Cups and Guns I: Chocolatte, at first taste. . .

Strong Caffeine and Silver Bullets |Temporary|

Seoul, South Korea; October 15 2015, 7 am. – It was a sunny day in the land of the morning calm, streets were filled with the noise passers-by were making and the scent of fresh brewed coffee filled the air. A tall man entered the cafe that stood among others; he took off his fine coat and sat on the chair nearest to the window. “Good Morning! Welcome to Neverland Cafe, Sir. What would you like to have?” A cheery voice of a woman greeted him, he gently smiled and answered, “Ah, choco latte and a crumpet please. That is all, thank you.” The waitress slightly bowed and left with his order.


He took out his phone from the confinements of his pockets, he looked at it and sighed, twenty missed calls from his younger sister.

 

He was about to dial her number when another call interrupted him, it was his cousin this time. “What, Kris?” He raised an elegant brow as if the person he was talking to was in front of him. “Heard you’re here in Korea, something wrong, Lay?” The man’s deep voice asked. “Nothing,” he groaned, rubbing his temples. “I just need some vacation, that’s all. Who told you about this by the way?” A theoretical question, for he already guessed the answer, but confirming it, won’t hurt.


“Wuiren did. I called Yuan in Guangzhou and he told me that your evil sister who is unfortunately our cousin is as well, is working his off with her unending demands. I called her up after that.” He sighed, his sister was really a witch trapped in a human’s body.


“Is that all you wanted to say to me Kris? I have enough of those, thank you.” Kris on the other line chuckled at his cousin’s distressed state. “Sorry man, I also called to inform you that Tao and I will celebrate our seventh year anniversary this Saturday, it’s going to be held at the Mirage hotel at 8 pm. Then, hopefully, with enough courage, I can finally pop the biggest question mark.” Lay widened his eyes. Finally, huh? He smiled. Happy for his cousin who had already found his other half, his soul mate in the cute baby panda, Tao. The love story of Kris and Zitao was pretty hilarious, crazy and most of all one of a kind. |But, that’s on a different note.|

 

Lay congratulated his cousin and gave his best of lucks before he ended the call, as if on cue, the waitress returned with his latte and crumpet. “Here you go, Sir. I hope you enjoy your latte.” She smiled, bowed, and left with the tray in her arms. Lay took a slow sip of his hot latte, when the chimes of the cafe suddenly rang, signalling that a new customer had just entered the vicinity. Lay looked up from his latte cup and that’s when he felt his jaw loosen from its hinges. There, stood in front, wearing a plain white shirt and boy shorts was a man, too familiar for him too forget. The person who was his first love, the one he also left broken and hurt.

 

Lay, feeling flustered and shocked, unknowingly loosened his grip on the cup, and slowly, like in the movies, the cup came crashing down the tiled floors. And that broke the silence in the cafe that buzzed with patrons and new customers. Lay looked down at the now stained floors and the broken cup.

 

The man who just entered the cafe rushed to Lay’s side and stared at him. “A-are you okay, mister?” The worry in his voice was present and his gentle face softened even more. ‘WAKE UP YIXING! JUST SAY SOMETHING!’ “I’MFINE!” He suddenly shouted rapidly, making all the customers look at the two of them. The man was taken aback at his outburst and stepped back. ‘STUPID! YOU JUST MADE HIM FRIGHTENED OF YOU!’

 

“Manager! What happened? Are you okay?” A man just an inch shorter by Lay rushed to the man Lay scared off, he began touching the man everywhere possible. “I-I’m okay, Jinyoung, just clean up this mess, please?” Jinyoung nodded and went back inside the staff room to start the cleaning.


Lay was a vessel of mixed emotions, he was mad, someone just touched what’s his, he was shocked for he just broke a cup at the very cafe his first love owned, and lastly he was embarrassed by his outbursts that ended in him stuttering and shouting like a fool.

 

He sighed, and suddenly bowed. “I’m Sorry! I’ll pay for the damages I had done in your cafe. I hope I won’t be banned from coming here, your latte tastes really nice and it’s really tranquil here.” The man in front of him cutely chuckled. “You won’t be banned here. I assure you that.” Lay wants to face palm, seriously? What is he blabbering about? Another minus for his charming points.


Jinyoung then returned with the necessary cleaning equipments for Lay’s mess. Lay just stood there, silently observing, he doesn’t want this Jinyoung guy to ruin the moment and atmosphere for him and his beloved. After Jinyoung swept and moped every mess clean, the manager, approached him and smiled charmingly, possibly thanking Jinyoung for what the other had done, Lay could only watch them with ember in his eyes.


  After Jinyoung left, again, the manager approached Lay and told him that he can have another latte if he wanted. “R-really? You’re really kind, t-thank you, J-,” The manager raised an eyebrow at Lay, “A-ah, I mean Manager?” The manager smiled and held his hand out. “Kim Junmyeon, but please, call me Suho instead.” Lay took Suho’s hand and shook it gently, that’s when they both equally felt, the obvious sparks that rushed inside their veins and thru their entire system. 


Could this be a sign for Yixing to finally pursue his long lost love, whom he never forgotten once? Or for Junmyeon to remember the ignorance he had experienced a long time past? 

 

 

 

 

Author's  Note: Crappy first Chapter! T.T I'm such a failure! But I tried~ xDD Anyways, how was it? Comments are very much welcomed, criticisms to, just constructive ones. HAHAHA! I promise to improve my writing in the near future! 

AND BIG THANKS TO ALL THE SUBSCRIBERS! *lebows*
XOXO~ beibiimao saying goodbye for now! *waves* KEKE~