LOVE ME AGAIN

LOVE ME AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PEOPLE said that love was one of the elements for long lasting relationship, but it would end when there was no trust and faith between couple. Those elements were so important to build one good relationship, including marriage. Victoria Song Qian, a beautiful woman whom just lost her beloved husband because of her stupid mistake. She married to the son of the owner of Jisan Forest Resort, Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul but lost him on the first night of their marriage. Victoria lost him whom loved her more than anything because the little of trust she had on him. Because she used to be hurt by a man once, she doubted his faith on her. They had been together for two years but only Nichkhun put the efforts in this relationship, but it didn't mean that she didn't love him. She loved him, but she was too ego to admit any of her mistakes and much more to ask for his apology.

     Nichkhun accepted her weaknesses, but Victoria loved his perfect side until she doubted to marry him when he started to show his weak side little by little. He used to be ladies' man before they met and caused Victoria easily to believe when people around talked bad about his past. She loved him, but she didn't know how to appreciate and protect her man. Sometimes she realized that she had hurt his feeling, but Nichkhun was the one who tried to make up between them. Her ego was too high, but he still loved her so much. They had been fought countless time, especially when came to the matter of Kahi, the woman that had been chased his love for long time.

     “He may be love you now but believe me, he will leave you once he finds another woman that is more interesting than you,” Victoria knew that Kahi tried to break them apart, yet she still easily affected by her slanders toward Nichkhun. Yeah, she easily doubted his love because of his past but because of his persistence, they finally got married but it lasted for only few hours.

     “What is this, Khun?! Do you sleep with that last night?!” Victoria angrily threw the phone to the carpeted floor once Nichkhun entered their honeymoon suit. While she waited for him as he wanted to get something for her, she received a picture message from Kahi. Her big eyes widened in surprise and anger watched the picture of both of them laid together in bed with sheet covered their tops. Nichkhun collected the phone and showed similar expression as Victoria once he saw it.

     “Qian, this is not true. I can explain to you,” his voice was so calm until it pissed her off.

     “Did you meet her last night?” she asked without giving him the chance to explain first. Nichkhun whom still in his white tuxedo, lowering his eyes for seconds before nodded his head. That small gesture was enough to hurt her although she hadn't heard his explanation yet. It hurt so much to know that he met Kahi secretly behind her and when she was about to walk away from him, he stopped her by gripping her wrist.

     “Qian, do you trust me?” he asked in shaky voice, but that question nearly caused her to burst into laugh. How could he ask her such way when the proof was in front their eyes. Tears pooled in her eyes but she quickly wiped away because it such a waste to cry for man liked Nichkhun. When they started dating, her colleagues had warned her about Nichkhun that he might return to his old self in the future, but she ignored because the efforts that he had shown to her. Now she regretted for did not believe them.

     “I'm asking you! Do you trust me?!” his voice suddenly rose up while he forced her to face her. This was the first he shouted at her face, which made her blood boiled even more.

     “Why should I when that picture tell me the truth?! People are right about you! Your will never can change into faithful guy. I shouldn't trust you from the beginning,” she shouted in anger while taking few steps away from him.

     “So you will still not believe me if I say that I'm not the person in that picture?” Victoria didn't reply but turned around from looking at his face. That silence was enough for Nichkhun to guess her answer, and he left the room in disappointment. Victoria broke into tears because she didn't believe that Nichkhun cheated on her. He hurt her, but she forget that she had hurt him many times because of her ego. The night that should be the most beautiful night for them had turned into nightmare. They did not only fight because of that fake picture, but Nichkhun involved in accident after left the resort.

     His car skidded on icy slippery road because he drove recklessly, as if he tried to kill himself at that time. Nichkhun experienced severe injuries, especially on his head. Victoria cried all night long as she prayed for her husband to be safe in the surgery room. People always said that we did not know how to appreciate someone until he was about to leave us. They were right. The minute she received the news about Nichkhun, she was overwhelmed by regret. That minute she believed that Nichkhun would never cheat on her, but it was too late. Because she did not trust him, he left her and involved in the accident. It was all her fault! She kept blaming herself even after Nichkhun had safe undergone the surgery. Victoria promised not to hurt him any more but it was too late because Nichkhun had erased her from his life.

     “Who are you?”Nichkhun asked expressionlessly when Victoria cried on his chest after he regained conscious. All people inside there were astonished by his question, especially Victoria. Why he remembered everyone but not her?

     “Khun, what are you talking about? I'm Qian, your wife,” he looked terrified after she told him her identity and started to scream in pain. He pressed his head while screaming, forcing her to leave the room although she did not want to actually. The doctor said that Nichkhun experienced selective amnesia, and it hurt Victoria so much when she was the only person he erased from his mind. When he regained conscious again, he did not remember of her telling him that she was his wife. That was why his family came out with the decision to ask her hid her true identity from Nichkhun until his condition was getting better. Victoria had to agree for Nichkhun's sake and now, she had became a stranger in his life.

 

TWO months had passed since the accident, and Nichkhun returned to work again. In these period, she monitored his condition through her parent-in-laws since he was living with them. Yeah, they were living separately until he regained back his memory little by little. He was not only recovering but also started to return to 'old' Nichkhun. Victoria's step halted the minute her sight caught Nichkhun stepped out from car and didn't realize that tears pooled in her eyes until Krystal nudged her arms. Oh God, she missed him badly but unfortunately, she was only a stranger to him. Although all staff here knew who was she, but his family asked them to keep her identity for Nichkhun's sake. They didn't want him to force himself to remember if he found out that he had a wife.

     “Don't worry. He will naturally remember you when you keep appearing in front him,” Krystal gave the encouragement and honestly, she never stopped praying for it. She had hurt him so much in past and maybe this was the price for all pain that she had caused to him. She stared long at him until Mr.Teer, Nichkhun's Dad suddenly called her to come closer.

     “Khun, Mrs.Lee is going to give birth soon. So Miss Song will become your personal assistant until Mrs.Lee returns to work. Miss Song, please introduce yourself to him,” Mr.Teer exchanged the glances with his daughter-in-law. There was reasons why they hid her identity but tried to keep both of them as close as possible.

     “Hello, Mr.Nichkhun. I'm Victoria Song Qian. Welcome back to resort,” it was very awkward to address her own husband such way, but she had to act natural around him. Nichkhun eyed her from head to toes but with gaze that was totally different from 'her husband'. His lips curled a smile that she used to see in 'old' Nichkhun, which made her nearly breakdown once again.

     “Are you new here? I haven't seen you around before this,”

    “I have worked here for 3 years. Just I'm not outstanding enough to be notice by someone liked Mr.Nichkhun,” she lied as tried to control her shaky voice. He just nodded before Mr.Teer suggested to go inside or they would turned into ice if continue stayed here.

 

“HI,” Victoria startled when Nichkhun suddenly showed up in office pantry, but then stiffened remembering about something. On her first day here as the worker from management department, Nichkhun also showed up in office pantry and tried to woo her. She had to admit how much he willing to change for her but because she lack of trust in him, she returned Nichkhun to his old self. Only if the time could be reversed, she definitely would say how much she loved and trusted him. Victoria only smiled watching he approached her with his dashing smile.

     “Oh, Mr.Nichkhun. I'm going to make a cup of coffee. I can make one for you if you want,” she offered, and he nodded in agree which made smile bloomed on her pink lips. Victoria excitedly reached the cup without realized that her smile just bewitched him for few seconds. Nichkhun really liked the coffee that she made for him and today was her first time to make one after became his wife.

     “Do you really have been working here for 3 years?” Nichkhun still asked because he only remembered meeting her this morning despite working in place for years. There were not so many staffs in management department, but why he didn't remember her face. Victoria distracted by his question until she accidentally spilled some hot water on her hand.

     “Ouch!” that small scream startled Nichkhun until he didn't remember when he dragged her to the sink and put her hand under running water. Victoria almost tearing up after found that her 'Nichkhun' still alive although he didn't remember her.

     “Mr.Nichkhun, are you always being nice to other women like this?” his hand stopped rubbing Victoria's red fingers as he was astonished by that questions. Nice? Yes, he always being kind to other women but only just to flirt around them. He never had been this worry and concern to any woman before this. As he was thinking what was happening to him, suddenly his head hurt while blurring scenes played in his eyes.

     “Argh!” he groaned in pain and turned Victoria into panic.

     “Khun, are you okay?” because of panic, she accidentally addressed by his name which caused his headache getting severe. At that minute, the voice of her calling his name sounded so familiar but he didn't know when he heard it. Before Victoria could hold him, Nichkhun quickly trapped her between him and the counter behind. His eyes went smaller as he studied her face with throbbing pain on his temples.

     “Have we met before? Not in resort but somewhere else,” Victoria speechless over his question. Did he start to remember her? Before she able to give hint, Kahi suddenly appeared and startled both of them. What was she doing here? Kahi quickly helped Nichkhun to stand properly while trying to push her away from her husband.

     “Khun, let's rest in your office,” she said while secretly glanced at Victoria. Nichkhun nodded in agree but before they left, he managed to give her one last look. Victoria wondered how Nichkhun would react after found that Kahi was the reason for them to tear apart, but she should stop pointed her fingers to someone else. She knew from the beginning Kahi's bad intention and should not believe that fake picture. So it was all her fault for not trusting Nichkhun at that night.

 

“DOCTOR, am I really okay? I always have headache since past two weeks but only particular time,” Nichkhun expressed his worry to Dr.Ok whom only looked so calm at that time. He seemed had expected him to have this kind of problem, and Nichkhun told that he always experienced headache when Victoria was by his side. Dr.Ok still calm when Nichkhun said that he also saw blurring scenes for past two weeks.

     “Doctor, is there any problem with me?” this time he sounded impatient. Dr.Ok inhaled deeply as he thought this was the time to tell Nichkhun about his amnesia since he started to show the symptoms of regaining back his lost memories. He had been hiding this fact from Nichkhun because his parents requested to reveal after his health condition improved.

 

VICTORIA stared at the ceiling above absent-mindedly before her sight fell on the empty spot beside her. She supposed to wake up in Nichkhun's embrace, but she had been sleeping alone since the first night of their marriage. Now she was living alone in the bungalow where they supposed to live together. It had been two week she had worked as Nichkhun's personal assistant and almost everyday Kahi went to resort to find Nichkhun. Of course Nichkhun treated her nicely since he remembered her as one of his friends but from Victoria's view, he also flirted around with Kahi. Of course she was jealous and wanted to shout at his face, telling him that she was his wife but that would worsen his health condition if she did so.

     “Pang!!” her body instantly straightened in surprise after heard the sound of slamming door from downstairs. Who was that? Thief? Her body started to shiver in fear because no one had the key to his house, including her family. Then she heard the sound of footsteps, but her body already froze in fear until the door was opened harshly from outside. Victoria couldn't believe to see that person here, but his expression obviously showed that he was here not because of remembering her.

     “Khun,” his name escaped through her parted lips in whisper. Nichkhun marched toward her and in a blink of eyes, he had pinned her against the mattress.

     “Are you really my wife?” Victoria slightly astonished by his question. How did he find out about her identity and this bungalow? Was someone told him about these or did his memories returned slowly? Tears welled in her eyes watching how fierce the face of man above her, but Victoria realized that he was still old Nichkhun.

     “Yes,” that short answer such the big stones that suddenly fell on his shoulders, where he suddenly felt burdened by his status as husband. Nichkhun released her go and shifted away with fingers racked his brown hair. When he met Dr.Ok this morning, he revealed that Nichkhun experienced selective amnesia which he forgot certain events and people in his life. There reason why he felt headache was he was recovering from his amnesia. Nichkhun couldn't believe that his parents asked Dr.Ok to hid this matter from him.

     'Who is Victoria? Who is she in my life?' he shouted madly at his parents after returned home and that time, they showed all the pictures of Victoria and him.

     'She is your wife, Khun,' he wanted to believe that they lied to him, but the picture of Victoria and him during wedding proved that they was being honest.

     'No, impossible! Impossible I'm married to this woma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter