The Letter

The Letter

“Taetae” I heard the voice of the angel that I love so much called me. The name of that angel is Stephanie Hwang Miyoung but she preferred to be called as Tiffany.

“Miyoung” I turned to her and saw her waving while smiling with her eyes forming a crescent.

Oh, her eye smile is so beautiful.

She ran to me and gave me a bottle of cold water.

“You must be tired from all that practice”


“Yeah, I’m so tired”

Oh yeah I forgot, I’m Kim Taeyeon, the girls’ basketball captain in our school. Our school has two basketball teams, one for boys and one for girls but when it is time for practices the two teams will have joint practices.

“Oh yeah what are you doing here? It’s already late”


“Well I wanted to walk home with my best friend”

That’s right best friend. I love her more than a friend should be but she didn’t know it and I don’t have the courage to tell it to her.

“Kim Taeyeon come here. We're already starting the last part of the practice” A tall and handsome guy called me. He’s Choi Siwon the captain of the boys’ basketball team. I saw her staring at him as if she's mesmerized by him.

“I’m coming. Hey Miyoung could you wait for me there in the bleachers we’ll be finish in a short while”


“….”  She didn’t reply because she's still staring at him. So I decided to get her attention.

“Umm…Tiffany?” I waved my hands in front of her.


“Hello? Earth to Tiffany” I started snapping my fingers


“Huh? Oh what were you saying Tae?” At last, I got her back


“I said wait for me there in the bleachers”


“Oh, yeah sure” She made her way to the bleachers while I run back to the court.

After the practice I took a short shower. Yes, our school has a mini shower room for the athletes. After that, I changed into my uniform. I saw her, there at the bleachers, still sitting and waiting patiently for me but she's texting someone.

“Hey lets go home” I extended my hand to her. She accepted it and entwined our fingers. We got out of the school and started heading to our houses.

“Taetae can I stay at your house for a while?” She asked me with a hint of uncertainness in her voice


“Of course you can. You can stay at my house anytime but can I ask why?” I’m getting curious


“Well I wanted to ask you about our home works”


“Oh is that all? You should have told me earlier but you should ask permission to your father.”


“Don’t worry about it I already texted him and he said it’s ok”

After a couple of minutes we arrived at my house. My parents are not home because of their business trip in other country. I told her to wait for me in my room while I prepare snacks for the two of us. When I get up, I saw her sitting on the floor in front of the table with a letter in her hands. I place the snacks in the table and sat across her.

“Fany what is that?”


“Um…Taetae you close with Choi Siwon right?” Choi Siwon? What about that guy does Tiffany has feelings for that guy?


“Um, yeah sort of”


“…….” She suddenly became quiet.


“Fany are you al-”


“-Could you give this to him” She put the letter in front me


“Huh? Why? what is that letter?” Please don’t say it’s a love letter


“It’s a love letter” She answered with a soft voice. No, this is not happening. Since when? Why didn’t I know?


“Love letter? You have feelings for him?”


“Yes I do since the day I saw him played in the semifinals”


“Oh. Why didn’t you tell me?” I feel like crying


“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. It’s just that I’m too shy to tell you. So taetae can you give this to him?”

Argh! This is so hard. If I don’t accept I know she will be sad and if I accept it I feel like betraying myself but all I want to happen is to make this girl happy. I guess I don’t have a choice.


“Ok, I’m going to give it to him tomorrow before practice”


“Really?”  When I said ok, her aura became happy


“Yes”


“OMG, taetae thank you so much! I love you!” She tackled and gave me a hug.

I love you too Tiffany more than you will ever know.


After we finish our home works. She left right away. Guess all she really wanted to do is to ask me to deliver the letter.

If you only know Tiffany that I also wrote a love letter but it’s not for him it’s for you. I fell asleep with tears flowing out of my eyes.


----------


The next day, time went fast and it’s already time for practice. I didn’t get to see Tiffany this day. I headed to the gym and saw Siwon playing by himself. Guess this is the right time.

“Siwon” I called him. He stopped playing and came to me


“What is it?”


“Well you see, my friend wants me to give this letter to you” I handed him the letter.


“Oh thank you” He accepted it. Is this going to be the start of my loss to Tiffany?


“Oh yeah another one I won’t attend today’s practice”


“Why?”  you’re asking why? Because I wanted to be all alone right now


“I’m not feeling well”


“Oh, you should rest then”


“Yeah…well I’ll be going now”


I leave the school and walked to the park. I sat on one of the empty chairs near the pond. I started thinking about what will happen now.

Will they be together? Or not? Will I still have a chance?

-------

(Tiffany’s POV)

Here I am waiting in bench near the fountain in our school. If Taeyeon really did gave Siwon the letter then he should be here by now.

“You’re Tiffany Hwang right?” A familiar voice asked. It’s him.


“Ah yes, I am” Oh my I’m getting nervous.


“I will not delay it anymore, so I will go straight to the point. I’m sorry I cannot accept your feelings for me”


The moment he said that my heart stop beating.


“It’s okay.” I feel like crying. I need to see Taeyeon after this.


“I’m really sorry but I know there is someone there who already have feelings for you” Huh? What did he just said?


“Huh?”


“There is someone else waiting for you”


“Someone? Who is it?”  Who? Who is that person?


“I can’t tell you. You need to know yourself or you wait could until that person already have the courage and confess to you. Well I need to go, Bye”

He left already. He left with me a puzzle in my mind. I decided to go to Taeyeon’s house. Her parents aren’t there but I have a duplicate key of her house. I run to her room but she’s not there. I saw a letter in the table near her bed. I took it and examined it. It’s a love letter.

Who’s the person Taeyeon’s in love with?

I open and read it. I dropped the letter. It’s for me. The love letter is for me. Since when did she have feelings for me? I tried calling her.

~Ring~


“Hello Taeyeon?”


“Hello Miyoung, what is it?”


“Where are you?”


“I’m at the park right now.”


“Don’t move there I’m coming”


“Huh? Wai-” I hung up the phone. I got out of the house and hailed a cab to go to the park.

-----------


(Taeyeon’s POV)

Tiffany called and she’s being weird. Did something happened to her?

“Taeyeon” It’s her


“Miyoung why did you call me”


“Tell me taeyeon since when did you have feelings for me? I was surprised. How did she know about my feelings for her?


“How?”


“Don’t ask how just answer me”


“Since the day we first met I already have feelings for you”


“You’ve already waited for so long”


“Yes I did”


“Did you know that Siwon dumped me?


“What? He dumped you? Why?”


“He said that there someone else who is waiting for me and that was you”


“Wha-Tiffany I’m telling you I didn’t tell Siwon to dumped you nor told him about my feelings”


“That is not what I wanted to say Taeyeon”


“Huh?”


“Can you wait for me Taeyeon?”


“Huh? Wait? For what?”


“Wait until I’m ready to love you the way you love me”


“Tiffany…”


“I wanted to give us a chance Taeyeon. I don’t know maybe you’re really the one for me. So will you wait for me?”


“Yes Tiffany. I’m willing to wait. I’ve already waited for a long time so I can’t wait a little more”


“Thank you Taeyeon but for now until the day I move on we will still be friends right?”


“Of course”


You gave me a peck in the cheek and we watched the sunset together. Our status, were friends but going into lovers. I won’t call it M.U which is mutual understanding because it also stand for mis-understanding.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: There's a sequel for this shot :D
 

Update: The Sequel has already been posted. The title is A Time For Us