Puppy Love

Puppy Love

I've fixed the major problems. I still might have some typos though. Sorry. I did this on microsoft word and copied and pasted it onto AFF. It somehow copied twice so the whole story became whack. I didn't notice until this morning because I fell asleep as soon as I posted this and I had school. I should've known something was wrong when my word count exceeded 9000 LOL I'm sorry for anyone who read it with that giant mistaken. You're welcomed to curse me out >.<

Puppy Love

"Stop the car!!" I heard my mother yell.

 

"I can't!" My father responded.

 

"Turn!!"

 

"I'm trying!!"

 

Before any of us could react, we had collided with a tree. I felt my head hit the seat in front of me. I groaned in pain before slowly lifting my head. Feeling a wet substance flow from the left side of my head, I touched my forehead and my eyes widened when I saw all the blood that was on the palm of my hands. However, I didn't spend that much time worrying about myself. I looked at my parents, who sat in the front, and neither of them was moving. Despite the immense pain and agony that I was feeling in my head and body, I managed to open the door. I lost my balance and the ended up falling. From behind me, I could hear the cries of other people.

 

"Call an ambulance!" I heard someone scream. 

 

I got back on my feet and opened the door to the driver's seat. I saw my dad's head on the wheel and he was bleeding a lot. 

 

"Appa! Omma!" I screamed.

 

Some men ran to the scene and helped me pull my parents out of the car. Both of them were bloodied and bruised. The good Samaritans laid my parents down on the grass and waited for the ambulance to arrive. 

 

"Omma!! Appa!! Wake up" I sobbed while shaking their stone cold bodies. 

 

"Wake up please! You can't leave me!" I cried even harder. 

 

I heard the sirens from ambulances get closer and a few paramedics rushed to the scene with stretchers. A man looked at my parents and then looked at me with a face full of pity. 

 

"I'm sorry" He tells me and that was the last thing I remembered before losing consciousness.

 

~~

 

'Meow~' A small kitten with golden fur stretched its flexible body before jumping onto the chest of its owner. The human underneath the feline groaned and shifted her body.

 

"Nana, 5 more minutes" The blonde owner mumbled.

 

'Meow~' The cat meowed again. The furry little creature started scratching and biting the owner's hair as if it were a toy or a ball of yarn.

 

The owner finally gave up and sat up on her bed while picking up the naughty little kitten.

 

"Nana. I told you so many times to let me sleep." The owner frowned. 

 

Sensing that her owner was unhappy, the little cat her owner's hand cutely to appease the human.

 

Jin Ah saw her cat's adorable actions and chuckled.

 

"Aha... that tickles. Okay nana, I forgive you. Now, go downstairs. I'll wash up and then get you breakfast." Jin Ah smiled.

 

The cat rubbed her soft head and meowed in response. 

 

Jin Ah put down her little pet while she advanced to the bathroom to start her daily morning routines. While she was brushing her teeth, she noticed the dark circles around her beautiful, pale face.

 

'That nightmare again' Jin Ah sighed.

 

The young woman took a quick shower and dressed herself before walking downstairs to get breakfast.

 

So, let’s meet Im Jin Ah, a beautiful and young Korean woman living in Seoul.  

 

Age: 23

 

Occupation: Student in Medical School

 

Jin Ah walked to the kitchen and saw her beloved cat, Nana, waiting in front of its bowl as usual. Jin smiled and opened her can of cat food and proceeded to feeding the little feline. After the cat had its breakfast, Jin Ah started cooking to make her own breakfast. When she finished, she put her food on the table and started eating. 

 

'I keep having those nightmares.' Jin sighed and checked the calendar. She saw the date and slowly sighed. The date was September 9th, 2013. Exactly 10 years since her parents were killed in a terrible car accident. After that car accident, she lived with her aunt, Kahi for a while. Her aunt loved her and treasured her, but she couldn't rely on her forever so when the girl was old enough to go to university, she decided that she should be on her own. She had some money saved when she used to be a part-time model. 

 

'Omma, Appa. How is it up there in heaven?' Jin Ah thought to herself. 

 

Nana could sense that her owner was not feeling well. Like any good pet, the cat jumped onto the blonde's lap and started purring to make her feel better. The human smiled softly seeing her cat put effort into cheering her up.

 

"Thank you Nana." Jin picked up the animal and kissed it.

 

"I have to go now. Behave okay Nana?"

 

'Meow~'

 

Jin put away the dishes and slowly walked out the door to start her day.

 

~~

 

"Your puppy seems to be fine. Just give him a lot of water and then come back in 2 or 3 days okay?" A beautiful young woman told a mother and her child.

 

"Of course. Thank you so much. Jun, say thank you to the nice noona" the mother ordered.

 

"Thank you noona!" The cute little boy said and hugged the young woman. The vet giggled and pets the little boy before handing him his puppy.

 

"Don't mention it."

 

"So how much will this cost?" The mother asked while taking out her credit card.

 

The young vet gave an eye-smile and shook her head.

 

"This one is on the house. Seeing your son so happy is enough payment."

 

"Thank you!" The mother bowed and held her son's hand and walked out of the building.

 

The young vet smiled to herself, feeling happy about doing a good need.

 

This is Park Sooyoung, age 22. She's an aspiring veterinarian. She's top of her class and because of her excellent grades, she is already allowed to work part-time in the small animal clinic. 

 

The busan girl was so lost in thought that she didn't realize someone was staring at her. She turned to her right and saw one of her co-workers giving her a blank stare.

 

"Ah!! Yah!! Kim Myungsoo! I told you to stop doing that!" Sooyoung complained.

 

"Geez Sooyoung, I thought you would've gotten used to it by now. And did you let that woman get a free checkup for her dog?" Myungsoo asked.

 

"Yeah. So?" Sooyoung pouted.

 

"You can't keep giving free checkups. You'll go broke like this." Myungsoo sighed.

 

"I won't do it again Oppa. I promise!" The younger said cutely with her busan accent. Myungsoo laughed and pat the girl's head.

 

"Good girl."

 

A sound from the front door interrupted the door.

 

The 2 vets turned their attention to the front door and saw Sooyoung's friend, Jooyeon, running towards them.

 

"What's wrong Jupal Unnie?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"Lizzy is missing!" Jooyeon shouted.

 

"WHAT?!!!" Sooyoung shouted.

 

"I'm sorry soo!"

 

"You lost my baby?!!! How?!!!"

 

"I was taking her out for a walk and then she just ran off. She was too fast and I lost her! I'm so sorry Sooyoung." Jooyeon replied with a guilty expression.

 

The younger saw the look on the older's face and shook her head.

 

"It’s not your fault Unnie. I know Lizzy is very hyper. Did you ask if anyone saw her?"

 

"I already asked YiYoung, Kaeun and Yoojin. None of them have found her."

 

Sooyoung forced a smile and turned to Myungsoo.

 

"Oppa can I take a break?"

 

"Of course." Myungsoo said.

 

~~

 

Meanwhile at a random part in Seoul, Jin Ah is currently wondering what is this cruel prank someone decided to inflict on her. The beautiful blonde girl is sitting on the dark bench and in front of her is a little beagle looking at her with pleading eyes.

 

"Go away. Shoo" Jin Ah snapped, but the dog stayed regardless.

 

Now you're probably wondering why anyone would not like puppies. Well, poor Jin Ah was orphaned because of a dog. 

 

Jin Ah POV

 

"Appa. Omma. It's my birthday in 5 days!" I said excitedly to my parents while they were driving.

 

"We know sweetie. Now what do you want?" My mom asked.

 

"I want a kitty!" I said.

 

"A kitten? That's a lot of work honey. Are you sure you can take care of it?" My dad asked.

 

"I will daddy!"

 

"Alright. A kitten it is" My mom smiled.

 

I was happy that my parents actually agreed, but suddenly I saw a dog appear out of nowhere on the road.

 

"Stop the car!!" I heard my mother yell.

 

"I can't!" My father responded.

 

"Turn!!"

 

"I'm trying!!"

 

Because of that damned dog that day, I lost my parents. I hate dogs with passion and this one in front of me right now is no exception. 

 

"Go away you stupid mutt. I don't have any food to offer you." I coldly said.

 

The stupid dog comes even closer to me. Are you kidding me? What part of 'go away' doesn't it understand? This stupid mutt. I couldn't stand being near that thing so I got off my seat and started walking home. I was already finished with all the classes that I had today. I heard a whimper and turned around. The stupid dog was following me! 

 

I tried to ignore it by walking home even faster, but it just kept following me. What is wrong with this dog?!

 

When I finally got home, my cat welcomed me. 

 

'Meow~' Nana purred and rubbed her soft head against my leg.

 

"Aww... come here baby." I picked up my cat and started scratching her chin.

 

Suddenly my cat jumped off my arms and stared at the door with her fur standing up.

 

"What's wrong Nana?" 

 

Nana hissed at the door and I got confused. I picked up my cat and opened the door. Once again that stupid dog was there looking at me.

 

"Are you kidding me?! Shoo!" I screamed.

 

The mutt whimpered and sat on the matt that was outside of my door.

 

"Aish." I put Nana down and dragged the dog into my house. The beagle was wearing a collar and it had the name 'Lizzy', but provided no address or number.

 

"Geez. What a pain." I was too tired and it would be cruel to bring that dog to the pound.

 

'Meow~' Nana purred again. The stupid dog suddenly heard my cat and walked up to her. I could see that Nana was scared.

 

"Yah!! Stupid dog! Get away from Nana!" I shouted. But I was surprised when Lizzy didn't do anything to Nana. Instead, she just sniffed Nana and her.

 

Nana gave Lizzy an icy glare and bit her, making the cute, lovable dog whimper in pain.

 

"Hmph. Get away from Nana." I said coldly and picked up the pup with one hand. Nana watched as I opened my backyard and put the dog there.

 

After I closed the door I went to take a shower and change. By the time I finished, it was already 7 in the evening.

 

"Nana. Time for dinner." I was making chicken and canned food is too expensive to buy all the time so I rather cook for my cat. I made plain chicken with no seasoning for her and after I put food in her bowl, I made some for myself. Dinner was peaceful and silent, until I heard that stupid dog bark.

 

"Ugh.." I groaned and looked at my backyard from my kitchen window. It was raining pretty hard so the dog was hiding from the rain by staying as close to the doors because it was dry there. 

 

"Nana, time for bed." I picked up my pet and the two of us made our way to my room.

 

"Good night Nana."

 

At around 2 in the morning I heard really loud barking from the outside.

 

"Oh my god" I sighed. I gave up and walked downstairs to my backyard. The sight of a sad and scared puppy greeted me.

 

"Come inside" I ordered the dog.

 

Lizzy looked at me and then slowly started walking into my house. She was a bit wet because of the rain. I picked up the dog and carried her to the bathroom before drying her. When I finished I brought her inside of my room. She was smiling and wagging her tail at me. I don't get this dog, one moment she looks scared, the next moment she's so happy and energetic.

 

"Sleep over there." I ordered the dog and pointed to the space by my closet.

 

The beagle barked and walked over there obediently.

 

It was around 2:30AM now. I climbed onto my bed and went back to sleep.

 

~~

 

Sooyoung POV

 

I rolled around my bed, but I just couldn't go to sleep. Staring at the empty space behind me, I got sad. Usually Lizzy sleeps next to me, but she went missing today. I looked all over the city, but I couldn't find her at all. 

 

I put flyers up and even offered a reward of $200 USD. Hopefully someone will find her.

 

All I could hear was my clock ticking and the thunder from the outside. 

 

'I hope Lizzy is okay'

 

I hate the rain. It makes me feel so lonely. My real father left my family when I was young and my mother died from an illness when I was 12, but a nice couple adopted me when I turned 13. They treated me like their own and provided me with a good life and education. I want to pay them back, which is why I always did well in school. My adoptive parents are on vacation so I'm alone at the house. I miss Lizzy, she always kept me company.

 

"Happy 21st Birthday Sooyoung!" My adoptive parents came into my room with a cake.

 

I grinned sat up from my computer desk.

 

"It's your birthday sweetie, don't spend all day studying." My dad told me.

 

"I was just doing some last minute studying." I smiled.

 

"You're smart enough already" My mom said.

 

The two of them handed me the cake with 21 candles. I'm just so happy. My parents are the best parents any kid could ever ask for. Of course I miss my real mother too, but I know that she's in a better place now.

 

"We have one more present!" My mom excitedly said and ran out of my room while my dad grinned. I sat on my chair in anticipation, waiting to see what my parents had gotten me.

 

'Woof~'

 

I heard a bark. Oh my god. Did they get me what I think they did? 

 

"This is your new puppy!!" My mom came in with a big cage. 

 

"Oh my god!! Thank you Omma. Thank you Appa!!!" I ran to the cage and saw a little beagle sticking its tongue out and wagging its tail cutely. 

 

I quickly opened the cage and held the little pup on my hand.

 

"Hello cutie. This will be your new family." I told it.

 

"The dog is a girl. What do you want to name her?"

 

I looked at the cute little pup and gave her an eye-smile before kissing her head.

 

"Lizzy"

 

Lizzy is a gift from my parents and my best friend. She's always there to cheer me up. She's my happy virus. 

 

I need to find her.

 

~~

 

A week has passed since Lizzy went missing and Sooyoung still hasn't found the lost pup, but she wasn't going to give up. Lizzy is important to her; she'll take however long it needs to find her.

 

The young vet sighed on desk in front of her laptop. She was in the middle of her class right now, but she hasn't been sleeping much because the young girl was too busy worrying about her dog's whereabouts. 

 

Meanwhile in a certain ice princess' home.

 

"Nana. Time for lunch" Jin Ah called her pet.

 

The cat quickly ran to her master and waited for her to give her food. Jin Ah was happily giving some chicken to her little feline when she noticed Lizzy in the back looking at her with pleading eyes. 

 

"Aish.... come here dog" The blonde sighed and coldly ordered.

 

Lizzy slowly made her way to the human and barked in happiness when the woman gave her some food too. 

 

"Geez. I need to bill your owner when I find him or her."

 

Jin Ah went back to cooking her portion of food, but suddenly felt dizzy. After that car accident a decade ago, the poor girl would suffer from random dizzy spells. This one was worse than usual for some reason.

 

The tall blonde stumbled on her feet and fell onto the ground unconscious. Both of the animals walk towards the human's body and tried to wake her up. Lizzy's nose sniffed an odd odor. The stove that the tall girl was cooking on was on fire and it was spreading. 

 

Lizzy quickly started barking as loud as she could, hoping that the neighbors would be able to hear her. 

 

A few minutes have elapsed and no one has come to rescue the unconscious girl. Lizzy reacted as fast as she could. The first thing she did was bit onto Nana and bring the cat outside to safety. As soon as she finished, she ran back into the model's home and bit her sleeve. Using all the strength that she had, Lizzy slowly dragged the girl's body from the ground. The fire was getting worse and the entire kitchen was now in flames. 

 

Once Lizzy got the girl's body to the door, she banged into it as hard as she could so it would open. The smart dog knew the little pet door wouldn't fit a full sized human. She ran into it multiple times until it finally opened. Lizzy bit onto the human's sleeve again and brought her out to safety. The neighbors saw the smoke from the blonde's home and helped call for help. The fire department arrived shortly and attempted to put out the fire while paramedics took Jin Ah to the hospital. Nana and Lizzy were brought along because there was no one else who could take care of the pets.

 

~~

 

Nana POV

 

'Where am I?' I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was a blinding light. 

 

"Ugh" I squint my eyes to avoid the light.

 

"You're awake." I heard a voice say.

 

"Where am I?" I asked while turning my head. I saw what appears to be a doctor.

 

"You're in the hospital. Your kitchen got on fire and you were unconscious."

 

"It did?" I responded with obvious confusion.

 

"It did. You're quite lucky I must say." The doctor chuckled.

 

"Lucky?"

 

"You're lucky that you have such a heroic dog."

 

"A what?" Okay now I was just really confused.

 

"This cutie over here." The doctor smiled and lifted Lizzy who stared at me with her usual puppy eyes.

 

"This little dog saved your life. She risked her own life to drag you out of that house. You're one lucky owner." He said and handed Lizzy to me.

 

Lizzy cutely wagged her tail and barked. 

 

I smiled in front of a dog for the first time in years. The little beagle my face cutely, which made me smile even more.

 

"Thank you Lizzy."

 

I was discharged from the hospital the very next day. The house was in almost fine condition, with the exception of my kitchen. I ordered take out for myself and I bought cans of dogs and cats foods. Yes, you heard right. I bought dog food. Lizzy deserves it after saving my life. I guess not all dogs is that bad? 

 

I spent the rest of the day watching television with Nana and Lizzy because I was excused from classes for a few days. 

 

"Lizzy-ah. You want to go for a walk?" I asked the little beagle.

 

"Woof!" She barked and ran around.

 

Nana went to sleep on my bed while I got ready to take Lizzy for a walk. She didn't even need a leash since she behaved pretty well. At the park she suddenly looked really serious. 

 

"What's wrong girl?" I asked her.

 

I saw her sniff the ground and wag her tail. Suddenly she barked really loudly and ran.

 

"Yah!! Lizzy!" I chased after her, but she ran really quickly. 

 

Seriously, what is up with that dog? Aish.

 

I followed her and I found her in the arms of this girl around my age. She was hugging the Lizzy and crying.

 

"Lizzy-Ah!!! I finally found you! Where have you been?" The girl lifted Lizzy and started hugging her. 

 

'She must be Lizzy's real owner.'

 

I walked over to her and tapped her on the shoulder to get her attention.

 

"Is Lizzy your dog?" I asked and gave her a small smile.

 

"Yes she is. Are you the one who has been taking care of her? Thank you so much!" She thanked me and bowed. 

 

'She's cute' I laughed.

 

"Yeah. Nice to meet you. I'm Im Jin Ah." I introduced myself.

 

"Likewise. I'm Park Sooyoung" She replied.

 

"I'm glad Lizzy finally found her owner." 

 

"Thank you so much for taking care of her all this time. Here, let me repay you." She said and took out her wallet, but I stopped her.

 

"No. It's fine. Lizzy has done a lot of me for the past week."

 

"Really?"

 

"She saved me from a fire. That's worth a lot more than money." I smiled.

 

"Seriously? Lizzy-ah, you're so jjang! That's my baby!" She was shocked but I could tell she was proud of Lizzy.

 

"Would you like to come over to my place? I didn't know how long it would take to find Lizzy her home again so I bought all this dog food. I doubt my cat would want to eat it." I asked shyly and scratched the back of my head.

 

"If it's not a bother..." she answered. I could tell she was just as shy as I was.

 

"Don't worry. It's not." I gave her a soft smile.

 

She followed to my house and I welcomed her inside. As soon as she saw my cat, she got so excited. It was quite a cute sight, I'll be honest. I saw her touching Nana and inspecting my cat.

 

"You take very good care of your cat. I can tell she is in excellent condition." She said while giving me an eye-smile, making me blush a little.

 

"T-Thank you, but how do you know?"

 

"I'm training to be a vet. Right now, I'm still in school and working in an animal clinic." She explained.

 

"Oh really? That's cool." 

 

"Thank you Unnie. What are you majoring in?"

 

"Medical. I'm going to be a doctor."

 

She looked surprised. I guess I don't really look like a doctor-type person.

 

"Wow that's amazing. I was expecting you to be like a model or something considering your body is really great!!" She exclaimed, but she quickly realizes what she said and turned red. She is really cute.

 

"Thanks."

 

I asked her to stay for the rest of the day and she agreed. The two of us shared stories about stuff like working, school and other things. She was petting Nana, who was on her lap. I watched my cat snuggle close to her and I felt a bit envious. And I could've sworn I saw my own cat smirking at me and then snuggling even closer to her! I'm not crazy! I swear I saw Nana do that!

 

Ahem... anyways, where was I? Okay so we talked for like hours and she explained to me about how to take care of pets and stuff. It wasn't really interesting to me, but she was just too cute to ignore. 

 

"Sooyoung-ssi.." I started.

 

"Just Sooyoung is fine."

 

"Okay. Sooyoung, why did you want to be a vet? Out of all the professions out there."

 

She had an unreadable face on her, but then she smiled.

 

"I want to repay favors."

 

"Favors?"

 

"You see, I'm an orphan. My no good father left my family when I was a child and my mother died when I was young." She explained. I was speechless. This girl is really strong for someone who has gone through so much.

 

"I was adopted by this nice couple shortly after and they've always taken good care of me. At first I wanted to be something big like a doctor or a lawyer, but as I grew older I realized I liked taking care of animals a lot. My adoptive parents had this dog that they took really great care of, but then something bad happened to him when I was around 17. The vets at that time were pretty bad since the pet culture isn't exactly very popular here in South Korea. The poor thing died and my parents got really upset. After that I wanted to become one of the best vets in South Korea so then no one will ever feel the pain of watching your own pet die because of something that could have been prevented." By the time she finished she had some tears in her eyes. I don't know why but seeing her cry really made me feel weird. I reach forward and wiped her tears away with my thumbs. 

 

"You will become a top vet." I said seriously.

 

She chuckled and wiped away her tears on her sleeves.

 

"Thank you Unnie."

 

"You're welcome."

 

We sat in silence. That is until she started another conversation.

 

"So..."

 

"So what?" I asked.

 

"So... why do you want to be a doctor?"

 

"Oh. Aha... believe it or not, we're actually quite similar." I giggled.

 

"How so?" She replied cutely by pouting a bit. Oh my god. I want to pinch her cheeks. 

 

"Well, I'm actually an orphan. My parents died in a car accident when I was young. After that, my aunt Kahi took care of me but I knew that I couldn't depend on her forever so I wanted to become a doctor. I want to save as many lives as possible because I never want a child to grow up without a mother or father."

 

I looked at her and she looked really shy. I wonder why.

 

"Wow.. unnie. That's really cool." She mumbled shyly. 

 

"Thank you."

 

"Can I be honest with you?" I asked.

 

"Of course."

 

"Before Lizzy, I actually hated dogs."

 

"Really?"

 

I nodded and continued.

 

"My parents were killed in a car accident because of a dog. Since then I've resented dogs. But Lizzy proved to me that not all dogs are bad."

 

"I'm proud of my baby then." She smiled.

 

We made eye contact and stared at each other. Ugh. I feel so weird. I could tell she was nervous, but so was I. I leaned forward to get closer to her, but then Lizzy barked.

 

"Woof~"

 

The two of us looked at Lizzy and saw the cute dog wagging her tail.

 

"What's wrong girl?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"Is she hungry?" I asked.

 

"Maybe. I guess I'll bring her home now." She sighed.

 

What? No! I don't want her to leave yet.

 

"Oh.. uh.. yeah." I said.

 

"Come on Lizzy. It's time to go home." 

 

"Woof~"

 

Lizzy walked up to her owner and rubbed her leg. It was a cute sight to see, an animal lover playing with a dog she has lost for like a week. Suddenly Lizzy walked to me and rubbed my leg. I was surprised and looked at Sooyoung, who nodded and ushered me to hold the beagle. I lifted the dog up so that we were face to face.

 

"Lizzy-ah. You're going home now. Thank you saving me and thank you for changing my opinions of dogs." I kissed the canine and she my face in return. When I finished, I handed the dog back to her real owner. 

 

"Goodbye Unnie."

 

"Wait... is there.. uh.. any way.. I can like... you know... contact you?" I stuttered. God I must look like such a dork right now.

 

She thought for a second and then took out a card.

 

"This is the animal clinic that I work at. It's opened 7 days a week."

 

"Oh. Thanks. I can take Nana there if she ever gets sick."

 

"I'll even give you a discount." She joked.

 

~~

 

It has been two weeks since Lizzy went back to live with her original owner, but I can't get Park Soooyoung out of my head. At this rate I'm going to go crazy. It's 10 in the morning on Sunday. Looking at Nana, I could tell she was bored.

 

"Nana!" I called out.

 

My cat lifted her head and blinked at me with an un-amused expression. She's really like me. Damn.

 

"Nana, let’s go to the vet. It's time for a checkup!" I told her.

 

I'm not sure if Nana was scared because I looked uncharacteristically enthusiastic or she understood what I said because the next thing I knew, she jumped off the bed and ran out my room for dear life.

 

"Yah!! Nana get back here!" I screamed as I chased my cat with her cage in my hand.

 

~~

 

After about 40 minutes of hide and seek, I finally caught my cat. She was reluctantly put in her cage. I walked to the car and put her on the passenger seat then started driving to the clinic where Lizzy worked. 

 

Since Sundays are rather slow, I opened the door and there were only about 2 people there. I couldn't find Lizzy so I wandered around.

 

I felt lost but then I heard a familiar voice.

 

"Okay so your cat is fine. I gave her this injection that will stimulate her digestive system and make her want to eat. Give her 2 or 3 days and she should start eating again. If she continues to not eat or continues to vomit and lose weight, please come back." I heard her explain to the owners of the cat.

 

"Thank you." The owner bowed.

 

"You're welcome" Lizzy said and gave the lady one of her breathtaking smiles.

 

"Just go outside and hand the receptionist your bill. Since this is your first time here I'll give you a 20% discount."

 

"You are too kind." The woman put her cat back into its cage and walked outside. I saw Sooyoung cleaning up several papers and ran out before she saw me. I didn't want her to think I was some creep.

 

"Are there any more patients for the day?" I heard Sooyoung ask her assistant. 

 

"Uhm... yes. One."

 

"Who is she or he?"

 

"Im Jin Ah."

 

"Hi Sooyoung" I greeted the two.

 

"Hello Unnie. I see you finally decided to visit. Is something wrong with Nana?"

 

"I'm just giving her a checkup."

 

"Follow me this way then."

 

I followed her into a room and gently put Nana's cage down.

 

"Alright Nana, let’s see how you're doing." 

 

Sooyoung started inspecting Nana and I could tell my cat was annoyed with me. I'm not sure is it because I'm going crazy or because my cat, Nana, is evil because I saw Nana act so cute around Sooyoung. The whole time she was rubbing her head around Sooyoung's hand, her and doing tricks! 

 

"You're so cute Nana." Sooyoung cooed.

 

I pouted and Nana stuck her tongue at me.

 

This cat oh my god.

 

"So, Nana seems to be in perfect condition." Sooyoung told me when she finished looking at Nana. 

 

"That's great. Come on Nana." I put Nana back into her cage.

 

"Unnie how've you been?"

 

"I'm been doing fine. You?"

 

"Pretty good."

 

There was an awkward silence so I decided to bring something else up.

 

"How's Lizzy?"

 

"She's great. Really hyper and active as usual."

 

"That's good."

 

"You should come visit her sometimes."

 

"Maybe"

 

She walked me to the front desk so I could pay.

 

Oh my god!! It's like $200 to give your cat a checkup! That's ridiculous!! Maybe I should change my major because they're making so much just for checking a pet, even when the animal has no problems!

 

I paid, but Lizzy gave me 50% off. She's just so sweet.

 

I was happily talking to her because there weren't other people today, but then I saw a guy get behind her and hug her. I frowned at the sight and glared at the man. Nana was doing the same.

 

"Aish! Myungsoo. I told you to stop that!" Sooyoung yelled.

 

"Get used to it already." This Myungsoo guy replied. Don't you tell her to get used to it! You shouldn't be touching her! Argh!

 

"Whatever. Myungsoo, this is my friend, Jin Ah. She's the one who found Lizzy."

 

"Nice to meet you Jin Ah." Myungsoo reached out his hand and I gently shook his hand.

 

Myungsoo started talking to Sooyoung about some vet stuff, which was like another language to me. I decided it was time to leave so I quietly left to avoid disturbing them. I walked to my car and put Nana on the passenger seat. I was about to drive off, but then I saw Sooyoung run to me.

 

She stopped and gasped for air.

 

"Why did you run?" I asked, confused.

 

"W-Why did you leave without saying goodbye?" She asked me back and pouted.

 

"I didn't want to bother you." I murmured.

 

"It's not a bother! Trust me! It's not like I was busy."

 

"W-well, I wanted to give you time with your boyfriend."

 

"Boyfriend? Myungsoo?" The next thing I knew, Sooyoung just started laughing.

 

"Ahahaha... me and myung. Oh my god... I can't."

 

"You two aren't dating?" I asked. I sounded a bit too happy.

 

"We're not. Why? Were you jealous?" She teased, but I looked dead serious. She stopped laughing and looked at me. We made eye contact but neither of us spoke. I gently pushed her to my car's windshield and trapped her between my arms.

 

"What would you do if I told you I was?" I whispered into her ear.

 

"......"

 

Oh crap. Good going Im Jin Ah. You just scared the crap out of someone that you might be crushing on.

 

She bit her lip and blushed. !! She's so innocent looking but also so hot.

 

She hugged me and whispered into my ear.

 

"Then I'd say you shouldn't be jealous because I'm yours." I'm guessing she was trying to sound seductive, but she just ended up sounding awkwardly adorable.

 

Did she just say what I think she did?  

 

I looked at her lips and started to move closer. She closed her eyes and just before our lips touched...

 

"Woof~"

 

Gah!! Every freaking time!

 

I glared at the dog and saw a woman walking a dog and looking at us surprised. The dog looked oddly familiar.

 

Sooyoung opened her eyes and looked to the direction I was staring and quickly got flustered.

 

"Wow Soo. I didn't know you had this kind of relationship." The woman said.

 

"B-Be quiet Joo Unnie."

 

"It's alright. I don't judge. I'll just go back to walking Lizzy. Carry on you two. Just make sure you do the hardcore stuff at home."

 

"Lee Jooyeon!!!" Sooyoung shouted.

 

"Ahaha.. bye Soo! Bye Soo's hot girlfriend." This Jooyeon girl said and walked away with Lizzy, leaving only Sooyoung and me in an awkward atmosphere.

 

"Uhm Unnie.. c-can I go n-now?" She asked.

 

"Nope" I grinned.

 

"Why not?" She pouted.

 

"Because..." I smirked.

 

She looked at me and couldn't even react because I swiftly placed my lips on hers.

 

The End

 

Happy Belated Birthday to Nana! <3 #NANA23DAY. I was going to update yesterday but my bunny died and I wasn't feeling well >: But I updated now! Sorry if this ended up being kinda crappy. Thank you to those who voted, commented and even upvoted. *bows*

Once again I'm sorry to anyone who read this when it was first updated >:

Word Count: 5863

Feeling: tired as hell

Once again, Happy Belated Birthday to

After School's model, ice princess, chic doll, visual, vocalist, main dancer and rapper.

JungHi's favorite child and Park Lizzy's other half :3


 cr:s2yumissyous2