Not Bad.

Rubix Cube

Jeongsa's P.o.v

I was awoken by a clinking sound coming from somewhere I am not interested. I covered my ears with my pillow but the sound just couldn't stop pricking my ears. I sit up straight and rub my eyes from sleepiness. I looked at the clock '6:00 a.m' it's frickn' 6:30 a.m in the morning and someone is already ruining my beauty sleep.

Groaning on my way in front of my curtains. I forcefully grabbed the hem of it and opened it. I was so irritated at the scene happening beyond my eyes. Mr. Jerk was standing in front of my house, throwing small rocks at my window. I glared at him; its becoming a habit of mine when his in my sight.

He smiled again, like he always do. He waved his hand and mouthed 'Good morning!'. I grab the curtain and close it quickly as i could; blocking my eyes from irritation.

A minute passed; I sighed in relief, thinking that he was already gone. then, the clinking sound returned. I opened the curtain and saw him still standing at the same spot, smiling in success. He pointed something he was holding, from the looks of it, it look like soccer ball. He lift it up above his head and asking me to play with him. I didn't respond and kept my poker face. He waved his hand asking me to come down and pointed me then himself and then the soccer ball, asking me again. I shook my head numerous times. I don't want to play soccer, especially with him. Then he nod many times trying to make me agree. I shook my head again and then he nod again. We were like that for a minute. I shook my head for the last time. but he wasn't going to give u yet. He pouted and looked at me with his puppy eyes, pleading.

I remembered that I have something to deal with him. I nod and sighed in defeat. He clapped his hands in joy. He mouthed 'Backyard' pointing at the place with his fingers, telling me to meet him there.

I turned around and didn't bother responding on whatever is he doing.

I change into some nice clothes. since its summer, I wore a simple pinkish sleeveless dress partnered with my brand new sandals my mom bought me as a gift on my birthday yesterday. I braided my hair but there are some slight strands left beside my ears making it beautiful. I grabbed the Rubix Cube he gave me last night, holding it tight; afraid that I might forgot to bring it.

My decision is settled. I went out of my room and walked straight to the backyard.

 


 

He wasn't there, there was no one, but me. I was confused. I knew I took time to dress up to make him wait for me much more longer. I looked around, then there was a hard pang on my head.

'ah!' I softly whimpered as I rub my throbbing head. Then I saw a soccer ball rolling through the grass and exactly knew what happened. Mr. Jerk threw his soccer ball at my head. I looked at him with flames evident in my eyes I wanted to kill him on the spot if I could just run into the kitchen and grab a sharp knife, stabbing him by the use of it. I straightened my back and kept my piercing eyes on him.

"oops! I thought you're going to scream or something'" he scratched his head. I slowly walked to him, making him lean back slightly. I knew that he was scared of me when I stopped right in front him. I was a little bit sad that he was scared of me but at least I let him knew that he can't play jokes with me. I lifted my hand, He thought I was going to slap him or something'. He crossed both of his arms in front of him, trying to block his face. He closed his eyes shut waiting for the impact of my hand. I smirked happily watching the scene. He didn't expect me to grab one of his hands and placed something he once owned. He peeked in one of his eyes. He realized that I wasn't planing on hitting him, but it was a nice plan though. He straightened his posture and glanced at the thing I gave him.

"Why are you giving it back? Don't you like it?" He was wearing a confused look as he eyed the Rubix cube he gave me last night. despite the fact that I hate him, I was a bit guilty giving it back to him, It is quite rude to give a gift back.

I nodded, avoiding his eyes as I keep my attention on my feet.

"Why? Don't you want to be friends with me?' He arched his brows and pouted like a lost puppy. well.. I really don't. I didn't respond as I kept my position as is.

"Fine." He pulled me to the swings and sat me down forcefully by my shoulders. He sat next to me and didn't utter words.

I stayed in a steady phase watching him go higher and higher, almost touching the sky if that was possible. He was smiling, not to me, but at the solemn horizon. He slowly closed his eyes feeling the heat of the radiating sunrays. I never thought he could be this peaceful, damn! he is so handsome.. wait did I just thought of that?

He noticed that I was looking at him, mesmerized. I shook my head instantly as he glanced on my way to wake me up from my trance. He laughed out of nowhere. When his laughter finally subsided, he gazed at me seriously "You're cute.." He smiled at me making butterflies erupt on my chest. I looked away, and darted my eyes somewhere else far from him. He giggled again "Blushing aren't you... well, at least I can make you feel something more than irritation.." He smiled sadly.

so, he knew from the start the I dislike him. but why is he still insisting in befriending me?

"How can you live without any friends?" he sighed "Well at least have one.. one friend is enough, right?"

I nodded. I asked the same question to myself. How can I live without any friends? for me, having my family is enough; providing my needs, someone to love me. but a friend? what does it feels like to have a friend?

"A friend who will be there for you, someone to make you feel special, making you smile with little things, protecting you... someone who will love you for who you are.." he stared blankly on a space thinking deeply on his words. then he faced me like he has some great idea. "ah! I forgot...  you didn't introduce yourself to me yet.. and maybe, you already forgot my name... I didn't have the chance to introduce myself properly yesterday so, My name is Lu Han, they also call me deer boy.. but you can call me whatever you'd like" he confirmed me with his signature smile. " so... what's your name?"

I really don't want to tell him so I stayed quiet. He pouted and looked on the ground, kicking his foot on the dirt. then he looked at me again with bright eyes. "If you don't want to tell me, I'll just guess then!... but! If i guessed your name correctly, will be friends from now on, ok? let me think..hmmm" He furrowed his brows and placed his hand under his chin thinking thoroughly. then he looked at my eyes deeply ".. because your so quiet and have the most angelic face I have ever met... let me guess.. your name is Jeongsa (/>means Angel in English<\\)" He grinned.

"H-how did you know...?" I asked him unobtrusively. I was shocked at the fact that he guessed my name so easily. but I was confused co'z he was wearing the same shocked face I had. He stand up abruptly and pointed a finger at me "D-did you just speak to me?" 

Well duh.. I did, I rolled my eyes at the obvious question. "you didn't answer my question.." I said softly calling his attention.

He looked at me "Like I said, Because you're so quiet and have the most angelic face I have ever met.. It's very obvious.."

I can feel sincerity in his words so I didn't questioned him further more. "We're friends now:)) if that's the case, let's play!" he grab my arm but I pulled it away and shook my head. I don't want to play stuffs that can break my bones, like soccer, sitting here is enough. "Fine!! but you have to follow me!" he tried to pull me but I pried my arm from his grip "Don't worry.. we will not do anything that involves bone breaking... just follow me.. trust me.." he said tugging my arm.

can I trust him? he is my only friend. trusting him won't hurt right? I let him drag me. I realized that there was a door at our fence. 'so, that's how he went here.. I thought he jumped over from the other side' I thought. as we enter to somewhere that looks like his backyard.

I don't usually go to other places other than my house and my room. so I was a little bit conscious on my actions. I  stroll my eyes at the place , checking if there are other people present. His house was huge, I think this was the biggest house in the neighborhood not that I stroll around the place. well.. this was the first house that I've ever been in to other than my own house. this was only their backyard and it was almost the size of our lot. they also have a mini soccer field and beside it was a small picnic table under the shade of an oak tree.

He made me sit by pushing me down on the picnic table forcefully as he sat beside me. I was a bit uncomfortable so I moved a bit, making a perfect space between us. He looked at me with confused eyes. "why are you so afraid? I won't hurt you.. " he shifted in his sit, leaving no space between us.

I tried to avoid his gaze as I looked down, playing with my fidgeting fingers, resting on the table.

He yawned and looked at me. then I heard some shuffling sounds, I was about to look at him but then, I felt a sudden heaviness on my thigh, I was startled by him. His head was on my lap and He was smiling at me sheepishly.

I don't like people acting so close to me. I would push them right away or send them a death glare. but, why don't I feel like pushing him? It wasn't uncomfortable but I feel a little happy and I don't know why. I flushed unknowingly, good thing that he wasn't able to see it co'z I looked away quickly.

"You're bored too aren't you? Do you want to see some tricks?" he grinned

what now? is he a magician or something? but I really don't have choice. He'll just force me to say something I don't like so I nodded anyway.

He fished the Rubix cube in his pocket and brought it to the level of his face "I'll solve this in a minute.." He said it confidently.

eh.. Is he joking? only experts can do that, but a dork like him? psh! you've got to be kidding me.

"I'll make it this way, If I solved this within a minute.. you'll smile for me! ok? You don't have much of a choice so... GAME!"

He didn't even gave me a chance to disagree. I hate smiling, Especially to him. his fingers were smoothly rotating every piece, he was so fast. I propped my elbow and place my chin on my palm while watching him solve. I know deep in my mind that I know he's a nice guy, but why do I act that I hate him. With his looks; pointy nose, big round doe eyes, plump lips that I really want to tast-- wait.. I should stop day dreaming. I shook my head to concentrate more of what his doing.

I was about to laugh at his expressions but I've decided it's better to stay quiet. He was like face dancing, his brows were almost connected. he scrunched his nose making me giggle a little hopefully he didn't heard me, thankfully he didn't, He was lost in solving the piece of toy in his hand. I looked at him intently with a smile lingering on my face.

'56...55..' It was almost time. '58..'

"YAH!! I'M FINIS-- why are you looking at me like that?" he tilted his head.

"nothing..." I couldn't hold my laughter anymore, so I giggled a little as I look away from him to hide my flushed face " Yah!! is this true?" he sat up abruptly, almost clashing onto my face. He pointed me "Did you really laughed?" he flashed an irritating smile. "Is it because of me?"

Of course it's because of you... and your silly face. I'm not a crazy person who laughs at nothing.. I'm not like him!  I rolled my eyes.

he giggled and his face went serious " well then.. You accept me now right? as a friend..." I glanced at him. he was looking on his lap " If you're not ready to accept me, it's fine with me. I don't want to force you to something you don't want to do ( 'you already did' ) but just so you know, I'll protect you no matter what, I'll make you feel special and I promise to never leave you.. so.. all you have to do is to trust me.." He looked at me with puppy eyes.

"I already did" it came out a whisper but he heard it anyway.

A smile was formed instantly on his face. It felt like everything was in slow motion. the wind blows making the leaves fall from the tree. I looked at his dreamy eyes. He wasn't that bad after all. He just want me to feel something different and I'm thankful for that. I just hoped he wouldn't leave me. co'z he was my only friend.

He saw a beautiful flower on the table, blown by the strong wind. He picked it up and stretched his hand to me offering it. I accept it with a smile on my face.

"A friend.. making you smile with little things.. That's me.." He smiled melting me little by little.

'He wasn't that bad after all', I smiled truly this time.

 

 

 


 

 

ah.... I know it's kinda' boring... and it was short.. sorry... I hope that you understand my confusing writing, tell me if you're confused at some parts maybe I can explain it to you... parkmchoi i love you too!! and I didn't checked it yet so , there might be some wrong spellings and grammars..