Byun Baekhyun

Beautiful Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

one ; Byun baekhyun 

Being a University student is hard. Paper works are given in one go and you have a week to finish them all. Why professors do love us to suffer? They keep on saying it’s for our future. Same old phrases from parents and teachers. I have to endure this.

Sometimes, I do wonder… Is there anything else out there besides from studying? Since then, I'm always staying at school then go home after. There isn't much to do after classes and now that I entered a University, I can say that all my sleepless nights were paid off.

I miss my big brother. He’s working overseas now and he’s the only person I spend most of my time with. We always go out every time I get high grades. I sighed, feeling sad all over again remembering all the happy days I spent with him.

My parents, on the other hand were living away from me. Since I'm in the city, I'm just living in an apartment nearby. Every weekend they visit me thought and I feel very happy.

While walking along the quiet street near my apartment building, I decided to stop by a café shop nearby.

This café shop is really hidden only few customers are coming but their coffee is like one of the best. This is one of the place I usually goes at. I could still remember the first time I went here. I know at smiled at someone, but I don't really remember why and who was that person. It was strange since I don’t really smile at a random person.

I enter in and the sound of the bell by the door is the first thing I heard before the soft K-indie music playing inside the café shop. It's very soothing and it perfectly fits the peaceful ambiance of the place.

The aroma of the coffee is making me crave for it.

At the counter, the barista smiles warmly at me. “What can I do for the lovely lady tonight?” I blush before scanning their menu board. Their drinks were written in different colors of chalks and it’s really hard to choose since they have so many hot and cold drinks that I wanted to try. I want to have Americano but at the same time, frappe as well.

“I’ll just have Mocha Frappe.” I finally made a decision.

“Name?”

I lean in a little closer, “Byun.”

He gladly smiled back and turned around to make my order while I stand behind the counter. I looked around the place. Yellow with a shade of orange lights were hanging by the ceiling, polished wooden tables and chairs, small vase of cute little flowers were on top of it and there’s a small rack at the middle where books, newspapers and magazine can be borrowed as you drink your coffee or eat a slice of cake.

There are only few people around maybe because it's already late at night. The guy who is wearing a clean suit is sitting at the far back reading a newspaper and a cup of espresso and the other one is seating near the window.

I frowned. Strangely, he caught my attention in a very magical way. He's looking far away and a cup of Frappe is in front of him. His fingertips are touching the cold drink as he wanders outside. He’s wearing a ball cap and earphones were just lying around his neck.

He’s too far, I can’t even see his face but he totally caught my interest.

“Byun-ssi?” the worker called the name I told him.

The guy turns his head to my direction when he called the name Byun. I got startled and instantly took my Mocha Frappe and dashed out of the café shop. It’s so embarrassing using my dog’s name when it’s a surname for most of the Koreans.

I walk pass by the windows where the guy is sitting with my head lowered down in shame. I can’t believe this. I have a feeling that his last name is Byun.

 

-----------

 

After classes at the University, I went straight to that café shop again. I don’t why but I'm addicted to their Mocha Frappe. It’s so creamy and you can totally taste the milk, chocolate and coffee all together it's also not that sweet.

That time, I decided to stay for awhile. I spun around holding my drink and to my shock, there’s a guy near the windows again and I think it's the same person I saw the last time.

He’s always here during the nights and my classes usually finish at night.

Coincidence?

Is he studying at the same university as me?

Today, he ordered something new. It’s a green tea cold drink and he’s still doing the same thing, looking outside the window while holding the drink.

He has really beautiful fingers for a guy.

Why am I even observing him?

I decided to just go home.

 

---------------------

 

It’s embarrassing but the workers at the café near my home know me already. Should I be grateful for that? They are not asking what drink I prefer already since I always ask for Mocha Frappe and putting Byun as the name they will put at the cup.

“Thank You.” I took the drink and looked around.

There he is again, that same guy.

Now, earphones are plugged in his ears while stirring hot coffee on his cup. I actually want to study here. It’s quiet and it relaxes me. Maybe, it’s alright to stay a little longer.

I settle down the chair near the door where my back is facing the guy. I place my bag at the empty seat and take my books out. It’s so peculiar but why do I want to take a glimpse of him. It’s so strange that there’s this feeling inside me that I want to see his face.

I shook my head. No, I should not think of this. I should focus on my lessons not to that stranger.

But maybe just one look …

I exhale and carefully turn my head and peeked over my shoulder. He looks so delicate and fragile. His eyes were closed and there’s a small smile on his lips. He looks like he’s enjoying the music he’s listening at. He’s really good looking.

What a beautiful stranger.

I’m staring at him too long now. I should look away but I can’t. His eyes fluttered open and he met my gaze. I gasp as I look down in shame.

He caught me looking at him! Ahh, Mi Hyun you’re such an idiot!

I quickly pack my things and saunter out of the café. I didn’t stop from walking until I’m far from the café shop. I think it’s better if I don’t go there for awhile. He might think I’m a stalker. It’s not good. “Oh, I forgot my Mocha Frappe.” I just wasted my money. I didn’t even have a sip yet.

Now, that guy must be thinking I like him. It’s so wrong that I ran out of the shop after meeting his eyes.

I started walking back to my apartment and pushed the up button. I waited for the elevator to go down. Still devastated because of what happened, I feel like sleeping already and forget about studying for awhile. I've been sleeping so late and sometimes the back of my head hurts because of lack of sleep.

The elevator pinged open and I entered in. I pushed the close button many times and the doors were about to close when a hand slipped between the doors and it opened again.

It’s like everything went in slow motion that the elevator doors opened slowly revealing a guy behind it.

I got startled to see the guy at the café catching his breath. It’s him. I can recognize him because of the clothes here’s wearing what is he doing?

He raised his head up and his hood dropped behind his head, revealing his handsome and baby like face. He has his pair of small but bright eyes. He flashed a smile that brighten up my night and showed the Mocha Frappe I left.

There’s the name Byun in it. “You forgot your drink.”

He ran all the way here just to give me this? I took the drink and our fingers touched. He stepped back and let the elevators close again. I could see his smile at the closing doors while I’m still bewildered.

When the elevator doors closed, I stared at the drink. “Is he insane?”

 

---------------

 

The next day, I skipped going to that café shop. It’s also for my health. Drinking Mocha Frappe everyday is not healthy too. But I still have to walk at the same street and to be honest, I’m wondering if he’s there.

I’m still far from the café but I’m already checking if he’s there. And I am correct, he’s there sitting at his usual place. Today, he didn’t order anything. It’s like he’s waiting for someone. I inhaled as soon as I got closer to the café.

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

Is it weird and wonderful? That I finally got a chance to talk to her, but I missed it.

Since that day when I first saw her, I totally fell for her already. She said ‘Byun’ and I looked at her in front of me. She has this small figure it's like I wanted to surround my long arms around her and gave her a backhug. I was standing behind her and she turned her head towards my direction she just flashed me the sweetest smile that made me feel something fluttering inside my chest.

A beautiful stranger just smiled at me and that smile hit me right into my heart. You can call it love at first sight because since that day, I always go to the same café just to see her for a split second. Seeing her actually makes my day even though she doesn’t talk or look at me.

Just seeing her satisfies me.

Call me stalker, but it’s because of the reason that I really like her. I can only watch her from afar because I don't have the courage to approach and to at least talk to her.

And today, I’m waiting for her again. This is the day, that I will swallow all my shyness so I can talk to her already. Please…

I glanced at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter