This Year Will Definatly Be Interesting

"But What Am I To You?"

Once the usual start of year announcements were done, they pretty much just picked off with where they started last year. They spent the first half of the morning doing maths with Teacher Uhm and Heung Soo surprised himself that he managed to go the whole lesson without being told off by him. He also discovered that when he tried, maths wasn’t as hard as he thought it would be. He even managed to finish the worksheet by the end of the class (although he was sure he got half of them wrong).

The next lesson was just a study period with Teacher Kang. Teacher Kung was taking students out to talk about career progression. Heung Soo hoped she wouldn’t try and talk to him about his “hopes” and “dreams” and other bull. Instead of getting on with his studies he past the lesson playing on his phone and watching Nam Soon doodle in his English book.

“Is that Teacher Uhm? That’s not that bad actually…” Heung Soo hummed, as he leant over Nam Soon’s desk.

“What do you mean not bad? I’m an amazing artist!” Nam Soon pouted.

“What’s this then? It looks like a donkey leaning over a trough?”

“Yah sekki-ya! That’s Ha Kyung!”

Heung Soo squinted at the drawing. God it was awful. But if he looked closely, he guess he could make out her hairstyle. He felt annoyed then and his eyes narrowed at the younger boy. “Yah, why are you drawing her in your book? Does Nam Soonie have a crush?”

Nam Soon’s eyes widened “No! What are you in kindergarten or something?”

Heung Soo smirked, “Yes, actually I am. Nam Soon and Ha Kyung sitting in a tree…”

“Shut up!” Nam Soon hissed “It’s not like that… plus I drew Kang Joo as well.” He said pointing to a stick girl with short hair shouting at the class to shut up.

“So… you have a thing for Kang Joo then? Or a weird thing for both of them??”

“Oh my god shut up.” Nam Soon but his head in his hands. “You’re so old fashioned you know? A boy and girl can just be friends without it meaning anything.”

“Yah? Who’s old fashioned?” Heung Soo huffed. He’d been trying to make this seem like a joke, but he could feel himself getting annoyed. He cursed himself for being so damn obvious. He used to have his poker face down. But somehow when it came to Nam Soon, he couldn’t control his emotions.

“Nam Soon!” He heard a voice call from the front of the class. Ha Kyung stood by the door clutching some books. “President meeting, now!”

Nam Soon groaned and he tugged on Heung Soo’s sleeve. “Help me get out of this!” He hissed.

Heung Soo smirked and shook his head, “No. It’s you own damn fault for agreeing to be vice president this year. You had an opportunity to escape but you just can’t say no.” Don’t lie, you’re not really that upset about going anyway. A voice in his mind said, but he pushed it away.

“I guess I can’t can I?” Nam Soon grinned, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. “Get me something for lunch? I’ll meet you on the roof.”

“Yah sekki-ya. What am I? Your wallet?”

“No, just a kind sekki-ya who can’t say no either.” He grinned micheaviously before walking out the classroom.

Heung Soo watched Nam Soon leave the classroom with Ha Kyung, then sighed and grabbed his ear phones out of his back. He plugged them into his phone, then lent his head on the desk. Without Nam Soon here he didn’t have anyone to talk to. He sure as hell didn’t want Ki Dyuk or Kang Joo bothering him so he closed his eyes and pretended to take a nap.

He couldn’t actually fall asleep though as every incident between Nam Soon and Ha Kyung today was playing through his mind. Could he like her? He thought to himself. Not that he should be bothered about it Nam Soon could like and go out with whoever he wanted. Heung Soo would rather just know so he could stop wondering about it all the time.

When he first came to Seungri High and saw Nam Soon again, he was sure all his feeling were gone. All he felt was anger for the boy and felt sick just at the sight of him. And even when they made up and became friends again all he felt was brotherly love for his best friend. It was over the holidays. He thinks. That’s when it started feeling different. There wasn’t an exact moment or incident that made Heung Soo fall for Nam Soon again. It was just lots of little things that made his feelings grow each day. He had realised a while ago that Tsunami was gone and the Nam Soon standing in front of him was a changed person. He thinks that’s what made him loose his feelings originally. He wasn’t the kid he fell in love with in middle school. However getting to know him over the holidays he found he liked this new Nam Soon. And spending everyday with him he found himself growing fonder of him and wanted to find the excuse to be with him every day. Although there wasn’t a moment where Heung Soo fell for Nam Soon, he didn’t full admit it to himself until he saw Nam Soon shirtless.

They had just got back to Nam Soon’s house. They had been in town when they had ran into the thugs from last year who Oh Jung Ho got involved with. It started with harmless name calling and threatening until Nam Soon had head butted the gang leader in the face when he’d made fun of the way Heung Soo walked. They had finally shook them off when they hopped on the bus that went to Nam Soon’s neighbourhood. They stepped through the front door sweaty and exhausted.

“I’m showering first!” Nam Soon said running towards the bathroom.

“Yah! Aren’t I your guest?” Heung Soo wasn’t really that bothered, he was tired and his leg was starting to hurt. All he wanted really was to lie down. But he’d never give up an opportunity to harass the other.

“I thought you were my maid?” He heard Nam Soon’s reply from the bathroom. Heung Soo scoffed and he lay on the sofa.

“This maid isn’t getting paid enough!” He shouted.

“What? Sorry?” He heard Nam Soon giggle from the bathroom. He obviously heard. Heung Soo heard the water being switched on, so he got his phone out to watch some YouTube while he waited for his turn.

About ten minutes later he heard the door to the bathroom opening but didn’t bother looking up from his phone.

“Hey… can you grab my sweater and trackies from the drying rack?” Heung Soo looked up to see Nam Soon standing almost completely (apart from his boxers) towel drying his hair. Heung Soo’s face flushed as he looked at Nam Soon’s body. Even though he had obviously lost a lot of muscle mass, he was still impressive. He may look all skinny and lanky in his school uniform but he was strong.

Heung Soo was so busy looking at his six pack he didn’t even move from his seat.

“Hurry!” Nam Soon whined.

“What?” Heung Soo looked up blushing, then tried to compose himself. “Why? You get it.”

“Come on Heung Soo, its cold and I’m too wet.”

“Fine.” Heung Soo said through gritted teeth, deliberately not looking at Nam Soon as he grabbed his clothes from the drying rack and threw them in Nam Soon’s face.

Nam Soon squeaked, then yelled “What the s your problem?”

“Nothing.” Heung Soo mumbled “Just hurry up so I can use the bathroom.” He flopped back on the sofa. The thought he’d been pushing at the back of his mind for weeks, he couldn’t deny it anymore. He liked Nam Soon. Not Tsunami Nam Soon, but President-nim Nam Soon.

“Oh me.” He groaned burying his face in the sofa cushions.

“Your very handsome Heung Soo, but sorry I’m not gay.” He heard the younger chuckle from his bedroom and Heung Soo was glad he couldn’t see his face.

------

Hi guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry it's another short chapter I'm still getting used to writing again D: For my old readers sorry if it's annoying reading the same sort of story but differant. But hopefully this will be as good, if not even better than "Not Brothers". Thank you for still reading :) and to my new readers hope your enjoying it so far :D I will try and update quicker this time I have a lot of motivation atm so hopefully it lasts... xD