Getting to Know Teukie...

One Year

(Abby’s POV)

“What are we going to do!?” Alyssa screamed at me, the second we got back to the Super Junior dorm.

“What do you mean?”

“We didn’t sign up for this! SM is doing what they always do! They change the contracts after you are signed on for a certain amount of time that we can’t get out of!”

“You know that we could just do what he is telling us too…it isn’t like we haven’t ever danced choreography before and haven’t sung…”

Alyssa sighed at me. “I guess you are right, but this still pisses me off.”

I looked down at my sheet music. “Damn…this is so freaking easy.”

She looked down at her own. “Dude, you are right…does this mean that we are going to have a very hard dance or singing part?”

It was my turn to sigh. “I don’t know…but the least we could do is practice it.”

We walked into our separate rooms and got our instruments and music stands and stole a couple of chairs from the breakfast room and set ourselves up in the living room.

Alyssa grinned as she was opening up her viola case.

“What are you smiling at?” I asked, putting some rosin on my bow. (Rosin is the stuff that makes the hair on the ‘stick’ that string players move across their strings, stick to the string and pull across to make music)

“Well…we are sitting in Super Junior’s dorms…This is something that you and I would have died for a couple of months ago. We have everything that we have been hoping for the last few years.”

I held back a giggle. “I guess you are right,” I said positioning my cello against myself and looking at the sheet music sitting on the stand in front of us. “We are the luckiest girls alive right now.”

We ran through the piece almost perfectly the first time that we played it.

“Oh my gosh that was easy…” she said.

The door opened a few seconds later and Super Junior walks in the room. “Oh! They are practicing!" Minnie yelled in excitement.

"…You know we have a practice studio for that.” Eunhyuk said glumly looking at Alyssa.

Alyssa scowled at him.

“Well, let’s hear it!” Henry said eager to listen to us.

I looked at Alyssa. “Should we?”

She thought about it for a minute. “We should play the piece that got us into SM.”

I smiled. “Good idea.”

My nerves were flaring and my heart was pounding again. I can’t believe how nervous I get when just a few guys are standing there to listen to us…well they are extremely famous and have some awesome musicians in the group…

I shook my cramping bow hand out and stretched my fingers on my left hand that held the strings down.

“Ready?” she asked me, like she did on our concert night.

I concentrated for that comfort zone that I needed to sink into before I perform. I pictured myself back in my room at home, with the soft hum of music coming through my wall where my sister was listening to the sweet sound of Neil Diamond’s voice. I imagined myself in the tiny room –covered by Super Junior and SHINee posters and found my heart rate slowing down.

Finally I looked up at Alyssa and she cued me in, just like she did on stage and we began to play.

Throughout the performance, I forgot that I was even playing and began to look around as my hands floated across the strings, my hands doing it all by memory.

I looked at their faces and laughed as I continued to play, because I saw their faces consisted of a lot of jaws that had fallen to the floor.

I turned my head away and looked at Alyssa who was enjoying playing too and laughed at me as we continued to play the long song.

I looked back at them, to see the other SM groups standing in the opened door that stupid Super Junior forgot to close. They too, had gaping mouths.

I quickly turned away, embarrassed that they were all standing there, all my idols, and looked at Alyssa for the big finish.
“I was wondering when you would look at me,” she told me while still playing.

“You know I only look at the last minute,” I grinned at her.

The music stopped as the bows froze two feet above the strings.

Everyone in the room clapped, just like they did in the audience on stage and Alyssa nodded to me and we started to play again: me doing my 4 octave arpeggio and Alyssa doing the melody again, getting an octave higher each time I went higher.

Then we finally stopped for good.

The room, just like before roared in clapping and I felt myself blush as I put my cello down and stood with Alyssa to walk to the group.

“Yah, Henry, they are sooooo much better than you!” Teukie said.

We both blushed and looked down.

“Nah. We just practice a lot.”

“Well so does he, but he doesn’t sound like that!” Eunhyuk said, picking on Henry.

He pouted. “Well they have probably been playing longer than me…”

We shook our heads, hating to disappoint him. “No…I have been playing since I was nine and Alyssa ten.”

“Oh…”

“I don’t believe that we have met,” said Jonghyun breaking through the crowd of Super Junior with the rest of SHINee following him.

“I’m Jonghyun, and this is Onew, Key, Minho, and Taemin.”

We both bowed to them.

“Yeah…” Alyssa just HAD to say. “We know you guys.”

“You do?” Taemin freaked with his adorable smile. “You know who we are?!”

We both nodded.

“Well, who is your favorite?” Taemin asked.

“Taemin…” Onew tried to stop him.

Alyssa blushed. “Jonghyun is Abby’s bias and Taemin is mine.”

“REALLY?!” Taemin said hugging her.

She blushed really hard again and accepted the hug.

“So what are you doing in the Super Junior dorms?” Jessica from SNSD asked.

“Well, actually, our dorm got flooded on accident…” Alyssa said, refusing to make eye contact with anyone because she was still blushing.

“Oh. That makes sense,” said Tiffany.

“Wait, what? Why do you have a dorm here?!”

“Oh!” Siwon said, “They are the next SM group!”

“That is so cool!” they all exclaimed. “That was a really good performance too!”

“Thank you,” we both said, really embarrassed if this is how the rest of the year is going to be like.

“Abby, they are going to the store to get more food in the house. Do you wanna come?” Alyssa asked me later, peeking her head in the room.

I looked up at her and looked down at my note pad in front of me. I shook my head. “Nah…I really need to get these lyrics down…you can go ahead and go…” I said, really wishing that I could go.

She sighed. “What ever.” She said and left the room.

A few minutes later, the whole dorm was silent and I, being the very ADD girl I was, got up and walked into the living room, with my note pad, hoping that if I listened to some music, I could be inspired and finish the song really quick so I could rest in peace tonight without it lingering over my head.

I grabbed my MP3 player and walked over to the computer and disconnected the speakers, plugging them into my MP3.

A few seconds later, Katy Perry’s “Firework” was playing.

(Teukie’s POV)

I was busy reading a book when I heard a song play from the living room…I thought that I was the only one home. Who could that be in the living room?

A moment later the lyrics started to play, and I realized that they were in English…It must be Alyssa or Abby. I walked into the hallway and saw Abby, holding her phone as a microphone and singing with the song.

“Baby you’re a firework!

Come on show ‘em what your worth!

Make ‘em go ‘Oh! Oh! Oh!’

As you shoot across the sky-y-y!”

I laughed under my breath. She looked so cute being herself.

I haven’t seen her like this…she is usually scowling or using some very dry sarcasm.

She stood up and started singing at the top of her lungs and acting as if she was actually singing to an audience and holding the phone like she was really on stage.

She was just too cute! ^^

I laughed a little and she stopped singing, looking at me in horror.

Oh! Now she is so adorable!!! I just want to hug her!

“What are you doing!?” she shrieked, running over to her cheep version of an iPod and turning the music off.

I walked into the living room and saw that she disconnected our computer speakers and plugged them into her cheep iPod. “You know that disconnecting peoples stuff isn’t nice to do right?” I asked her, trying to hide back my grin.

“Yeah, so? I can put it back, plus I thought that I was the only one home.” She snapped at me.

I turned away to not show my smile, then swallowed it and turned back to look at her.

“Well you aren’t the only one home…I am home too. And I thought that I was the only one that was home too,” I said, walking over to the couch and sitting in it. I patted the seat next to me. “Come sit.”

“I’d rather not, but thank you.” She said, sitting back in the computer desk and grabbing her note pad and began to think.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

She looked at me and scowled again. “Can I think in peace? Sheesh…you guys are nothing like I’d imagine you to be…except for Siwon.”

“Oh, so you know Super Junior?”

Abby nodded at me. “Yes. I was an ELF. Now can I please concentrate here?”

I let her sit in peace for a few minutes, and watched her write down a few lines of paper then decided to interrupt her concentration again. Hehehe…the evil maknae is rubbing off of me. XD

“You have a really good voice by the way…It sounds just like her…”

She looked at me oddly, her long hair falling over her face. She blew her hair away and tucked it behind her ear.

“Really?” she asked me.

I nodded at her. “It is very good. Seeing how you were also moving around and doing some dancing when you were singing, I can’t wait to hear you guys live. Have you sang long?”

She hesitated, confused that we were having this conversation and turned her whole body to look at me.

Oh my gosh, her long hair shapes her face so beautifully and her green shirt makes her eyes pop.

“Um…well, my family sings. They all do it at church and stuff though. We are kind of musical I guess you would say…but no, I haven’t had voice lessons or what ever you want to call it, so I have only sang for fun.”

“So you haven’t done any auditions or anything?” I asked, shocked that her voice hasn’t shown off yet.

She shook her head. “Nope…to be honest, I am soooo afraid of crowds…like the night that Alyssa and I performed for the charity that got us in SM Entertainment, I was seriously about to pass out.”

“Yeah, earlier when you guys played for us I realized that you were nervous.”

She frowned. “Well that’s just great. I was really hoping that my nervousness wasn’t going to be showing.”

“On the upside though, once you got comfortable you were VERY comfortable and even began talking to Alyssa.”

She smiled at me. “Is that a good thing or a bad thing?”

“It’s a very good thing. I’m glad that we have a different group like you guys…well girls. It is a lot different to have foreigners come over and that know English and stuff. It will bring a lot of publicity to the company.”

“Thank you. You don’t know how much I needed to hear that.”

She turned back around and looked at her note pad again. After a few minutes of staring blankly at it, she flipped it back in frustration. “Ah, who am I kidding…I can’t write a song while I’m this sleepy.”

So she was trying to write a song? Oh…

She looked at her MP3 player and began to search through her music.

“What are you going to play?”

She looked up at me and grinned.

The next second, I hear “Miracle” begin to play.

I shook my head in embarrassment. “Man this is our old school stuff! Why don’t you play something new?”

She laughed as she sang along with it. “Because as cheesy as it may sound, I want a guy to tell me something similar to this one day.”

“Ohhh,” I said laughing at her.

We were swaying back and forth singing the song when I realized, this is the happiest I have been in a while…Why does she make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside???

I sighed.

Am I falling for a girl I don’t know?

 


Ah! Hi guys!!! Sorry for the late update! It was supposed to be flipflops34's turn to write but noooo, she had to go and get herself grounded...grrrr...And when she was 'un-grounded' we went to the symphony together for The 4th of July (America's Independence Day) so we couldn't exactly write a chapter then...

So, I hope you liked this chapter. We are finally getting into the chapters and will make it more interesting from here on out. I PROMISE! ...it won't be all musical and stuff the entire time, because I realize that you guys aren't all like flipflops34 and I who adore classical music and love to play our instruments.

Please, comment, suggest, subscribe!!! :DDD

(Oh, and ps, if you haven't heard Fireworks by Katy Pery, it is such a good song with such a good message telling you to be yourself. I usually hate her music because it sends the wrong messages to teens across the world, but I highly recommend this one)