I'm sorry

Not Good Enough

I heard you laughing in class the other day. The sound was both beautiful and painful to hear. Though i wanted to cover my ears and block my eyes and just escape that tiny room, my eyes controlled themselves and wandered towards you only to find you looking straight back at me.

Words can't explain how happy i was in that moment. How high my hopes rose when i saw that familliar gleam in your eyes. The gleam that always seemed to be present when you'd stare at me in awe, call me beautiful or the look you would give to me just before you would pull me in for a hug and leave me breathless after kissing me. I thought for a moment that you were mine again. That i had finally gotten my love back, but as quickly as the gleam in your eyes appeared, it disappeared just like it had last year.

flashback

"Hyorin ah, stop drinking your already drunk enough" Daehyun clung onto Hyorin's arm steadying his stumbling girlfriend in the hallway of Yong Guks house. The screams and loud music of the party were giving him a headache but he chose to stay to look after her since she was such a hopeless drunk.

"Yah!~ I'm not even that drunk, let go" She swung her arm out of his grip and pulled her mini dress down at the bottom, making sure it wasn't riding high then looked Daehyun in the eyes and wrapped her arms around his waist, snuggling her head into his chest and giggling but he just pulled his head back, disgusted by the heavy smell of alchohol that lingered in the air after she spoke.

"Stop it, you're so unattractive when you're drunk" His voice was stern and he meant it. He didn't like seeing her like this, sloppy and ready to hug anything and anyone, when she was drunk she was shameless. There was no bounds to what she'd do, one time he even had to chase after her while she ran down a busy road at night, crossing infront of cars and lying on the pavements laughing like a crazy person. The only reason he tolerates her drinking is because she barely ever does it, she's not the type to party every weekend, she just drinks on special occassions and since it was Yong Guk's 21st of course she should be allowed to.

"What? You think i'm ugly?" She pouted at him. Any other time he would have found it extremely cute, but at the moment he couldn't even stand it.

" I never said that" He clenched his jaw tight, fighting hard against the urge to just leave or put her in a car and take her home. "Wait here, im gonna go get me a drink. 

"nehhh" She stood in the hallway and beamed up at him, smiling like a little kid.

"aissh" Daehyun stepped outside of the house and into the garage where everyone was dancing and grinding to the music. He spotted Yong Guk in the middle of the floor and pushed his way into the crowd, finally reaching him.

"YAH! WHERES THE DRINKS AT?!" Daehyun had to yell to be heard above the music and Yong Guk just pointed towards the box under the table at the other side of the garage. Slowly Daehyun made his way towards the box, constantly geting jostled in the crowd of dancing bodies and quickly getting fed up with it. Finally, he had a drink in hand and made his way back to the doorway to get inside to hyorin.

"aish, sorry it took a while, you wouldn't believe how packed it's gotten out th-" Daehyun looked up while opening his bottle and what his eyes saw made him drop it altogether. There in front of his eyes, he was witnessing the most heart shattering moment he could think of. Hyorin was propped up against the wall, legs wrapped around some guy, kissing him with her hands all over him. Daehyun left, left the hallway, left the party, and left her.

............

Hyorin finally broke the kiss and looked up into Daehyun's eyes but the alchohol still blurred her vision. Slowly she began to notice something... Those eyes, those aren't Daehyun's eyes... 

"ahhhh!" she pushed this stranger off and watched as he slammed against the wall. He just smirked down at her and moved back towards her.

"What? Now you decide you don't want it? Sorry hunny, that's not how it works..." He pushed her harder against the wall, easily holding her in place regardless of her attempts to break free

"GET. OFF. ME. YOU. JERK!" She kicked harder and tried to push him away, he let go of one of her hands and for a second she thought he had given up, but just as she was about to move he pinned her again, she felt something hard on her thigh and looked down only to see that he had unbuckled his belt.

"keep quiet, you'll like it, honest" The tears sprang to her eyes and she screamed louder, kicking and moving as hard as she could

"LET ME GO!" Her face - Now streaked with tears - was scrunched up in pain as he tightened his grip on her wrists.

"You won't feel a thing" He whispered to her menacingly... 

oh god, this is really happening She thought. I'm really about to get

Then out of the blue he dropped her, taken aback by a hard blow to the side of the head. Yong Guk stood over him and looked down at Hyorin who was a frozen mess on the floor.

"Who the do you think you are? huh?" He bent down and grabbed the guy by the collar lifting him a little then smashed his fist into his face again.
"You ing piece of !" He was infuriated, he smashed his fist into the guy's face a few more times until he heard a satisfying crack when he broke his nose then left him on the floor, coughing up on himself in a bloody mess. He ran over to Hyorin and - although they weren't close - sat next to her and pulled her into his chest, cradling her and comforting her. She cried and sobbed, soaking his shirt, but all he could do was hold her and feel absolute rage with what had just happened, god knows what could've happened if he was a minute late. He dismissed the thought quickly.

"Where the hell is Daehyun?" He asked. Hyorin remembered a person standing next to her when she was kissing who she thought was Daehyun earlier.

"Oh god!" She sobbed uncontrolably in his lap when he asked."Oppa, please don't tell him about this. Please!"

Yong Guk looked conflicted and disapproaved of lying to his best friend, but finally agreed to it. Hyorin knew it was for the best. Even if she explained the situation to Daehyun and he accepted her apology she knew it was the wrong thing to do. Since she met him her life had been so beautiful and bright and happy, she had known unmeasurable amounts of hapiness and embraced every moment of it. But for Daehyun she had only brought drama into his life and bad habits. She was a bad influence for him. She was bad for him, she didn't want to drag him down anymore than she already did... Even though she was drunk, her thoughts were crystal clear and she knew she had to do the rigth thing and let him go.

END OF FB

 

Once the gleam left in that moment, i saw the stab of pain you had when you looked at me.
even though we only caught eachother's gaze for a split second, i saw the pain and then just as if we were strangers, you rolled your eyes away from mine. Before the tears had time to spill, before everyone found out what a wreck i really was inside, i ran out of the room. But I'm not blind. I saw you hesitate. I saw you half stand up with concern in your eyes about to chase after me. I saw you yearn to hold me and ask me what's wrong, but you sat down and she sat down next to you. Even though she reached up to kiss you on your cheek i saw your eyes follow me out the door and your body move in my direction but you didn't make it to me. That's right, stay sitting my love. You deserve so much better. I'm sorry we ended like that. I'm sorry you don't know the truth... I hope she treats you better than i did and gives you everything i could only dream of bringing into your life

No matter what you think. No matter what i did, I'm forever yours. I love you.