The bitter taste of betrayal

Caught in between

For a few seconds I was in shock but, afterwards, I became really really angry so, without being in complete control of my actions, I slapped Chanyeol's left cheek hard:

" Who do you think you are? You don't know me! Every time I am trying to tell you something you retort harshly and make me feel dumb. Who are you to not trust me? If I said I wasn't dating Chen then sure as hell I wasn't doing it. I AM NOT A LIAR AND YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE AND TREAT ME THE WAY YOU WANT...AND SURE AS HELL YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO FORGET I HAVE FEELINGS TOO. " I said without noticing that I started crying.

I saw that he looked like he regretted what he did but, at that moment, I didn't even care about his feelings. I just hate to be used and treated like an object. I don't care if he's Chanyeol and I don't care if I like him or not. Nobody does that to me without having to pay for it so I'm not sorry that I slapped him!

I looked one more time at Chanyeol and Chen and, after that, I ran trying to find Hamin. However, it seems like this wasn't the luckiest day of my life because, instead of finding my best friend I ran straight into one poor guy that was just trying to find his way trough the almost to full hallway.

"Yah look where you walk"I heard a familiar voice

"Sorry" I said through sobs.

I raised my head and I saw Xiumin who was looking worried at me.

"Areum what happened? OH MY GOD you are crying. Oh oh please don't cry!" He tried to wipe my tears with his thumbs but his kind attitude only made me cry harder.

" Baby don't cry" , he said and hugged me.

The entire hallway was looking at me and Xiumin but I couldn't care less. I needed a hug and Xiumin was the one who hugged me so I'll forever be thankful for that day.

" People are staring " I feel disappointed by his words but he continued:

" We need to take you out of here. You need some fresh air."

I slowly nodded and headed to the yard. There was this place where I always go when I'm sad or I just want to be alone. When we arrived I wasn't crying anymore but I wasn't felling good either.I felt hurt but nothing hurt phisically ...nothing except my heart.

He looked so frustrated, like he wanted to do something to comfort me but he didn't know what. In the end he gave me his billion dollar smile.

" Now now Areum sshi, tell Xiuminnie what's wrong" he said while doing aegyo.

I couldn't help but smile. I knew this guy for just two days but he already told me his secret and now he's here with me trying to make me fell better even if he doesn't have to do that.

" Now, now, tell me what is your problem. Maybe a boy? Oh you can tell your love problems to Xiumin, The love doctor. You know, I am quite skilled in this field." He took a pause and the continued:

" Well not really....ok ok, I won't lie...not at all"

He was soooo cute I started to fell better already.

"Yeah is a boy, an idiotic one ...and there is his brother....his friend ....and my friend ....And I hate being used "I said even if I know my words didn't even made any sense.

" You see, boys are really stupid....well , except me , of course, I am just amazing. Well, given the fact that boys are stupid you can't really expect them to understand that their actions or their words can be confusing and can hurt your feelings very bad. Don't take it too serious cake."

"But Xiumin-sshi if you were a girl and then those stupid guys would kiss you just to prove each other that you do or don't like them how would you react ? And all this happened because your stupid friend."

" I would kill those bastards. I mean HELLO, my skin is precious. How dare they kiss it like that. Do I look that easy on them? Oh those bitc.... they are so dead"

I started to laugh

"Thanks Xiumin-shhi ...for making me fell better. It means a lot really"

" Ay ay ay...this is ok, really. So, now that you are fine, tell me who are the bastards that I will kill today." He said with a sweet smile.

Just then Chanyeol and Chen appeared right beside us.

"What are you doing here ...Wasn't enough what you did earlier?If you come to apologize I'm sorry but I can't... what you did I mean you used me to prove each other who was cooler. Especially you Chen ...I didn't expect you to do that" I said as the smile on my face faded.

" Oh so you are the two idiots that make poor Areum cry. Aigoo, Park Chanyeol sshi, guess that kinga personality suits you really well. I know that you, the popular ones, are usually jerks but come one, it's pathetic that you stepped so low. Hurting a girls feelings and use her like she is some kind of object just because you wanted to prove your point...You really make me sick."

If you ever read those fairytales when the prince comes on a white horse and saves the powerless girl you can imagine what I'm talking about...Xiumin was my prince at that moment ...well without a horse but still a prince He was there to help me with the idiot brothers and I think right now I understand his fangirls: he's flawless!

" And who are you to her? Huh? Some kind of over protective boyfriend? Nice one Areum. You go with Chen on a lunch date, but see Xiumin behind his back. What a nice girl the two of you had chose".

" You...you are stupid, right Chanyeol? She is not my girlfriend, she is my FRIEND, and FRIENDS care about each other.So, if you are going to say false stupidities about her again I swear I will poison your food or sneak into your house and kill you while you are sleeping"

I never thought Chanyeol could speak those words .I can't believe I actually liked him now I HATE HIM. I wanted to slap him again but I hold back and leaved the three guys because I just wanted to be alone.I was feeling like crap and all that thanks to Hamin and her stupid Cupid actions!!

As I arrived to class, Dragon Wu just came for our Math lesson. The rest of the day I just sat in my place, refusing to talk with my class mates. I didn't have the courage to look at the back of the class, where was Chen's place because I was afraid that seeing him will make me remember the things that happened at lunch and I will start crying.

Finally the school finished. I just wanted to arrive home so I can take a long bath and thensleep so I can forget this stupid day. Just as I stared to walk towards the bus station someone called my name. I was startled at first and as I turned around to see who called me I was surprised to see that the one who called me was no other than Chen.

" What do you want?" I asked rather harshly.

" I just wanted to apologize...not just because my brother is a jerk and and idiot but because I should have stand for you when he started saying those things. It was me the one who was supposed to have protected you right then, not Xiumin. And it's not just that. Is the fact that I am stupid and useless, I shouldn't have let him kiss you in the first place."

"Yeah you are right... you are an idiot. I thought we are friends but you proved me wrong. I'm disappointed Chen " I said harshly but I could feel my heart warming a bit hearing his words.

"I guess I am not as smart I believe but,  but, in my defence, after you and Xiumin left I fought with Chanyeol. Well, if I must be honest about this, I kind of ...got beaten but it does not matter"

After hearing his words I looked at him and, indeed, a big purplish bruise was located on his right cheek.

"Omo oppa are you ok ?!!!"

I was so startled to see his bruise. Now I didn't fell any anger towards Chen all may anger is directed towards Chanyeol. 

"Aigoo oppa what should I do in order to make you feel better? Take care of your bruise? Cook you dinner? Oppa please tell me!"

"Let's go get an ice cream first"

I wanted an ice cream too so I accepted his offer.He looked at me an smiled.

" And you are making me dinner afterwards"