Care

The Contract Between Frenemies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris then felt a hand that grabbed him, pulling him into the surface of water. When he reached it, he coughed numerous times. Looking at the one who was dragging him onto the side of the pool, he saw Suzy's face.

Then, he felt other hands pulling him up to the side of the pool. They were Luhan's and Jiyeon's. As soon as his body was lifted up, he coughed again, trying to get the water off his lungs.

“Are you okay?” Jiyeon who was patting his back, asked him.

Kris coughed and then nodded. The next thing he knew was that a hand landed on his face. He touched his cheek and slowly he felt the pain. He glared at the owner of the hand, Suzy. Suzy's hair dripped with water and her clothes were thinned by wetness.

“Is slapping me your way of thanking?” he shouted at Suzy but the girl just glared back at him.

“What did you just do?!”

“I saved your life!” Kris scolded her.

“It's me who saved yours!”

Jiyeon, Luhan and the girls who bullied Suzy could do nothing but stare at the two as they exchanged yells time after time.

“We both know that you don't know how to swim!” Suzy yelled again, her cheeks getting red.

“I'm sorry okay! I'm sorry if I tend to forget that I don't know how to swim the moment I see you in danger!”

He saw how Suzy raised her hand again but instead of landing on his cheek, it was a punch on the arm.

“Do you think I won't feel the same way if you're the one who's in danger?!”

Kris was speechless how Suzy was so furious at the incident. And like him, everyone was quiet. Suzy then, glared at the girls who bullied her.

“Look at what you did!” she yelled making the girls slightly step back. “Are you just going to stand there?! You're his fans right, call the nurse or anything to help him!”

The girls forgot all about what they did as they scattered to find the nurse. Suzy then stood up, and with a final look at Kris, she walked away. The three had no response at first, then, Luhan ran towards Suzy.

“Suzy! You're still dripping wet!” he said as he made her turn. His face softened when he noticed that Suzy's eyes were glistening.

“Were you crying?” he asked softly. Suzy shook her head hardly and said,

“Why would I cry for that annoying guy?” she said as she looked down.

Luhan smiled a little then said, “You should change your clothes. I have spare.”

Suzy shook her head. “Kris needs it more. Give it to him.”

“Then how about you?”

“I'll just go home now.”

“But your parents would worry if they'll see you like that.”

“They're not at home. They are at a business meeting abroad.”

“Then, maybe Jiyeon-”

“She had PE today. I'm sure she already wore her spare clothes.” she then smiled, “The more you talk to me, the more you hold me back. And I need to go home now if you want me to change.”

Luhan looked at her with concern, but Suzy just smiled at him.

“I'll be fine. Just go to Kris. He's the one who almost died, not me.” she said as she made Luhan turn. She then, gave him a light push, a gesture for him to walk back. Luhan with a final glance and a final sigh, took off the jacket he was wearing.

"Then, at least, wear this." he said as he gave it to Suzy.

Suzy smiled and took it, before saying. "Go on. I'll be fine."

Luhan patted her head and whispered, "Take care" before he finally ran back to Kris.

Kris woke up inside the infirmary room, wearing Luhan's PE clothes. Jiyeon then was beside him.

“Do you feel okay now?” she asked.

Kris chuckled. “I just slept. The nurse told me to take a rest. Were you here for long?”

Jiyeon shook her head. “Ani. I just went here after class ended.”

Kris then looked at the clock. “It's about to turn six. People have went home already, you should too.”

Jiyeon smiled. “I just waited for you to wake up. Luhan is here too but he just went out for a while.”

Kris nodded. He hesitated but still asked, “And Suzy?”

“She went home.”

“Tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter