Final

3 Languages

Kim Misun woke up on a beautiful sunny morning. She stretched out her arms and looked to her right. A pout formed on her face. Where is he? Henry, he’s usually next to me when I wake up. Where could he have gone? Probably out with the boys, but why so early?

Misun shrugged off the worried feeling from her shoulders and went to freshen up. She showered and brushed her teeth and did her normal skin routine. When she left the bathroom, which took around 30 minutes (she loves to just sit there, for God knows what reason), she felt refreshed. But...Henry still wasn’t there. Instead of worrying, she figured he’ll be back soon. May as well cook breakfast. She put on an apron and fixed herself some pancakes. She ate them and washed the dishes afterwards. Don’t worry. MiSun-ah, Henry’s fine. He’s a big boy....But it won’t hurt to call him and see where he is. She went into the bedroom to get her cell phone. She called and he picked up on the third ring.

“Hi sweetheart, did you sleep well?” Misun smiled as she heard her boyfriend of 3 years’ voice through the phone.

“Yeah, I did. Did you?”

“Mmhmm.”

“Henry, where are you?” his concerned girlfriend asked. He smiled.

“I guess, you didn’t see my note.” Note?

“What note?” she thought out loud. She heard Henry chuckle.

“In the bedroom on the mirror by the door, silly.” She continued to talk to him as she walked to the bedroom.

“You know I can’t pay attention until I wash my face.” They chuckled together. She looked at the full length mirror by their bedroom door, there was a yellow sticky note.

“Ah-ha! Found it!” She read it, a confused look on her face. But it soon turned to a smile.

Good morning my sweet Misun ::) I hope you slept well Today, we’re going to play hide and go seek! So, go to the place where we first met :) There’s a surprise for you there <3

Misun smiled warmly at the note. I wonder what the surprise is. But where was the place we first met.......oh yeah the park, by the big tree. What kind of surprise would be there?

She could feel the butterflies churning in her stomach from the curiosity, dressed in more presentable clothes and she grabbed her keys and headed toward the park in middle of Seoul. She wore a pastel pink dress with a white cardigan for the chills and tan flats. It’s been 6 years since we’ve been back here. Is the tree even here? And as she walked into the entrance of the park, where the tree was supposed to be, she was happy to see that there it was, with someone standing below it. She came closer to the person, and the closer she got. the familiar he looked. He smiled at her and waved. It was Henry’s friend, Kyuhyun, the evil maknae of Super Junior.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” she greeted him. Kyuhyun couldn’t help but giggle as he said, “Ni hao.”. Wait...did he just speak Chinese?

“Kyuhyun, did you forget your Korean by spending too much time in China,” she said as a joke, and in korean. Kyuhyun continued to chuckle, and made a reminder to beat Henry up for making him do this.

“I..uh...have...card...for you, uh, from...Henry,” he said in broken Chinese. He handed her a card, smiling. She took it and opened it. She noticed it was in Chinese. It read:

 

My lovely Misun, do you remember how we first met? You were talking on the phone to your mother in Chinese, walking by this tree, and bumped into little me :) Your coffee fell because of me :(...Sorry. I apologized in Chinese and bought you another one. You know even then, I thought you were beautiful. A beautiful flower that blossomed in my life. Thank you, my flower.

You still haven’t found me yet. The hunt isn’t over! Now go to the place where we went on our first date :) Don’t worry, it’ll be worth it in the end. ^^

Inside the card, was a piece of paper. In Henry’s handwriting, it said: Will..Another place?? What does he have planned? She looked to Kyuhyun for the answer, he smiled.

Sorry, Misun-ah, I promised Henry I wouldn’t say anything,” he said finally in Korean. He gestured to the card, “just follow what it says.” She looked at the card. The place where we went on our first date? The movie theatre..Henry tried to be smooth. She smiled as the memories came back. She turned to Kyuhyun, bowed to him and left. Kyuhyun smiled. Say yes.

 

Misun made it to the movie theatre near her old apartment, where their first date was. Outside the movie theatre was a swarm of girls around one person. Misun thought it was Henry waiting for her, but it was Siwon, the prince of gestures. She walked up to him with a confused but smiling face.

“Siwon, hi. Where’s Henry?” Misun asked. Siwon smiled at her.

“ Hello. Henry, he..uh..ask me to..show you something,” Siwon said in English. Why is everyone speaking different languages today?

“Uh, Siwon? Why are you speaking English? Are you practicing?” she asked in Korean. Siwon continued to smile and opened the door to the movie theatre for her.

“Please,” Siwon said in English, holding the door for her, “Follow me.” Misun hesitantly followed him into the theatre, into one of the theatres. Is he going to show me where Henry is? Siwon escorted her to a seat. When Misun looked around, she saw no one in the seats around her. In fact, there wasn’t a single person in the theatre besides Siwon and her. She turned to Siwon and said, “Siwon, where is everyone?”

“It’s, uh, surprise. Wait here, Henry...asked me..to show you...something,” he slowly said in English, gesturing with his hands to stay put. He walked upstairs, into the projector room and put in the film that Henry told him to put in. Siwon felt proud of Henry for doing so much, but embarrassed for speaking horrible English. He the projector and a message popped up onto the big screen. Misun stared at it, her heart skipping a beat. How adorable. While staring at the message, she saw it was in English. It read:

My muse Misun,

After our first meet, you told me you spoke English. You don’t know how happy I was, I could be comfortable to talk in my native language. It meant so much to me...just like you do now.

Do you remember this place? It took me months to work up the courage to ask you. We sat here in this room watching a horror movie, because I know how much you love them. I tried to be smooth and do the arm over the shoulder trick and comfort you, but since the room was crowded I was too chicken to try, I remember you would make a small comment every few scenes about how it was going so far. Even during a horror movie, you still managed to smile ever so often. Sometimes….you’re sense of humor scares me >.<. But it’s just another thing I love about you. I love everything about you. I love you.

One more place and then you found me!! I swear, this is the last place, so don’t be mad. It’ll be a big surprise..so I hope you’ll like it. Go to the place where I asked you to be my girlfriend :) Please??

 

On the next slide, there was a message, in Henry’s handwriting it said: Will You…

Misun blew the hair in her face. Are you serious? Another place? She sighed in frustration but she continued to smile. Oh Henry, you’re lucky I love you so much. Misun now tried to remember 2 years ago when he asked her to be his girlfriend. It was on a beach...sitting on the shore with our feet in the sand. She smiled. Best day ever. Siwon walked up behind her and put his hand on her shoulder.

“Misun, listen to what it says,” he said in Korean. “You’ll be very happy.” Misun nodded and said goodbye to him. Siwon had the same thought as Kyuhyun. Please say yes..

--

Henry waited patiently, his big heart beating like a million drums. He breathed in deep and continued to wait for his girlfriend. No turning back, Henry. You’ve been waiting a year for this. Don’t get scared. No matter what he thought, his heart thumped hard each breathe as his hands gripped the poster he held in his hands. It became worse when he saw her come to the entrance of the beach. But he looked at her and smiled.

“She looks beautiful as always,” he muttered to himself. He waved in her direction and shouted, “Misun!” She saw and came in his direction, smiling.

“Yah, Henry! You practically made me drive all around Seoul!” she said playfully.

“Sorry, Misun,” he said laughing. “But you found me!” Misun saw the poster in his hands, that he held behind his back.

“What is that, Henry?” she asked. Henry moved it from her view, with an awkward smile.

“It’s a surprise.” Henry quickly gestured to the ocean, smiling.

“Want to re-live when I asked you?” With a smile, Misun nodded. The two, hand-in-hand, to the shore where they put their feet in the water.

Henry felt a pebble hit him in the back of the head. He ignored it.

A few minutes later, another pebble. Then another. Henry turned around, annoyed.

He saw the other Super Junior members, hiding behind an umbrella. They were giggling and telling him to hurry up.

“PPali ppali!” yelled Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk got hit in the head and hid as Misun looked in that direction.

“Did I just hear Eunhyuk’s voice?” Henry shook his head.

“No, it must be a fan playing Super Junior.” Misun nodded. Henry took her hand.

“Misun,” he started. “We played hide and seek today, right?” Misun looked at him, and nodded.

“Well, you wanna know why I used 3 languages?”

“3? You only used two, Chinese and English,” Misun questioned. Henry shook his head, “No, 3, I’m using Korean now silly,” he said with a chuckle.

After they laughed, he continued, “I used English and Chinese because those were the two we spoke to get to where we are now.” He held her hand and breathed deep. This is it.

“And now I use Korean to take the next step,” he said, getting one knee and looking at her widened eyes. “Misun, I love you more than myself. You mean the world to me. I love how you sing in the shower, I love how you call me to wish my luck on my concerts and schedules. You are my everything.”

“So now,” he continued. “I want to know if you would follow me and take the next step,” he said with a smile. He took out the poster and placed it in front of him. It read: Will You Marry Me?

“Kim Misun, my love, my flower, will you marry me? Be mine forever?” Henry opened the velvet box he’s been thinking about for a year. It held a light purple gemstone with a gold bang. Misun had tears rolling down her eyes. Super Junior came from behind the umbrella holding their own poster:

Please Say Yes Misun!

She looked at Henry, who tried not to shake from his nerves. She couldn’t nod her head fast enough.

“Yes, Yes a million times yes!” Henry grinned ear to ear and put the ring on her ring finger.  He picked her up and twirled her and finally kissing her. Misun and Henry couldn’t be happier....and it was the best game of hide and seek ever.

A/N: Soo...how is it?? I don't know why I'm up late...I have school soon. I guess it's because, Heechul just got discharged :D haven't stopped smiling since this morning. So i thought I post this up since Henry is apart of SJ and my favorite from SJM. So..tell me what you think and check out my other story! Thanks!