Final

About Love

 

A little oneshot that wouldn't leave my head the whole day...
I was going to update it hours ago but then I went to the beach :p
Sorry XD


Hope u'll like it 
^^


 

They’re a couple in love, living in the same house for a year as man and husband, and everyone in their circle envy the love they have for each other. Their eyes sparkle whenever the other is around, because they're simply head over heels with each other.

One is a business man and the other is a game programmer. They’re totally different yet totally perfect for each other. They dated for only three months before Choi Siwon popped the question. Cho Kyuhyun was over the moon from happiness because at that point he couldn’t see himself anywhere but with Siwon. They fit each other like a piece of puzzle and they are truly happy.

 

At this moment however, neither is speaking to the other.

 

They’re still living in the same house, sleeping on the same bed, eating on the same table. Nevertheless, silence is the only thing roaming the space of their loving home.

It goes on like this for a month, then one day when Siwon heads back home after a long and tiring day running his international company, he spots a document on their dining table.

His eyes wander around the empty loft, feeling a tug in his heart as he can guess what those papers are for. Slowly approaching the table, he doesn’t need to pick it up to know they are divorce papers.

 

His heart is instantly broken into halves. His eyes are getting blurry and his chest is tightening. He never could’ve guessed that his love Kyuhyun will be the one filing for a divorce. Their love is too strong and too miraculous for it to end this way.

Dropping his suitcase to the floor, Siwon picks up the papers and heads to the living room, slamming his numb body on the couch.

Tears threaten to fall but he tries to hold them back because he’s not someone to cry. He’s about to lose his other half but still he can’t cry. He doesn’t like to be weak and he doesn’t like to feel sad especially when he's not at fault.

He lets out a short bitter laugh before clenching on his jaw. He has never been heartbroken before so he had no idea how much it can hurt until now.

His fingers are firmly clenching on document in hand, readying himself to open it. He closes his eyes for a second, taking a deep breath to will away the lump of tears stuck in his throat.

When his eyes land on the familiar handwriting, his hand instantly clutches on his chest, right above his aching heart. Kyuhyun has already signed them.

 

The next day, Siwon busied himself at work, not wanting to rest for even a second because his mind will remind him of the papers safely tucked in his desk drawer.

Not until it's time to knock off and all of the employees have left, that he leans back on his chair and pulls out the divorce documents. He harshly rubs his face in frustration before picking up a pen, heaving a deep sigh and signing it.

When he sees their signatures one under the other, is when it finally hits him. They’re getting a divorce. He will no longer live with Kyuhyun, no longer kiss Kyuhyun, no longer touch Kyuhyun, and no longer make love to Kyuhyun.

Cho Kyuhyun is his everything but now that he’s going to leave him for good, he will be left alone with nothing but memories.

The thought of not having Kyuhyun in his life anymore makes him crack. His breathing accelerates and he clutches hard on the edge of the desk so he won’t faint. He takes sharp breaths, the tears climbing to his eyes and as he blinks, they finally freely fall down his face.

Choi Siwon never cries, but now he does.

He turns his chair around, facing the wall and just cries his heart out. No matter how hard he tries to stop, his sobs are only getting louder and louder, filling the empty room. He clasps a hand over his mouth, his fingertips turning whiter from how firm his grip is, the other one clamping on his pants because he feels like crumbling down and he needs something to hold on to.

It’s not really helping how Kyuhyun’s image keeps on showing before his eyes, memories of their happy love life rapidly flashing in his brain, leaving his heart shattering into million tiny pieces.

 

Two hours later, Choi Siwon has no more tears to shed. He wipes his face, puts on his sunglasses to hide the horrific state he’s in, then he heads back home with the divorce papers firmly clutched on his hand.

 

The next morning, Cho Kyuhyun meets up with his lawyer who informs him about his divorce progress. Although he’s the one who filled the papers, doesn’t mean he’s not hurt when he sees his lover’s signature on the paper. Deep down, he had hoped Siwon will come talk to him and they can find a solution that satisfies both of them.

But isn’t he the one who left home? Isn’t he the one who decided to move away? Isn’t he the one who dared to ask for a divorce?

His hands turn into fists under the table as he takes a few seconds to process what he has done.

His lawyer is talking about the next step but Kyuhyun is spacing out. His heart is twisting in pain and he’s barely holding it together because he feels like breaking down there and then. His mind is blank. It’s his decision, his attempt to follow his dream, but why is he feeling this way right now? Why the thought of Siwon accepting their separation hurt so much?

 

When he heads back to the hotel where he has been staying the night before, he slides to the floor, bringing his knees to his chest and crying his heart out. 'Is it worth it?' Is the most important question he’s thinking about right now.

 

 

“Wonnie, can we talk?”

Kyuhyun peeked his head into Siwon’s study room, feeling sorry for his husband who had been working non-stop ever since he came home earlier.

Siwon looked at him, a wide smile stretching on his lips as he took off his glasses and motioned for Kyuhyun to come in.

“Still busy, honey?” Kyuhyun worriedly asked, heading toward Siwon's opened arms and taking a seat on his lap before landing a kiss on the side of his nose.

“A little bit”

Kyuhyun pouted, noting the tired look on his lover’s face.

“What did you want to tell me, baby?”

Siwon asked, lovingly rubbing Kyuhyun’s side as he waited for what he’s about to say.

Kyuhyun nervously chewed on his lip, hesitating for a couple of seconds before speaking.

“You know that game company in Tokyo that I always keep talking about?”

“Yes”

“Well, I already told you I sent them my application and they… offered me a job”

Kyuhyun intently watched Siwon’s expression, nervously inspecting how his husband averted his gaze away, the hands on his hips tensed, and a little frown took place on his forehead.

“Wonnie~”

“You’ll take it?”

Siwon asked, still looking ahead and it made Kyuhyun utterly anxious.

“Well, it is my dream job”

Kyuhyun defended, fingers nervously playing with Siwon’s top as he hoped his husband would understand

“What about me?”

Siwon whispered, turning his head to face Kyuhyun as he sadly eyed him, the disappointment clear in his orbs.

“We’ll work something out” Kyuhyun hopefully said, earning him a bitter laugh from Siwon who moved him away and stood up, then without a second glance he walked out.

Kyuhyun followed him dumbfounded, watching him take out a bottle of water from the fridge and gulp from it.

“Honey, you know it means a lot to me”

Siwon didn’t answer. He took a seat on the kitchen’s counter, burying his head in his hands while trying to mend the hurt in his heart. He’s not prepared for something like this. He doesn’t want Kyuhyun to be away from him.

“Tokyo is not that far”

Kyuhyun kept on finding excuses but when nothing worked, he decided to approach his husband, hugging him and planting kisses on the top of his head.

“I love you, Wonnie~ Please think about it”

Kyuhyun’s words made Siwon snap his head up, shockingly staring at him before snapping “Think about it? You want to leave our home and me to go live in a foreign country! What should I think about? I don’t believe in distant relationships! And we’re married for god’s sake! Not just a couple who’s dating and their relationship may or may not work out!”

Kyuhyun was taken aback, not at all expecting Siwon’s reaction to be that way. His husband had never yelled at him like that before and thus the guilt was obviously there, but still he also didn’t want to miss his chance on the job.

So without answering, he turned around and headed to their bedroom. When Siwon didn’t go after him, Kyuhyun knew it was serious and so he had a lot of thinking to do.

 

After that day, whenever Kyuhyun tried to talk to Siwon about it, they would have the same dialogue…

“Can we talk?”

“Did you change your mind?”

“No”

“Then there’s nothing to talk about”

 

 

Time passes quickly but it doesn’t mean Siwon hasn’t felt every second of it. As months turned into a year, and then a year turned into two, Siwon still has hope.

He once again busied himself in his work, only coming home late at night to sleep, and every night when he goes back to his house, he unlocks the door and as usual announces… ‘I’m home, baby!’

Every single night, yet not once he got an answer back as he’s always welcomed by emptiness.  Until tonight.

 

When he steps into his apartment, weariness clear on his face, his lips part to let way to his usual greeting, but this time they just hang open. Siwon shakes his head and pitifully smiles as he thinks it’s about time he gives up.

He tosses his key and suitcase on the counter to his left and walks inside, loosening up his tie before rubbing his tired face with a deep sigh that feels like he’s holding the world’s biggest burden on his shoulders.

As he steps into the living room however, he suddenly stops in his place, eyes locked on the man sitting on the couch.

His feet seem to freeze in their spot. He doesn’t know if he’s hallucinating or if the man he’s been missing oh so much is sitting in front of him right now.

It takes him a couple of minutes to realize that Kyuhyun, his ex-husband, is indeed back. His hands fall loosely to his sides as he contemplates on what he should do now. However, before he can break the silence, Kyuhyun does.

“I’m miserable

Siwon watches how Kyuhyun’s orbs are unfocusedly staring at him, the chocolate brown orbs he fell in love with are full of yearn, pain and guilt. He then lets his gaze wander all over the missed figure, noting how he's looking pale and how he seems to have had lost weight, although he still manages to look stunning.

 

Getting out of his haze, Siwon silently walks to the kitchen, leaving Kyuhyun nervously watching his disappearing back. He then, a couple of minutes later, returns with a cup of honey tea, handing it to the startled Kyuhyun before taking a seat next to him on the couch.

Kyuhyun’s eyes are b with tears, faintly smiling at the fact that Siwon still remembers his favorite drink. He takes a sip and momentarily closes his eyes to enjoy it. For Kyuhyun, Siwon always makes the best honey tea.

 

They fall silent for a minute until Kyuhyun puts the glass on the coffee table and slowly asks the question that has been hunting him for a while now “Did you find someone new?”

The question makes Siwon’s eyes bulge out in hurt and disappointment. He shakes his head in disbelief before abruptly standing up, holding Kyuhyun’s hand and dragging him upstairs.

Kyuhyun is startled but he lets Siwon take him to wherever he wants to. Once they’re standing in front of their bedroom, Siwon unlocks the door and gently pushes Kyuhyun inside.

The younger’s eyes grow in size, watching how every little corner of the room seems the same as he left it two years ago. Their wedding poster is still hanging on top of their bed, their shared stuff are still in the same corner, and their framed pictures are all over the room.

It screams WonKyu and it’s exactly how Kyuhyun remembers it.

“You’re crazy to think I have moved on”

Siwon stands behind him, whispering in his ear as he wraps his arms around his waist and nuzzle his face in his shoulder.

Kyuhyun lets the tears fall down, the guilt only growing bigger because he regrets leaving Siwon. He regrets ignoring his heart and chasing a dream job, which later he found out it’s nothing compared to his dream of spending his life with Siwon.

He slowly turns around, sniffing as he rests his forehead against Siwon’s and mutters several sorry’ although he knows it can never be enough.

“I’m so sorry… I love you so much… I’m so sorry”

Siwon cups the younger's face, wiping the still flowing tears with his thumbs before claiming the boy's lips. The taste of his lover immediately lingers in his mouth, causing him to sigh in content and relief at the missed feeling.

 

They end up on their bed, each wanting to show the other how much he missed him and how much he loves him still.

They have done it countless times before and each time is better than the one before. This one nonetheless, is even much greater since it’s not only a make-up , it’s surrendering to the truth. The truth that they’re meant to be together, that no matter how foolish their decisions are, their love is too strong to be broken.

With each hard , love words are being shouted, and with each kiss, deep emotions are bursting out.

 

 

They re-marry in the same church, the same priest, the same guests, the same rings… the same everything, yet different feelings. They were in love the first time, but now that love heightened because they have tasted what it’s like to be apart, the bitterness of separation, and neither is willing to try it ever again.

They’re in love and they’re happy. They may have experienced a hiccup for a couple of years, but it only made them stronger. It made them crave for each other more, understand each other better, and wanting nothing but to grow old together.

 

 

“Thank you for the second chance”

Kyuhyun whispers, smiling at their entwined hands before leaning his head on his husband’s shoulder.

“I love you so much, Kyu”

Siwon states, hands tightening on Kyuhyun’s before raising it to his mouth and planting a kiss on it.

Kyuhyun smiles as he pulls away enough to stare at his lover’s tender orbs.

“I will never let you go again. I promise”

Siwon smiles back, capturing Kyuhyun’s lips into a short kiss before whispering “Even if you do, I won’t let you. This time I’ll stop you”

“You won’t have to”

Kyuhyun assures him, snuggling his face deeper into the crook of Siwon’s neck and draping his free arm over his chest, embracing his husband tightly as the steward announces that the plane is about to take off... Their second honeymoon is waiting.

 

 

- end -

 

 


@Wubukyu Surprise! XD
Hope you'll like it ^^