1/1

can i keep you

  1.

the first time yoongi met jimin was when yoongi was moving into his new apartment. it was overcast and yoongi was still a little bit hung over. 

yoongi cursed as he looked up and a raindrop splashed into his eyes. he looked down at his belongings in cardboard boxes stacked haphazardly on the sidewalk. since his arms could only hold a few boxes at a time he decided he would risk it and leave the remaining boxes while he took an armful up to his new apartment. what with his clouded alcohol-impaired sense of balance and judgment, he planted his foot directly into a suspiciously murky puddle which caused him to slip and right as he was about to go down, a firm pair of hands caught him by the waist. the hands remained on his hips until yoongi was steadily on his feet. “holy ,” he said, and then thought again as he turned to tell his savior, “uh i mean, thank you.” yoongi was greeted by a young and understandably concerned face.

“are you ok?” the guy said. he looked around him at the boxes and asked, “do you need some help carrying this?” 

the guy had a sweet voice, and was very polite. yoongi guessed he wasn’t any older than twenty. he’s kinda cute too, yoongi thought before squashing the thought. “uhm, yeah. yeah i guess so. thanks.” he said lamely. 

the guy picked up the remaining boxes as if it were nothing. yoongi stood there dumbly before realizing he was supposed to be showing him where to go. they hauled the stuff up to the fourth floor and took a right down a hallway. yoongi reached a door and unlocked it, balancing the boxes on his hip and the door swung open to reveal a clean but rather boring apartment. the two men put the boxes down on the floor of empty room. 

“cozy” the boy said after an awkward minute of looking around. “by the way my name is jimin” he said with an easy smile that creased his eyes in just the right way. 

“nice to meet you jimin. i’m yoongi. thank you, by the way” 

 

2.

“so, jimin-ssi, what is your story?” yoongi asked, for once caring about the answer.

“my story,” jimin paused to laugh before continuing, “i dance”

“can i see?” 

jimin gave a small smile at the request, “maybe one day” 

 

3.

sometimes jimin comes in after dancing or exercising with sweaty hair and yoongi pretends to be annoyed when he has to shower at his place and borrow clean clothes. 

 

4.

probably the reason yoongi fell for jimin is because of his love of puppies, and the fact that jimin reminded him of one. jimin was loyal and sweet and soft (despite the muscles). where ever yoongi was, jimin was behind him, watching what he was doing. the puppy-like look on jimin’s face is probably the reason yoongi let him help him with those boxes that first time they met, and the reason yoongi felt like he wanted to keep him when they met the second time. 

(yoongi refused to admit to himself that the muscles on jimin’s arms were becoming more and more defined and increasing in size. jimin would always be yoongi’s puppy.)

 

5.

jimin started spending more and more time with yoongi. yoongi couldn't remember when jimin started spending more time at his apartment than his own house. yoongi couldn't remember when finding jimin’s things in between his couch cushions became a regular occurrence. yoongi couldn't remember when jimin’s laughter became the only dry place on a rainy day. 

it was obvious that yoongi just adored jimin. he looked forward to coming home from work to see him at his door waiting for him, to receive his warm hugs and hear his dorky laugh. at some point, yoongi would just leave the door unlocked when he was home, because he knew jimin would come. yoongi frequently, but out of affection. sometimes jimin would just talk and yoongi would just listen. watch how his full cheeks lifted up to crinkle his eyes when he smiled. he was absolutely charmed. jimin was charming. his dorky laugh, cute mannerisms and wide smile were enough to make anyone fall in love with him. not that yoongi was in love with him or anything. 

 

6.

one day, jimin marched into yoongi’s apartment in a lousy mood, so he grumpily kicked off his shoes and stomped into the kitchen where he found yoongi cooking something on the stove. yoongi turned with a spatula in his hand and a smile on his face and before he could even say “hi” jimin walked right up to him and harshly pulled yoongi into a hug. “hyung,” a muffled whine came out, muffled because his face was pressed tightly into yoongi’s chest. said hyung stood there for a second with confusion on his face and arms sticking out, one hand with a spatula, before relaxing and wrapping his free arm around jimin and rubbing his back slowly. 

 

7.

the first time yoongi got angry at jimin was the day they first kissed. (and it was really less of yoongi being angry at jimin; it was yoongi being angry and confused with himself. but that’s how it goes isn’t it) the two had been sitting on the couch, watching tv together on a lazy sunday afternoon. jimin would make stupid jokes like always and yoongi would laugh at every one of them like always, occasionally hitting the younger on the back of the head after a really stupid one. jimin was sitting close to him with his legs crossed on the couch, even though there was enough room to be spread out, and yoongi had his arm around jimin, the soft skin of his neck mindlessly. jimin had always been touchy, something that was both comforting and at first hard for yoongi to get used to. jimin would wrap his arm around his hyung’s back, rest his hand on his thigh, give him a hug at almost every parting and meeting, lean his head on his shoulder, and put his hands on his waist if his back happened to be facing him. (though one time jimin gave yoongi a pat on the and that was a bit too much for yoongi to handle and he quickly told him that that was a no-no) yoongi learned to like these casual touches over time and learned how to return them. jimin uncrossed his legs and relaxed fully, pressing flush against yoongi’s side as his eyes closed sleepily. yoongi was talking about the program they were watching and trailed off when he looked down at the boy leaning against him and realized that jimin had his eyes closed. “yah,” he said softly, using the hand that wasn’t around jimin to gently pat his face, “are you falling asleep on me?” jimin shook his head no without opening his eyes, he would have normally rolled his eyes at the boy but his hand stilled on the boy’s neck, and he was caught up in studying jimin’s features: eyelids that were fluttering lightly, round cheeks that were relaxed and soft, and his full lips that were slightly parted. he pushed those thoughts inwards however, looked away and retracted his arm from around the younger one. jimin, though half-asleep, sensed the loss of contact and grabbed yoongi’s t-shirt, hand in a fist, halting yoongi’s movement. yoongi kind of panicked at this point, unsure of what to do with the boy now firmly attached to his clothing. jimin’s eyes opened a bit and he reached up and put his other hand on yoongi’s cheek to it and oh, jimin has never touched him like that before. then, jimin stretched his neck up and softly pressed his lips to yoongi’s for a moment before pulling away. warmth flushed into yoongi’s face. it was sweet, short, chaste. but it freaked yoongi out. he sat there, feeling all the color drain from his face, before pulling jimin’s hands off his shirt, then disentangling himself from the rest of jimin. he got off the couch looking anywhere but him, so he didn’t have to see the hurt on his face, and muttered, “god damn it, jimin” then stalked off into his bedroom, closing the door with a little too much force. it became very quiet. jimin was left on the couch, hand where yoongi was sitting, feeling the warmth of him fade from the worn leather. he got up and slowly put his shoes on, face lacking all emotion. yoongi heard the front door close softly. 

 

 

the next few days, yoongi did not see jimin. 

normally, if jimin didn’t come to see him he would at least text him, letting him know what was up. 

“hey hyung! sorry i cant be there today ;_; i will come tomorrow though! can’t wait to see you ^.^ let’s eat pizza ok?” 

nothing. 

yoongi moped around the apartment, tidying things he already adjusted 30 minutes ago. he didn’t eat much. he got out the cardboard box of soju from his pantry. 

 

he knew he had to apologize, he had to be the one to talk to the younger. it was his fault after all. jimin probably didn’t come because he didn’t feel welcome anymore. 

 

it took a while for yoongi to text jimin. 

“jiminie, you can come over today if you want to. i want to talk to you. alright?” 

yoongi laid on his bed, phone in his hand, waiting for a response. he hoped using the pet name would help. he hurriedly checked it when he heard a ding come from his phone. 

“alright hyung. see you later” 

yoongi clutched his phone to his chest, basking in his own relief. 

 

basically yoongi was a wreck while waiting for jimin. since his apartment was already immaculate, he couldn’t tidy anything else. he hid the now half-empty soju bottles back in the pantry. he realized the living room no longer looked lived in, so he hurriedly crumpled a blanket up and threw it on the sofa, and shifted the pillows around. the only thing he could think about was how he was supposed to act towards him, and what jimin would be like. could they go back to the kid-like playfulness he was used to? he didn’t think so. as soon as their lips touched, something changed. then it changed again when he basically rejected it. yoongi was startled out of his thoughts when he heard his phone ring. 

“hello?” 

“ah. hyung. something important..came up. I cant come over.” jimin. 

“oh. ok.” he said quietly, his heart falling to his feet.

“bye hyung”

jimin hung up. 

yoongi turned off his phone and dropped it to the floor, where it landed with a dull thud. he felt very alone in his drafty apartment, and he suddenly felt very small. it felt a little harder to pick himself off the couch. he couldn’t understand what he was feeling, what was making him feel like this. he walked to the pantry, to the soju bottles before deciding other wise. he went straight to bed, pulling the blanket tightly around his body. disappointment, he finally realized, half  asleep, was what this was. bitter disappointment.  

 

8.

yoongi did not know himself that he loved jimin. how used to the constant contact he was. yoongi found himself wrapping his arms around himself. 

about a week had gone by since jimin called yoongi. his life had become a meaningless pattern of waking up, drinking coffee, going to work, coming home, falling asleep on the couch. his mind felt a little numb. 

 

9.

yoongi got out of the shower, steam swirling around his bathroom and clinging to his skin. he changed into a loose white t-shirt and grey sweats. running a towel through his hair, he shuffled out into his living room. his eyes widened in shock and he halted his steps seeing none other than jimin sitting on his couch, looking stunning in jeans and a v-neck. it was like he was never gone, one leg tucked under him and one propped on his coffee table. he looked up at him with an unidentifiable look in his eyes and yoongi didn’t really know what to say to the boy, though he felt he should say something. yoongi opened his mouth to speak, but his voice caught in his throat and his mind went blank so he closed his mouth and looked down at his feet.

“listen-” yoongi started but was cut off when the younger wrapped his arms around him tightly. it felt really right, jimin there with him, head tucked under yoongi’s chin. the tension seemed to melt off of his body as soon as jimin was against him. yoongi pulled back to look jimin in the eyes.

“hey. “I’m really sorry about every thing before. I’m not mad at you. i never really was i guess. i really missed seeing you,” yoongi said, and, starting to feel uncomfortable started rambling, “i guess i was just surprised, it’s not that i didn’t like it, i mean it was nice it was just,” he stopped when jimin pulled him in for a hug again.

“hyung. it’s ok. I shouldn’t have done it,” yoongi opened his mouth to disagree but jimin just continued, “i know you’re a prude when it comes to human contact.” jimin laughed at the look that came across yoongi’s face.

“yah!” yoongi pushed jimin away, punching him on the shoulder, “you’re such a little brat. why do i even like you?” he mumbled sheepishly under his breath, and much to his dismay a blush started heating up his cheeks. eager to prove him wrong, yoongi leaned down suddenly to press his lips against jimin’s. now it was jimin’s turn to be sheepish. yoongi, satisfied with the reaction, smirked and threw an arm over jimin’s shoulders. he fell onto the couch bringing jimin down next to him. “so jiminie, what have you been up too?” yoongi said. 

 

10. 

this time, yoongi is really going to keep park jimin 

 

 

 

-----------------

yay you read this congratulations thank you