Chapter 1

Without Yesterday, There's No Tomorrow...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Narrator’s POV]

You’re standing in the middle of the park filled with the blooming landscape of the spring season. All that you can see around is happy families and couples hanging around. It’s just that you’re not looking for them, but for someone you’ve been waiting for an hour.

“Huh, he’s going to be late again, I knew it! I’d better go to his house”

As you arrive, you are greeted by a cheery middle-aged woman who is making dinner for her family.

“Oh Genna, are you looking for Dong Woo? He’s in his room, doing whatever it is about his computer that I don’t know. You must stay tonight as I’m going to cook crab stew for dinner. Alright?” You couldn’t help but to accept his mother’s invitation as she always being dear to you.

When you enter his room, you realize what a mess it is. Books, fiction or non-fiction, are everywhere on his bed, cupboard and table. His clothes are in a hump at one corner, you couldn’t even guess which of them are clean. Your eyes then lay on a sight of a tall figure sitting in front of a laptop, concentrating on whatever it is on the screen. You can’t help but to peek at what it is.

*What? He’s forgetting about his date because of WarCraft games?* you couldn’t take it anymore…

“Yah, Shin Dong Woo! What the heck do you think you’re doing? I’ve been waiting for you for an hour!”

But all that he does is shushing you off as he tries to kill a mass of enemies in his games.

Your heart is sizzling with anger inside, but all you could do is clenching your fist and glaring at him for a moment before you go out of his room to help his mother in the kitchen.

[That night…]

“Wow mother, this crab stew is divinely delicious! Thank you…” Shin Woo bows his head towards his mother but she cuts in. “Aigoo, it’s not me who cooked it, it was Genna. She helps me a bunch in the kitchen this evening. Thank you, dear Genna…”

She looks at you with such loving eyes that you can’t help but to smile back. But as you see Shin Woo’s beaming smile, your face immediately turns emotionless. Shin Woo is kind of confused with your expression, but the dinner is too tasty for him to not enjoy, so he continues eating. Whereas for you, you are so upset that your appetite is slowly decreasing and you only eat about half a bowl of rice that night.

After dinner, you help Shin Woo’s mother with the dishes while he goes for the television. From the kitchen, you could hear his rising voice cheering for his favorite soccer team. You could only sigh at that sight.

Probably he could sense that there is something wrong when he suddenly wants to talk to you. You just follow his lead to their front yard without a word.

“Is there anything wrong?” You look at him acting as if he is innocent.

“Come on, Genna. What is it? Have I done anything wrong?”

“Do you remember what day is it?” He calmly answers that it is Friday.

“Do you remember what we usually do during Fridays?” You stress on the word ‘usually’. Slowly, it hits him.

“Omona! Sorry Genna, I was late again for our date. I was not aware of the time when I play the computer games. Sorry, I did the same mistake again.”

“Have you realized that it is the 10th time you missed our date? How many times do I have to wait like a fool at the same spot in the park every Friday evening if you behave like this?”

His smile slowly disappears when he notices the anger in your voice.

“Genna, I’ve said I am sorry. Why are you so emotional about that?” He frowns as he sees some tears flowing from your eyes.

“Genna, sweetie, what is it? Tell me.” He begins to speak in consoling tone.

“Nothing” and you are running away from Shin Woo, leaving him confused with your behavior.

[Genna’s house]

=6 unread messages, 10 missed calls=

*Genna, how are you?*

*Genna dear, are you okay?*

*Genna, can you tell me what is it you want to tell me that day?*

*Sweetie, please reply my message*

*Dear Genna, why wouldn’t you answered my calls?*

*Mi amor, please don’t be like this. ;-(*

You stare at your Xperia for a few moments before you cry again. It has only a few minutes after you arrived home. *Why must he be so caring only when I start to cry?*

As you think of Shin Woo, you take a glance at a piece of typed paper on your study table. It is your offer letter to further study at London. It has been your dream to study in a Western country. But, with your relationship and family problems, you totally forget about it until a few weeks ago. After thinking for a few minutes which feels like a few hours, you’ve decided your path. All that left now is to tell him.

[At the park]

“Really? You’re going to London? Why don’t you tell me earlier?” Shin Woo is shocked when he knows about your decision to study at there. It is clearly shown on his face that he has not expected to hear it from you.

“Then, what about us?” He asks with his teary eyes, you almost change your mind. But no, you have made it clear and solid to go to London.

“I think we still have other priorities in life and that we’re not ready to pursue on this relationship seriously. We still have a lot of time, you see…”

“Do you mean that we should break up?”

You look up to see that he is getting sad. He would shed a drop of tear any time soon.

“No, I’m not saying that we should reconsider our relationship. Everything that we have now is so great and I appreciate it. It’s just that… we probably should pursue what we want in life and get ready for a new beginning in our relationship. I’m going to London so that I could achieve my dream as an engineer, you yourself know about it. Sometimes, we need to put love aside for some more important matters in life.”

“What if after these years, we’re not going to be together again?”

“Then, it depends on our own faith and loyalty. If God is willing to make it happen, it’ll happen.”

“Genna…” He tries to persuade you to not go to London, but you refuse to.

“I love you, so much that making this decision breaks my heart. But I must do this, in order to be a better me for the next time. Forgive me if I have done anything wrong towards you, Shin Woo oppa…”

You are walking away from him while he is frozen on his spot, trying to stop you when you suddenly stop and turn towards him.

As you are moving closer to him, you could see his face becomes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter