Chapter 39

Jumping into an Alternate World
Please log in to read the full chapter

~*Narrator's POV*~

 

Chaemin approached Chanyeol with slight worry. "Chanyeol, are you okay?" She asked placing a hand on his wet fur cheeks.

Chanyeol whimpered, but it wasn't a whimper of pain but slight sadness. "Why?" Chanyeol asked.

Chaemin tilted her head, "Why, what?"

"Just tell me why?!" He said whimpering again. This time Chaemin was sort of confused, they had just had a happy time earlier so what possibly could have made him cry?

"I don't know what you're trying to tell me, Chanyeol" Chaemin chided while petting on Chanyeol's head but he took a few steps back from her.

"Why did you have to like Lay instead of me?" Chanyeol asked looking at Chaemin with watery eyes. Chaemin was taken aback by the question.

"W-What do you mean?" She shuttered, blinking a few times, approaching Chanyeol slowly.

"I could be your mate too... I...  I just really like you" Chanyeol hung his head low before Chaemin just kept a soft smile on her face.

"But Chanyeol... I... I like Yixi—"

"Can't you like me instead?!" Chanyeol growled slightly causing Chaemin to back away a few steps. Chanyeol just let out a sigh, "I know you won't be able to change it... I saw the way you worried about him, and I know he likes you back too..." He walked towards Chaemin and nudged her hand gently.

"If he hurts you... Just tell me alright?" Chanyeol looked at Chaemin with a cute wolfy smile which made her laugh.

"Thank you Chanyeol" Was all Chaemin replied, petting him on the head and then she gave him a light peck on the cheek.

"We better get some shut eye, Its been a rough day. Glad it's all over though" He said as she nodded. He the  led the way to the cave along with Chaemin and drifted off to sleep.

 

~*~*~*~

 

A day passed since the tree was restored to its full power, and EXO was joined back together. They had been spending the passed day taking pictures on Chaemin's phone which was oddly still in good condition and was on full battery. She even taught Kris, C

Please log in to read the full chapter