(Mirotic) Under My Skin

(Mirotic) Under My Skin

Mirotic (Under My Skin)

It was just like her brother to tell her to meet him somewhere, but not show up on time and just like her to show up early anyway so he wouldn’t have to wait. The race track administrator had directed her toward the off-track garage which was a much longer walk that she imagined, ending with her feet scream from having to make the distance in 4 inch heels. The things I do for this boy, she grouched internally trying not to wince from the abuse her poor legs had to endure.

 

As if her suffering wasn’t enough, there was no one in the garage when she arrived and even better, nowhere to sit down so she could rest her aching feet. Note to self: Burn these heels when your reach home, because they are not worth it even if they are pretty, and were bought with money you didn’t have to shell yourself or remind you of –

 

“Can I help you?” It was rude, but Yunho didn’t like people around the cars that weren’t part of his team which definitely wasn’t the leggy brunette leaning against one of them. More important question was who let her into the garage.

 

The suddenness of the query startled Sooyoung out of her dazed enough to stumble ungracefully off the car. And it just keeps getting better, “Oh, Annyeonghasaeyo,” she greeted with a bow, unable to make out any of the man’s features, as the afternoon sun silhouetted him in darkness. “Minho asked me to wait for him here. I’m his sister, he said it would be okay,” shading her eyes to try and get a glimpse of the man, but the harsh light didn’t allow her.

 

“It’s Sooyoung-ssi, right?” Yunho asked for confirmation, remembering Minho telling him that he would be bringing his noona around to introduce her to the team and show her around. It still wasn’t acceptable for her to be there, but he supposed he could forgive the kid for messing up this time since it didn’t bring any harm to the team. “I’m Jung Yunho, the team’s lead racer,” stepping toward her, only for her brown eyes to widen in recognition and for her to step back. It would have been okay, if she didn’t step on the slide that sent her falling backwards.

 

She had expected to feel the pain of her head connecting with the car hood behind her, or her back connecting with the floor, but it never came. Instead she felt strong arms wrapped around her waist to break the fall, which wasn’t any better seeing as the one who saved her was perhaps the last person she ever wanted to meet. Talk about thinking of the devil and he appears, she internally scolded herself, hoping that even if she did recognize him, he didn’t recognize her. Please don’t recognize me.

 

“Gwenchenha?” he asked her, setting her right on her feet. But, her eyes remained screwed shut with a blush dusting her cheeks. There was something eerily familiar about that action, but he couldn’t quite place it. “Sooyoung-ssi, gwenchenha?” he repeated, placing a hand on her shoulder.

 

She knew she couldn’t stay there with her eyes closed looking like an even bigger pabo than she already was, so she willed her eyes open. Letting her eyes flutter open to reveal the concerned handsome face she could never forget even if she tried. Goodness was it possible to look even more handsome in the daylight, “Yes I’m fine, thank you.”

 

“Do we know each other?” He asked when he was assured she was okay, because he couldn’t get over the fact that he knew her from somewhere. Those big brown eyes were too familiar to dismiss.

 

She didn’t lie. She didn’t like lying, so she turned her back to him trying to think of a way out. “Mmm… I don’t think so,” it wasn’t a lie, since they didn’t really know each other. I mean he’d given her the best kiss she’d ever experienced in her life, but know meant familiar with which they weren’t…

 

“Are you sure?” Now, he was suspicious because she was definitely avoiding the question and hiding her face from him as if embarrassed. Brown eyes… where had he seen them before…

 

It was true that the brunette was indeed adorable as Donghae said, forcing a bright but shaky smile on her red face. Even more so when he pulled her close and she crashed into his chest in surprise, big brown eyes looking at him startled as fell open in askance. But, he swallowed any questions she had when he swooped in and captured in a kiss –a slow, deep and breathtaking kiss that seemed to make her eyes flutter closed and knees weak and having him support her completely, only stopping when he was sure he left her breathless.

 

He chuckled to himself, finally understanding her embarrassment.

 

“Hmm…” she didn’t answer in actual words, so it wasn’t a lie right? Please, drop it. For the love of everything good, please don’t let him remember. But, she felt him move closer and could almost feel the dread creeping up her spine.

 

“Okay, raindrop that’s falling for me,” his words spoken in her ear, in gentle amusement. It may have taken a minute with the change of hairstyle, but he definitely would never forget her.

 

And there it was–he remembered her. If the laughter in his voice revealed anything, it was that her embarrassment was fully remembered. “You remember?” it was rhetorical, but she asked anyway turning to face him even if, the most appropriate thing would be curl up in a ball and hide for a century.

 

“Cheesy lines and strawberry flavored lips,” he returned with a lopsided smile, “Of course I remember.” Because, the taste of was engrained in his mind, along with how cute she looked without even trying.

 

Despite fighting it, her cheeks blushed even darker at that and her eyes involuntary went to his lips which she noticed had the most attractive beauty spot just above the right side of his upper lip. Aish, Sooyoung when did you become a ert, tearing her eyes away from the inviting sight. Probably when he kissed you senseless…her subconscious replied. “I didn’t think you would,” she replied settling to look at a spot above his shoulder than his face.

 

With the women he surrounded himself with and went out with –if you could call it that–he’d forgotten women like her existed. He wouldn’t describe it as innocent, but she was a good girl. “We’ll those pretty brown eyes are rather hard to forget,” he informed her, gently taking her chin and turning her face to his. “Don’t be embarrassed, you made a boring night unforgettable.”

 

Did she just blush again? At this rate her face would be red ’til kingdom came and even her dark skin wouldn’t help her there, “I highly doubt that,” forcing the easily charmed pabo to the back burner, trying to regain her sense. He was the dangerous kind of guy, handsome, charming and had a dizzying way with words. A guy she usually stayed away from.

 

“Trust me, Raindrop,” his thumb itching to caress her plump lower lip, but settled for her chin. “You affirmed the fact that strawberry is one of my favorite flavors,” she looked completely shocked by his frankness, probably not used to being told such things point blank.

 

She gulped, because she definitely was doing that thing she wasn’t suppose to do –falling for his intoxicating charm. “You shouldn’t say that when you don’t mean it,” she regained her mushy brain cells and stepped back, because like she said no matter how handsome he was, he was dangerous. “I’m pretty sure your favorite will change depending on the girl in front of you, right?” Space was good, because let’s face it she was already finding him disturbingly attractive.

 

“You think I’m a player,” he chuckled, liking the fact that she had wit and was able to resist him. It made her that much more interesting. He took her in as she put some distance between them, watching long legs exposed by shorts in open admiration. She wasn’t curvaceous, but her slender figure and height appealed to him in its own way. It was only the fact that he was observing her so intently that he noticed the slightest limp in her walk. “You’re feet must hurt, you can come wait in the lounge because knowing Min-yah, he won’t be arriving any time soon.”

 

The irrational part could definitely deduce that him, closed spaces, and his Don Juan tendencies wasn’t advisable for her, being that he probably had the seduction skills of a predator. “Don’t worry about it –”

 

“–Would it help if I promised to keep my hands and lips to myself,” he teased, knowing she was probably refusing just to avoid the possibility of him seducing her. He’ll admit he found her attractive in the most unconventional way, but even he knew messing with a good girl wasn’t advisable especially one related to a colleague.

 

Her eyes narrowed in suspicion, but her feet called for rest so she gave in, trying not to wince and limp too much as she walked, “Since you promised.”

 

“I don’t break promises,” he laughed following her toward the back, “Even though your lips are just begging for it,” he knew he shouldn’t tease, but he couldn’t help it which resulted in her tripping on thin air. How could a grown woman be so cute without forcing aegyo?

 

--~*+*~-:-o-:-~*+*~--

 

To be fair to Yunho, other than the underhanded comment he’d made as he lead her to the lounge, he hadn’t attempted anything. In fact he left Sooyoung alone in the lounge to go work in the garage to the gratitude of her sanity.  What was wrong with her anyway? Wasn’t she the one that usually yelled at the stupid good girl who fell for the slick bad boy while watching a drama? Yet, here she was blushing and tripping all over herself because of said slick bad boy. Tiffany would probably laugh at me for warning her off bad boys if she saw me now.

 

As predicted and expected, her chronically late brother arrived not 20 minutes later with that cute, noona-I’m-so-sorry smile that got her forgiveness faster than anything. But, she had never wished for her brother to be later than that moment, anything to avoid having to face Yunho again especially in front of her little brother.

 

“You already met hyung,” Minho smiled excitedly joining her on the couch. “He’s cool isn’t he? Remember I told you he was the one that scouted me, and is training me here. Even though he’s the lead racer, noona, he always makes time to give me pointers –”

 

Sooyoung couldn’t help but smile at the way here brother was gushing, “Sounds like you have a boy crush,” she injected playfully poking him in his side. It seemed Yunho’s charisma didn’t know gender, if her brother was this star struck and even blushed at the assumption; Definite trouble.

 

“You just don’t know him like I do,” Minho shrugged nonchalantly, knowing he usually went off on a tangent when he talked about his sunbae, especially with his noona who was the only one in the family that understood and supported his love of cars and racing.

 

She didn’t need reasons to see him as more than just a playboy, but then she asked anyway, “He treats you well?”

 

“Yeah, you know he’s firm but fair,” he assured her. “He even gives me advice on how to not get derailed off the track.”

 

Oh heavens no. Was Minho getting love and life advice from a playboy! “Really like what?” keeping a straight face, even though the big sister in her wanted to go out there and give that handsome idiot a piece of her mind for trying to lead innocent Minho astray.

 

“You know, not letting fame get into my head, keeping away from vices like alcohol, drugs and ahem ahem,” even though his noona had long established the fact that he knew about the last one, talking to her about it was still awkward. “He’s a nice guy.”

 

It was surprisingly, unsurprising. Why that was she didn’t know, “I’ll take your word for it.”

 

“Min-yah, you want to impress your sister with you driving skills? I’m sure she’ll want to see that,” Yunho had heard the tail end of the conversation, but decided to keep it to himself. Subtly spying Sooyoung long legs stretched on the couch, his eyes couldn’t resist catching a glance at them.

 

It took the fact that her brother was in the room not to gawk at the man leaning casually on the doorframe, wiping his hands. No she didn’t notice the bulge of his arms each time they flexed from his hands actions, or the definition of his chest and broad shoulders displayed by the vest taut against his body, or the disheveled dark locks sticking every which way in an oddly appealing fashion. No, she didn’t notice at all! “Why not, let’s see what my dongsaeng can do.”

 

Her giddy brother rushing out, and leaving her to don the beautiful creations of pain that were her shoes and walk out behind him. But seeing as Yunho didn’t feel the need to move from the door she was forced to brush past him, well aware that his dark eyes were watching her the entire time in open interest.

 

--~*+*~-:-o-:-~*+*~--

 

The style of racing the TVXQ team did under SM Racing was known as drifting, something new to the South Korean racing world but gaining speed none the less. She didn’t know if what her brother was currently doing on the track was impressive in a professional stand point, but he definitely made a fan girl out of her.

 

“I’m not a bad guy you know,” Yunho told her, after watching the excitement play of her face as she watched her brother for a while. Sure, he liked women and went beyond a kiss with most of them, but they were all willing and accepted those terms. But, he wasn’t a bad guy since he didn’t go after good girls.

 

She looked at him, “Minho seems to like you, so I guess you’re right.” She so wasn’t going to fall for it though, because if she did her attraction would do that stupid thing and become all too real.

 

“You don’t sound convinced,” he pointed out, not knowing why he was even trying to convince her of it. He usually didn’t care what people thought about his love life, but here he was trying to convince the cheesy line, strawberry tasting good girl that he wasn’t all bad when in fact he was pretty terrible in a romantic stand point.

 

She sighed, “Let’s be honest, Yunho-ssi, it doesn’t really matter whether I’m convinced or not, because at the end of the day you are…a player.” The only reason he was even talking to her was that he found her amusing.

 

“Meet me tomorrow,” he knew he was asking for a date, but there was just something about her that made him want more. Just asking was breaking his rules.

 

“What? Why?”

 

“I’m asking you on a date,” he spelled, “Tomorrow at 12p.m, meet me at the main building wear something casual. If you show up, I’ll take it as a yes. If you don’t, I’ll know it’s a rejection of my offer and resign myself to the fact that you think I’m a bad guy.”

 

She was trying to formulate some sort of response, but Minho came bounding up with a smile, “Noona, what did you think?” he questioned hoping he impressed his sister. Yunho took the time to stand from his seat, giving her a playful wink before walking toward the car.

 

--~*+*~-:-o-:-~*+*~--

 

Common sense dictated that she not show up, because guys like Yunho made you fall fast and it always ended with a broken heart. But even if she’d made plans contrary to the date, she found herself picking out a simple fitted tank-dress, jean jacket and ballet flats. And even if she’d made up her mind about it, she found herself in the main building of the race track wondering how her plans for the day had taken a total 180.

 

“Didn’t think you’d show,” Yunho confessed, when he spotted the tall brunette waiting for him in the lobby. When 12p.m he had hit he’d called it a no-show, but at 12.15 the front desk receptionist called up and told him a Choi Sooyoung was waiting at the lobby claiming he was expecting her.

 

She turned around and couldn’t help wonder what had possessed her to actually show up when she saw him. Still devilishly handsome with animal magnetism that would make any woman sway and a smirk tugging his lips that promised he would be on his worst behavior. Aigoo, Sooyoungie, why don’t you run before it’s too late? “Trust me, you aren’t the only one,” the revelation rushing out of her, the closer he got.

 

“Well, I’m not sorry you did,” and he meant it, because unusual as it was he couldn’t get her out of his mind. “Let’s start with a tour,” offering her his arm to take, which she was reluctant to do at first but conceded slipping a hand onto the crook of his arm. “You know, I don’t bite.”

 

She looked at him, “No, your slick tongue just knows how to string smooth words together to entangle women,” she returned, matching his stride as he lead her further into the main building, noting the annoyance on the receptionist face when they walked past her.

 

“Among other things,” he added frankly, feeling her tense and seeing a blush blossom on her cheeks. “But, you seem immune to me so you have nothing to worry about, right?” He was teasing her since he was well aware that he had an effect on her, just that she had the capabilities of fighting it.

 

If only she was immune, it would have been much easier. “Hmm… what are you going to show me first?” Deciding that if she got him talking about racing and cars, he’d eventually bore her to tears and succeeded in weaning out that unhealthy attraction to him.

 

“SM Racing participates in three types of racing and are also pioneers in the field,” He began, pointing out the pictures hanging on the wall as he spoke. “Drag, touring car and Drift racing, the last is the one Minho and my team participate it. Do you know the difference between the three?” He asked wanting to introduce her to his world, but not wanting to bore with too many details.

 

A monologue lecture was what she expected, but instead he was engaging her. “Well Drift is the one Minho was doing yesterday, Drag racing is the straight racing with the parachute and touring car… I have no idea,” her brother usually talked her ear off about cars and racing, but she took in only half of what he was saying. However, touring car was something he hadn’t mentioned or talked about before.

 

“You know much more that I expected,” he complemented; surprised by the fact that she had a clue about what he was talking about especially about Drag racing. “Touring car is a circuit race, meaning going round the track for a pre determined amount of rounds…”

 

She’d been wrong about it getting boring, if anything he made everything seem more interesting than it truly was and despite herself, she was hooked on every word. The history of the sport from its origin to it adaption in the west and other parts of Asia, especially how it came to be in South Korea was long but interesting nonetheless.

 

“…So your team is the first Korean team to break into the Japan circuit professionally,” Sooyoung asked, after hearing his team’s history. She wasn’t supposed to get in, but she was impressed. Going from being at the peak of success in South Korea to amateur level in Japan and rising through the ranks until they were going head to head with home grown talents like ARASHI, KAT TUN and the most successful female team AKB48 that they were almost considered as Japanese racers.

 

“No, the one who actually began the Japanese advancement is Boa, if it wasn’t for her we wouldn’t have thought it was possible,” he clarified, never one to accept compliments he didn’t earn. It truly was Boa that inspired his team to try their hand at the Japanese D1 Grand Prix.

 

That was rather surprising coming from a guy like him, since playboys and bad boys were incredibly conceited and wouldn’t miss an opportunity to beat their chest in male pride. Instead Yunho selflessly directed the praise to the rightful person. “Hmm,” no, she was not going to get swept away, “The view from here is amazing, must cost an arm and leg to buy these seats,” turned her attention to the track, as she took in the view from the luxury box that chaebols occupied during races. As expected the décor was obnoxiously expensive to cater to the spoilt brats, complete with a gorgeous and unobstructed view of the track.

 

“True,” he agreed, using the opportunity to close the space between them, daring to trap against the railing by placing hands on either side of the rail. Making sure he was close enough for her to note his presence without having to touch her. “But, in the case of Drifting it’s better to be closer to the action,” words whispered into her ear, that caused the slightest of shivers from her.

 

The scent of his cologne was overwhelming, especially the subtle body heat escaping his chest heating her back. Knowing him, he was probably well aware that his presence affected her greatly and was using it to his advantage and she was stupid enough to get herself cornered. “Why’s that?” Oh why did you ask? Because his breath was still tickling her ear, she didn’t need him speaking in that silky voice of his.

 

“Because Drifting is all about stunts,” he explained, knowing she was on edge and stiff as a board, but surprised that she still dared to ask him questions. “How fast the racer comes in and out of the drift, how close it gets to the wall or clipping point, the turning of the tires, and the smoke in the air…”

 

He was talking about a car, but his tone and way of speaking made it seem so much more seductive that it should be. She could practically feel her face heat up and palms getting sweaty, “Sounds dangerous,” the situation she found herself was dangerous, practically a sitting duck in his seduction game. Don’t fall for it, pabo. Don’t let him get to you!

 

“Well that’s part of the thrill,” her tone was breathless and unsteady, meaning he was succeeding. But, he doubted she’d give in that easy. “Breathtaking close calls and impossible misses, that make your heart beat faster and adrenaline flow through your veins.”

 

Her knees felt weird and she swallowed hard, think pabo! Escape before he does something more drastic, like kissing you! But, just as she was anticipating and dreading what would come next, he stepped away from her freeing her.

 

“Come on, we’ve got one last stop to make,” gently threading his fingers through hers, and tugging her out of the room. Usually it would have been the moment he turned the girl around and kissed her ending in a pleasurable time for both, but as cliché as it was Sooyoung was different. He was going to kiss her, because Yunho admitted it was hard keeping his lips to himself around her, but not just yet. “Unless, you are tired of course,” he ventured to ask, since she remained silence walking beside him not even trying to tug her hand free.

 

All she could think about was the fact that he had pretty gorgeous hands, large with unbelievably long fingers, not to mention slightly rough against her softer palm. Why can’t you be a jerk, you seductive snake! Why did you have to be sort of decent! “No, no, lead the way,” she needed to remain level headed.

 

--~*+*~-:-o-:-~*+*~--

 

Being a childhood friend and one of his best friends, Kwon Boa was well aware that Yunho was an unrepentant ladies man who managed to seduce women as easy as he won races. But, never –and she meant never –had he brought one of his many women down to the garage, and one who didn’t look like she was ready to jump him should he ask. The one he was currently entwining fingers with was pretty, but much too straight laced to be the usual race chaser or flavor-of-the-week. Has he finally fallen? The scenario was almost to cliché to imagine.

 

“Annyeong, Boa,” he greeted the petite woman with a lopsided grin who was clearly judging him and assessing his guest. She had never encouraged his ‘womanizing’ ways, but had long since given up telling him otherwise, but that didn’t mean she never gave him the eyes. “This is Choi Sooyoung, Min’s sister”

 

In the pictures, the woman had looked larger than life; she wouldn’t have imagined the Kwon Boa was the beautiful petite brunette before her. “It’s nice to meet you, Boa-ssi,” she greeted respectfully with a bow.

 

“Nice to meet you too, Minho never stops bragging about you,” Oh brother, was Yunho really messing with a team mate’s sister, Minho’s beloved noona, nonetheless? Now, she really hoped it was that cliché moment, because she would personally beat him silly if he messed with this woman.

 

Sooyoung laughed, “He tends to exaggerate,” only able to image the things he said about her.

 

“Do you get motion sickness,” Yunho asked seemingly out of the blue, pulling on a pair of racing gloves rejoining the two women after momentarily disappearing.

 

Sooyoung couldn’t help pale and look at him apprehensively, “Why?” Because, him asking didn’t seem to bode well for her.

 

Being in the passenger seat while Yunho took her round the track, drifting at every turn wasn’t as terrifying as she thought it would be. If anything it was exhilarating if you got over the heart in mouth moment when drifted deathly close to the wall, but slide past it with a whisker of space and no scratches. The shift and clutching was quick, but fluid as he changed the speed depending on the stunt. Perhaps the most exciting thing he’d done that had her hooting in joy and him laughing in excitement was the doughnut.

 

Yunho would admit that the reason he took her out for a spin was to impress her, but it ended up impressing him instead. For one she was terrified at the beginning and closed her eyes whenever he drifted too close to the wall, but when she enjoyed something he did, she would laugh out loud without abandon. She was a woman who didn’t play games and wore her emotions on her sleeve, which he wasn’t used to but didn’t mind at all.

 

“If he hurts her, I’m so beating his ,” Boa told Donghae and Changmin, who’d joined her to watch the spectacle Yunho put on just for Sooyoung. He was her best friend, but going after a girl who could surely break should he get tired of her was not something she wasn’t going to tolerate. The bimbos he played with always knew the score and were well aware that any relationship with Yunho was for the very short term.

 

Changmin chuckled knowing Boa could probably do it, but Yunho never actively went after girls like Sooyoung so he might surprise them. That and he never set out to break hearts to begin with, “I think Minho will run the guy over five times over before you get to him.” Kid loved his sister a lot.

 

--~*+*~-:-o-:-~*+*~--

 

The problem with the date as far as Sooyoung was concerned, it was a roller coaster. He’d lure her –where intentionally or unintentionally –into a sense of safety, before pulling the rug from under her by being dangerously seductive.

In an embarrassing turn of events, her stomach gave a rather loud growl of hunger which amused him rather than turn him off. Hence their current location outside his suite/office, with her hand in his and blushing because of its implications.

 

“Joohyun-ssi, please hold all my calls for the rest of the day unless it’s an emergency,” Yunho told his personal assistance, accepting the messages she already had on hand for him. “If anything needs to be handled get Siwon or Changmin.” Most would have laughed at the thought of a womanizer like him could have a pretty PA, but he’d never seen her seen her as more that a sister. She just wasn’t his type. “Oh this is Choi Sooyoung, Minho’s noona. I’m sure he’s told you a lot about her.”

 

Well that explains it, because the only women who came to the suite were his sister, mother and Boa even though she was well aware of his Casanova tendencies. So it was rather surprising to Joohyun that he brought a girl back here. She was certainly pretty, but didn’t possess the characteristic Yunho’s usual women had, “N-Ne annyeonghasaeyo,” she greeted with a smile, despite her thoughts.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo,” Sooyoung managed to greet, before Yunho pulled her into the office and she went willingly despite herself, not even understanding how and why she was holding hands –entwined fingers and all –with Yunho.

 

The room was cavernous and airy, only slightly chilly probably for the a/c left on to chill the room. Lucky for her the bed wasn’t anywhere in sight, because her nerves were already on edge without having to see that particular piece of furniture with a bona fide seducer with her alone in the room. No the vast room was furnished to serve primarily as an office, a ridiculously large one, but an office none the less.

 

“So are we ordering in?” she asked to fill the silence, watching the shades open to reveal the breathtaking view. The entire action automated and controlled by remote control. Her legs moving toward the ceiling to floor glass panel to get a better look

 

Yunho had thought about ordering something from the kitchen, but decided against it. “No, actually I’m going to cook,” flipping through the messages Joohyun had handed him to make sure nothing required his urgent attention.

 

“Chinha?” Sooyoung couldn’t help let go of a disbelieving laugh at that, because he seemed like the type of guy who could burn water and he was going to cook? Her attention once again on the tall man, who looked confident as he smiled at her, not offended by her disbelief.

 

He expected surprise, but charmed when he told her. Instead, though, he got amusement and mockery in her eyes. “I may not be the next contestant on Master Chef Korea, but I make decent Seafood Ramen.” At least it was edible, which was the most important thing about food right.

 

“Maybe we should just stick to instant Ramyun instead,” she teased, finally getting the upper hand over him. The whole day he’d been in control and practically remained unaffected, while she stuttered and blushed through it.

 

He could only chuckle as he discarded his jacket and rolled up his sleeves to his elbows, “Then I guess I’ll just have to prove you wrong, by impressing you,” Tying his trusty black apron around his waist, well aware of her eyes watching him in appreciation though she was still mocking him.

 

“Are you sure you can boil water without burning the house down?” She countered, to fight the internal pabo who couldn’t help note that he looked incredible with his shirt rolled to his elbow and the black apron around his waist. Please don’t be a good cook and prove me right! Because that would be another point to him that she wasn’t willing to give.

 

Washing his hands clean, he tried not to get discouraged by her teasing. However, he did like this new teasing side of her, though he enjoyed rendering her speechless, this side of her was undeniably attractive. Brown eyes a lit with mischief and eyebrow raised in sass. “Your faith in me is disappointing, Sooyoung-ssi.”

 

“I’m just saying, it’s not too late consider take-out,” she continued to tease, taking a seat on the opposite side of the island watching him move around the table to gather the needed ingredients. “But with that being said I’m willing to help,” despite coming from a privileged upbringing, learning to cook was one of the things she’d pushed herself to learn and she didn’t mind helping him.

 

He politely rejected her offer, “Anyio, you’re my guest and are not allowed to touch anything,” grabbing the bowl of chilled fruit form the fridge. “You just sit, eat, relax and let me work,” continuing his task of gathering his ingredients.

 

“Alright,” she conceded, half hoping he succeeded and half hoping he failed. “I’ll just wash my hands first,” shedding her jacket, now that the room had begun getting warmer from the initial cool it had been on arrival.

 

He probably should have concentrated on what he was doing, but his eyes couldn’t help stray to the woman. Most women preferred being pale, but he definitely liked the tanned beauty currently in his kitchenette, gaze following the racer-back of her dress as it dipped between her shoulder blades. The snug fit of her dress giving him an ample view of her slight figure, before ending mid thigh and revealing her never ending legs.

 

Sooyoung could feel his intense gaze on her like a phantom touch, which made the fine hairs on her body stand on edge. “So, how long will it take?” Drying her hands, hoping he’d turned his attention back to prepping at her question but she found those dark eyes still on her. He wasn’t even embarrassed about getting caught, just remained confidently staring at her. She could feel that stupid blush rising at his heated gaze; could you not blush like a teenager? Get a grip, Syoung!  “Are you going to look at me or start cooking, because it’s rude to keep your guests waiting,” despite her confident words, her hand came up to rub the back of her neck in a nervous action.

 

“I can’t help that you’re such a tempting distraction,” he answered truthfully, not one to lie when he liked something. Besides, he was caught looking and he wasn’t going to deny that she was distracting in the best why possible.

 

Aigoo, how could such a cheesy line like that still make her heart race? “Tch, well I’d like to eat somewhere in this century, Yunho-ssi, so you’re just going to have to bear it,” she said it with a confidence level she didn’t quite possess, but it helped that he tore his eyes from her so she could walk without being under his scrutiny.

 

“It will take less than half an hour,” he set to work. “Don’t worry you’ll get fed, princess,” sneaking a glance at her, as she retook her seat once again and began snacking on the fruit he’d given her.

 

If there was one thing she always told her friends she found undeniably alluring about a man, it was a man who could cook and it wasn’t really the shikshin in her talking. It didn’t even have to be a complicated dish; execution of a simple dish impressed her. Yunho’s knife skills weren’t outstanding, but the care and concentration he took to preparing the necessary ingredient entranced her.

 

“Sooyoung-ssi,” he called out to her gently, as she watched him with unhidden fascination and intensity that made even a seasoned ladies man like him nervous. “Maybe you should take a tour of the office while I prepare the food?” Okay, maybe it was just her brown eyes that were able to do that to him but, he needed to concentrate to make the dish at least edible.

 

Her eyebrows furrowed at the suggestion, because she couldn’t recall looking bored nor did she sigh or complain while watching him. In fact she was more than content watching him work, “No, I’m fine here.”

 

“I’m not though.”

 

Well she hadn’t considered him being the one with the problem, “Wae?” She’d been quiet and hadn’t even like she had wanted to about his amateur dicing skills.

 

“It’s just…” he began, looking at her worried eyes. “You don’t know what your eyes do to me,” he confessed in all honesty, watching her eyes widen and gulp at the tone of his voice –it wasn’t exactly subtle.

 

She didn’t need any prompting as she got off her stool, practically stumbling to get away. That deeper, huskier tone combined with the slightest flicker of his eyes to her lips as they darkened, promised things she definitely wasn’t ready for, “I-I-I can’t get over this view, it’s quite something,” it wasn’t a lie, because it was breathtaking.

 

“It’s panoramic,” It was one of the reasons he’d accepted the executive position apart from his racing and instructing obligation. The office was such an underhanded bribe on their part, but he couldn’t deny loving it. Besides that, it gave him authority to do more for his division of racing under SM. “The only place it doesn’t get is the street out front and parking lot.”

 

She hummed, imagining how much more beautiful it would look at night with the water from the Han River and the Seoul skyline further in the horizon. However, she moved away from it toward the cabinet that held quite a few trophies and awards. “Do you speak Japanese?” noting most were from the D1 Grand Prix, ranging from 1st place to 3rd place. “It seems you’ve spent a lot of time there, so speaking the language must come in handy.”

 

“Yes, I’d like to think I’m fluent,” he faked conceit, continuing with his cooking.

 

It was arrogant of him, but she was learning not to underestimate him, “Really, should I test you on that claim, Yunho-san?” Having lived in Tokyo for a portion of time, she’d picked up the language as well and was helping her brother do the same since he was set to follow TVXQ’s footsteps and make it big in Japan.

 

“Onegai, Sooyoung-san,” he challenged, taking his eyes off the food to watch her reaction which as expected was affronted, but determined.

 

Her mind ticked away wondering how to test him, “Anata wa ibatteiru desu.”

 

“I’m more confident than arrogant, Sooyoung-san,” he corrected. Okay, sometimes he came off as cocky, but that was on the race track. Off the track he preferred leaving the bravado on the track. “How long did it take you to learn,” he returned to Korean, already aware that she was a fluent speaker from the many times Minho told him about his noona helping him with his Japanese.

 

“When I arrived there I only knew how to say was arigato gozaimasu, ohayo and hai,” it had been terrifying travelling alone and having nothing but an electronic translator and three phrases in your vocabulary. But, the more she travelled back and forth, it became easier. “I’d say a year and a half with reference and 2 years without, but I continue learning.”

 

Plating the noodles and broth into two generous bowls, he prepared the toppings and found two pairs of chopsticks and spoons. “Foods ready,” he announced, deciding the island was more intimate than the dining area.

 

“If I get food poisoning from this, I’m sending you the hospital bills,” she warned good-naturedly but took a seat anyway. She was hungry enough to eat anything, even if it was only slightly edible. For what it was worth though, it smelt incredible.

 

He sniggered, “If you do, I’ll personally nurse you back to health,” meaning every single word even though his tone was teasing, taking the seat next to her. He doubted his cooking was bad enough to send her to the hospital. Despite what many thought of him, he was religious and took the same time as she did to pray, whether she was praying for the food to be edible or just saying grace he wasn’t sure.

 

“Here goes nothing,” she sighed, mixing in the toppings well with her chopsticks before taking the first bite. The entire time Yunho watched her tentatively, obviously wondering what she thought of it, but she purposely chewed slowly just to keep him on edge which seemed to be working.

 

He bit his lower lip watching her, for the first time she managed to keep her expression neutral as she chewed painstakingly slowly. Yes, he was usually confident, but cooking was new to him. It didn’t help that her lips were looking inviting, as she finally swallowed, “Verdict out of 10?”

 

“4,” she answered when his eyes moved from her lips to her eyes. The answer seemed to put him out, “The broth is good, but the noodles are kind of soggy,” she answered truthfully, if he’d gotten everything right she would have been suspicious about it. But, it was one minor thing though so he shouldn’t he too embarrassed.

 

Of course she’d hate it, but he laughed because he liked her honesty and her attempt to make him feel better for her low critic, “You are really bad for a guy’s ego.” Come on, 4? She could have at least added a .5 right?

 

“Hey, I’m surprised you managed an edible, when I was expecting a disaster,” was her defense against his claim. She stood by it too, because God was fair. One couldn’t have everything! In fact god was generous with him because he was a walking magnet of near perfection.

 

If he were vain that would have probably destroyed his ego, but he wasn’t that vain and was aware that his talents were somewhat lacking in the cooking area. “Okay princess, I’ll take the 4 like a man,” he gave up, getting a small smile as she continued eating his edible meal.

 

--~*+*~-:-o-:-~*+*~--

 

The sun was just about to disappear into the horizon, and the two of them sat on a cozy loveseat watching the sun set, something unintentionally romantic that Yunho would admit not planning. Then again, most of the date had been spontaneous and he honestly hadn’t meticulously planned it.

 

As it changed from noon to night, the temperature as well dropped but not enough to warrant turning on the heater. Instead Yunho remedied the chill that caught Sooyoung, by bringing her a warm throw-blanket before proceeding to make them both hot chocolate they could have with the cake he’d bought earlier in the day in case she showed up.

 

Sooyoung was well aware that the later it got, the more dangerous it was to stay with Yunho. Was he someone who would take advantage of her? No, he wasn’t that type of guy, but he had that potent charm that was intoxicating. The dim lighting, soft ballads playing in the background, beautiful view and cozy couch were only advantages to him, yet there she was still seating waiting for him to return with cake and hot chocolate.

 

“So, would you like chocolate or strawberry?” he asked, balancing the large mugs of chocolate and two plates of cake easily.

 

“I thought strawberry was your favorite flavor,” she challenged even though she was more of a chocolate person anyway. Were his words yesterday just a smooth attempt at flattery?

 

He smiled boyishly, “It is, especially on your lips,” yes, he was risking her running for the door, but he couldn’t help it, she just walked right into that one. “I may be a lot of things, but I’m still a gentleman and offer the lady first pick.”

 

“You’re unbelievable,” accepting the mug he handed her, as he set the tray on the coffee table.

 

Usually it was the time to plug in something incredibly cocky, but he wasn’t that much of an egoist. “Just blunt and I only do it because it manages to get that pretty blush on your cheeks,” it was cute, and he wasn’t one to like such things but on her it looked incredibly good. It wasn’t forced, but subtle and natural and he liked it way too much.

 

“So you like making me flustered?” sipping the hot chocolate, and enjoy the warming effect it had on her. It wasn’t bitter or sickly sweet, surprisingly perfect for her palate.

 

“I won’t deny it, you’re gorgeous when flustered,” he didn’t know why he was throwing it out there raw with no filter, but he couldn’t help it if he tried, “Mostly it because I expect you to do one thing, but you end up doing something completely different. It’s interesting.”

 

Which just proved her point about his reasons for asking her out on the date; she was a shiny new toy to the Casonova. Interesting and unpredictable therefore exciting, but as soon as she became predictable and boring she’d be forgotten like the other women before her. But, the sobering thought was enough to get her head out of the clouds and let her enjoy the date for what it was, enjoyable and the only one they would ever have, “I’ll take the chocolate,” taking a generous gulp of her hot chocolate, before placing the mug on the table and grabbing the large piece of cake. It was undeniably rich with chocolate filling and topping and sprinkled with white and dark chocolate. “Don’t say I never gave you anything.”

 

The woman turned out to be even more fascinating. Whether it was letting his words get to her and blushing delectably, teasing him when he let her have the upper hand or having an actual intelligent conversation–he was mesmerized. But, nothing was more beautiful than her smile or that captivating gaze. She made him feel different, because he had to put an effort to impress her. Yes she blushed at his innuendo, but seeing that impressed light in her eye was harder to get. “How generous,” he quipped with a smile, which enticed hers.

 

“Mmm,” she couldn’t help release a moan of pleasure as the cake literally melted in . Soft and spongy in texture and the different types of chocolate used just added to its deliciousness, eyes closed to savor every moment it was on her tongue.

 

He’d been on his best behavior all day, but that moan was testing his control. Just watching the pleasure she got from the cake wash over her face and her whole body, sent chills up and down his spine. It didn’t help at all when her tongue peeped through her lips to the residual chocolate that had stubbornly stuck on her lips.  Biting his lip, he watched her open those brown eyes still frozen to the spot. “Is it good?” it wasn’t really what he wanted to say, but if he did say what was on his mind she’d headed for the door, calling him a ert.

 

“Are you kidding me? It’s incredible,” completely unaware of her effect on the man beside her, continuing to devour the cake as politely as she could manage, while draining the cup of hot chocolate.

 

At least she stopped , he concluded digging into his own cake as he watched her make hers disappear in record time. Most girls were all about looking good and impressing with being delicate during dates, but she literarily threw that out of the widow and just ate. Surprisingly though, she wasn’t a messy eater or nauseating, just fast. Again she managed to go from unknowingly alluring to adorable. Damn this woman. But to be fair the cake was good, Victoria just knew what she was doing when it came to baking and cooking. “Here have some of mine,” he offered when she cleared her plate in record time, cutting his strawberry flavored red velvet cake in half and giving her the bigger piece.

 

“Kamsahabnida,” she thanked him sincerely, never one to refuse food. The cake was just as good as the one before it, just as rich but in a fruity sense. Both tasted fresh rather than artificial which was the biggest plus of all. A lot of mass produced cakes always had an artificial taste to them, but these… she could marry them. “Can I get the name of the bakery?” she asked as she forked the last of the cake into .

 

He’d finished his long before hers as she seemed to take her time with the second cake, “I’ll think about it,” he teased, gulping down his now warm hot chocolate. He just couldn’t resist it.

 

“That’s just mean,” she grouched, curling under the blanket still nursing her hot chocolate that had cooled some. Withholding that kind of information after serving her what had to be the best cake she’d had in a long time. “You can’t give me delicious cake and not tell me where you got it from, it’s cruel.”

 

He chuckled, “I don’t know it gives me a certain advantage,” finishing his drink in one gulp, placing the mug on the coffee table, turning his full attention on her. “Besides, nothing in this world is free,” he added, eyes easily landing on the speck of chocolate that had managed to get inches from her lips, talk about temptation.

 

 “Tch, if you think I’m going to kiss you for the address you’ve got another thing coming,” knowing where this conversation was headed, since he wasn’t too subtle about watching . And no her eyes didn’t steal their own glance at his luscious lips, not at all! Goodness what was it about him that made her act and react this way.

 

“If I wanted to kiss you, I’d just kiss you without preconditions,” he corrected her, meaning every word. He didn’t bet and dare women to kiss him. Kissing someone was much more enjoyable when both parties wanted it with certainty; Sooyoung just wasn’t at that point. But, it was nice to see the slight disappointment in her eyes at his statement. “No, I just want to know…” he trailed off, grabbing a napkin off the coffee table to wipe the speck off her cheek before it distracted him further. It didn’t surprise him that she tensed, seeing him move closer to hover over her, “whether you still think I’m a bad guy,” finishing the statement he’d left hanging, as he gently wiped her cheek even though ideally kissing it off would have been more enjoyable. “It was tempting me.”

 

Her breathing was labored, cheeks flushed, pulse racing and skin tingled. Good Lord, was it even possible to be that seductive just wiping a speck of chocolate off her cheek. “Mwo?” she asked, having not heard a word he’d said, from the moment be closed the small distance between them with eyes trained on her lips with intent, only to wipe her cheek clean. No, her stupid heart was beating too hard in her ears to really hear anything.

 

“I was asking if you still think I’m a bad guy,” He repeated with a laugh, surprised he’d managed to fluster her so intensely that she’d missed his question. Okay, perhaps his approach and the look in his eyes when he’d approached her weren’t all that innocent, but he certainly wouldn’t steal a kiss even if he wanted to. She’d be willing when he kissed her next.

 

Clearing , she tried to collect her thoughts and not look so bothered. Not bad, but highly dangerous to my sanity, “You’re a decent guy,” she answered honestly, because let’s face it he wasn’t good. He didn’t possess an innocent bone in his body, and used every advantage god gave him to rack her poor nerves. Everything was so purposefully feline, laced with potent sensuality and charisma to have her unsettled. So, he wasn’t good, but decent absolutely.

 

“I’ll never win against you, will I?” She was so hard to impress. Because he could tell she was being honest, not being coy to taunt his interest, just answering the question as truthfully as she could.

 

She expected amusement, but he seemed putout despite his laugh which she wasn’t ready for prompting escape. The short distant from the couch they occupied to the glass pane of the window, was all she had to collect her thoughts. “You’re not a nappeun namja, far from it. But, you’re not exactly a good guy either.”

 

“Why not?” he asked, joining her at the window and placing hands on either side of her trapping her once again for the second time that day. He really wanted her honest opinion about him, because he did agree with her that was what one would call a good guy, but decent was so…underwhelming.

 

Was he kidding her? “You’re doing it now,” she challenged with a laugh, daring herself to turn around and face him despite his proximity. He wasn’t an oblivious person and obviously knew him being close affected her, which he always used against her like he was doing then. If she was truly going to resist him, like she’d determined not too long ago, she would have to learn to handle his wiles against her. “You can’t help but try to charm everyone to your way of thinking.”

 

“I’m only determined when I want something,” he cleared, if she didn’t understand that he was being forward because he liked her, then she was more unknowing than he realized. He was blunt always, and forward when he wanted something, if that made him a seducer then he couldn’t help it.

 

She gulped, staring helplessly into those expressive brown eyes. “It’s getting late, I should go,” yup, she was running. But, it was either that, or being the silly girl that fell for the Casanova, right? This was a deeper side to the happy-go-lucky, devil-may-care attitude he had to things, and it was even more attractive. Aish, run!

 

“Okay, I’ll walk you out,” he conceded never one to isolate someone. Sure, he was determined and went for what he wanted –in this case Sooyoung –but he wasn’t ruthless or predatory.

 

Like she said, he was decent and gentlemanly, but still a wonton seducer. Why did he have to be so wonderful despite being so unbelievingly slick? At least she managed to escape a definite situation that would have her actually falling for him.

 

--~*+*~-:-o-:-~*+*~--

 

Even though the SM’s Seoul race track was secure, it was dark and a long walk to the parking lot where her car was and Sooyoung was grateful that he’d offered to walk with her, even offering her his arm to hold onto as they walked. Despite being dangerously alluring, his presence as they walked was safe and protected. How that was even possible she didn’t know.

 

“It’s Lotus Bistro,” he offered the name he’d promised if she’d answered his question. When she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, he went on to clarify, “The place I got the cake.”

 

She was surprised that he actually gave up the address, but thankful, “Komawayo.”

 

“So… I got a 4 on food, decent on character,” he listed off, eyes locked on hers as she leaned against her car. He stepped closer, “What score do I get for this date?” lopsided smile tugging at his lips, happy to see her more relaxed by his proximity. She didn’t even get tense when he rested forearms on either side of her on the car.

 

Her heart still beat wildly in her chest, but she managed to control her breathing and blush on her cheek. She doubted she would ever get used to what his proximity did to her; the way he looked at her, the sound of his voice and his way with words. “Hmm… 11 out of 10,” she revealed, her embarrassing honesty coming out despite her brain telling her to keep the enjoyment of the date to herself. She wasn’t a good liar any way. “I surprisingly enjoyed it,” her confession causing her further embarrassment because she just couldn’t seem to do what she was meant to do when around him.

 

“Does an 11 get me a second date,” he inquired, endeared by her honesty. She was truthful to a fault and he absolutely craved it. Realizing that he wanted a second date didn’t come as a surprise to him, because she was the most attractive woman he’d met in a while. Not only physically, but personality wise as well as intellectually.

 

Ideally it would, heck her heart was pretty much on board with the opportunity to see him again, but her mind reminded her that Yunho was just suffering from ‘New Toy Syndrome’ and would discard her as soon as the freshness wore off. On all levels she was interested, how could she not be? It wasn’t even the fact that he was heartbreakingly handsome, but rather the depth he had to him beyond all of it. “No, that would be breaking my rules,” which wasn’t a complete lie on her part, she did have certain rules to dating and he broke some of them, principle being an unrepentant playboy.

 

“I’ll bite, what are your rules,” he called her bluff, eyes straying to her lips before returning to her eyes. There was something there between them; it was so tangible he could practically touch it so her refusing was something else entirely. Okay, fine he liked women but, he liked the one currently in front of him much more.

 

Even if she wanted to win the battle of wills, her eyes gave up the fight and tore away from his, “First, I don’t date my brother’s friends –older or younger. Second, I don’t date people who work with my brother –boss or colleague. And last but not least, I don’t day bad boys, player or playboys.” As expected he laughed, “And you, Jung Yunho-ssi, are my brother’s friend, boss and a known Casanova. So common sense and rules say I shouldn’t accept a second date.”

 

“Even though we both want one,” he added, because those rules were just excuses to stay away from him. Your reputation came to bite you in the ; his reputation preceded him he guessed.

 

“That’s presumptuous,” more like absolutely true, but he didn’t need to know that. She even managed to raise her eyes to meet his in defiance.

 

Okay, now she was just lying to herself. He moved closer and felt her try to move back only to remember that she was leaning against her car and she had absolutely no place to go, “Is it,” his voice deeper, tone huskier intent on getting exactly what he wanted. Her breath coming up short, brown eyes startled at his forwardness and his face hovered dangerously close over hers. “You’re not a good liar.”

 

That was her main problem, the way he could go from mildly teasing to absolutely intense in a minute, using that lower octave that mind her pulse race, breath come out in short pants and skin flush. And what did her treacherous eyes do, oh they pretty much did the last thing they were suppose to do –look down and take in those tempting lips of his with than attractive beauty spot just above it. Only to look up and find him doing the same to her lips, much more meticulous than her own gaze.

 

“Sorry can’t resist,” was the only warning he gave her, before his lips descended over hers. As expected she stiffened in surprise, but soon relaxed against him as his lips moved over hers. Finally, able to do what he’d wanted to do all day but held back, hand coming up to her jaw to tilt her head back to gain better access before digging her finger into her dark hair.

 

Everything was hot and on fire, her knees were weak and her brain pretty much shut down. If she thought the first kiss was the best, it had absolutely nothing on this one which actually coaxed her to respond. Heck, she even parted her lips despite herself and let him deepen it further which pretty much destroyed her and had her clutching his shirt as if it would stop her from drowning in him.

 

Running out of breath was the only thing that forced him to break the kiss, with one last tug at her lower lip with his own. It tasted as good as the first, but was better in the sense that she responded fully to everything he’d given her. He could help steal a taste of her skin, as he laid lingering kisses on the hinge of her jaw, jumping pulse of her neck and finally on the crook of her neck earning surprised gasps. “Next Friday meet me at Hidden Agenda, 7.30p.m. If you come it’s a yes, if you don’t I’ll take it as a no,” he managed to get out once his breathing was under control, watching her eyes flutter open and the attractive blush on her cheeks as well as the slight disarray of her hair from his fingers. No one can say, I don’t have self control, biting his lower lip, resisting the urge to kiss her again as he pushed off the car and walked away.

 

“Mwo?” she managed to get out, when her muddle brain pieced together what he’d just told her. Seriously this guy, kiss her so she would be disoriented before asking her on a date. “That’s not fair!” she couldn’t let him go and wait at that restaurant and just not show up, it was rude.

 

He turned to face her walking backwards, “Well, then we are even,” he shrugged, loving the outrage playing on her face at his statement.

 

“I didn’t do anything.”

 

“You let me kiss you like that and kissed me back knowing I’d have to walk away,” he countered, “so unfair,” giving her playful wink before turning around and continuing his trek the right way.

 

couldn’t help fall open in shock, “Yah!” knowing it was rude, but how was it her fault that he’d kissed her? It was his fault for kissing her like that, and being so good at it!

 

“Drive safely, Sooyoung-ssi,” was all he said, with a wave over his shoulder and a satisfied smile tugging at her lips knowing she would show up despite herself.

 

I’ve got you under my skin.

 

A/N: This was supposed to be a short sequel to the one shot Truth or Dare (Reflection), but it took on a life of its own and became a +10k word mini story. I tried to add humor here and there, but I don’t know if it worked though. Comment, please comment and let me know what you think.