Ironic

Love Stood Still

Kim woke up as her phone rings

 

"Hmm.. Hello?"

 

"Good morning Kim.. Sorry to wake you up. I'd like to ask a favor if you don't mind.." Yam on the other line

 

"Uh, sure Yam.. What is it?" Kim sat down in her bed

 

"Hmm.. It's my mom's birthday in 2 days.. I'd like to bake her a cake. Pie used to tell me you're good on it.."

 

Kim smiled, "You'd ike me to teach you how?"

 

Yam smiled on the other line. "Yes.. Well, if you don't mind."

 

"Hmm.. I actually have a flight for Australia tomorrow morning, I'll be back in a week. Do you have something to do today?"

 

"I don't, I don't. Yes! Thanks Kim.. Where should I meet you then?"

 

Kim smiled. "How about in your place instead?"

 

"We can't. Mom is here. She'll know. How about your place?"

 

"Hmm.. Okay then. What time should you come here?"

 

"Right now."

 

"Right now? Haha. Excited to learn eh?"

 

Yam giggles. "Haha yeah.. And you're leaving tomorrow so I should see you.."

 

"Huh?"

 

"I mean, I should be spending more time with you so in case my cake fails you're still here to make it right."

 

Kim smiled. "Okay okay.. Come here now then.. I'll take a shower now.."

 

Yam smiled. "Thanks Kim.. Will be there in an hour.."

 

"Okay.. Take care Yam." Kim heads to the shower room as Yam ends the call

 

She said she love me last night.. For what? To undo the pain I felt when she let Van kissed her? Kim chuckles with the thought 

 

Car beeps

 

"Good morning Van.." Pie's mom greeted as Van get off the car

 

Van smiled. "Good morning Auntie. Pie called me up said she wanted to talk about a private matter.."

 

Pie's mom nods. "I know. She told me. You should be dating on Saturday right?"

 

Van nods. "But I guess this is really important for her.."

 

Pie's mom smiled. "Yes. She's in the garden Van."

 

Van smiled, "Thanks Auntie.." He heads to the garden

 

"Hello Pie.."

 

Pie smiled as he saw Van approaching. "Hi.. You look good.."

 

"Thanks.. You're not bad yourself.."

 

Pie giggles. "Why thank you.. Let's have a cup of tea first." 

 

Van smiled, "Okay.."

 

"Thanks Pie.." Van said as he took the cup of tea

 

Pie smiled awkwardly. "Van.. There's something you should know.."

 

"Hmm? What is it Pie?"

 

"Hmm.. Err.. V-Van.. I'm so sorry.."

 

"Why are you sorry?"

 

"I.. I.. Remember everything n-now.."

 

Van pauses a moment & took few seconds to found his words. "I.. I see.. So.. W-What's your plan? Are you gonna tell Kim?"

 

Pie nods, "S-She has the right to know.."

 

Van faked a smile. "Yeah.. I know." He releaseda sigh. 

 

Pie held his hand. "Van.. I'm really sorry.."

 

Van smiled, "No worries Pie.. I am prepared for this."

 

"W-What do you mean?"

 

"The doctor said anterograde amnesia is just temporary.. The lost memories will come back in no time.. I was.. I was just hoping it would not come back this soon. But.. I'm happy it did. You know.. Much better."

 

Pie looked at Van to read his thoughts. He hugs her. "I'm happy you're back Pie.."

 

Pie smiled & hugs him back. "T-Thanks Van.."

 

Van let go of her. "I.. I should go now. I have a meeting in an hour.. Thanks for the tea Pie.. Take care of yourself."

 

Pie nods & smiled. "You too Van.. Thank you.."

 

Van nods & heads to his car.

 

I should get ready now.. Pie smiled as she went to her room to take a shower.

 

Door bells

 

"Good morning Kim.." 

 

Kim smiled. "Morning Yam.. Come in.." Yam nods & they head to the corridor

 

"By the way, this for you.." She hands the box

 

"What's this?"

 

Yam smiled. "You should open it to find out.."

 

Kim smiled. "It's been a while since someone gave me a present.." She giggles as she ripped off the cover

 

"Eiii! Thank you Yam.. This is so cute.." Kim hugs the puppy stuff

 

Yam smiled. "I was thinking you might be needing someone to cover your sadness.."

 

"Huh?"

 

"I.. I mean, something. Not someone though." Yam awkwardly smiled

 

Kim smiled, "Thanks Yam.. This is really cute.. Where did you get this?"

 

Yam smiled, "Mom bought that in Phuket.. Before she came home yesterday I called her for that."

 

"I see.. Say thanks to your mom for me then. Hmm.. I guess I should name her.. Yam."

 

"Yam?"

 

Kim nods & smiled. "Yeah.. Just as cute as you are." She winks

 

Yam felt her face turns red. She smiled. "I.. I am?"

 

Kim giggles. "Yep. Anyway, what kind of cake are you planning to bake?"

 

Yam followed Kim as she heads to her room. "Carrot cake. It's mom's favorite."

 

Kim smiled, "Sounds delicious." She put the stuff beside her pillow. "There.. She should be comfortable sleeping in my bed."

 

Yam giggles. "Sweetdreams then Yam.."

 

Kim smiled. "Thanks for this Yam.. Froggy & Brave have another sibling now." She giggles

 

"Haha Yeah.. Good thing Pie didn't take those stuffs with her when she moved out.."

 

Kim smiled. "Yeah.. Otherwise I might go crazy here alone.."

 

Yam smiled & hugs her. "You can always count me in if you needed someone to talk to.."

 

Kim hugs her back. "Thank you Yam.. You're such a good friend.."

 

Yam faces her. "If I could only open your heart for me Kim.."

 

Kim pauses & took time to looked at her. Yam moved closer.. 

 

"Kim.." Pie calls in the bedroom door

 

Kim immediately let go of her & search for words. "P-Pie.."

 

Yam awkwardly smiled, "Pie.. I.. I'm asking Kim to teach me how to bake a cake.. You told me--"

 

"Yeah she's good on it. Baking & cooking." She faked a smile

 

Kim smiled & walked heading to the kitchen. "Come on Yam let's start your lesson.."

 

Pie raised an eyebrow. Just like that?!

 

She held Yam's hand when she passed to her. "What just happened Yam?"

 

Yam faces her. "I'm really sorry Pie.. I was trying to control my feelings for her.. But I just can't. Not now that you're ignoring her."

 

Pie faked a smile. "You're my best friend Yam.. And I'm NOT ignoring her. You know what I've been through!" She tried to composed herself

 

Yam felt her tears. "I'm.. I'm sorry Pie.. I love her.. If you needed more time to think I --"

 

"I have had enough of thinking Yam."

 

Yam looked at her apologetically. "W-What do you mean?"

 

"I'm taking her back."

 

Yam faked a smile. "Y-You.. have decided already?"

 

Pie nods. "I realised I can't let her go.." I guess this isn't the perfect time to tell you I remembered everything.. 

 

Yam smiled. "Is that why you're here?"

 

"Yes.. I didn't know you're here though."

 

"It's mom's birthday in 2 days. Kim told me she'll be in Australia tomorrow for a business week."

 

Pie nods. "She told me that last night."

 

Yam faces her. "You were here last night?"

 

Pie smiled. "She was in our house to see me."

 

Yam awkwardly smiled. "I see.."

 

"Yam, come on.." Kim calls

 

Pie followed Yam heading to the kitchen

 

"Hey.." Kim looked at Pie in the back. If I can't ignore her now she'll hurt me again.. 

 

Kim smiled, "Do you need something Pie?"

 

Pie smiled. "Yes. I need to talk to you actually.."

 

"Hmm.. Okay.. Can it wait? I have to teach Yam first.."

 

"Uh! I-It's okay Kim.. We can have the lesson la--"

 

"No Yam, I'm leaving tomorrow. It's difficult to teach baking online." Kim smiled & faces Pie

 

"I will visit you later tonight Pie.."

 

Pie faked a smile. "I can stay here & watch you guys. I've got nothing to do anyway."

 

Kim smiled. "Okay then.. Suit yourself." She took the apron & wear it to Yam

 

Yam smiled awkwardly, "T-Thanks.."

 

Kim winked. "No worries. You need this not to destroy your lovely dress."

 

Pie rolled her eyes. What the.. Is she trying to make me jealous because of last night?!

 

Yam looked at Pie. Crap.. She moved closer to Kim

 

"What is this Kim?" She whispered

 

Kim giggles, "Just help me Yam."

 

Yam got the idea & smiled. "You're crazy."

 

Kim smiled. "I know."

 

"What flavor are you having?" Pie interrupts at the back

 

"Uh! Hmm.. Carrot. Is that it Yam?" Kim looked at Yam's trying to control her smile

 

"Y-Yeah.. Carrot cake."

 

Pie nodding. "Would you teach me how Kim?"

 

"Sure.. Next week perhaps?"

 

Pie smiled. "Why don't you teach me now? I'm sure you can handle 2 parties at a time."

 

Yam swallowed. Kim giggles. "Why not? Let me grab you an extra apron." Kim went to the storage

 

Pie faces Yam. "What is she trying to do Yam? Why is she ignoring me?"

 

Yam smiled. "She's not ignoring you Pie.. She's--"

 

"Here.. Wear this." Kim put the apron to Pie. Close enough that she could almost kiss her. Pie held her breath as Kim faces her & held her face

 

"You looked pale. Are you okay?" Kim asked

 

Pie nods & held her hands. "I haven't got enough sleep thinking of you.."

 

Kim raised an eyebrow & feel her forehead. "You're not even febrile. I guess you should go home & take a rest.."

 

Pie rolled her eyes. "Kim.. I told you I came here to see you."

 

"You see me now right? Come on let me accompany you to your house.. Wait for me here Yam." Kim held her hand

 

Pie pulled her hand out from Kim's hold. Kim faces her. "Hey.. What's wrong?"

 

"You asked me what's wrong? What do you think you're doing Kim?!"

 

Yam walked out & headed to the garden. "You said you loved me but you being with Yam & acting like this just shows it was a bluff!"

 

Kim smiled sarcastically. "You're here to apologise right?"

 

Pie pauses. Kim continues. "To apologise that you let Van kissed you where in fact you knew that you were my girlfriend! Even if you can't remember me Pie you should have just respect that!"

 

"You even told me you love me. Was it all a bluff?"

 

"It.. It's true Kim."

 

"Then what happened? Why did it happened Pie?"

 

"I.. It was a mistake Kim. I didn't see it coming.."

 

Kim faked a smile. "You should know how much it hurts.."

 

"A-Are you planning to --"

 

"No. I'm not planning to do the same to you coz I know how much paainful it is. I don't want to know you're hurt. I don't want to see you in pain. You know I'm not like that." Kim started walking out as Pie held her hand

 

"Yes.. I know you're not like that Kim. I know you.. I.. remember you."

 

Kim faces her in shocked. "Y-You.. You remember me now?"