Act 1

Perfection (All That Matters)
Howon was always my hip-hop dance partner, I always wanted to be like him. He was all about powerful moves and sharp, clean-cut motions. I was more freestyle, I was always more fluid because of my ballet background and I even started to hate it, hate ballet because I couldn't dance hip hop like I wanted to, because I didn't have physical strenght and intense expressions like Hoya.
 
For that, I was always  in love with  him, because he was everything I always wanted to be, but I never told him because my reason was stupid. He probably knew but he also didn't mention it, because he didn't feel the same way but wanted to keep me as a dance partner, as a friend.
 
Still, that all changed the day he arrived.
 
He carried a white duffel bag that contrasted too strongly with his darker complexion and lightless-basement black hair. I almost didn't notice his Adidas high-tops (I love high tops) because his eyelids over his brown eyes created shadows, shadows so enticing that I couldn't stop staring, but he wasn't looking at me, why would he even look at me? If my eyelids fall like his I look half asleep, not like a sports clothes model.
 
He was very quiet, very still. Maybe he thought that we wouldn't notice him that way as he tried to blend with an abandoned corner just typing away on his phone and at first it was kind of easy to ignore him. He was gorgeous but a no-smile guy like him never attracted me much so I just stuck with Hoya as we did a little warm up before our instructor arrived.
He never once looked at us, in fact, he never once looked at anyone. Was he angry? Nobody wanted to go talk to him and his permanent, thick eyebrowed frown.
 
The instructor arrived and this guy went to talk to him in a small voice, I didn't try to listen, it was none of my business.
Whatever, we warmed up and stretched for half an hour and, like me, this dark character was very flexible, which was weird in a man. 
 
As usually, just to relax before learning the actual choreography, we freestyled some dance battles. Some girls started, they were pretty dope so I went against them and showed some of my new C-Walk skills which impressed some but not all, certainly not that new kid who only raised his eyebrows mildly.
 
So Howon went up against me and he was amazing as usually with his trademark popping and locking and then, out of nowhere, the new kid joined.
 
I was bobbing my body along with the beat at first but I stopped halfway when I saw his dancing. Ballet, there was definitely some sort of ballet but there was also the popping and locking of Howon with just a hint of jazz. It was a mind numbing mix, it was perfect. The perfect combination of Howon and I, because he was fluent in his twirls but stopped in clean motions, and his arms moved with grace but he locked them with the sheer force of his muscles in place before some impressive chest pumps.
 
I had never seen someone dance like him, maybe he actually wasn't but, for me, he was perfect.
 
The rest of the class was also impressed and come of them hollered at him and clapped loudly like four times. He smirked and I thought he was very attractive... but self-centered. So yeah, maybe him, as a person, wasn't perfect but his dance surely was.
 
Three guys went up against him at the same time because one couldn't measure up to the new kid's talent (I call him a kid because, let's face it, he looks younger than me). After he was done dancing he just quietly blended with the rest of the guys and simply tilted his head to the beat.
 
Howon and I looked at each other and I was surprised to find his jaw ajar. Yes, he was impressed at times but he was always confident in himself but this new kid was pretty good, too good.
 
When everyone had already danced the teacher, Mr. Ho (but his stage name was Tigah so Howon and I, who had been here since forever, called him that) explained the concept of the new choreography that we would show in the BLoCK Show in the november. We were only in July but these things took time. Afterwards he introduced the new kid after noticing his black hair behind some students, I hadn't noticed but he was tall, not freakishly like that Chanyeol kid but taller than me and Howon.
 
"This is Kim Jongin" said Mr. Taigah but before he finished the 'n' he was interrupted.
 
"Just call me Kai" Jongin said. Everyone surely noticed him now. He was cool, he was handsome and a good dancer; he even had a nice stage name that didn't sound as tacky as that Lay guy (why would you name yourself after a brand of chips, really?). At first glance he seemed perfect and for a moment I wanted to believe that he was perfect.