Hidden Truth

Don't Worry about Me, I Will Be Okay
Oh gosh, Seunghyun mumbled reading Changru's phone screen. Her name is Oei Pin Fei; she was born on Peking, September 31st, 1987. Still single. This must be Fei my classmate on JHS. The test result is blahblahblahblahblah but at the end she was diagnosed cancer .... err, brain?!! I wish I identified this wrongly, he said in his head

"Is this not wrong?" Seunghyun asked

"No!!" Changru frowned

"She is ...."

"Fei our classmate"

"Jesus!"

"The cancer is at the latest stage. I know you were very close to her. So I wish you can say goodbye to her. This report was made about 3 months ago. Based on this report, she only had about half month to live"

Seunghyun felt that his head had just hammered by container. He didn't think that Changru was right

"How can you know that this Oei Pin Fei is our classmate?"

"I see her by myself, bro. I even typed the results. Now, will you believe me?"

"Assume as if it's like that. Sorry, Changruru, I have to go now. Send me email of that file, please. I will contact you later"

Seunghyun left his friend. Now he had a new destination: Fei

-***-

Seunghyun came to Fei's apartment bringing three box of Hainan Rice and fruits. Seunghyun thought she had her hard time, so she had to be happy and eat a lot. Probably she had more time to make a peaceful deal with Daesung. If God said so.

The door was opened and Fei appeared, letting Seunghyun to sit. For Seunghyun, her face showed that she lost her weight very fast from the last time he met her , but not with her body. Had to be caused by her thick jacket, he concluded.

While Seunghyun analized how much her cancer took from herself, Fei went to kitchen, making beverages for them. Fei was back with orange juice, but she fell unconscious, breaking all glasses which had fulfilled by orange liquid.

Seunghyun became panic. He moved unconscious Fei to sofa. He also went to her bedroom to find any medicine, but he found nothing. So, Seunghyun spent his time to send messages to Changru about Fei.

After an hour, Fei got her consciousness back. Seunghyun acted as if he didn't know Fei's condition

"Seunghyun...."

"M-mh?" Seunghyun mumbled because he was too bingu to answer something

She looked at Seunghyun's phone,"Don't call Daesung"

Bingu Seunghyun couldn't understand why Fei asked to do so. He only could nod to her request

"Fei, what's going on actually? I don't understand why all of sudden you and Daesung have a big trouble..."

"Trouble can come and go as God wishes to"

"I know the truth"

"Which truth?" "Your cancer. Is that a matter between you and Daesung?"

Fei silenced for a while. She was almost crying, but tried to control it.

"Ah, you know it. Changru must have told you" she smiled

"If you know that you will go soon, why do you not spend it together with Daesung?"

"I don't want Daesung holds mental responsibility of my death. I am too in love with him to let him depressed"

", Daesung is crying in our dorm now. In next 5 hours, our dorm will be flooded by his tears"

"I prefer him hating me than lingering sadness because of the remaining love"

"But I'd be better if ......"

"You are motae solo, Seunghyun, you don't know anything about love. You don't know about me as a lover. Nothing"

"Assume I am like that"

"Hey, Seunghyun, I have an idea"

"What?"

"Euthanasia"

Seunghyun gulped,"You must have been crazy. DON'T DO THAT!!!"

"Seunghyun, you're my bestie from the beginning of my life in this Seoul. You taught me how to live in Seoul, you even made me and Daesung closer. You have made me forgotten and forgiven my past. You even still with me even I am with Daesung. You have given me the best, but I think I can control this one"

"Why, FEI?!!"

"Die tomorrow or next 15 days, that doesn't matter"

"Fei, even a second is meaningful, how dare you say like that?"

"Seunghyun-ah, it's painful to live like this. Faster I can free from this s, faster I'll be happy"

"Which is making you happier, marrying Daesung or getting a freedom of your cancer?"

"Marriage is just a status. I pick the second one"

"If you pick second one, lets work hard. Work hard gives cancer cells no option to stay. Run....."

"It's as pain as , and the pain is lingering. If I take euthanasia, I am only feeling pain for a while"

"Then you have to think about your afterworld lifetime" Seunghyun glanced

"You know I don't believe any of these idiotic stuffs but you scare me using it. No wonder why they call you bingu"

"Ah, Fei...." Seunghyun said it heavily. He didn't want to lose his bestie

"I am okay, Seunghyun"

"You're selfish. Do you think about others' feeling?"

"Yea, I think this too, babo. The hurts will fade as the day passes"

"But it leaves scar"

"At least the scar won't hurt you"

"But it reminds of the pain"

A call came to Seunghyun's phone. Fei shoo-ed Seunghyun away. Seunghyun, who had been bored to talk about euthanasia, went from Fei's apartment. He asked Fei to eat all the Hainan Rice and the fruits, but seemed she didn't care to him. He left the apartment guiltily

-***-

"Hyong?" Daesung called,"Are you free now? How about having coffee at 5 pm?"

"Oh, I am very agree, Daesung, very agree. Anyway, why do you not choose to do this in dorm?"

"Those s will hear me later"

"What s?"

"I'll tell you later. Just wait me as usual"

"Okay"

The conversation ended

-***-

Lotus Cafe was one of the best cafe in Gangnam. All boys in the dorm love the aroma of this cafe's coffee, but rarely consume it. They only came if they got big problem. Besides it was too strong, the price was quite expensive

Seunghyun came first. He ordered french fries and a low-caffeine robusta. Daesung came after fifteen minutes Seunghyun waited

"Sorry hyong, I am late" said Daesung

"That's okay"

Seunghyun waved calling waitress, then letting Daesung to order his menu

"Daesung, I have something for you,"

Seunghyun took his phone, showing the same blank screen with some spots on it,"This is Fei's medical check result"

"Throw it away, babo hyong. You know I don't care about her anymore"

Seunghyun held his breath, then read the screen loudly,"Oei Pin Fei; born on Peking, September 31st, 1987; based on our tests, she is having brain cancer at the last stadium"

"I don't hear anything, hyong!" Daesung closed his ears

"Stop playing around, Daesung. This is serious..."

"I want that lives in painful life, so I should be happy knowing this"

"Daesung! Use your mind well!"

"I'm in my best, hyong"

"But she wants to do euthanasia!"

"It sounds better"

"Daesung! She still loves you!"

"You are in' kidding me"

"Oh gosh, I am serious!" Seunghyun gave a sharp glance,"Now, Daesung, listen me well. Fei loves you. She has cancer and knows that she will die soon. She doesn't want you to have lingering sadness because of her leaving. She rents a dude to accompany her, acts to hurt you, so you will be always happy. If her plan goes well, you had been happy because your past and now you'll be happy because a betrayer has died. Daesung, how do you think?"

Daesung silenced

"Do you still have conscience in deep down of your heart for someone who lied for your happiness??!"

"Hyong, how can you believe that liar girl?"

"How can you believe all my saying if you don't read the proof? How can u not give a chance for someone who had done perfections for these 5 years, Daesung?"

Seunghyun zoomed the spots on his phone screen, then showed it in front of Daesung's small eyes. Like it or not, he should finally read it. Seunghyun smiled. He saw a hope to unite his friends again in Daesung's eyes