Playful Kill

Playful Kill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “It was you, Emelyn.  All this while,” Leeteuk smirked.

                “No,” she answered, “It was you.”

+++++

                “It’s schizophrenia,” Leeteuk heard the doctor said.

                “That’s really sick,” he heard Taeyeon cried.

+++++

                They were sisters.  The eldest was Taeyeon.  The second was Tiffany.  The third was Emelyn.  The youngest was Seohyun.  If people said that a family was unfortunate if they have no boy as a child, they were definitely wrong.  These sisters proved them wrong.  These sisters, they were strong, physical wise, mental wise and sisterhood wise.  Taeyeon and Tiffany even planned to get married together, so as Emelyn and Seohyun.  That was how close they were.

                Taeyeon had convinced her boyfriend, Leeteuk to wait until Tiffany and Siwon were really ready.  Leeteuk was fine, since he was in the army anyway.  He could wait until he’s done with his training.  But, the problem was Siwon always said that he wanted the wedding to be on a different date.  According to Siwon, a wedding was supposed to be a man and a woman’s special day.  So, why would Tiffany and her sister share the same day?

                Another problem aroused when the sisters confirmed that Taeyeon had a stalker.  Not really a bad stalker though, just someone from another apartment building who always came to their second-floor apartment.  He dropped by the apartment to go with Taeyeon to work, since they work at the same place anyway.  He was kind.  He was protective.  The only problem was that Taeyeon was no longer available.

                “You know that Junho boy really like you, right?” Tiffany asked.

                “Yes,” Taeyeon answered.

                “So, why would you go out with him?” Seohyun asked.

                “Why wouldn’t I?” Taeyeon asked back.

                “Well, that’s obvious.  You have a boyfriend,” Emelyn answered, “And he’s in the army.  Just imagine if he comes back sometimes and seeing you with another guy?  I am quite sure he would kill, you know?”

                “Ok.  Thanks for your concern sisters.  I know you love me.  But, it is not like I am going out dating him.  We’re just going out for work together and then go home together.  What’s the big deal?” Taeyeon said while putting on a blazer on top of her blouse.

                “What’s the big deal, you ask me?” Tiffany widened her eyes.  It was just so impossibly impossible that her big sister was that slow.

                “The big deal is that he has a feeling of more than friends towards you.  And he’s close to you?  Nope.  I won’t try that with Minho,” Seohyun said while referring to the same situation with her boyfriend Minho.

                “That’s a different situation, Seo.  Minho is in the US.  If you have someone so close to you here, who happens to have a romantic feeling towards you, Minho would feel betrayed.  Because he’s just not here and can’t possibly control the situation.  Leeteuk is here in Korea.  He knows what I am doing and he knows Junho is just a kid next building who likes me.  Leeteuk knows that I can’t possibly fall for him.  Leeteuk knows that he is better than the boy,” Taeyeon explained.

                “You can’t be that slow.  My point is Leeteuk could get jealous, if not feeling betrayed,” Tiffany refuted.

                “Ok, sisters.  Sorry that I can’t be in this conversation anymore.  I need to get to the office as soon as possible,” Taeyeon took her handbag and wore her shoes, “And I’ll be home late tonight, after nine.  I have this karaoke thing, remember?  The whole office is going.”

                “Yeah, right?  What a right time for a karaoke party,” Emelyn said sarcastically, “Leeteuk is coming here tonight.  For a holiday.”

                “I don’t forget that, Em.  I’ll be home after nine.  I still can meet him the whole weekend.  By the way Em, aren’t you and Seo having class today?  Get ready.  And Tiff, enjoy your day off work,” she said before she closed the door.  The other three sisters heard a greeting.

                “Must be that Junho boy,” said Emelyn.

                “Tae is too slow, isn’t she?” Tiffany asked them.

+++++

                The Earth was wetted that night by the heavy downpour.  Going out was definitely a mistake since the thunderstorms was fierce.  However, Emelyn had decided to go to the nearest pharmacy to get cough medicine because Seohyun was soaked in rain when she came back from class.  The youngest was sneezing and coughing continuously after a while and Emelyn decided that it was better if she prevent any increase in temperature.

                It was good to have rain like this once in a while in the summer.  At least, the weather didn’t feel scorching hot.  But, she must at least wear good shoes in the slippery condition of the road.  She didn’t and she had to deal with an unpleasant fate of having her elbow in contact with the road on her way back from the pharmacy.  It was not good at all when there’s mixing of blood and rainwater trailing down her fingers.  The sight was downright creepy.

                “!  I should have bought a bandage,” she muttered under her breath.  She looked back at the road leading to the pharmacy.  Under her umbrella, she saw water pouring everywhere and she went against her previous thought about going back to the pharmacy to treat her injured arm.  So, she went straight to her apartment.

                The journey home was shocking as she met Leeteuk halfway, with Taeyeon in his arms, both of them were soaked by the rain.  Her tongue was tied, so as Leeteuk’s, while Taeyeon looked unconscious, even under the heavy rain.  For a moment, the sound of the rain was too deafening because every other sound just disappeared.

                “Leeteuk, what happened?” she started first.

                “Let’s go home,” Leeteuk quickly ran away without really answering her question.  Emelyn followed his lead.

They were just by the bus stop near the apartment.  Once they were in the building, Emelyn quickly pushed the button for elevator.  Both of them waited for the elevator without a single word.  When the door opened for them, they quickly stepped in and Emelyn pushed the floor button and the elevator moved again.  The next thing they knew was they ran for the door of the apartment and Emelyn pushed the door opened and the other sisters were in shocked.

                “What the hell happened?” Tiffany shouted.  Seohyun stood up from the couch and looked at Emelyn, Leeteuk and unconscious Taeyeon, the three of them were soaked, and water dripping and cold and then Leeteuk spoke again.

                “I found her at the dark, quiet alley, with Junho,” he said, adding more surprise to the event that just occurred.

“What happened?” Seohyun asked, feeling weird.  Taeyeon was at the karaoke party, with colleagues.

“She’s drunk, unconscious.  Junho was supposed to send her home. But…” Leeteuk stopped mid-sentence.

                “But?” Emelyn didn’t like how it sounds.  She was nervous.

                “There wasn’t a single clothes on her body,” Leeteuk said and quickly took Taeyeon to her room.  The other sisters followed, although they were almost as frozen as ice.

                “You said what?” Tiff asked.

                “I’m afraid she was ually harassed by Junho.  I know long ago that I cannot trust that boy,” Leeteuk put Taeyeon on the bed, “Somebody, change her clothes!  Quick!”

                Tiffany and Seohyun who were panic quickly did as instructed.  Emelyn didn’t.  Leeteuk and her stared at each other, suspiciously.

                “Tiff, take care of Tae.  I need to go out to check on something,” Leeteuk said while giving Emelyn one, long, last suspicious stare before he went out again.  Tiffany nodded while crying and doing her job.

                “Seo, take this,” Emelyn gave her the cough medicine she bought for her.  Seohyun took it but not without noticing her elbow.

                “You’re bleeding, Em,” she said.

                “I know,” she said slowly, “I’m going out again to get the bandage.  Take Tae to the hospital, Seo.  Make sure she is checked by the doctor,” Emelyn said and with that she left the apartment.

                Instead of taking the path to the pharmacy, she took the opposite path, following Leeteuk slowly from behind.  She fished out her cellphone from her jeans pocket and made a call to her boyfriend.

                “Onew.  I have to tell you this.”

+++++

                When Taeyeon woke up, all of them were there.  Leeteuk was by her side.  Tiffany and Siwon were standing at the other side of the bed.  Emelyn, Onew and Seohyun were standing at the end of the bed.

                “How are you feeling?” Tiffany asked.  She could feel Siwon squeezed her shoulder, comforting her.

                Taeyeon did not answer.  She slowly took in her surrounding and wondering what was going on.  The sisters were feeling grateful as the result from the doctor informed that Taeyeon was free from ual assault.  However, there was physical abuse though.  Taeyeon had some bruised at her arms and legs and one at her left temple, where they didn’t manage to register last night.  The doctor also had informed them that Taeyeon was heavily drugged.  The question was, who the hell would do that to her?  Junho?

                “Where am I?” question was replied by question.  Taeyeon looked really confused.

                “You are at the hospital,” Seohyun said.  Taeyeon was even more confused.

                “You remember anything from yesterday?” Leeteuk asked her while wringing her hand.  Taeyeon shook her head.  It was all blur.

                “I remember I was at the karaoke party,” she said.

                “And?” Tiffany asked.

                “Nothing.  I remember nothing after that,” she said.

                They nodded and asked her to rest.  They don’t want to force her to think of what happened.  Emelyn told them she tried to find Junho in the morning, at his apartment, but there was no answer.  Junho’s neighbour told the house was dark and empty since yesterday.  He might not go home last night.  Leeteuk was suspicious by the information.  Tiffany and Seohyun were too tired to even think.  Leeteuk looked at Emelyn and Emelyn stared back at him.

                “Onew,” Emelyn called for her boyfriend.

                “Yes?”

                “I need to talk to you,” she whispered.  Onew nodded and pulled Emelyn to a place hidden from anybody.

+++++

                As Emelyn and Onew spoke to each other privately, Tiffany and Siwon also had taken the time to spoke confidentially as well.  This time, Siwon who was agitated by the latest occurrence, wanted only to marry Tiffany and taking care of her.

                “What happened to Taeyeon was really unfortunate,” Siwon said.  He held Tiffany’s arm tightly, showing how he really cared about her.

                “It was a disaster,” Tiffany exaggerated, but none of them care anymore.

                “You see, Tiffany.  Things got rather weird lately.  Everything was strange.  Taeyeon was carried home by Leeteuk and he claimed she might be ually assaulted.  Turned out she’s not but she’s bruised.  Like there was something going on.  I’m afraid for you,” Siwon said like any gentleman would do.

                “I know.  Things got rather strange lately,” Tiffany agreed.

                “Tiffany, let’s get married,” Siwon was being quite frank and fast on that.

                “What?!” Tiffany faced him.

                “Please, Tiffany.  Don’t get mad.  I just…I think it would be better if I am always with you.  You know, taking care of you, won’t let anything bad happen to you-”

                “I can’t believe you!  We are in the middle of a big crisis here and all you think about is a marriage?!”

                “Tiff, please.  You misunderstood me.  The marriage is not the point.  The point is you.  I won’t forgive myself if anything happen t-”

                “Shut up, Siwon!  This will never end, forever.  We bicker each day talking about this.  I told you, many times, that I will wait for Taeyeon,” Tiffany shouted.

                “Tiff, it is you that I worry about right at this moment,” Siwon pleaded.

                “Worry?  You sure?  If you are worried about me, then you will worry about my sister too.  You should know better, Siwon,” Tiffany said through gritted teeth and with that she left Siwon.

                Siwon was sculpted on the floor.  He looked at Tiffany as she walked away.  When she turned around a corner, Siwon saw Tiffany bumped into Emelyn.  She heard their conversation, although it was quite distance.

                “Tiff, what happened?”

                “Nothing,” Tiffany answered, trying to get away.

                “The way I see it is not nothing,” Emelyn replied.

                “It’s a small matter.  The same old stuff Siwon and I had been talking,” she said and quickly left the scene.  Siwon saw Emelyn gave him a sceptic look and he quickly turned away and walked to the other side.

+++++

                That night, Emelyn and Tiffany slept together.  Tiffany was tired.  She cried a lot in the day.  Seohyun was not at home.  She offered herself to take care of Taeyeon at the hospital.  Emelyn decided to accompany Tiffany at home.  Leeteuk and Siwon were also at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter