When Kai asks you out as a dare

When Kai asks you out as a dare

“Come on, just one time. I’ll even pay for dinner.” he winked at me.

 

I rolled my eyes and slammed my locker door shut.

“No.” I said.


 

Kim Jongin used to be a nice person to hang around, but now he was a jerk. We used to be friends, best friends even. It all started when the meanest boy in the sixth grade, Daehyun “accidentally” spilled milk on my hair. It was Picture day and my dads braided my hair. Yup, that’s right, dads. My dads were gay and the kids at school made fun of me for it.


 

Anyway, my hair was nicely braided and Daehyun “accidentally” spilled milk on my hair. All the kids laughed at me but Kim Jongin didn’t. He went up to the bully and kept punching him the face until the teachers came to separate the two. My teacher took me to the office to wash some of it out and when I came out, I saw Kai sitting on the bench outside of it.


 

He waved at me and patted the seat next to me. I waved back at him nervously and sat next to him.

“Are you okay?” he asked.


 

“Oh..um..yes, I guess. I mean, what about you?” I stuttered while pointing to his ice pack he pressed against his cheek.


 

He chuckled. “I’m fine.” he said.


 

I blushed and looked away. The most popular guy in school was actually talking to me, Kim Jongin. He was good-looking, had many friends and many girls adored him. He was actually talking to me, the clumsy and ugly duckling everyone made fun of.


 

“My name’s Jongin. Kim Jongin.” he stuck his hand out.


 

I stared at it.


 

“It’s polite to say your name back and shake my hand.” he laughed.


 

“I know. Sorry, my name’s Hana.” i shook his hand.


 

“I know.”


 

Our friendship blossomed from there. He quickly became my best friend and he always hung out with me, even though he could’ve been hanging out with other people. Jongin could make me laugh and he stood up for me when people teased me. Around middle school, he began taking dance classes. He actually turned up really good. Even more girls crowded around him when we tried to hang out.

He would always roll his eyes and give me a goofy but adorable smile. He could also sing really well. Every year he won the school talent show.


 

In our first year of high school, he still hung out with me, but not as much. He would hang around the popular people. But when we did hang out, it felt like heaven. After those few years with him, I finally realised, I was in love with Kim Jongin.


 

When I finally had the courage to speak to him about it, I tried to call him but he always said he was busy. I tried to text, but he just became annoyed. I also tried to confront him and give him a letter but he said


 

“Just slip it into my locker, every girl does it too.”


 

He went to talking to his group of friends. I became kind of frustrated and grabbed him by the arm in the middle of his sentence. I dragged him out of the classroom.


 

“What do you want?” he looked irritated.


 

“I have to tell you something.” I said.


 

He looked around to see if maybe anyone was watching. “What?” he said.


 

I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath.


 

“Jongin, I-uh , I think I’m in l-love with, um you.” I probably turned a deep shade of red.


 

He sighed. “Anything else?” he said, looking bored.


 

“Didn’t you just hear me Jongin?” I asked.


 

“Uh yeah, I’m not deaf or anything.” he rolled his eyes.


 

I was seriously confused.


 

“Do you know how much girls confess their love to me each week?” he asked me, obviously annoyed.


 

I just stood there motionless.


 

“You know what? I gotta go to dance practice so if you have anything important to tell me, let me know.” then he left.


 

I was just standing there. I was expecting either a disgusted Kai or one that actually would understand my feelings and maybe return them. Now he was here, asking me.


 

“Why not?” he asked. “I’m good-looking. I sing and dance good, and I’m part of one of the most famous boy bands there are.”


 

“No.” I said blandly, trying to fight my tears.


 

“Hey, isn’t this what you wanted. Me and you together?” he pushed me gently against the wall.


 

His friends snickered in the back.


 

“Shesh, get of me.” I tried to push him away but he held his place.


 

“Come on.” he whispered into my ear, his warm breath on my neck gave me goosebumps.


 

My brain must have turned off for a while because I was imagining Kai taking me to a fancy restaurant. He was dressed in a black and white suit and I was wearing a gorgeous lavender dress. He led me to our table and girls glared at me enviously.


 

“Fine.” I huffed out.


 

“Ha, you owe me 10 dollars dude.” I heard one of his friends say.


 

“I totally thought she was going to say no.” another one of his friends laughed while fishing through his pockets for his wallet.


 

I looked up to Kai. He smirked at me and said “What? You really thought I was going to actually ask you out?”


 

I glared at him “What?” I stammered.


 

“It was a dare.” his friend laughed. His other friends chuckled along with him.


 

“God, look at her face. She’s red.” one of his friends sneered.


 

“Oh my gosh, she actually thought Kai would date something like her, she looks like a troll.” his friend who won the bet said.


 

Kai just stood there with a smug look.


 

“I actually thought you changed Jongin. I still had feelings for you. But I guess it was a waste liking someone like you.” I whispered.


 

Then I ran.


 

“She still likes me?” he thought to himself. “Oh no.” he started to run after me.


 

_________________________________________


 

“Baek-baekhyun?” I sobbed into the phone.


 

“No, this is Sehun. Is this (y/n)?” he asked frantically.


 

“Yes, can you please put him on the phone?” I asked.


 

“Of course hold on.” he said. I heard him shout “BAEKHYUN!”


 

“Are you okay (y/n)?” Sehun asked.


 

“Um-uh don’t worry about me. It’s okay.” I tried to say nicely.


 

“I got Baekhyun.” Sehun said.


 

“Thank you.” I mumbled.


 

“(y/n)!?” Baekhyun cried.”Are you hurt? Are you injured?”


 

“Baek-Baekhyun.” I sobbed.


 

“What happened?” he asked hysterically.


 

“Kai he-he asked me out,” I hiccuped. “when I said yes, he said it was a-”


 

I was cut off by Kai snatching the phone from the hand.


 

“What the hell?!” I tried to grab the phone back.


 

“What have you done Kai?!” I heard Baekhyun yell through the phone.


 

“I’ll handle it.” Kai said.


 

“No, you stupid bas-” then Kai ended the call.


 

___________________________________________

“What are you doing?” I yelled at him.


 

He dragged me to the park nearby and sat me down at the bench we used to hang out at after school.


 

“I need to talk to you.” he said trying to block my furious kicks.


 

“Well, I don’t want to talk so let me go.” I tried to break his grasp.


 

“No, it’s important.” he pleaded.


 

“Why should I talk to you.” I scowled.


 

“I don’t know but give me two minutes. Just two minutes please.” he put his hands together and bowed many times.


 

“Two minutes.” I growled.


 

“Okay, I’m sorry, first. What I did was totally disrespectful and I didn’t even consider if you had a boyfriend, a-and the guys made me do it, bu-but I do like you. They said they would play a disgusting prank on you, that I don’t wanna talk about if I didn’t do it. I’m sorry that I didn’t contact or even acknowledge you for the last year, I was really busy with EXO and I needed to distract my friends so they wouldn’t bully you. The girls said they would do mean things to you if I didn’t hang out with them. And again I’m really sorry.” he took a big breath after his little epiphany.


 

“It’s okay.” I whispered.


 

“No, it’s not. I’m going to make up for it for the rest of my life.” he said trying to make eye contact with me.


 

“Is this some kind of dare too?” I asked avoiding his beautiful eyes.


 

“No, I swear. It doesn’t matter anymore, those people that I called my friends liked me only for my looks and my fame. I tried to watch over you when i didn’t hang out with you. You mean so much to me. I know I don’t deserve you and I don’t even have the right to say this but I-i love you (y/n).” he said.


 

I gawked at him.


 

“No dare?” I asked.


 

“No dare.” he confirmed.


 

“Saranghae.” I sighed.

 

“naneun dangsin-eul salanghabnida”  (I love you more),he grinned.