Of Sailing Ships and Failed Confessions

Of Sailing Ships and Failed Confessions

 

 

"I heard something about you, you know."
 
Suho snapped his head towards his childhood friend, Min Hee, who was eating ice cream just across him. Suho was invited by Min Hee for tea in her house which apparently turned to an ice cream session because the girl had a change of heart. 
 
Suho leaned forward. "Well, I'm pretty much the talk of the town now."
 
Min Hee chuckled. She knew that this was one of the rare occasions where Junmyeon, or now known as Suho, can actually be cocky. 
 
"Well, aren't we conceited?" She said, putting another teaspoon of vanilla ice cream in .
 
Suho smirked. "So, what did you hear about me?"
 
Min Hee looked up and smiled. "Something nice. But wait, are you sure you don't want ice cream?"
 
"Yes, I'm sure." Then he leaned forward. "So, about me?"
 
"Oh yeah, heard you're dating Krystal!" Min Hee squealed. "I can't believe you never told me. You know Krystal's my epitome of beauty!"
 
Suho raised a brow. "That's what you heard?"
 
Min Hee nodded. "Yep. Anyways, would you get me an autograph of her then? Oh, and Amber. I haven't asked you for it! Okay?"
 
Suho frowned. One, because Min Hee's being the dense kid that she is. 
 
"Let me tell you somehing about myself, then. If I do have a girlfriend right now, I wouldn't have the time to talk to you in this failure of an afternoon tea." Suho stopped, holding Min Hee's surprised gaze. "I wouldn't be spending time with you on a rare day off."
 
Min Hee gasped. "Are... are you confessing?"
 
Suho shrugged. "Dunno. What do you think?"
 
"I don't know. I mean, I thought you liked Krystal and she's really pretty and I approve of her." Min Hee added.
 
Suho sighed. "She's a sunbae that I respect. Why do people make something out of it?"
 
"Well, you guys would really look good together." Min Hee said, dabbing a napkin on her lips. 
 
"You forgot that I just confessed." Suho pointed out.
 
Min Hee nodded. "Aren't you just confusing the role of a childhood friend and a girlfriend?"
 
Suho looked at Min Hee. He just confessed yet the girl didn't even give it a thought. 
 
"I think I'm old enough to distinguish between the two. Thank you." Suho replied.
 
Mn Hee pursed her lips and looked at Suho. "Do you really like me, Junmyeon?"
 
Suho shifted in his seat and returned Min Hee's gaze. "I think it's more than that."
 
Min Hee tried not to smile but the small movement of her lips gave it away but she instantly frowned after. 
 
"I'm not as pretty as Krystal though nor as talented. I sit at home all the time and you know I'm weak physically. I don't have anything which would qualify me as someone special to you." She said bitterly, looking longingly at the now melting ice cream in front of her.
 
Junmyeon is, of course, someone extremely special for Min Hee. And yes, it is more than 'like' that she feels. But she didn't want to be selfish and confess her feelings. She knew that if Junmyeon doesn't feel the same it would be a burden to both of them. Especially when Junmyeon decided to become an idol, the thought of having Junmyeon for herself was never entertained again.
 
Suho smiled. "Well, you have my heart? And at least 12 years of my life? No one has those except you."
 
After hearing this, Min Hee returned the smile to Suho. "You're not romantic, at all."
 
"What? Why?"
 
"Shouldn't you be confessing in a candle light dinner with music playing in the background?" Min Hee suggested, although she didn't really mind the simpleness of it all. "Well, instead of this 'failure of an afternoon tea'?"
 
Suho chuckled lightly, leaning forward to Min Hee and giving her a peck in the lips. "Yeah. Whatever. You kinda forced me into it." 
 
Min Hee pouted. "Our first kiss. Over a melting ice cream. Gosh, your timing is so wrong."
 
"You don't really mind."
 
"Yeah. But let me tell you something... I still ship Sustal." Min Hee winked and proceeded to finishing her ice cream while Suho chuckles lightly in the background.