Chapter 1

Misanthropy (Hiatus)

Suprisingly, male chauvinsim was still lingering around in prestigious families and Nayoung was one of its victim.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Clean that vase, it still looks dirty to me. Or else I'll tell Granny," Nayoung's younger brother, Junghyun smirked, he loved the sight of scoldings.

 

"Do I look like a house maid to you?" Nayoung howled, she thought that she had no status in this place. What could she benefit in this place with no freedom and hope? She stopped school several years ago and became no different from a slave to the Kim family. While Junghyun, led a totally different life. The Kim family dispensed great favours to Junghyun but nothing Nayoung did was pleasing in their eyes.

 

"What could she bring to the family? One day, she'll just marry a man and change her surname," the elders usually said, this was rarely seen in the 20th century. The Kim family had a rich heritage thus living to their rich culture that had been passed down generations ago. They always believed that it was the male which would ensure that their family line would not stop. Cliche right?

 

"You! Stop that!" It was too late, Junghyun held the vase high up in the air and let go the vase. There it go, "smashed!" Nayoung was in for big trouble again. The glass had contact with the ground and shattered into countless pieces by the impact. The water and roses in the vase splattered in all directions. The floor was a mess.

 

Clack...clack.. Here she comes. Old Mrs Kim made a prominent entrance into Nayoung's room with the thumping of her walking stick on the ground. Nayoung cursed under her breath and mouthed "I hate you" to Junghyun.

"You unruly rascal! How dare you break my favourite vase! You were trying to hurt your younger brother didn't you?" she shrieked and stared at Nayoung with eyes full of disgust. She looked as if she wanted to murder her grand-daughter.

 

"I didn't, you should get your facts right here! He was the one that broke the vase, not me!" Nayoung screamed at her while pointing at Junghyun. Junghyun's shoulders tensed and he formed a cross with his hands "it's not me!" and shook his head vigourously, denying the fact.

 

Old Mrs Kim gave a light, understanding nod to Junghyun and turned back to Nayoung with fuming eyes. She wanted to say something but was still at the midst of thinking.

 

"I know, you hate me because I'm a girl!" Nayoung bellowed, she had enough of this tiresome lifestyle, she felt so sick and tired.

 

"You dog! Instead of admitting to your mistakes, you questioned me? I know, you did it out of spite so as to land Junghyun in hot soup!!" the elderly growled. She found that now, it was the perfect time to get rid of "this trash".

 

Nayoung started bawling her tears out in anger and frustration, what did she do to deserve a scolding? Unknown to her, she was in depression. She started pulling her hair and stomping her feet, she felt so disgusted and wronged. She heard her grandmother talking on the phone with someone quietly.

 

Tears blurred her sight and she rubbed her eyes ferociously, soon her vision was blurred due to the constant rubbing. She then noticed that two burly silhouette approaching her. Was she hallucinating?

 

They caught hold of her, one gripping her left arm and the other gripping her right. She struggled but she was no match to them. Their grip was tight and was hurting her. She noticed a vague figure approaching her and injected a an injection into her. Her sight blurred even more and her mind was swirling around her. She out.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nayoung blinked her eyes and streched. To her surprise, she was restrained to stretch by a certain object around her abdomen. She roared, "Where am I? Let me off!" All eyes were on Nayoung, some were annoyed while some had shocked faces.

 

She looked around her, it was nothing like the Kim's house. It was full of people and seats, some were consuming their meal and some were watching small television on the seat in front of them. What was that? She also had another mini-sized television in front of her.

 

"Oh, Miss Kim. We are currently on board to Danshan, China. We'll unbuckle that seat belt on you after we have successfully take-off." a stewardess replied to Nayoung. She moved on to the other passengers reminding them to off the television, stop eating and most importantly, buckle their seat belts.

 

Well, Nayoung was from a rich background but she had never took an aeroplane before. *So this is an aeroplane, it is as beautiful and clean as how the books depicted* She enjoyed 2 hour ride in the plane with scrumptuous food and watched a movie in the mini-sized television. Though she was suspicious to why she would end up in a plane to China, she found that she should just enjoy her time in the plane.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Two hours ended quickly in a flash and Nayoung exited the plane unwillingly. She wanted to consume more scrumptuous meals, it suddenly dawned to her. Where was she going to go now? Before she panicked, she caught glimpse of a man holding a cardboard with "Waiting for Nayoung" when she arrived at the airport hall.

 

She approached him and mumbled, "I'm Nayoung, what am I suppose to do now?" She wasn't too sure to follow this man but where else could she go? The middle-aged man smiled at her, "Oh, Miss Nayoung, you are Kim Sunhee's grand-daughter? Yes, follow me this way!" he pointed at a car outside the airport.

 

She nodded weakly upon hearing her grandmother's name, the doubts were clear now. She thought that Old Mrs Kim assigned her to stay in China to maybe find a job and send some money home. Contended, she followed the man to the car and they drove off. Nayoung was silent the whole ride as she thought that she understood the whole situation.

 

She arrived at the destination and she was only half right. Yes, she was going to stay in China but about the job thing, maybe not.

 

"安装希望精神病医院"   was etched on the gate of a castle-liked building.

 

Before she stopped school, she took Mandarin as a subject and knew the Chinese well. That place was none other than a psychiatric hospital. She knew her future days were nothing good.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Author's note:

Here's the first chapter, hope you guys liked it. I was pretty contended that I was able to update a fairly-long chapter, Luhan's fans. Sorry as he did not appear in this chapter. Rest assured, he will be introduced soon:)

With much love,

-Chey