Chapter 1

Wounded Past

 

FLASHBACK

 

*****

 

 

“My name is Sandara Park, you can call me Dara. I’m a transferred from Busan, nice to meet you all I hope we can be good friends” a girl with long wavy hair said while smiling bright.

“Alright class, anyone got a question for Miss Park?” Mr. Lee asked the class.

All eyes on class focused on her and she started to sweat. Damn, just get it over already. Just don’t ask about...

It’s unusal to have a transferred student thinking how it’s only been a month after school started. Did she get herself into trouble? Nah, she looked too good for that. Beautiful face, petite body, milky white skin, and not to mention,  a very bright smile.

A boy with both eyes can be compared to a panda raised his hand. “Umm... How old are you?”

She released a relief sigh after hearing the question. “I’m 16 this year”

“Really? I’m an acceleration student and I’m only 15, can I call you noona then? I’m Lee Seunghyun by the way, but they all called me Seungri since I have the same first name with the big gorilla there” the panda boy grinned then pointed to a big boy with thick eyebrows in the corner of the class.

This panda boy is so cute. Maybe we can be friends. She then gave him a smile.

“Sure thing, Seungri”

Then a girl with chubby cheeks and a very long hair raised her hands. “Your skin looks so smooth. What’s your secret? Do you eat corn everyday? I knew it! Corn is good for the skin!”

Dara’s eyes were widen before she bursted out laughing. “W-w-what? I don’t know that corn is good for the skin but thanks for letting me know” Dara said with a twinkle of amusement in her eyes.

So far so good. Everyone here seems so friendly.

“Why did you transfer here?”

Dara’s smile froze.That was the question she prayed all night before, hoping that it will not being asked. Because she doesn’t know how to answer to that. Or more like, she doesn’t want to answer.

She turned her head to the source of the voice. It was a brown haired boy who sit in the corner of the class, beside the big gorilla (or so Seungri said). The boy was still intently stared at her, waiting for an answer. Dara searched his eyes and found nothing but pure curiousity.

Of course there’s nothing judgmental in his eyes. He doesn’t know...

Dara her lips before giving him an answer, “I guess I just need something new. I live in Busan for all my life and I think I’m getting bored”

“Ah, I see” the boy nodded then smiled at her.

“Alright class, you can get to know Miss Park later. Miss Park, have a seat. Take any vacant seat you fancy. Now let’s get started with our subject, remember that we have a lot to catch up because I wasn’t present last week”  

Dara bowed to the teacher then started to roam her eyes, searching for any vacant seat.

“Dara, you can sit with me!” the chubby girl whom Dara think has a special fondness towards corns waved her hands at her.

Dara walked to the chubby girl and take a seat beside her.

“Hi, I’m Park Bom. Just call me Bom. We have a same surname, and you are also pretty like me. I think we are a long lost sister! Aiyooo” Dara chuckled watching how Bom talked. She’s so comical.

“Yeah you both are. But I bet Dara unnie is nothing near violent as you are” a bob haired girl in front of her turned around and gave Dara a smile after raised her eyebrows at Bom.

“Excussssssssee meeeee?” Bom shrieked in her seat.

“Hi Dara unnie I’m Minji. I’m..”

“Yah, yah” Bom cutted in.

“I’m Chaerin! Unnie I hope you are okay sitting with the Bominator. You can always ask me to change seat with you anyways, I’m already used to her ummm violent acts” the blonde girl beside Minji who had turned around too gave her a handshake.

“YAH! WHY ARE YOU ALL IGNORING ME?!!” Bom yelled unknowingly and attract the class’ attention.

“What’s going on there?” Mr. Lee asked.

“Nothing, sir” Bom answered with a tight smile.

“Then be quiet” Mr. Lee turned his attention back to the book he was holding.

“Hi to you too Minji, Chaerin. But why are you calling me unnie?” Dara whispered to both of them.

“Because they are acceleration students too, just like Seungri and me. We are all a year younger than you noona” a chinky-eyed boy accross me suddenly joined in to the conversation.

“I’m Daesung by the way” he smiled and Dara thought it’s cute how his eyes were forming a smile too.

“Yah Daesung-ah, mind your own business, it’s a girl talk right now” Bom said while hitting Daesung’s arm with her ruler.

“I pity your future husband, noona” Daesung pouted.

“I know right, but let’s worry about that later. For now, we need to pity her chairmate” Chaerin said playfully.

“Oh you shut up, Chaerin. For as long as I know you are just as violent as I am” Bom hissed at the blonde haired girl.

“Yeah but at least I don’t show my violent side to a person I just met. Dara unnie you sure about this?” Chaerin gave Dara an exaggerated worry face.

“Yah why you! Come here you” Bom leaned in to pull Chaerin’s hair.

“Alright guys stop it now. We don’t want to get kicked out by Mr. Lee, do we?” Dara finally said after seeing that Mr.Lee was giving them a glare.

Dara roamed her eyes, liking how her day started. Her eyes met a pair of brown eyes in the corner of the class. That brown-haired boy. He gave her a smile to which she replied with a smile too. A genuine one, for the first time of that day.

Today is not as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe I can make a lot of friends here and forget everything.....at least for a while.