A Cupcake Story

A Cupcake Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Birds chirping away into the soft summer breeze, leaving me with another lovely afternoon, another me being lazy.

“It’s always the same boring day!” I yelled. One good thing about having your own apartment, you can yell as loud as you can and there’s no one to say, “Be quiet!” But I want somebody to tell me that. Just for once I want somebody to hold, I want somebody to know that they mean the world to someone. That someone is me and that somebody is .. somewhere.

Wake up, check. Make myself feel lonely, check. What’s next on the ‘it’s always the same boring day’ checklist. Oh yeah cupcakes. My Mum was an amazing baker and she inspired me to keep calm and eat cupcakes. Before I left to go to Korea and live my own “happy” life, she gave me her most precious recipe, “The butterfly cupcake.” It was a famous cupcake, well back home anyways. Every time I feel down I make myself one butterfly cupcake, yes just one. I was about to check my ‘it’s always the same boring day’ imaginary checklist off my brain when I noticed something weird.

What the?? Why did I made two cupcakes all of a sudden, I always make one. Hmm, I was probably thinking too much about home. If only I could send this to my family, but my Mum already knows how to make one, an even better one that is. So I decided to wrap them both in a little gift, to have for myself later. Mehehe. I double checked both of the cupcakes that the cute, beautiful butterfly is perfectly standing proud and strong. Then I fastened the red ribbon tightly on the gift.

My day is actually going well for once, something different. I might as well do something for a change. So I got into my jeans and my new shirt which I haven’t worn yet since I’m always in here being lazy. I got my bag and packed the two little gifts inside, so I don’t have to worry about buying lunch.

As I stepped outside I noticed that the birds chirping away sounded much more beautiful outside than inside. I walked past an ice-cream truck, smiling at the ice-cream man who was giving ice-cream to little kids. Little did I know that I accidentally collided into a little girl, which made her drop her ice-cream. She started crying so loudly, which made all heads turn towards me.

“I’m so sorry little girl, I didn’t mean to hurt your ice-cream.” I begged, so she could stop crying. Suddenly all the kids started hitting me. The ice-cream man told me that I should pay for it and something else which I couldn’t quite understand, and I’m actually glad I didn’t. It was probably something rude. So I ran as fast as I could, bringing the maddening voices to disappear.

“What a run.” I heaved, as I clutched on my knees. I waited for more oxygen to fill my lungs and as I carried on my walk I noticed something on my shirt. Ice-cream.
‘It’s alright.’ I thought, trying to be positive. ‘But still why did it have to be vanilla?’ It’s still a beautiful day, what could ruin that?



I spoke to so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter