The Beginning

More Than The Night Sky

Hello Everyone!! I would first like to thank all those who have waited!

I want to especially thank my subscribers:

jjoy764

blindingthunder

sha87tsyr86

cherrycyau

TheSandGirl

minnie6002

giie_13

oatlover

ariena84

hotarunza*

Tuffygarcia

A/N: I spent a lot of my time thinking and writing this fic and I hope you'll enjoy it. It was extremely hard characterizing JYJ. I thought it would be best if I explained to you how I think of them and how I'm going to write out their personailities. For Yoochun I think most of the time he is a very mellow person, he seems to be more reserved than he was during his DB5K days. I also think he can be a very comforting person and values his relationships with people (ex. YooHwan, Jae, etc) and is protective. He does know how to have a good time and knows how to enjoy himself. And yeah he may smoke a lot, but who are we to tell him not to. As for Junsu, his personality is more serious and it is obvious he has greatly matured since DB5K days and has grown more independent. I think he realizes he is capable of having his own solo career but values his ties and relationship he has with JYJ more. For JaeJoong, I think he's probably the least changed from DB5K. I know he seems more lonely now, but I think the lawsuit really showed him who his true friends were and he takes care of them more. I think he pretends to be strong since he's the hyung, but I sometimes think he fills his problmes, weakness, and loneliness with alcohol and hanging out with friends. I do think Yoochun is the strongest out of the three, I should note. This is just my short analysis though. If you have any questions just ask! :D

Enjoy~

More Than The Night Sky – Chapter 1 [The Beginning]

Yoochun POV – mid-August 2009

*beep beep beep*

 "Ugh"

 *beep beep beep*

"Just stop already"

Through the deep haze of sleep, I reached out my arm and slowly attempted to feel my way to my phone on the end table.

“At least the damn alarm is now off”

I sat up begrudgingly in my bed and rubbed my eyes. The sun had not risen yet, making the room a dull grey color. I looked back down to the phone in my hand,

(2 missed calls)

no doubt one from JaeJoong hyung and the other from Junsu. Guess I must've fallen asleep early yesterday, I deserve it though. Sleep has been rough these past couple months, ever since the whole lawsuit. While stretching and yawning, I shuffled my body to the edge of the bed and rested my feet against the floor. I slipped on my slippers and stood up to stretch.

'God you think I would be used to waking up this early’

My phone then vibrated and sounded from the bed, where it laid.

'There's the notification for the C-JeS meeting'

I soundly left the room with my phone in hand.
~~~
Turned out I was the second to arrive, Junsu having been first,

'When wasn't he?'

we both now sat outside Baek Chang-ju's office.

'Baek Chang-ju is the 'founder/CEO' of C-JeS Entertainment. C-JeS was one of the projects that JaeJoong hyung and Junsu immediately decided we needed to work on. We needed to ensure that we would have somewhere to go to after the start of our lawsuit, and at the end of our remaining Japanese activities for the year. It was rough, we knew it would be like this and knew about all the difficulties we would have to face. We all knew that we didn't want another problem like SM to happen, so we decided to form C-JeS Entertainment. Why else would we put so much emphasis on the ‘C’ ‘J’ and ‘S’.’

'Right now it's still in development and not publicly known that we have been working on this. It’s not that we want to hide it, but we have to. Our careers will be done if it was revealed that JYJ are in fact, the ones in charge of C-JeS. If SM gained any piece of this knowledge it would most likely tilt the lawsuit in their favor and knowing SM they would probably find a way to take the company from us.'

‘Still can’t believe I considered them ‘family’ at one point. What a joke that was.’

‘Anyways, we decided to hire Baek Chang-ju and make it out to be that he's the actual owner and founder of our company. We obviously know all about his past deeds, scandals, and his imprisonment, but we offered him a deal. We knew that by having him as 'CEO' the public would accept it since he did use to manage in the past and he still has a lot of connections to the entertainment world, which would further validate his status. Plus his dark past would provide the media more than enough information to pick apart, and surely be more than enough to cover any traces that JYJ are behind C-JeS. He also seemed to have changed and justice became his priority, but I guess prison does that to you. We told him that he could have another chance in the entertainment world as long as he fully allied himself with JYJ and their decisions and followed all our orders. It took him a few days to decide and fully realize that he would just be a puppet. He knew that he would be hailed a hero by our fans ‘for protecting JYJ from the bad SM’ and at the same time be making a lot more money than he ever did in his last company. He agreed and invested heavily in us. We thought it was a plausible plan and surprisingly even though he has rumors of having gangster affiliations (which serves as another media distraction), nothing has happened yet and he has been helpful in aiding us with his past experiences. All he has to do is his job and keep this little arrangement secret.'


'Good Morning!'


'Guess JaeJoong hyung finally arrived'

~~~

“Finally the meeting is over!”

“What was that Junsu? You don’t like being around your hyungs anymore?”

“I never said that, I just don’t like the whole business part. Right now all I want to do is go onstage and perform and not have to worry about all these problems right now.”

“Jun-“

“It’s fine hyung, I’ll enjoy the remaining time we have left promoting in Japan. Then after that we’ll just have to work harder to show what JYJ is all about. I’ll be leaving first.”

With that Junsu sighed and exited the room, leaving me alone with Jae.

“Hey” I decided to start.

“Yoochun, what are we going to do…What if this doesn’t work out and SM finds out or what if we lose the lawsuit? What is the public going to think of us after this year is up? What if we’re fighting a losing bat-“

I chuckled.

“You’re funny you know.”

“…”

“The three of us decided to leave SM with valid reasons; we didn’t just randomly plan this lawsuit. Just calm down, we should enjoy the fact that SM is getting what they deserve and weren’t you the one most excited about forming C-JeS? Isn’t this supposed to be a company for ‘artists’? A company where we treat our talent like humans and not like property and tools. Where we treat them like real family, not like the poor excuse of a family we’ve had for 6 years. We’ve seen it all, we’ve even been through all the corruption of this business. Don’t you think we deserve this chance at freedom? Don’t you want to prove to yourself that you’re an artist? Not just a cheap manufactured idol with half the class of class and an expiration date? I thought you wanted to show the world who we really are and what we stand for?

“…”

“Isn’t that why we gave you two letters in ‘C-JeS…”

“…”

“I’ll be leaving now.”

I patted Jae on the shoulder and turned to face the door.

“What if no one trusts us?”

I looked over.

“I guess we’ll just have to work for it. You’re doing a pretty good job already.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well I use to think that you would not be able to open up to anyone again, but you seem to have opened up to people, who are not Park Yoochun and Kim Junsu. Haven’t you even gotten close to one of the contestants from that audition program? You get along with everyone you meet and that will help you and the company.”

“…”

“In any case, though it is tough, we are working hard to live well. Despite someone tormenting us, we are working hard to really smile.”

I said good-bye once more and left.

~~~

I decided that I needed to clear my mind and the best place for that was the roof of C-JeS building. I placed a cigarette at my mouth and lit it. I placed my arms at the rails and gazed up into the sky.

*Flashback*

“Oh, you’re all here already. Come in my office.”

The three of us walked inside and took a seat in front of Baek Chang-ju’s desk.

“Now let’s get started.”

We began discussing the layout and design of the new C-JeS building, the staff we needed (which wasn’t much, considering a lot of the coordi-noonas, dancers, and managers decided to leave with us), and the direction JYJ was going to go in. We decided that after the rest of the Dong Bang Shin Ki’s schedule we would keep it low for a while and wait. Chang-ju also mentioned that we needed to start finding a really good team of lawyers for the remainder of the case and as a precaution. We hoped that after our short break we would be able to promote in Korea and Japan, but knew it was probably unlikely, due to SM. I still remember the warnings from our sunbaenims from SM about going through with this lawsuit, it really was going to be hard. Our conversation suddenly shifted to more serious subjects, which was covering up the fact that JYJ had their own company and how we were actually going to get some talent in our new company.

“I think that’s going to be our biggest problem.”

We all looked at Junsu.

“I mean, yeah I know it’s going to be hard hiding the identity of C-JeS but we can’t just add more weight to our shoulders. We are already in a lawsuit, ex-Dong Bang Shin Ki members, and have created such a huge scandal and are even unsure of how the public even views us. I know we can support C-JeS ourselves, but we need to try to make it easier for us. I don’t want us to be completely worn and stressed out.”

“You were never this serious. Junsu-yah, you’ve really changed…and hyung is sorry for that.”

“He’s right, we need to at least try to reach out to others even if we know they will avoid us.” I added.

“And how are you three going to do that?”

“Yah! What’s that supposed to mean hyung? Don’t forget you’re ‘technically’ our CEO and are supposed to help us.”

“And don’t you forget my dongsaeng that you currently have no contract with C-JeS.”

I smiled and looked over to my right.

“What do you think Jae-hyung?”

The other two looked over at JaeJoong.

“I think we should just focus with finishing out our activities as Dong Bang Shin Ki and work on some of the easier tasks we need to do for C-JeS. We’ll just leave our doors open to everyone and anyone, except a select few of course. We can’t just force people to join our side and possibly ruin their careers for being in the same company as JYJ. We’ll just be observers and intervene when we think it’s right.”

“If our plan fails, I’ll just drag little YooHwannie~ into C-JeS and we’ll have a cute dongsaeng on our side.” I added to lighten the mood.

That made the others smile and relax.

*Flashback End

Overhead the clouds moved calmly and quietly, without a regard towards the inhabitants they overlook. I looked down at the now snuffed out cigarette on the floor.

“Just give us a chance, that’s all I ask.”

 

Sorry it's so short, next chapter is huge and has a lot of information/action. I wanted this chapter to be the basis of the fic and also because I haven't decided if I should continue to write in 1st person or should I just write in 3rd. Thanks for reading, I do appreciate! Next chapter should be up sometime next week! It would also be nice to have a beta.

Oh and ChunHyo should start appearing after the next chapter!! Oh and who saw those pictures from the 'Spy' premiere!! I love these two!!

Song Ji Hyo & Park Yoochun Hwaiting!!!