Final

Stole Your Heart

Life is hard. You have to be strong if you want to protect people you love. In order for Suzy's sisters get a good education and for her mother's a medical treatment, Suzy have to work hard. Suzy exited college since her mother is sick, because her mother savings was not enough if she continue her studies. Now, her current job is a pickpocket. At first she's doesn't want to do this kind of job, but this job is the fastest way to earn money for her mother's medical checkup every week and better than selling herself. Every day she steals wallets and purses with Min. Sometimes she felt guilty, but her family need to survive so she ignored the consequences and every hard feeling that bothered her.

This morning Suzy prepared breakfast for her sisters and made some porridge for her mother like usual. Suzy walked to her mother bedroom. She knocked and opened the door quietly. Suzy's mother was awake. Suzy smiled and entered her mother room. She put the porridge and tea on her bedside table. 

"How are you mom?" Suzy patted her mother arm.

"You don't have to worry about me honey, now wake your sister up. I can eat my breakfast all by myself, honey." Suzy mother held Suzy's hand and gave it a light squeeze. 

Suzy went out from her mother room. She went to her sisters' room and knocked the door but there's no answer. She knocked harder and she heard a girly voices groaning means her sisters were awake. 5 minutes later, Sunmi and Sunkyung finally got out from their room. They are twins but their personality is totally different, Sunmi is bubbly and cute while Sunkyung is the calmer version of Sunmi.

"Suzy unnie... Are you going to work again today?" Sunmi asked Suzy. They sat on the dining chair.

"Of course Sunmi-ah. Here’s your breakfast." Suzy placed their pancakes and milks on the tables.

"But It's weekend unnie, you always work every day. Can't you take a rest? Just tell your boss you are not healthy." Sunmi pouted and drank her milk greedily. "I really wanna play with you unnie, let's go to the park together!" Sunmi continued talking while stuffing a spoonful of pancake into her petite mouth.

"I'm sorry I can't, I really need to work." Suzy pinched Sunmi cheeks playfully.

"If unnie told her boss she's sick she would be lying Sunmi, our unnie is never sick." Sunkyung answered in her usual calm tone.

"You're right Sunkyung. Unnie's body immune system is unbelievable." Sunmi nodded and stared at suspiciously at Suzy.

"Don't speak when you eat Sunmi, Sunkyung. You're gonna choke." She caressed both of her sister heads.

"Yes unnie..." They answered. "Min unni is waiting for me outside, I'm off to work. I'll be home at 6, don't let stranger get in the house, remember give mom her medicine after lunch and watch over mom okay?"

"It's okay Unni. We are a middle highschooler not children." Sunkyung convinced her. Suzy just smiled at her sisters and took her bag. She went out from her little apartment and walked to the street. 

Her family didn’t know that she work as a pickpocket, they thought she worked as an ordinary waitress at a cafe. She walked downstairs and met Min her partner. Min is Suzy bestfriend, she taught Suzy how to steal wallet and purse professionally. There are many methods they often use but the most effective one is seduction, crowd, and distraction. First is seduction, they pretended to be drunk and touch an unsuspecting man affectionately, when the man distracted they took his watch or wallet in a flash. Second is crowd, they go to a crowded place, they simply took the wallet and disappeared into the crowd. The last one is distraction, Min will distract the victim and Suzy will do the job.

 

(Suzy's P.O.V)

Today we will operate near a bus station. Min told me to keep an eye to a skinny middle-aged man. I walked to a small coffee shop and ordered a coffee, when the man stood up. I took my coffee and followed him. I still remembered that he put his wallet on his left pocket. There are only few people in the street. Min walked to that skinny man direction, she 'accidentally' stumbled and fell down. The man was spontaneously bend down to help Min. I approached him and smoothly took his wallet. After helping Min the man continued walking and entered a nearby shop. Min winked at me and mouthed "Meet me at our usual cafe to divide the money."

I made an 'okay' sign with my hand. I walked casually to the bus stop and took the bus with another people at the bus stop. The bus I rode was full so I have to stand. I put the stolen wallet into my bag. Today mission was success, now I need to meet Min at-

"I saw you..." I felt a warm puff of breath near my ears when a man whispered to me. His voice is deep and husky.

"Saw me? What do you mean?” I pretended to be calm and looked straight to the window. 

"Don't play dumb with me pretty little thief... I watched your every step from the coffee shop." He chuckled. My body felt tense, I turned my head and saw him. His hair was naturally tousled, a deep-set of piercing brown eyes and an arrogant smirk decorating his full lips.

I just ignored him. I pretend I didn't hear him.

"Pretty. Little. Thief." He emphasized every word. "Why such a pretty face involved in a job like this? Even pretty would be an understatement for you." He talked again. His voice was giving me chills.

"Now what? You're going to report me to the police? You don't have any proof." I challenged him.

"Maybe. I just need something from you dollface." He lifted one of his eyebrow teasingly.

"What?" I asked.

"I want your phone number." He replied casually. "And you should stop being a thief. A girl like you shouldn't do this kind of job. Your face doesn't suit as a thief." He shrugged.

When he finished said that bus stopped at the next bus stop. I immediately exited the bus without looking back at that handsome jerk. I sighed and walked to the cafe Min told me. This is the first time I have been caught. That jerk is quite good looking though.

"That's rude. I want your phone number. Where are you going?" That annoying man suddenly appeared beside me and nudged my shoulder.

"Y-you? H-how?" I stared at him and slapped his hand lightly.

"I simply followed you out of the bus pretty little thief... Where are you going? Are you going to meet your partner in crime? That short girl who fell before?" He put his hands in his pocket.

"That's none of your business. Why are you keep following me?" She replied firmly.

"Because I'm interested in you."

"And why me?" I blushed and covered my face with my palm. Nobody ever told me they interested in me.

"Because you're very interesting pretty little thief." He smirked arrogantly.

"I'm not little. I'm tall!" I defended my self. 

"You are still shorter than me. You know... Your distraction technique is quite good. You took the wallet when the man was helping your partner, that man would be completely distracted just for more less 3 seconds. You’re quite fast for a girl.” He nodded.

“Who are you? A cop? Detective?” I chuckled bitterly.

"You really didn't remember?" He asked me. His full lips was forming a sad smile.

"Have we met before? Do I know you?" I just realized that seemed somehow familiar.

He shook her head. “A famous crime and mystery novel writer in Seoul, Kim Jongin but my friends call me Kai. I have an outstanding observation skill and I only observe things that caught my interest. So, to make it simple; I’m just a y, cute and charming best-selling mystery novel author who interested in you and your phone number.” He grinned.

“y, cute and charming? That’s didn’t simplify things.” I slapped my own forehead and quietly laughed.

"I love your laugh." He smiled warmly.

My heartbeat increased. "S-shut up.." My face must be blushed again.

He looked at his watch. "I need to go pretty little thief. Here’s your phone, I’m sorry to stole but that’s your fault for being distracted by me. But thank's for being distracted so I could get your phone and find out your number by myself. See you later~” He handed me my own phone.

I stared at my phone on my hand. “How did you-“ When I lifted my face to confront him he was gone.

That man stole my phone. I am a thief and he is a writer but he stole my phone. It's my fault too for letting my guard down. I arrived at the cafe. I saw Min waved at me at the small cafe. I walked into the cafe and sat beside Min. I gave her the wallet so she could divide the money in it. My thought was still occupied by that mysterious man, a crime novel's author? A mysterious crime novel's author with a y smirk and intimidating husky voice. When Min finished, I told Min about him. She just laughed and commented about how romantic my encounter with him sounds for Min. We even forgot to continue steal wallets because we talked about this mysterious man.

It's 17:30 pm. I need to go home to make dinner now. I went home by walking because the bus was full and my home was not that far from the cafe. I wonder how did he took my phone? I'm a thief whose phone stolen by an ordinary writer. His arrogant smirk still plastered in my head. Why he got to be so handsome and annoying at same time? That stupid handsome jerk. Get out of my head! I rubbed my forehead and inhale deeply hoping that I could stop thinking about him. My phone vibrated.

 

From : Kai

Today I stole your phone. Next time we meet, I'm going after your heart and if I succeed stealing it, I'm never gonna give it back. Watch out <3

 

Pffft.... He going to steal my heart? That's way too cheesy. I will erase that arrogance smirk from his pretty face if I meet him again.

I finally arrived at my home. I knocked the door. Sunkyung opened the door. "Unnie your boss is here." She wriggled her eyebrows and smiled a little.

"What the?" I don't work for anyone. "I told you to not let stranger enter the house, right?"

Sunkyung shrugged "But he seems nice and Sunmi said he's too handsome to be bad person." 

"Who? My boss? I don't ha-" When I entered the living-room, there he is. Kai sat on couch comfortably while talking with Sunmi.

Sunmi laughed at his jokes. When he looked at me his lips instantly formed into his usual annoying smirk. "Hi Suzy." His voice still sounded deep and husky.

"Oh you. Can I talk to you for a second Kim Jongin-shi?" How did he even found my house? Were he stalked me?

He stood up and spoke. "Actually I need to go now, you'll start working as my assistant from tomorrow. I'll pick you up at 10 in the morning." He dusted his clothes. "See you later pretty little thief." He whispered the ‘thief’ part when he passed me,  so only two of us could hear his voice. He bowed politely to my sisters then he went out the apartment and Sunkyung closed the door. 

I'm his assistant? Tomorrow?

 

 

 

(Kai's P.O.V)

This morning I met my high-school crush, my muse Bae Suzy. She's a junior when I'm on my senior year. Thanks to her my hobbies of writing increased. I always pictured her as the cool problem-solver protagonist in many scenarios of my stories. I bet she already forgot about me because I never really introduced myself to her. I'm not really famous in my high school, all girls still thought I'm hot though and that's because I matched the stereotype of 'tall, dark and handsome' category. I spend my high school days as a loner and I write whenever I had spare time. I graduated and never saw her again. When I entered college I met Exo. They helped me to write better from their crazy ideas and they even taught me how to flirt, so I'm more confident now. 

Suzy showed up at my favorite coffee shop when I enjoyed my daily dose of cappucino. I immediately recognized her and I watched her from afar. I rose up from my seat and walked closer to her place. I rehearsed about thing I will say to her...

Hi Suzy remember me? Can I get your phone number? That's too simple.

Or should I say Hi Suzy would you have a lunch with me? Would that sound suspicious?

When I finally got closer, she stood up and followed a man. I automatically followed her too. Then I saw it, she stole that man wallet. So, in the reality Suzy was not the protagonist I created in my head, she's a pickpocket, a thief. Suddenly many ideas flowed into my head. This is the effect she had for me, she gave many ideas and made my mind up with many possibilities for the story I worked on. I decided to follow her and asked her number. Because she's too stubborn I just take her phone when she busy arguing with me. I asked Chanyeol to track where she lived now and she still live in her old home. I used to follow Suzy went to her home in the past. I visited her home. I found out about her mother condition and her sisters. So, that's why she became pickpocket...

My pretty little thief.... I've lost her once, now I found her again I’m gonna keep her for myself.

I'm not gonna let her go this time... I'm going to steal her heart like she stole mine.

 

 


 

Thanks for reading everyone. Maybe I'm not the best writer yet but If you're interested to request oneshot from me, you could go to ~Lady AeJ's Request Agency~

#Leave a comment please, I need feedback ;)