Why Do I Have Friends?

The Story Of A Broken Hearted Girl (Hiatus)

 

            “Sofia. Sofia. Wake up. Please wake up.” I opened my eyes. “I heard you the first time. Leave me alone.” “Only if you come back to the hospital.” I rolled my eyes. “Seriously Kris.  Go.” I got up and started walking away. “Come back for me.” “For you?” I turned back around laughing. “I wouldn’t do for you.” The look in his eyes told me everything. He left sorry, but he wouldn’t say those words. “Well, for yourself. Take the money and my new address. Send me a letter or something once you move into a safe place. Don’t go back to where you once lived.” “I’ll do whatever the I want to do.”

            I let out a deep breath and walked back to my house. It wasn’t too far but today it seemed to take forever to get there. I’m just tired. My body is just tired.

            “I’m home.” The smell of weed and leftover – I took another sniff- leftover chicken danced around the house. “What the Fefe? Where is the kid? Why are you here? “Because Lisa, not everyone keeps their children.” “Oh , you killed the er off?” I rolled my eyes. “Hi Johnathan. No, I didn’t kill my baby.” I walked up to my room. “Why is someone else’s stuff in my room?” I said running downstairs in a panic. “You tell her Johnny. I t was your idea.” I looked at the man. “Well since you have, well had a kid, we, I mean I figured you’d be living with the baby’s daddy, so we, I mean I rented out your room.” I glared at Lisa. “And you let him?” “He said it would be okay!” “The Lis? If he said to jump off a cliff you’d be okay with it wouldn’t you?” “Yeah,” she smiled, “I trust Johnny.” I rolled my eyes and headed back upstairs to pack a suitcase for the night. “Once I find a place I’ll come back for the rest of my stuff. Don’t sell it.” I looked right at Johnny. “You know you can sleep on the coach until you find a place, right?” “No Lisa, I can’t.” And with that I left.

            It felt like everyone was against me. I should have taken his dirty money.