PUPPY LOVE

PUPPY LOVE

Seoul, March 11 2012.....

If there is one thing in this world that Kris Wu hate, it is to wake up. He love sleep, especially if his body is really tired and he wrapped in his comfortable dragon blanket. He will sleep like a death person. It’s his habit that sometimes invite lots of comments from his bestfriends.

“ Wu Fan is a dead person when it’s come to sleep. And the day I have this duty to waking up, I give up in a mere second. Because I know, my effort and energy is going to waste.” Luhan, Kris’s friend from his Social Politics class said.

“ What? Waking up Wu Fan?.... No way!! I told you no way... You see,, though I’ve been his friends for maybe the rest of our lifes, I still and couldn’t tolerate his sleep to death thing. It’s annoying.” Said Yi Xing, Wu Fan childhood and bestest friend.

“ Ehm, I’ve been trying it once and I give up at the first attempt.” A statement comes from Wu Fan cousin, Zi Tao.

And that’s just half from every comments about Kris’s sleeping habit. But the latter didn’t seem mind a bit about that. And so, Kris always continue his habit no matter what and when.

 

But tonight, he didn’t get his beauty sleep well. While in the middle of swimming in the dreaming land, his phone starts ringing loudly, loud enough to make him wake up. With his usual moody face, he wake up from his bed and grabbed his Iphone from the nightstand. The flashing screen shows a name that he knows too well, really well until he wonder why the certain man called him in the middle of the night like this. He slid the green sign and answer the call.

          “ Yoboseyo.” He wait for the other line to answer, hoping to hear the voice he familiar with. A minute and there’s nothing. No voices to greet him back. This makes Kris goes suspicious. A certain man named Park Chanyeol wouldn’t dare to put a prank on him at nighttime like this. Nope, his boyfriend knows to well that he would prefer to hibernate than doing anything.

          “ Chanyeol-ah, are you there?” he asked. His drowsiness goes away, replaced by worriness.  A faint whisper were heard a second later. It’s followed by a small sob. Kris sharpness of hearing immediately caught that small sob and goes panic in an instant.

          “ Yeol-ah, are you there? Tell me what’s happened!” he sure his voice could make Yi Xing who sleep in the next room wakes up but did he care? For this time, the answer is no. What he care the most is his crying boyfriend on the other line.

          “ H....Hyung... Krriiss hyung.” A heartbreaking voice called his name. Kris heart got squeezed hard and painfully by Chanyeol’s sobs. He need to know why his boyfriend that always smiley everywhere and anywhere suddenly crying.

There’s a voice that indicates Chanyeol try to wipe his tears and control his own voice to not to be so shakey. Kris fiddle with the small cellular charm he shared with his happy virus. He keep waiting, though he couldn’t contain his feeling right now.

          “ Hyung,” a desperate whine comes from Chanyeol, “ Please come here. I’m scared. Like really scared.” Chanyeol didn’t have to say it, Kris already dressed up in his black hoodie and some training pants he found. He grabbed his wallet and write a little note to Yi Xing, so his roommate not go panic when he found no one on his room tomorrow morning. He step out from his dorm carefully and go to the other side of the building. He walked, more like a running, and finally made to the place Chanyeol’s been. It’s the west dorm, a place for student for Music and Art major. He called Chanyeol to tell that he’s already in front of the dorm. The latter still crying, but made it to say that he will be down in a few minutes. Kris keep wondering of what kind of things that move Chanyeol in tears. For two years they’ve been dating, Kris never see Chanyeol, the happy go lucky person cried. Not when both of them fight, not when his bestfriend, Baekhyun goes into the hospital for some accident, not when he got expelled from the Drama club just because he made some little improvement and the rest of the guys couldn’t approve it. Or not when his parents definitely didn’t accept that Chanyeol is gay and dating a chinese man, which is him. The last event is a bit hard to remember, nevertheless Chanyeol keep those smiling faces and act like nothing happened.

He blow a little air to his hands, it’s a cold night and he only wear a thin hoodie. He glancing at the door of the dorm, it suddenly opened. Revealing Chanyeol, with a puffy red eyes and a tear stain on his cheeks. Once Chanyeol see his boyfriend is standing in front of him, he couldn’t control himself and run to Kris. Kris feels his hoodie goes wet, a sign that the youngest is crying again. His hands made its way to Chanyeol’s back, rub softly to calm him down. The latter just keep sobbing and sobbing, a sight that Kris didn’t want to see or even hear those sobs. It’s break his heart and to know he knows nothing of the reason why, it almost frustated him. After the sobbing turn into a hiccup and it’s getting smaller, Kris brace himself to ask Chanyeol.

          “ So,, care to tell me what’s happened?” He erase the tears that still falling down from Yeol’s eyes.

          “ It’s about Ren.” Ren is the name of the little puppy that he and Kris bought as a anniversary gift a few days ago. Because Kris is not always on his dorm, due to the so many activities he have after class, so the job to take care the black and white puppy goes to Chanyeol. Of course, Chanyeol is nothing but happy to take care the puppy. Day and night, he pours his attention to Ren, and with the thought that Ren is his gift from Kris for their relationship, it’s just make him more happy.

Kris waiting for him to explain what had happened to Ren. It must be something bad, cause Chanyeol keep mentioned Ren name between the gasp of his breath. He helped the youngest one to calm down with pat his head lovingly, the auburn locks felt so soft between his fingers. Chanyeol sniffed and erase his tears with the back of his shirt.

          “ He’s in my room... I didn’t know that I left him in my bed this morning, so... So when I came back from class today, I... I..” Chanyeol’s shoulders shake again. Kris embraced him again and muffled the sobs. Really, if other people who didn’t know anything about them saw this scene, then they must be think that him and Chanyeol were caught in lover’s quarell. Kris wants to chuckle for this thoughts, yet he decide to keep it down. He still curious ‘bout Ren and the last thing he need is Chanyeol claimed he’s not the serious thing here.

There’s a muffled sound comes from his hoodie, Chanyeol tried to say something. He caught a word like ‘falling down’, ‘ neck’ and ‘ couldn’t eat’. His clever brain tried to digest this words, and comes to one conclusion, their precious Ren puppy had falling down from Chanyeol’s bed, cause him to strain his neck and made Ren couldn’t eat properly. He didn’t need to ask Yeol if it’s true or not, judging from the latter act and his desperate  way of calling Ren’s name, Kris knows what he thought is true. He tighten the hold of his lovers and caress his head more.

Chanyeol immediately recognize the way Kris holds him, it means only one thing. He already knows. Maybe because of frustation or his emotional side act up, he cried even more, a bad thought comes to his mind in slow speed. What if Kris got angry with him? Worse, he would think Chanyeol is not capable enough to even take care of a puppy, maybe he couldn’t take care of himself. All of that could only leads to one thing, a break up. Yeah, it’s definitely his emotional side who act up.

          “ Yeol-ah, care to show me Ren for now?” Kris whispered softly. Chanyeol wants to shake his head, but his inner part told him that Kris, his boyfriend needs and should know about Ren condition now. He guide Kris to go to his room at the fifth floor. Lucky for Chanyeol, he didn’t have to share a room with someone. So, it’s okay for him to enter his room in anytime he wants. When Kris step inside the room, he caught a defeaning silence around. Usually, if Kris comes in, Ren will stood outside the kitchen door, not very far from the door itself. He thinks it’s a greeting, a special one from Ren. Today, it didn’t happen though. The room is empty. Chanyeol took his hands and take him to his own room. In his boyfriend’s room, he could see Ren were laying down in the middle of the bed. There are a few blankets that surround him, later when he ask, Chanyeol said it’s for warming him up. Ren’s body had been a bit cold and Chanyeol thought he need a blanket to warm up. Kris approach the little black and white puppy slowly, when he close enough, he could see the little head coming out from the blankets.

Ren is sleeping, that’s the first thought that comes up to his mind. But, there’s something in him that Kris’s afraid of. His breaths comes a little bit shallow and he can hear small whimpering from the puppy. Kris take a seat beside Ren, use his index finger to caress the strained neck. Chanyeol starts crying again, the small puppy is his world right now but he act careless, and now Ren barely open his eyes. There is only one thing that comes to Kris mind now, Ren must be save and healthy again. He take the bundle of blanket which have Ren in it and move in swift motion to the door.

          “ Hyung, what are you doing?” Chanyeol’s wipe his overflow tears and  unconsciously move to block Kris in the doorway. In his overly innocent mind, he thought Kris will take this time to throw Ren away.

          “ What do you think I will doing, Yeol? I will take Ren to the vet doctor.”  He said strictly. Unconciously, Chanyeol move fast from the spot he’d been standing and turn around to grab his thick jacket and car keys. Kris held the weak Ren close to his chest, feeling the shivering gone for a bit. He follow Yeol close behind, walking through every corridor and go downstairs to the lobby. He grabbed the car keys dangling from Yeol’s hand, taking a conclusion that between them, his boyfriend is the emotional one in here. And with Yeol’s current emotion, Kris think he couldn’t drive good enough. Immediately understand what Kris meant, Chanyeol take Ren from the latter embrace and enter the passenger seat fast.

Kris drove in silent, the tension between them is too thick. He couldn’t say any word and from corner of his eyes, he could see Chanyeol is too busy too hold Ren, to make sure that the sick animal got the best warm. The latter still have this red brim eyes and a tired face. Honestly Kris couldn’t handle the sight of his Chanyeol like that, the younger always show some happy face and a big wide grin. To show a sad face like this, Kris knows it’s not Chanyeol’s.

                                      *******************

 

Kim Joonmyun is one of the vet doctor that provide 24 hours service for any kind of animal’s diseases. He is well-known for his calm appereance, inside and outside. Also an angelic smile that could make any kind of pet goes tame with him. He usually handle his patients with patience, saying that to handle an animal is not same like handle a human. It takes time and lots of love. Though sometimes his assistant, Oh Sehun, said he’s too slow, Joonmyun or he preferably called Suho didnt mind.

But that night, when two young teenagers coming to his office, one with a calm yet angry face and the other with stained tears face while holding a bunch of blanket, Dr. Kim Joonmyun immediately have a feeling that this is a serious business.

Sehun give a cup of hot coffee to Kris and hot chamomile tea for Chanyeol. Both of them currently waiting in front of the medical room, where Ren is having her medical examination by the doctor. Kris give a slight smile, feeling his smile is not good enough when Sehun return it with a wide grin. He gave the tea to Chanyeol but the latter refuse to drink it. This behavior makes Kris sigh deeply, Chanyeol could be so stubborn if he wants to.

“At least drink it for a bit.” He used his strict tone. Chanyeol whimpered slightly because of that. He didn’t like if Kris using his strict tone to him, his boyfriend appereance is already cold, he didn’t have to add the strict tone. Kris realize he’d made Chanyeol terrified, so he hugged him and caress the latter hair.

“ I’m sorry... I didn’t mean to talk like that. I’m just worry.” He feels the blonde nodded on his apologize.

“ I’m still so scared, hyung.”

“ Everything’s gonna be alright. Ren is the strong one.” Chanyeol nodded again. Kris huffed and continously the auburn hair softly.

                                      ***************

ONE HOUR LATER .......

          The door of Dr. Joonmyeon opened softly and a mop of hair followed by a diligent voice.

“ Park Chanyeol and Kris Wu. “ Joonmyeon called both of them. The couple then move fast to enter Joonmyeon’s office. The smiley face of Joonmyeon and Sehun ‘cause Kris hearts goes wild for some reason. He held Chanyeols’s hands and apparently the latter also doing the same things. Joonmyeon give a signal to his assistant. Sehun then move forward, Ren wrapped in a white blanket on his embrace.

Chanyeol takes Ren and craddled on his embrace, the black and white puppy sleeps soundless but he could see that Ren had over the discomfort he felt before. Seems ridiculous but he felt like a proud parent. Meanwhile, Kris is busy taking care the bills and also the medicine Sehun gave him.

“Just remember to never put him on bed and leave him alone again.” With an embarrassed smile, Chanyeol nodded. The sight is so cute that Kris just has this urge to ruffle his boyfriend hair. Both of them said thanks to Dr Joonmyeon and his assistant before going back to Chanyeol’s dorm.

                             ***********************

Two weeks later…

The lift is going up ever so slowly based on Kris’s opinion. His head had been too suffocated by the middle year exam and also third year end project, and all he need right now is sleep and a little cuddling session with his boyfriend. Speaking of Chanyeol, he feels so much sorry for him. After they went back from the veterinarian and treated Ren, he doesn’t have any time to console his boyfriend again. For he suddenly remember about his quiz that will be held on the same day, much to his disappointment. Apparently, after the quiz, there was the exam and the school project. All of it pointed him as the leader, so yeah, he couldn’t reject it.

Ding! The lift is finally arrived at the fifth floor at the second year dormitory. He put his feet outside and walked two doors down before turn to his right and meets with a white door of Chanyeol’s dorm. He knocked the door and sharpening his ear to hear any movement from the inside.

There’s a sound of light steps and a shout of “Wait a minute.”

The first thing he saw when the door is opened is a fur of black and white jumping up and down at his feet, and big bugged eyes welcomed him with glee. Kris couldn’t stop the smile to grace over his tired face, “Hi Ren.”

Ren barked happily, the energetic puppy still jumping up and down on Kris’s feet. Kris bends down his body and lifted the small puppy and Eskimo kiss him on his tiny button nose.

“How you doing? Your neck is okay?” he checked the neck where his muscle got twisted. He felt under the soft fur that the neck is okay and Ren keep tossing his head right and left. Kris felt funny, but maybe it’s a sign Ren wants to show him that he’s okay.

“Hi hyung.” A deep bass voice and a tall lanky body come to his vision. In an instant, Kris put Ren on the floor and embraced the one he’s been missing all this time. He throws his arms on Chanyeol’s waists and feels the body heat he craving. He sniffs the light musk perfume Chanyeol’s wore and feeling all his tiredness, headache, and dizziness gone away.

“I’m sorry” Kris said honestly. But that’s enough to makes a wrinkle on Chanyeol’s forehead. Chanyeol let go the embrace and look closely at Kris’s face. Two weeks didn’t meet with each other and why so suddenly his older boyfriend apologizing? There’s something in here that he didn’t quite catch.

“For what, hyung?”

Kris heaved a sigh; hands still didn’t leave Chanyeol’s waists, “Well for not being there with you to take care Ren.” A blinding white wide smile is the one he got as an answer.

Chanyeol reached up to smooth down tired wrinkles on his forehead, “It’s alright. Ren and I been doing fine. The most important thing is that night.”

“You immediately came and being with me all the time even though you have a quiz in the morning.”

“It’s still didn’t erase the uneasiness I felt.”

“Then don’t over thinking it. The present is more important. Isn’t that what you always said to me?” With a light brush of Chanyeol’s hands on his face, Kris regaining his energy back and also his mind. He nodded, too tired to argue with Chanyeol. He follows the younger one to the kitchen and watching the latter prepared his dinner.

“ Oh by the way hyung. Would you  mind to take Ren to the park? He’s been trapped in here for two weeks. I think he need a fresh air.” Kris groaned, there goes his cuddling session with his beloved boyfriend.

 

A/N : Woaaahhh~~~ when I see the subscriber and view lists suddenly I feel a bit….. nervous…. I hope you guys enjoy this story as much as I do… This actually the very first story of KrisYeol that I made…. And after arguing much with my ownself, I decide to upload it (though there’s so many wrong grammar, I guess)…

a/n : Accchhhh~~~ what to do???... My confidence level is under the limit when I read this story once again… I just feel so shy~~~~…. *hides* Btw, give me your opinion or comment okay???.... Thanks for all of you who have read, subscribe and comments… *eye smile*….