in small groups, playing with each other with some games. I spotted a few very familiar faces in the crowd, but I stayed at the corner, not having any intentions to let them know my location.

 

Thankfully, they were too busy enjoying to actually see me through the crowd.

 

I smirked to myself.

 

I squinted my eyes to my back and something caught my attention. I placed my empty glass on the table at the cottage and made my way towards the lone, dim pathway.

 

I strolled along the dim pathway, knowing full well where the path leads to. I often come here to think for myself. It's not a secret place, but most of the times it is more isolated that the rest spots in the campus's resorts. So I love it.

 

I sighed and sat on the hammock between the trees and laid my back against the rocking bed. I closed my eyes and crossed both of my arms in front of my chest. 'I avoided Taeyeon throughout the party…' I thought as I felt the cool night breeze brush against my face. This was the first time I acted like that to my childhood friend and I guessed it worried her a little.

 

I remembered the slightly downcast eyes behind her smile.

 

'I'll need to say sorry about this later…' I pursed my lips and creased my brows while sighing through my nose.

 

Just then, I felt another shift of a weight as a foreign warmth spread beside me. Strands of hair brushed against my shoulder and face. I did not dare open my eyes as I allowed the person to stay beside me, a familiar scent of strawberry and fruity smell. It was comfortable.

 

'It seems familiar…'

 

I wonder who it could be? It was certainly a girl.

 

Just then, the warmth hovered over me and I heard her angelic voice speak my name.

 

"Sunkyu-yah~"

 

My eyes shot open and allowed my sight to focus. I blushed furiously at the sight in front of me. Thankfully, despite the moon's light, I think I was able to hide the redness of my face as the moonlight illuminated my childhood best friend's angelic face.

 

Her eyes looked at me with worry as she continued to hover over me. I stuttered her name– well, actually, her nickname.

 

"Tae?"

 

She asked me if I was okay and I nodded, completely forgetting about the fact that I was avoiding her and face her a small smile. Taeyeon nodded, accepting my answer but the look on her face says otherwise.

 

She was unsatisfied. The angel leaned back and rested herself against the hammock beside me and I let out a relieved sigh as I felt my quickening heartbeat return to its normal pace.

 

Awkward silence reigned between us as I decided against closing my eyes and instead I stared at beautiful starry night sky above us. And I think that she was doing the same thing too. A few moments of silence passed until Taeyeon finally decides to speak up.

 

"I miss doing this."

 

My eyebrows twitched when I heard her say, "…yeah…"

 

"We used to sneak out together at night and play at the lake behind your grandmother's farm." Taeyeon spake.

 

She pivots her body as I feel her face me and her intent stare. I didn't dare look at her as I once again was afraid of giving myself away. They say that sometimes, people can read you by looking into your eyes, that was why I didn't want to look at her. I remembered Sooyoung's statement,

 

"Chincha, you're so obvious." The slim girl's voice rung inside my mind.

 

"I miss the times where we would always be together…I remember that the adults even called us 'twins' since we were so abnormally inseparable. You were always there for me when I cry, just like a little wangjangnim." Taeyeon giggled.

 

I feel a small smile creep through my face at the memory of our childhood days and at her cute giggle. But I remained silent as I let her giggles and my barely noticeable ones fill the silent air around us. I could still picture the times where I would always appear on Taeyeon's side when she cried and I would always protect her during those times.

 

Flashback

 

"Yah! What are you guys doing?!" A little version of Sunny ran towards a clearing where three boys stood, circling around something…or rather someone.

 

Low familiar sobs reaches her ears that made her blood boil and she instantly kicked a boy away from the circle and saw what she didn't want to see. It was Taeyeon. She sat on the grass, with her hands over her eyes, wiping her flowing tears away from her  puffy eyes. Sunny looked at the cause of Taeyeon's distress and she almost feels the hair of her nape rise up in anger.

 

 

There laid Taeyeon's favorite Dukkong plushie, ripped apart, the foam scattered on the ground where Taeyeon sat. Sunny growled.

 

She snaps her attention back at the boys who looked at her wearily from the aura she was emitting and decided to take a step back. Sunny advanced to one of them with a scary glare in her once sweet eye smile, a feral growl. Then all of a sudden, she lunged at the boy and threw a punch at him, that would surely earn him a huge black eye.

 

The victimized boy cried as he nursed his eye and ran away with his tail between his legs and so did the other two. They didn't dare cause any further ruckus with the short kid, knowing full well that they would just receive the same treatment as their friend.

 

Sunny breathed heavily. Taeyeon's sobs reached her ear once again, snapping her out of her fury. As if nothing had happened, Sunny immediately ran back to her best friend and knelt down beside her. Placing a comforting hand on her head, Sunny shifted her gaze on the exploited plush.

 

"It's really beaten up…" She whispered, taking one of the foam then throwing it back on the ground.

 

"Taengoo-yah, are you okay? Did they hurt you anywhere?" She inquired to the sobbing girl before her with full of care.

 

"Sunny-ah, w-what should I d-do? I…I ruined the D-Dukkong t-that you g-gave m-me! I'm so s-sorry! P-please don't get mad at m-me!" Taeyeon sobbed as she looks at the kid before her with heavyhearted eyes.

 

Sunny smiled warmly, "Aigoo…is that what you're worried about? Silly Taengoo…" she wipes the tears falling on her baby cheeks.

 

"Of course I won't be mad Taeng…It's those kid's fault." Sunny traveled her hand to the back of Taeyeon's head and pulled her into a hug. Taeyeon buried her faced on the kid's collar and hugged her tight.

 

"I'm sorry…" Taeyeon mumbled.

 

"Taeng, don't be sorry…okay?"

 

Taeyeon looked up at her with hopeful eyes, "You're not mad?"

 

"Of course I'm not. Now stop crying…Or I will want to cry too." Sunny joked. "Let's get some Ice cream. That will cheer you up, so how about it?" she peered at the sobbing kid's face.

 

Taeyeon grinned as she sniffed. "Really??"

 

"Sure! C'mon! Grandma brought a lot!!!" Sunny exclaims as she stood up and held onto the girl's hand who also followed her.

 

"A lot!?"

 

"Yeah, a lot!" Sunny waved her free arm to her side dramatically, indicating the size of their 'A lot'.

 

Taeyeon begun to jump excitedly, her previous worry completely forgotten. She then grabbed the shorter girl's hand and ran towards her Sunkyu's house where her favorite dessert was waiting for her.

 

 

"Iceee Creeeeaaaammm~!!!"

 

 

 

Sunny could only laugh.

 

 

Flashback End

 

Sunny feels herself let out a curt chuckle. Taeyeon and her love for Ice Creams…it never disappeared.

 

Flashback

 

"Taengoo-yah! Come quick!" Sunny calls out to the girl eating her Ice Cream merrily as she sat on the couch.

 

The said kid looks up to the owner of the voice and her eyes brightened even more when she saw the person calling her. It was Sunny, her short black hair framed her bunny-like features and she wore a simple polo shirt and shorts. Taeyeon wondered what has gotten the bunny to be so excited.

 

"Ppali, Ppali!" Sunny gestured as she went back upstairs, disappearing from Taeyeon's sight.

 

"Ah! Wait!" Taeyeon quickly scooped all remaining Ice Cream in her bowl and took all of it in, in one mouthful, then quickly followed the boyish girl upstairs.

 

Once she reached upstairs, she saw the door of her room ajar and it piqued her curiosity. Assuming that Sunny was inside, she calmly entered the room.

 

And her eyes widened in surprise at the sight before her.

 

"Surprise!!! Happy Birthday, Taeyeon-ah!" Sunny grinned as she stood in the middle of the normal colored room and spread her arms wide, expressing her satisfaction of her plan.

 

"I..Wha…huh?"Taeyeon tilted her head to the side as her still child comprehension couldn't quite grasp the event happening before her. Sunny slowly walked towards the awestruck kid and smiled at her. 

 

 

"So? Do you like it? Huh?" Sunny giddily asked the stiff girl.

 

Receiving no response from the frozen kid, Sunny's smile slowly turned upside down as her shoulders slumped slowly and her eyes turned crestfallen like a sad puppy.

 

"You don't like it?"

 

Hearing Sunny's crestfallen voice, Taeyeon immediately snapped out of her shock and looked at the sad bunny, panic stricken her heart when she saw pools at the edge of Sunny's eyes.

 

She did the only thing she could think of and wrapped her arms suddenly around Sunny's neck and said, "I LOVE IT! Thank you so much, Sunny-ah! This is the best present ever!" Taeyeon released her hug and looks at the shocked bunny who stared at her with wide eyes. She grins and leans in, placing a warm and long kiss on Sunny's baby cheeks.

 

Sunny's eyes widens more but then it was replaced with a warm smile,

 

 

"I'm glad."

 

Flashback End

 

Taeyeon smiles at the memory. It was one of her most precious memories ever. To think that after that incident where her Dukkong plushie was victimized, after that event, Sunny had gifted her her most favorite Dukkong stuffed toy collections. She still have all of them, safe and new-looking in her room, displayed caringly on the shelves that were specially built only for them.

 

She really loved her Dukkongs.

 

"But you left…so suddenly." Taeyeon mumbled. "You never got to say goodbye to me…we never had a proper farewell."

 

That statement struck Sunny guiltily. 'That time…'

 

"I…" Sunny opened to say something as she looks at the girl beside her. But the words were stuck as she forgot and looks into Taeyeon's eyes. She was breathtakingly beautiful as the full moon illuminated her.

 

"I…I'm sorry…"

 

'I couldn't bear to say farewell to you that time. I didn't want us to be apart…so I decided not to face you…'

'I wonder if it was wrong...?'

 

Sunny looks at the moon above them as she admired the free stars that decorated the starlit sky above them. It looked so amazing and heavenly.

 

"It doesn't matter now anyways…"Taeyeon sighs.

 

Sunny looks back at Taeyeon from her sudden statement– who at the same time, turned her head to also look at her. Their eyes met and their gazes locked and Sunny felt something not so foreign in her stomach. She always gets this feeling whenever she sees the dork. Taeyeon's blank stare ended as stretched into a big grin and she laughed her ahjumma laugh that caused her to get her infamous nickname JummaTaeng. Her laughter was like  a chime bell to her and it left her gaping at her beauty.

 

She looked so angelic as always. Her beautiful, sparkly eyes gazed at me as she laughed. Sunny's eyes widened like saucers when her mind registered that Taeyeon had leaned onto her face.

 

Her mind became blank for a moment.

 

The feeling that she was long curious of, how long she dreamt of and wanted to touch. In that mere second, Sunny's heart and soul must have soared to heaven.

 

Taeyeon pulled back and looked up at her slightly with her kid-like eyes that Sunny had always loved since.

 

Sunny stared, stunned at the beauty beside her as she gave her a cheeky grin. She reached out for my left cheek and caressed it softly as her thumb found its way on my bottom lip.

 

 Taeyeon lifted her torso up from the laying position they were both in on the hammock and she turned and hovered over Sunny who stayed still while staring at her do so, placing her left hand on the side of Sunny's face as she caressed her cheeks softly again. Sunny gulped a little as she was still frozen and her sights lingered on her smiling face that hovered over hers. She noticed that her eyes were solemn as it stares at her lips. Taeyeon's face was gone from the dorky expression that she often has and was replaced into a more solemn one.

 

Sunny unconsciously her own lips as her heartbeat quickened again that she could barely breath.

 

It couldn't be right?

 

Has Taengoo known all along? How and when?

 

More importantly, does she feel the same way as she does?

 

What was that kiss about? Did it mean anything? Or was it just and upgraded friendly contact between them as best friends?

 

Those were that questions that ran through Sunny's mind as she continues to feel Taeyeon's soft thumb on her lips.

 

Sunny was about to speak in order to clear her growing suspicions and fear, however, Taeyeon beat her to it by hushing her to stay quiet. Sunny quickly obeyed as she sipped shut, she stared at her confusingly. Taeyeon smirked quietly as her eyes sparked with a mischievous gleam to it as she looked into her wide and confused eyes. She leans in again and gives Sunny a quick peck on the lips, shocking her already malfunctioning mind further than it already was.

 

 

"Your jealous aren't you?" She inquired while Sunny found herself denying the fact. She only chuckled.

 

"I never knew that the Lee Sunkyu would ever be so cute while denying something." She stated as her body continues to hover over mine that lied still on the hammock.

 

Now, both her hands were beside Sunny's head as she pins her on the hammock and drew herself closer to her and their faces were only inches apart.

 

 

She stared at her with so much intensity in her not so innocent, kid-like eyes anymore.

 

 

"I know…"

 

"H-Huh? W-What do you mean?" Sunny feigned stupidity.

 

 

"…this…" She whispered huskily as she deducted the gap between their mouths as her half-lidded eyes stared down at hers. Sunny felt her breath on her own mouth as they exchanged air and it made her blush as she felt her face burn.

 

"…is my…answer…" With that, she finally closes what was left of the gap between them and kissed the jealous bunny softly from the start. But it soon turned passionate when Sunny pushed all her thought into the trash bin for the mean time as she out and began kissing Taeyeon back rather hungrily.

 

Taeyeon moans as Sunny bites her lower lips for entrance and Taeyeon gladly accepted and granted Sunny permission.

 

All her pent up feelings all of those years, flowed like river during that short session.

 

 

However, good times also end and so did theirs.

 

The both of them parted for air, and Sunny almost whined at the loss of Taeyeon's luscious lips on hers. But she held herself. The both of them panted as they inhaled and exhaled the same air, their breaths colliding.

 

"I love you." Sunny unintentionally blurted out.

 

Then she realized what she said and dread filled her stomach. Sunny pursed her lips and bit her lower lip– what if Taeyeon didn't feel the same? What if she meant something else? Sunny's low confidence over herself when it comes to Taeyeon began. Taeyeon was a byuntae and it wasn't a secret to most of the student body. She even claims of it proudly to the people in a humorous manner. So the blonde didn't know if Taeyeon meant a 'beneficial' relationship or a 'commitment' one.

 

Sunny silently hoped that it was the last one though.

 

Nonetheless; despite her nervousness and anxiousness, Sunny kept her eyes on Taeyeon's still solemn ones.

 

Taeyeon seemed to have noticed her inner conflict as her eyes looked cast down for a moment before replacing it with a smile and caressed her left cheek as her other supported her weight above the frightened bunny under her.

 

"You pabo…" Taeyeon whispered as her brows creased.

 

"Don't think like that. I may be a byun that likes to look at people's butts but I don't stoop so low as to engage in beneficial relationships…"A tone of hurt could be traced in her voice.

 

Sunny suddenly felt guilty for thinking like that. For the longest time she was stunned– she freely moved her hand and reached out for Taeyeon's milky, white, baby cheeks that she loves so much.

 

"I'm sorry…" Sunny murmured. "….I'm sorry, saranghae Taeyeon-ah." Taeyeon smiled and buried her cheeks against Sunny's hand lovingly and Sunny couldn't help but smile to herself at the sight. So she decides to give the unsuspecting girl above her a sudden peck on the lips.

 

As Sunny pulled back, she flashed the student council president a cheeky smile.

 

Taeyeon grinned.

 

 

"…I love you too."

 

The two of them stayed still, staring at each other for a moment before the both of them burst out into a fit of laughter. They've finally confessed to the one person whom they loved since, a person that the both of them thought that would never look at them the same way they wanted the both of them to look at. They felt so free and sweet at knowing at their love and affection has been returned and a burden on their shoulders felt like as if it was never there to begin with.

 

As their laughter died down slowly into giggles, Sunny meanwhile fished something out of her jacket's pocket and held it between them.

 

Taeyeon looked at the box on Sunny's hand with a raised brow and curious eyes.

 

 

"Taeyeon-yah…Happy Birthday…"

 

"…Birthday?" Taeyeon tilted her head to the side, confused.

 

Taeyeon leans back, and sits on the hammock properly, giving Sunny space and Sunny imitates Taeyeon and sits up as she turns her head towards Taeyeon who still has no idea of what she was meaning to say. Her birthday has already passed five months ago...

 

"Sunny, its August right now…"

 

"I know…" Sunny looks at the box on her hand and smiles.

 

"But I want to give this to you right now…" Sunny hands the box to Taeyeon's hesitant hands.

 

"A gift that I could not give you before…"

 

Taeyeon silently looks at the box on her hands, her mind blank, not knowing what to do about it. She looks at her childhood 'Wangjangnim' who gestured for her to open it with her head.

 

"Open it."

 

Taeyeon nods as she stays mum and obeys Sunny's request. She carefully opened the box and when she opened the lid, her eyes widens as she gasps in surprise.

 

"Remember the promise we made under that one starry night before?" Sunny grinned.

 

Flashback

 

"Sunny-ah…I don't want to be away from you." A little Taeyeon sat beside the lake, her knees close to her heart and her chin rested on her knees as her arms hugged her legs.

 

Little Sunny stopped catching the fireflies that danced around the lake, illuminating the supposedly dark place. She hurried her way back to the pouting Taeyeon and crouched down beside her, looking at her.

 

"Why?"

 

Little Taeyeon spared her a quick glance before bringing her sights back to the illuminated lake before them and rests her chin back on her knees, hugging her knees tighter.

 

"I don't want us to be apart…don't you feel the same way Sunny-ah? I want us to be together forever!" Little Taeyeon exclaimed. Looking at Little Sunny with puppy eyes.

 

"Aigoo…" Sunny coed and embraces Taeyeon. "Okay then, we won't be apart. We'll be together forever." Sunny says.

 

Taeyeon looks up at Sunny from her hug. "Promise?"

 

Sunny smiles.

 

 

"Promise."

 

Flashback End

 

"We promised to stay together forever…" Sunny bashfully looked down at her hands when she reminisced the memory.

 

"This was the only way that I could think to bind our promise that time…and–" Sunny glances up at Taeyeon. "Unfortunately…I couldn't…" Sunny lets her eyes wander at Taeyeon's profile. Taeyeon was mum, she held no negative in her eyes but there was only one thing visible in her eyes. Affection. Taeyeon held her gaze softly on her.

 

 

"I kept it…hoping for the time that we would meet again…then I could give it to you. But it wasn't going to be that easy for me…" Sunny chuckled. "A childish promise made years ago. I doubted that you would still remember it…so I was reluctant to give you so–"

 

Oof!

 

"T-Taengoo?!"

 

 

"Shh…" Taeyeon hushed her by putting her index finger against Sunny's lips. She grinned at the surprised bunny and unexpectedly leaned in for a kiss. Sunny melted into the kiss in seconds after the engagement and kissed back. When Taeyeon pulled back, the byuntae hugged her tightly.

 

"Thank you so much, Sunny-ah! I love it!" Taeyeon claims as she kissed the surprised, red bunny's cheeks repeatedly.

 

"Erm…"

 

Taeyeon held the necklace in front of them as she stared, overjoyed at the letters on the pendant. 'SunYeon'. It was a simple, silver necklace with small aquamarine birthstones on the small slots in the 'Sun' and small circle emerald birthstones on the 'Yeon'.

 

Sunny took hold of the necklace and speaks. "I'll hook it for you. Turn around."

 

Taeyeon nods and turns around, lifting her soft, light brown hair out of the way to expose the nape of her neck to Sunny in order for the other to hook the necklace around her neck.

 

"There." Sunny curtly said in satisfaction. Quickly turns around to face her and she had a big smile on her baby face as she admired the necklace around her neck. She looks back up at Sunny who stared at her affectionately.

 

"Thank you, I will treasure it…" Taeyeon leans again for another kiss on Sunny's lips. Jeez, she was going to turn this into a hobby won't she? Taeyeon giggle inwardly at the curt thought. But then she realizes something.

 

"But…"

 

"Is there something wrong, Taeng?"

 

 

"…Ani, but…shouldn't a necklace like this be a pair?" Taeyeon asked. "I love it, but I want you to have one too so that we can be a pair…"

 

Sunny chuckles at Taeyeons question. "Actually, I have one, hidden inside a box."

 

"Really?!"

 

"I'll wear it later when we get back to the dorms." Taeyeon squealed and threw her arms around the shorter girl's neck as she showers her with kisses on the cheeks.

 

She really was starting to establish this as a hobby right now.

 

"T-Taeyeon-ah…" Sunny blushes at the bold action that her new girlfriend had done.

 

"What?"Taeyeon stops as she looks at the red faced bunny. A mischievous grin spread across her face. "Aigoo, is my bunny shy about my kisses on her cheeks?" she giggled.

 

"A-ah, that’s not–!" Again, she was cut off by Taeyeon's mouth on hers.

 

"Ahh…" Sunny was rendered speechless as she could only stare at the byuntae in front of her.

 

Taeyeon laughs. "Really, my bunny is just too cute!" she pinches Sunny's cheeks and crunched her nose. Before giving her a quick peck again.

 

"Ah…." Sunny's cheeks became even redder. How many times has Taeyeon kissed her this night?

 

Chincha–Was this kid making it a hobby?

 

"You know Sunny-ah, you should thank SooFany for this. Especially Sooyoung." Taeyeon suddenly said.

 

"Huh?" Why did Sooyoung's name appear all of the sudden? Wait…it can't be–!

 

 

'Aish! That Shikshin!' Sunny cursed inside her mind, but partly, she was thankful.

 

 

"Sooyoung told me about your feelings…I was surprised…and happy." Taeyeon confessed, shyly.

 

Sunny regained herself and sighs. Guess she can do nothing about what that giant took initiative on. Well, everything did do well after all. So she thinks that she should just let that shikshin off this time. If it weren't for Sooyoung, Taeyeon might have never known of her feelings towards her, and so, she won't also know that Taeyeon actually felt the same.

 

They would have never gotten the courage to confess to each other. Who would've thought…

 

'I guess cupid Soo is successful this time.' Sunny thought fondly of the now, shy girl before her. Sunny chuckles, staring at the stars above her.

 

 

 

"Then I guess, we should thank that shikshin later then."

 

 

 

Meanwhile....

 

"Aaacchooo!!!" Sooyoung shivered as she rubbed her index finger under her nose furiously. For the tenth time, she sneezed. And it was getting in her nerves.

 

 

 

"Aigoo, see? I told you to stop playing with that game…" Tiffany pats the taller girls back worriedly as Sooyoung sneezed again.

 

"Achoo!"

 

'Someone must be talking about me…' Sooyoung thought.

 

"Aish! Because your such a shikshin, tempted by those apples in the water…"

 

"But, Fany-ah~ the apple looked so delicious ~" Sooyoung whined to the American-born girl who glared at her.

 

"Hm, so the apple is more important and tempting than me, eh?" Tiffany inquired, retrieving her hand from Sooyoung's back and crossed her arms in front of her as she pouts.

 

"B-but–! Food–!"

 

"Oh, okay!" Tiffany interrupted and turns her back to the taller girl. "I get it now, just go and marry food and forget about our relationship then!" with that, the eye smiling princess stalked off with an angry pout on her pretty face.

 

"W-wait! Fany-ah! Achoo!" Sooyoung desperately jogged after the sulking girl as she stumbles along the way, going through the crowd of students on the area.

 

"Fany-ah! Wait for me!" Sooyoung calls out to the girl ahead as her mind wandered briefly to the two certain people that she was playing 'Cupid' on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Grr…The things I do for you…You better thank me later danshins…'

 

 

 

 

-------------------

Finally! I'm done! I hope you Enjoyed this story, I really enjoyed writing this one since a part of it contains something that happened in real life. :) and well, the rest of the details was actually dreamt. kekeke. ;D
Again, sorry for any grammatical errors and please don't be so harsh on me. hehehe.

Dandyu.

Thank you for taking time and reading this fanfic of mine. I really apreciate it. Thank you!

 

 

-ilYuN143's, out!