Chapter04.01: Survival Wars

Hooters [on Hiatus]

HOOTERS

Chapter04.01: *Survival Wars*

soyoung.jpg

~Sooyoung’s POV~

*SooHyo Pairing*

According to my device it was already 12 noon, and I am tremendously famished. There were already three people who died. Numbers 20, 26, and 21 has already disappeared in my device, and I know who number 20 is- Sunhwa. It was sort of unfair and I didn’t get the chance to see her for the last time, and I feel so hopeless for not saving a friend. Only few hours have passed but I’ve grown weak and empty. Where are you guys…

I want to find my girls badly, I want to see them safe, but at the moment I still feel betrayed. Taeyeon said it will be fine, but then I couldn’t remember what happened to me and suddenly I end up waking up in a beach wearing a weird outfit. The sun was striking hot and I couldn’t take the heat anymore. My hair was tied into a messy up do, and I don’t have any idea why they still manage to beautify us despite of the war.

“THIS IS SO UNFAIR!” I shouted in anger. I kicked the sand and I started to cry and breakdown. I started to sob.

“Don’t cry…It won’t do any good. You want to find your friends? Go and find them. Crying won’t help.” A voice said from my device. It was Hye Kyo.

*Sniff* I rubbed my tears away from my eyes.

I stood up and started to explore the beach and its coconut trees. “This is worse than being sober…” I mumbled to myself. *sniff* I walked and walked and I’ve grown hungrier as time pass. I don’t know where I am now not but clearly I haven’t found anything useful along the ground. So unfair… I’ve almost reach a weird forest, I think it’s a rainforest? And I am totally hungry.

Vines draped from trees and I really have to start looking for food. I yanked the vine that was long enough for my reach and I started to make a rope. A thick and elastic rope, while walking I picked up small yet sharp pieces of rocks that can be used to shoot an animal.

Just as I walk some more to collect more rocks, I found berry bushes. My eyes were enlightened and it wasn’t just any bush but it was strawberry bushes! “Wow!!” I picked a strawberry and popped one into my mouth. The sweetness tingled my bud until- “SOOYOUNG!” someone cried. It was a familiar voice, and I know it was near me. “SOOYOUNG!!!”

“HYOYEON?!” I replied. “Where are you?!”

“SOOYOUNG!! I can see you! I’m here! Look down over the bush!”

I looked down from the bush where I was eating (I feel like I’m a bear…eating berries from bushes) and there I saw Hyoyeon, she was half sinking in a mud. “Ya! What happened to you?!” I quickly ran to a trail that leads to where she was.

“I’m sinking in this quick sand… Help me…” Hyoyeon was tearing up. “It wasn’t quick sand earlier! The game moderators turned it into this… It was plain mushy ground and I could step on it but then I sank.”

“Remember, game mods can change the tactics…” Sooyoung warned. “Here! Hold on to this.” I threw the tick elastic vine that I made. I tried to pull Hyoyeon out but it was kind of useless due to my lack of strength.

I ran over to a tree that was near and hanged the vine over a branch. I started to pull but it was hard. The sand was really thick and Hyoyeon was seriously stuck and was about to drown.

“Sooyoung… I have a confession to make!” Hyoyeon’s head was now the only visible body part I can see.

“Aya! Hyoyeon-ah! This is not a right time for that!” I said. I was almost in a panic mode. Don’t say anything now, not here.

“Seriously… If I die now, you get my points and you can proceed but I just want you to know that…” Hyoyeon paused as she held on tight to the vine. “I love you…so much…more than you know. More than you think… More than you feel…” She was almost drowning.

 Oh gosh! I love you too just so you know. But what kind of love are you telling me? Is it more than friends? More than sisters? I don’t care what kind of love that is, but I simply can’t lose you. With my remaining strength, I pulled the vine hard (the magic of adrenaline rush) and in one pull Hyoyeon’s shoulder became visible, another pull, her chest came, and lastly her waist got out of the sand. She reached over the ground and crawled out. Out of exhaustion she collapsed.

“HYO!” I said as I ran to her. I helped her sit and she was sticky as a gum.

“Sooyoung…” Hyoyeon said. She was quivering in fear and she burst into a sob.

*Tit tit!*

100 points appeared in our devices.

I cleared away the hair that was sticking in her face. “Are you hurt? Do you feel any pain?” I asked.

Hyoyeon shook her head. She hugged me tight and didn’t want to let me go. “I’m scared...I feel numb…”

“You managed to survive…I’m so proud of you!!” I hushed as I pat her back for comfort. She sobbed hard and hugged me tighter like I’m being squished by sandwich bread. I pressed my lips against her temple. “We need to find water to clean you before we go hunting.”

I helped her stand and supported her at first. Hyoyeon was weak, her knees wiggled and she landed on her .

“Waaaahhhhhh!!!!” She cried like a kid.

“Oh….” I kneeled and sat on my leg. “It’s okay. We’ll go on later, just rest for a while.” I said as I hug her. “I will never let you go ever.”

Hyoyeon turned her gaze to me. She looked at me deep into my eyes, and she was crying like a kid. “Don’t leave me okay?”

“neh… I won’t.” I said.

Suddenly she kissed me in the tip of my nose. “Thank you for saving me…”

I smiled faintly. “It’s because you are worth saving and fighting for.”

 

“I love you too…” I said sweetly responding to her confession earlier, even though it’s more than what I think, feel, and know, even more than friends… I don’t care. It doesn’t matter.

 

“Sooyoung! Hyoyeon!”

Our peaceful atmosphere was disturbed by a voice who called us. As we turned our heads, a girl with hair colored in black and amber came. “Victoria! Luna!” I said.

“Quick! Stand up! RUUUNNN!!!” Luna warned. They helped us up and dragged us along with them.

Luna and Victoria was one of our friends in camp. They were like the relatives of our group. If we have Taeyeon and Sunny as our omma and appa, Victoria is our aunt or sungmo then Luna is our cousin or sachon if I’m not mistaken.

“What is happening???” I questioned. “Why are we running??”

 

“THEM!!” Luna said as she points behind.

Behind us, three girls were running, one had a weird looking sharp sword, the other has a sphere, and the third had a Chinese metal fan.

“WHERE ON EARTH DID THEY GET THOSE WEAPONS?! We don’t have any!!” I screamed.

“It’s because you were not looking hard for one!” Hye Kyo said from my device.

“Wow! Is this a good time to reprimand me?!” I said over to the device. None responded.

The four of us ran fast to survive. Hyoyeon was holding my hand and we were running together.

“GUYS! QUICK SANDS!!!” Hyoyeon said. She stopped and pulled me back. She was scared to death again.

In front of us were puddles of quick sand. Though there were little paths to walk on to but majorities were puddles.

Victoria couldn’t take it anymore. She ran back to counter attack. She high kicked the girl who had a Chinese metal fan. The fan flew away and it landed on Luna’s feet. “LUNA! GET IT!!”

Victoria and the girl fought with hand in hand combat.

The girl who has a weird looking sword suddenly grabbed Victoria from behind. She pointed her sword against Victoria’s neck. “DON’T MOVE!” The girl said.

“OMMAA!!!” Luna shouted.

“GO ON SAVE YOURSELVES!” Victoria choked. “RUN! NOW!”

“NO!!!” Luna screamed. “I’m not leaving you!!” Lune threw the metal fan. The fan sliced through the air and aimed towards the girl who was holding Victoria. It sliced deeply through her temple, damaging the forehead of her skull and blood spurted from her head.

Just as the girl fell onto the ground, Victoria was free but before she could run the girl who was holding a sphere stabbed her behind.

“OMMA!!!!!!!” Luna screamed at the top of her lungs.

“Sungmo…” Hyoyeon and I said together. We were shocked and at the same time we couldn’t believe what was happening. 

“Now we’re even…” The girl who stabbed Victoria said.

Out of my anger, I remembered the rock I was gathering earlier. I pulled it out from my pocket and hilariously threw it against the girl who stabbed Victoria.

“Ya…” Hyoyeon weirdly said. “Sooyoung ah… what are you doing??”

It was my last idea- funny but maybe useful. “I’m targeting something…” I said. I was aiming for the head, by the hairline. On my last throw, with my last rock, I threw it with full force and it hit the jackpot. The collapsed and she was knocked out.

“Not quite even…” I said angrily.

“Wow…” Hyoyeon commented. “I didn’t know it was that easy??”

“Try hitting someone by the hairline very hard, some even die from it. “

The last girl, she wanted to run, as she started to run, Hyoyeon ran to her and kicked her on a grand scale. “How dare you run, coward! I never kill, but I may-” 

The girl landed on the ground, her body slammed against the floor near a puddle of quick sand. She was crawling hard but the ground cracked and melted. All of a sudden she fell into the puddle.

We were about to help her and reached for her but she ignored our hand, she was fighting and struggling, which makes her suffer more and would most likely drown her any time now.

“Don’t panic!” I shouted irritatingly. “You killer! You’re lucky we’re not like you! Now grab on!”

The girl did not listen to us and just continued to struggle. “YA!” We said. But suddenly she sank and she wasn’t visible anymore.

Luna didn’t mind the girl who was drowning; she hugged Victoria who was lying helplessly on the ground. “Omma?? Omma?!?!” Luna cried hard as she hugs the lifeless body of Victoria. “You said you won’t leave mee…. This is so unfair!!!!”

“Luna…” Hyoyeon said as she touched her shoulder. But Luna didn’t respond.

Hyoyeon held my hand and we looked at each other. Tears started to swarm the edge of our eyes. Both of us felt helpless and hopeless, if only we could bring her back like those in video games that if you die and you have spare lives you can try again. This game is different… We only have one life and it’s our life.

Everything went fast and quick. Few seconds ago Victoria was still with us and now she’s gone in a blink of an eye.

“Now there’s no one to protect me…” Luna cried as she cradles Victoria.

*tit tit*

Numbers 7, 22, 21, and 24 disappeared from our devices.

400 points came up to my device.

200 points came to Hyoyeon.

200 points came to Luna.

 

“Did you get omma’s?” Luna asked me.

I nodded gloomily.

Our heart broke… Luna was always with Victoria ever since we could remember. “You’re not alone. We’re here. You’re with us now…We’ll adopt you. We could be your omma or appa or whatever it is you want to call us…”

But Luna didn’t answer. We know it’s hard to lose someone you love, and no one can ever replace the omma of your life, we know how it feels.

The hardest part was we didn’t have a chance to say what we wanted to say…

And goodbye was so soon for our dear loving Aunt Victoria.

I hope to find Taeyeon and the others soon... We can't tell who will die next...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~JESSICA POV~

JETI Couple

 

Copy+of+snsd-hoot-jessica-jung_mfbar.jpg

According to my device, it’s almost 2 in the afternoon. Goodness! I’ve battled weird looking insects and creatures and here I am! Stuck inside this cave looking for a way out! My anger is starting to rise, and I feel irritated. I found a lot of things along the ground but nothing seems to be that useful. I found a matchbox, a flashlight, a bag with few band aids, wound ointments, antibiotics, and poison remedy? Seriously… This is not working for me. I need a compass but I can’t find anything. I’m looking for light rays but seems like this cave’s ceiling is leaking water. I’m hoping that I’m not in an underwater cave or something.

 

“Aigoo…” I grunted under my breath as I point the flash light towards the long tunnel I’m passing. “This is hopeless!!” I shouted. “I’ve been walking for hours and I can’t find the way out.” I wish Seo Baby was here, she’s the one who’s good in finding a way out. I’m just good in looking out for things, I bet she’s lucky and found her way already.

I walked and walked, on my next step the ground suddenly cracked and – BUGSH!

I fell and landed on my . *OUCH*I used my flashlight to inspect my surroundings. The place where I am now is moist compared above. I stood up and dusted off my . “The H…” I expressed.

I lighted and observed the pathway ahead of me. From afar, I can see a small opening. Its bright light was shining through. Hope sparked through my chest and I quickly ran for it. I’m going to find my girls; finally, I will see them.

“WHOA!” I expressed as I got out of the opening. I ended up in a circular dimension structure. It looked like an underwater air pocket. The ceiling was high and in the middle of it, rays of light was shining through. In front of me was a pool of crystal clear blue water sparkling as the light touches its surface. It was like a huge puddle of iridescent water. I can see fishes swimming through the clear water.

It was honestly romantic, except that I was alone and I’m currently in a battle game so maybe I should get moving.

I didn’t know why my mind wants to go but my body wants to stay. I have a feeling I should stay a little longer. Maybe I could spare some more time then I’ll just move after. I watched the fish swim along the peaceful water.

There was another opening located in the other side from where I was standing. I was planning to go when suddenly I noticed a spark of light coming from it. I think someone is coming. I wanted to hide but it was too late, a girl came out from the opening, her hair was colored in chocolate brown and it was tied into a half pony tail with curls over the ends.

“Jessica?” The girl asked.

I was tremendously shocked and I did not expect to see her here. “Tiffany?”

“AHHHH!!!! SICA MY LOVE SO SWEET!!!” Tiffany shrieked excitingly, even I got excited as well though I usually get sicken when she say that to me.

We ran towards each other and for the first time ever we hugged sweetly. I don’t usually hug or be lovey dovey with my girls but this was different. “How did you end up here?” I asked her. “Are you hurt? Do you feel any pain? What?? Say something!” I said.

Tiffany smiled and giggled. Her eye smile melted my heart. The feeling of pain and exhaustion suddenly went away. “I’m really happy to see you Jessica!” She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me happily.

I smiled. “I’m happy to see you too!” I hugged her as well.

“You look so beautiful…” Tiffany commented as she traced the curls of my hair with her finger. I really don’t know how I look like.

“Look…” She pointed towards the clear water.

Both of us stared into our reflection. I was wearing a hair band and my hair has volume in it like a balloon and curls flowed from the ends of my strands. I didn’t mind myself much but for the first time ever I noticed Tiffany. I know she is beautiful but I never saw it this deep before.

Tiffany smiled again and through our reflection I saw and felt that she slid her hands into mine. “See?”

I chuckled shyly. “Nah… You’re much beautiful than I am…I’m not beautiful.” I said as I look at her. Though I was quite flattered but I was shy to admit it.

Tiffany shook her head. “Yes you are.” She looked at me and bumped her temple lightly to mine and we ended up rubbing the tip of our nose together like how our Taeyeon omma does it to us.

My cheeks turned pink. I’m not usually like this. “Thank you that you found me…” I say to her.

“Thank you for waiting for me …” Tiffany said sweetly showing off her eye smile again.

“How did you know?” I asked.

She lifted her free hand and showed me her device. “Je Eun-nnie said. She told me to go on some more that someone is waiting at the other end.”

“Whoa! You also gained 200 points?” I said, I noticed it in her point’s summary.

Tiffany nodded. “I’ve managed to escape a floor full of rattle snake and burn a bunch of scorpions…”

“OH??” I was surprised. She burned a bunch of scorpions. I think that was harder than the fire ants I’ve encountered. “Are you hurt?”

Tiffany smiled again she didn’t respond.

“Seriously? I have a medicine kit here. I found it along the way.” I said showing the small bag that was hanging around my shoulder. I started to worry.

Tiffany pulled her sleeve up and revealed the part of her arm that was red and swollen. “OMO! You got burned…” I said as I inspect the burn. It was bright red and water started to form inside.

Tiffany pulled her arms away from my touch. She pouted and shook her head. She was anxious. “It hurts…”

“No! We have to treat it! Give me your arm.” I commanded. She shook her head and made a step backward.

“AIYO! Fany-ah! Don’t make this hard for me!” I scolded as I forcefully grab her arm.

“Don’t touch it…”

“I won’t. Here…” I washed her burn using the clear water from the huge puddle. The water was cold and I bet it relaxed her. “Feeling okay??”

Tiffany nodded.

“Ya… Sometimes we have to be careful…” I said as I started to treat her burn. “Ever since we were kids, Taeyeon omma doesn’t like to see us getting hurt… and I bet when she sees you with this, she’ll simply freak out…”

I looked at her while I tap the burn with an ointment. She twitched from the pain. “It’s alright… we’re done.” I said soothingly.

“Thank you… I’ll never know what I’d do without you.”

I flashed a smile towards her. “I don’t know what I’ll do if something happens to you.”

Tiffany laughed. “Awe… you admitted… I’m your weakness. Am I??”

I rolled my eyes. “Stop it!”

“Admit it!”

“Tsk! I say stop it.” I laughed.

“Come on Jessica. You just have to say it directly right now in this beautiful place. It’s perfect.”

I sighed. “What are you? My boyfriend?” I teased.

“I’m not a guy… I’m a girl. Maybe your girlfriend.” She smiled and giggled cheesily.

Fine…My girlfriend I guess? I nodded lightly.

“What? What was that, Sica??” She asked. She was pushing it this time.

I nodded my head and narrowed my eyes. “Yes…” I whispered.

“What? I didn’t hear you… Come again?” She joked.

“Fine… Yes you are.” I said, smiling as I rolled my eyes again.

Tiffany laughed cutely and cuddled me. “I love you! So I’m your girlfriend now after you’ve confessed?”

Was she serious??? I didn’t even confess anything…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Yuri’s POV”

~YoonYul Moments~

Copy+of+snsd-hoot-kwon-yuri_mfbar.jpg

I was running at a phase of how many meters now, I’m being chased by a weird monkey? I don’t know if this is a monkey or orangutan? But it surely has a pink . I ran to a tree and held on to the trunk and finally kicked the creature with full force.

The monkey flew off and bumped its head into another tree trunk and fell unconscious into the ground. Blood flowed from its skull and it was dead. “Hmph!” I grunted.

The monkey had interest in my hair actually, it wants to pull it but then I started running and it ran after me.

*tit tit*

300 points appeared in my device.

Now… where was I? Oh yes, continue my search for my unnies. I wonder where they are.

As I walk towards the trees in this weirdly natured rainforest, I heard a sound of a body of water, something like a waterfall. “Ahhhhhhhhhh!”

I heard a faint sound of a girl’s scream coming from the east of my direction. The scream was so familiar my heart started beating fast.

I ran and followed the sound. I heave the leaves and the branches that blocked my way as I run.

*Psssshhkk!* my face got scratched by a sharp branch. “Deym!” I expressed. But it doesn’t matter.

 

Finally I end up to where I wanted to be. The waterfall…

I touched my face and small amount of blood flowed from my cheek.

“There you are!” A girl said from above a cliff. “Hi!! Yoohooo!” She waved at me.

Above the waterfall there was a cliff, there were three girls standing along the edge. The two girls were both my classmate from different lessons but the moment I saw the third girl, my knees and arms started to weaken.

“Yoona…” I said under my breath. “NO!!” I screamed.

“OH, HERE COMES YOUR GIRLFRIEND, YOONA!” The other girl said teasingly as she poked Yoona in the arm using a thick wooden stick that can be used as weapon.

 “UNNIIEEE!” Yoona screamed she was almost sobbing. She was cornered by the two girls. An inch of movement that Yoona will do, she’ll directly fall down into the water along with the strong current. Yoona couldn’t defend herself because it was two against one and she was armor less.

“ISN’T SHE YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!” The girl told me. “WHY DON’T YOU COME AND SAVE HER?! OR SHOULD WE GO AND GET YOU TOO?”

“Don’t touch her!” Yoona said. “It’s me you wanted, don’t hurt her…”

I badly wanted to go up there but I don’t know how and where, and it’s more than a hundred feet above.

“HOW SWEET…SO THE TWO OF YOU ARE DATING?!” The other girl screamed. “SO IT MEANS… YOU’RE GAY! KWON YURI IS GAY!”

Oh shocks… WHAT?! We’re not totally dating. My body started to weaken and I can’t bear to accept the fact that my loving Yoona is in trouble and here I am standing, watching and waiting for a miracle to happen.

 “YOU’RE SUCH A WASTE KWON YURI. HOW DOES IT FEEL TO WATCH YOUR GIRLFRIEND DIE UNDER YOUR EYES!” She suddenly pushed Yoona over the cliff.

*Eeekkkkk* Yoona shrieked. She held onto the cliff’s edge. “YURRIIIIII UNNIIEEEEE!!!!” She screamed. She was hanging on.

“NOOOO!!”  I shouted. I started to cry and my heart weakened. I didn’t know what to feel anymore. I felt helpless that I couldn’t save her and I’m just standing here watching her hang on to her dear life.

The girl grabbed Yoona’s hand and ready to throw her off the cliff. But Yoona didn’t let go of the girl, she grabbed the girl as well.

“YA!” The girl screamed. She held out to her friend for help who in respond held her and the three of them fell off the cliff together.

That was stupid but brilliant. Seriously…

I quickly ran and jumped over the water. The current was really strong but I managed to swim as fast as I can to the middle of the river. I swim up to the surface to gasp for air and went back down. Usually current is stronger above surface than under. I couldn’t find Yoona from where I was so I went to the side of the river bank and searched in the surface.

Still, there was no sign of her and I went back down into the deep.

As I swim down and turned towards the waterfall, I saw a body with number 12 behind the suit. Her unconscious body slowly glides down and air bubbles appeared out of her nose and mouth. Yoona.

I quickly headed for her and grabbed her. I draped her arm around my neck and held her by the waist. Then I swam towards the surface and finally landed on the ground. 

I quickly lay her down and looked over her features. Her lips turned pale and her face was lifeless. “Yoona???” I said as I shake her and lightly slapped her face. “Oh gosh… Yoona… Pls. don’t…” I flipped my long dripping hair away from my face.

I leaned my ear towards her chest and I couldn’t hear her heart beat. “Shoot…” I started to do CPR. “Come on… Don’t do this to me…” My eyes started to tear up. “1…2..3…”

No respond.

I continued pumping her. “1…2…3…”

No effect.

“Oh god! Last one.” I pinched her nose and opened . Then I pressed my lips against hers and did a mouth to mouth resuscitation.

3 seconds have passed and I’m still blowing in air. But still no respond… 4… 6…Still no respond. But I’m not losing hope. 8…9…

Yoona’s eyes popped open. I immediately broke free from her lips and she started to cough out water.

“OH MY GOSH! YOONA!”

*cough cough* Yoona rolled over to the other side and coughed some more water. The color of her face came back and she turned red.

“Yoona!” I said happily. I was happy and overjoyed to the point I hugged her and ended up lying above her. “You’re alive omo!!” I hugged her again.

In my astonishment Yoona cupped my face and she kissed the tip of my nose like twins we sat right up and both of us looked down and together we brushed our hair behind our ear.

*ehem* “Auh…” I said awkwardly.

“Unnie…” She said as she hugs me and buried her face into my chest.

“You’re okay now… I’m here.” I hugged her tight and untangled her long wet hair. 

*Tit Tit*

500 points appeared in both of our devices.

We were soaking wet and it started to get cold. “We have to dry ourselves…we might get sick…”

Yoona did not respond and just hugged me. “I miss you unnie! I’m so happy to see you!!”

Though I felt awkward but yeah, she’s still my little sister, though I know both of us feels different, our love maybe deeper than sisters, but it doesn’t matter. What’s important is we’re together.

“Yuri! Yoona!” A voice said from somewhere.

“OMO OUR TWINS!!” another voice said.

“Taeyeon omma?? Sunny appa??” Yoona and I said.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*The Battle Ground*

*Sunyeon, OT9*

snsd_hoot_teaser.jpg