Affection

Affection

Affection

TITLE: Affection
PAIRING: Jeongguk and You
GENRE: Fluff
WORD COUNT: 1,732
LISTEN TO THIS: I like it

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-:-:-:-

 

One gloomy evening, a knock on her door woke her up. Marching towards the door clumsily, Sami reached for the knob and twisted it. She rubbed her eyelids and opened them when she heard Mr.Jang spoke.

“Uh, Sami, a new tenant came, the rooms for boys are already crowded … and “ Mr.Jang studied Sami’s reaction who didn’t even flinch, still lost because of the interrupted slumber. “ You don’t have a roommate and your room is big so … “He fidgeted nervously waiting for Sami’s outburst of complains.

“Kay “ Sami mumbled softly but clear enough. She walked back to her bed, pulling the covers over head.

Mr.Jang turned and faced his new tenant, “Jeongguk that’s Sami. She’s your noona actually since you’re just sixteen. She agreed you heard that right? You can now enter. That bed is yours and the drawers and cabinets beside it is yours too, fix your things now. I’m leaving, thank you for the three months advance kid! Night! “ Mr.Jang walked out of the room with his eyes glistening, new tenant, more money to come.

Jeongguk on the other hand closed the door, confused as to why Mr.Jang acted weirdly, earlier he was nervous then suddenly he became energetic all of a sudden. He realized he can never appreciate ‘old people’s’ antics.

He placed his things gently on the floor near his bed; he decided to just fix his things the next day. One last look on the sleeping figure few yards away from him and he then shut his eyes, drifting to dreamland.

 

 

-:-:-:-

 

 

“ AAAAAAAAH! “ A loud piercing scream woke Jeongguk, he found a girl infront of his bed facepalming while shouting her lungs out.

“ Hey! Can you shut up?” Jeongguk nagged turning his back from Sami whose eyes are bulging out of their sockets.

Seriously? I thought this girl is quiet in the way she answered Mr.Jang last night. Ugh, seems like I have to deal with this old ahjumma. Jeongguk rolled his eyes, and tried to sleep again. Impossible.

“ Yah! Why are you here?! “ Sami asked with full conviction while shaking Jeongguk to wake him up.

The boy sat up and faced the fuming female he hoped will disappear before his sight.

“I am your new roommate! Go away will you? I am tired, I want to sleep. “ He stared at the girl angrily, at least at her feet. It’ll be a disrespect to look at your noona with anger. He thought. At least.

“ No way! You are fooling me, you broke in! I’ll tell this to Mr.Jang! “ Sami stomped both of her feet and made her way out of the room to call Mr.Jang.

Jeongguk sighed. He pushed the covers away and stood up. “I’ll just fix my things, ugh. Girls these days. “He shooked his head while rummaging through his bag.

 

 

-:-:-:-

 

 

 

After few minutes of clearing everything on her mind, Sami walked back to her room only to find Jeongguk reading a book with his legs crossed on the bed.

She decided to just talk to herself, or more like talk to Jeongguk about ‘kid you should leave’.

Then she remembered Mr.Jang’s last words. “He’s your dongsaeng, I guess you’ll take care of him.”

“Take Care your face Mr.Jang! I hate you!” She rolled her eyes and sat on her bed, pulling the covers to fix them so she can finally start her day.

“Little fat bunny!” Sami turned to face Jeongguk but the boy didn’t even look up to acknowledge her presence.

“YAH!” still no answer.

“Yah! You kid!” Sami’s blood starts to boil, this kid is a pain in the .

“Why aren’t you looking at me? I’m talking to you!” Sami shouted.

When Jeongguk looked up and stared at her face, she blushed. She was taken aback; the ‘little fat bunny’ she’s calling is someone who you cannot compare the face, a face that’s near to perfection. A face that can be a model who poses for the cover of a magazine.

She blinked.

“ I have a name just so you know, Noona. “ He said emphasizing the last word. Jeongguk brought his attention back to the book, showing no interest in talking to his roommate.

On the other hand, Sami felt her cheeks burn. She can imagine how pink her cheeks are at the moment. She blushes easily and it is very noticeable because of her pale white skin. She turned her back and tried to block her face with her long hair.

Geez, I am not supposed to feel this way.

 

 

 

-:-:-:-

 

 

Two months passed by, the two grew accustomed to each other. And as always they would bicker at things, they always have different views and things end up hanging on the air whenever one of them would give up on fighting anymore.

Until one afternoon.

“You see Jeongguk, It’ll be much better if you will just move that cabinet a little away from my space.” Sami commented calmly staring at the said boy.

“You said we can divide the room EQUALLY, not three-fourths as your part.” Jeongguk spat. He fixed his alarm clock on the top of his side table.

“But Jeongguk I’m a girl, I need more space.”

“I am a boy, I need more space too.”

“Hey! I am your noona you can’t just do this to me!”She said, frustrated. Her voice raised in an unexpected pitch.

“I love you noona.” Jeongguk himself was shocked on what he just said. He gulped.

Sami froze on her spot. She heard it right. She’s not deaf. She has no hearing problems. She blinked several times, when she already composed herself; she turned to look at Jeongguk who’s staring at her too.

“Very funny “ She released a tensed laugh and then made her way out of the room, running.

Her heart was ramming inside her ribcage, like any minute it’ll come out and just jump away. Her breathings became erratic. How come those words made her feel somewhat happy and sad at the same time?

A normal reaction to that is smile and tell her dongsaeng ‘I love you too’. But saying those words to Jeongguk never crossed her mind. Because only the thought of it can make her go insane already.

She’s older than Jeongguk for goodness sake. She’s a noona. And in her family it’s a disgrace.

Even the society accepts that kind of love, noona-dongsaeng kind of love still, in other people’s eyes it’s wrong.

Sami can feel her chest weigh too heavy, the feeling is foreign. She can’t even put everything into words.

It’s too hard.

Really hard to accept.

Your liking someone and

The timing is perfect.

Everything is in place, seems like fate sides on you

But a dongsaeng … is another story.

 

 

-:-:-:-

 

 

 

Jeongguk grew nervous when that night Sami isn’t back yet. He shut his eyes tightly; maybe he’s just worrying too much. Maybe she just visited someone in the neighborhood …. In the middle of the night.

It was halfway of his stay with Sami when he realized that he’s starting to fall for her. His antics of teasing her, mocking her just to get her full attention made him happy enough.It practically completes his day. At first he was afraid to admit it but later on he gave in on his feelings. What’s to deny when you just love someone, and doing nothing to harm the other one? Right?

His ears perked up when he heard the door open and reveals a soaking wet Sami. With the raindrops heard from the outside, seems like Sami let herself get wet on the rain. She was shivering while walking to her bed.

Action, Jeongguk stand right away and reached for his towel to cover it on Sami’s body. He grabbed the mono block and placed it infront of his noona. Sami stayed there breathing but not moving. She watched as Jeongguk opened her cabinet and pulled some pajamas.

“Let’s go to the bathroom. “ Sami held Jeongguk’s hand and let him lead her to the white tiled cr inside their shared room.

“Can you change alone, noona? “ Jeongguk asked softly with a pinch of awkwardness and a cup of concern.

Sami nodded and entered the shower part of the bathroom. She let the water flow on her body until all the dirt was washed away together with the negative thoughts.

After what seems like years, she exited the shower room wearing her pajamas.

She looked up only to see Jeongguk carrying a towel on his left hand and a cup of tea on the right one.

Her heart skipped a beat; her knees are starting to wobble like any minute she’ll fall down. Too many emotions for a day, the events of her day were an avalanche.

She grabs a hold of the tea and started sipping on it.

Sami didn’t utter any word yet when they reached her bed.

“ Noona …. “ Jeongguk is lost. He can’t find any perfect combination of words to tell Sami at least how he feels at the moment.

The latter stand up. She’s still battling with her mind whether to talk to Jeongguk or not and just let the incident pass.

She chose the third choice in her mind.

“ Can you come closer? “ She said above whisper, her voice cracked a little because of colds.

Jeongguk obeyed. He marched little by little towards Sami until their faces are clear to each other’s view.

Sami have to take note that Jeongguk is taller than her, a lot.

They stared at each other’s eyes. The feeling is like staring into horizon, an unending horizon. Both of them are melting whenever a second pass.

Both love the presence of each other.

Sami stepped closer and without any second thought, circled her arms around Jeongguk who’s really shocked to react. She rested her head on his shoulder and moaned at the feeling of satisfaction and warmth. There’s nothing to hide anyways, although she hasn’t uttered any word about her feelings, maybe her actions can tell it. Jeongguk’s cheeks are tinting red and he can’t still process what’s happening infront of him. Until he calmed himself and hugged his noona back.

“Noona , Saranghae.” Jeongguk planted a kiss on Sami’s hair. The smell of her hair lingering on his nose, he loves it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this one.
cr. for the owner of the pic song and vid.