What Did I Forget?

What Did I Forget? (sequel to Is This A Dream?)

Baekhyun wasn’t sure what had come over him on that night he had brought Chanyeol home, but he decided that it was the best decision he had ever made. Now that three weeks later the giraffe was curled up on the couch watching something, most likely child shows, on tv.

The shorter male was making breakfast before the two of them headed off to work, but he had gotten slightly distracted by the deep laughter that kept erupting from the boy in the living room and almost burned the pancakes.

Grumbling, he quickly flipped them onto a plate and headed to the other room where Chanyeol was sitting on the couch with his knees pulled to his chest.

“Breakfast Yeollie.” Baekhyun set the plate on the coffee table and flopped down beside the tall boy snatching the remote and hitting a button.

“Hey! I was watching that!” Chanyeol whined and looked at him with a pancake hanging out of his mouth. Beakhyun knew it was almost suicidal to change the channel when the younger boy was watching his cartoons, but he wanted to see the weather before he left for another boring day of work. That way he at least knew if he would need to bring a jacket.

“Hush and eat your pancakes.” He didn’t even try to look at the taller male, knowing his pouting face would be there to make him turn the channel back.

Rain, and lots of it. Good think he looked, otherwise he would show up soaking wet and Kris would make him take off close to all his clothes before he could enter the ‘sacred office’ again. The bossy manager was a pain sometimes, but Baekhyun wondered if he might have other motives as well.

“You need to fix your hair Baekkie. It looks messy.” He felt a hand messing with the locks of his slightly curly hair, making it hard to pay attention to the rest of the weather forecast.

“It’s supposed to be like that.” He said, hoping his voice didn’t waver too much, the things this man could do to him made him shiver.

Chanyeol moved closer, his breath hitting the other’s ear and neck. He knew just how to drive the short man crazy.

“Baekkie.” Chanyeol sing-songed, smiling because he thought Baekhyun couldn’t help but turn his head like he usually would. When he didn’t, Chanyeol pouted to himself and rested his chin on Baekhyun’s shoulder, trying to tempt the other into averting his attention from the television and it’s cheery weather lady.

“Baekhyun look at me, I think your eyeliner is smudged.” Baekhyun gasped and his eyes basically popped out of his head as he whipped around to look at Chanyeol.

“Really! Ohmygosh fix i-“ His words were cut off by a set of lips crashing into his. He let out a surprised noise but quickly adjusted to the soft lips moving against his own.

The kiss was heated but not sloppy as the two nipped at each other’s lips. Chanyeol moved down Baekhyun’s neck, leaving a trail of butterfly kisses as he went. Making the smaller man’s eyes slip closed and a small moan slip from his lips.

Chanyeol then put his leg over his lap, straddling him. He s his fingers up Baekhyun’s chest and popped open the first two buttons of his white button up. Finding a soft bit of skin he nibbled and on it lightly.

“Ch-chanyeol. We r-really shouldn’t…” He didn’t bother finishing as Chanyeol’s hand ran through his hair and his tongue swiped over the bruising skin on his neck. After making sure he had left a mark on his lover’s skin he detached his lips with a pop.

“You taste better than breakfast Hyung.” He smiled and looked at the flustered, and slightly irritated Baekhyun.

“Park Chanyeol. You are making me late for work.” Baekhyun’s voice sounded stern, but the flicker in his eyes told Chanyeol that he had enjoyed it.

Chanyeol grinned like an idiot and pecked his cheek lightly.

“Sorry, I’m sure you don’t want to make Kris mad.” He climbed off the older man’s lap and started to eat the pancakes again expecting Baekhyun to get up and head to get his wallet. After a moment he looked up, cheeks stuffed full of food to find a very confused looking Baekhyun.

“Whats wrong hyung?”

“I never told you my manager’s name.” Chanyeol was caught in a tight spot and he knew it. He hadn’t exactly told Baekhyun where he worked, or that he made his coffee every day. He told himself he couldn’t blame himself since Baekhyun never asked, but he still felt slightly bad about it.

“You mentioned it earlier.” He lied, stuffing more food into his mouth.

Baekhyun must have bought it, because he stood up and headed for the door, grabbing his wallet and a jacket on the way out.

“Sorry I must have forgotten. I’ll see you after work. Don’t get into too much trouble okay?” He smiled at the awkward boy before opening the door and walking out, letting it slam behind him.

Chanyeol smacked himself on the forehead. How could he be such an idiot?

Grumbling he stuffed the last piece of pancake into his mouth and headed to the little bedroom to find a clean t-shirt.

 

Chanyeol was almost late by the time he made it to work. The pouring rain had caused an accident, making the bus routes differ from usual.

He quickly pulled on an apron and washed his hands before heading to the front where Xiumin was waiting for him.

“I thought you would never show up.” The cute cheeked boy chuckled and playfully pushed him, but they didn’t have much time to mess around. The colder weather brought more people in to get warm drinks and they had coffee orders lined up.

Luckily the two of them worked well together and even made the rush fun by plugging in Xiumin’s ipod and dancing around while mixing, blending and running the cash register.

Since Chanyeol was so focused on the drinks he didn’t notice when a certain short, curly haired boy entered the shop with a small paper in his hand.

Baekhyun wasn’t happy to have to run all the way down to the coffee shop, but since Tao was home sick, he didn’t really have a choice. Not to mention Kris turns into a real without his coffee.

Upon entering the shop he was blasted with a warm, sweet smelling burst of music filled air. He closed his eyes and took in a breath, he always liked the smell of coffee shops.

Suddenly he heard a very loud voice booming over the music calling out names for orders. His eyes popped open as he followed the sound.

There behind the counter was Chanyeol.

HIS Chanyeol.

Who at the moment was dancing awkwardly along with another man as they made the remaining coffee orders. Baekhyun recognized the second guy as one of Tao’s friends that had shown up to the movies a few times with his boyfriend Chen.

What was his name?

He couldn’t quite remember, but he walked closer, assuming the guy had a nametag. He made it to the counter as Chanyeol was throwing some dirty cups into a bin.

“I’ll be with you in a minute.” After a second he turned around, still not looking up he wiped the counter off. Baekhyun smirked and waited for him to look up.

“What would you li-“ He stopped mid-sentence with his mouth hanging open and his eyes big as saucers. He was left speechless as Xiumin turned to see what the problem was.

“Baekhyun!” The cheery man walked over to where Chanyeol was gaping over the counter and smiled happily, oblivious to the fact that the two even knew each other.

“Xiumin! It’s nice to see you. How’s Chen?” He had glanced at the man’s nametag as he walked over.

Thank god for nametags.

“He’s good. He likes to play pranks on me since he moved in, but it’s never boring.” Chuckling he looked at Chanyeol who was still staring, wide eyed at Baekhyun.

“Yeolo what’s your problem?” Chanyeol snapped his jaw shut and quickly flashed a smile.

“N-nothing. I just thought I saw something on his neck that’s all.” Baekhyun’s cheeks brightened as he thought of the love bite that he had hardly been able to conceal with his collar. He tugged it up slightly to be sure it was hidden.

“That isn’t something you just say to people is it?” Xiumin frowned and looked apologetically at Baekhyun and took the piece of paper from his hands.

Kris – Black coffee

            Sehun – Blended green tea Frappuccino

            Luhan – Blended white chocolate mocha

            Baekhyun – Cinnamon mocha

            Tao – Bagel

“It’s something you would say to tease a friend.” Chanyeol chuckled as he started the coffees, which confused Xiumin even more since he still hadn’t realized that the two might know each other.

“I think it’s almost more personal than that. More like something you would say to tease your boyfriend or girlfriend.” Baekhyun added, receiving a look from Xiumin which he returned with a shrug as if he were just chiming in.

Chanyeol finished the first coffee and wrote Sehun in sloppy writing on the label. Baekhyun realized now that it was the same writing that he saw on the drinks every single day and wondered why the tall boy had never mentioned it.

Xiumin stood looking from one man to the other, still completely lost to the joke.

“Just as a lover would blush at the thought.” Chanyeol teased as he set the second and third coffee down and scribbling the names Luhan and Kris on them.

Lastly he set out to making Baekhyun’s.

“And only a lover would know that there would be anything there at all since the neck in question is quite covered.”

Baekhyun continued to play along with Chanyeol’s game and poor Xiumin was about to explode with the questions that were still stuck in his throat.

“Not form this angle darling.” Chanyeol scribbled Baekhyun’s name along with a heart onto the cup and handed it to him.

“WHAT THE HELL CHANYEOL!” Xiumin finally burst, concerned with the boy’s professionalism in concern with the customers.

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol burst out laughing, leaving Xiumin even more confused. After they calmed down a bit Chanyeol leaned across the counter and placed a quick kiss on the shorter man’s lips.

“See you at home Baekkie.” Baekhyun smiled and headed to the door with the coffees in his hands.

“Later you giraffe.” And he left a grinning Chanyeol to deal with Xiumin, who was on the edge of hysterics.

 

Finally making it home, Baekhyun flopped onto the couch. The quiet apartment was nice after Kris and Sehun playing office chair races all day long and using Baekhyun’s desk as a means of brakes.

Wait…

He sat up.

Silent?

He looked around suddenly, searching for his tall awkward giraffe, but there was none to be found.

“Channie?” He called out, peeking into the bedroom, but like the living room, it was empty.

He frowned and headed back to the front room, hoping that the boy was just playing a joke on him and would pop out at any minute to scare him.

“Channie, I know you’re here somewhere.” Deep down he knew that wasn’t true. So like any good boyfriend, he pulled out his phone and dialed the number.

It rang a few times before going to voicemail. Baekhyun re-dialed, this time it didn’t even ring, it went straight to voicemail.

“Dammit Chanyeol.” He grumbled and flopped back onto the couch. Glancing at his watch, he realized that it was only 6:00, maybe he was running late from work.

But Baekhyun didn’t even know he had a job until today, and he had been home before Baekhyun every day since he moved in, and by the looks of it, he wasn’t a new worker at the coffee shop. He knew what he was doing, plus his handwriting had been on Baekhyun’s cup for weeks now.

After checking the apartment one last time, he decided maybe he should eat something instead of sitting on the couch worrying.

He rummaged through the refrigerator, but nothing looked appetizing. Defeated, he returned to the couch and flopped down again.

After a moment, a loud obnoxious knock at the door could be heard, sending Baekhyun to his feet in an instant. Why would Chanyeol be knocking, he had a set of keys.

But then again he was notorious for losing them.

Walking over to the door he looked through the peephole, only to find something blocking it.

Great it’s probably a serial killer and they are going to kill me when I open the door.

He opened it, regardless of his thoughts of serial killers.

“BACON!” a body slammed into him, whoever the attacker was, seemed to be hugging him. Baekhyun couldn’t see the guy’s face, but he could tell that he was about his size, though a little shorter and had a mop of brown hair…but that was it.

“Um…who are you?”  Baekhyun pushed him away slightly trying to see who had attached himself like a leech to him. The guy looked up with a grin on his face, his features were handsome and sharp. Baekhyun almost didn’t recognize him at first.

“Suho!?” Baekhyun was shocked to see his old friend again, they hadn’t spoken in years.

“Who did you think it was little buddy?” he chuckled and ruffled Baekhyun’s hair, inviting himself into the apartment he started to walk around.

Baekhyun was still frozen in the doorway, unsure what to do.

“You really need to clean up.” Suho said as he kicked a pizza box out of the way, and picked up a sweatshirt that was lying on the back of the couch. Holding it up he gave it a scrutinizing look.

“Isn’t this a little big for you?” Baekhyun quickly made his way across the room and snatched the sweatshirt from his hands.

“It’s not mine.” He said quickly and hugged it close to his chest. Suho shrugged and continued his adventure around the room.

“How about this? Is this yours?” He held up a pink and yellow hello kitty backpack making Baekhyun blush slightly.

“Yah! Don’t be mean, it was a gift!” he pouted and sat on the couch, still hugging Chanyeol’s sweatshirt.

“Why are you here again?” He really wouldn’t mind that the other was there if he would just keep his nose out of Baekhyun’s business.

Before Suho could answer, a light knock on the door that was still left open made the two look up. Baekhyun got up and headed to the doorway, curious as to why Kai’s wide eyed boyfriend was standing there.

“What do you need Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun asked as Suho came up behind him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry big eyes, I was about to take him to get some bubble tea.” Baekhyun looked to his right where the smirking Suho was standing.

“What?” But he didn’t get an answer as Suho pushed him out the door and called over his shoulder.

“The place is yours, just don’t break anything!” A small reply was heard from Kyungsoo as he shut the door.

Baekhyun was speechless as he was ushered into the elevator by his old friend.

“Bubble tea?” he wanted to ask what the hell was going on, but those were the only words his mouth formed.

“Yes bubble tea, I’m suddenly thirsty.” Suho led the confused Baekhyun out to his car as if he were in a rush to get somewhere.

After a bit of arguing and bribing, Suho got Baekhyun into the car and they were driving out of the parking lot when Baekhyun spotted something, or someone.

“Hey, is that Kris?” Suho drove out of the parking lot and down the street, quickly leaving the building behind.

“Who’s Kris?” Baekhyun was straining to see out the back window, but soon gave up and sighed, looking out the windshield again.

“No one.”

After a half an hour at the bubble tea shop, Suho declared that he was craving pizza and demanded Baekhyun take him to the nearest shop that sold it.

After more arguing and bribing, leaving Baekhyun with a pocketful of cash, they headed across town.

Another hour and a half later, Baekhyun finally convinced Suho to take him back to his apartment, worried about what Kyungsoo had been doing while he was gone.

Baekhyun basically sprinted from the car and into the building, not caring if Suho was left behind.

Once upstairs he raced to his door, only to realize that he didn’t have his key. He mumbled in frustration and was forced to knock on his own door.

“Kyungsoo! Let me in!” he heard a crashing noise behind the door and grimaced, hoping it wasn’t anything breakable.

He beat on the door again with his fist, harder this time.

“Kyungsoo you better open this door or I will…” he was cut off by the door swinging open and Kai appearing smirking down at him.

“Or you’ll what?” he prompted and leaned against the door frame. Baekhyun grumbled and pushed past him into his apartment.

“You two better not have been…” he froze, wide eyed when he finally pushed past Kai.

His apartment was spotless, not a bit of dirt anywhere. There was music playing in the background and he almost thought for a second that he had stepped into the wrong apartment.

He looked around, noticing all of his friends standing around, all but one.

That’s when a pair of arms slid around his waist from the side and a pair of lips pecked his cheek.

“Surprise”

Baekhyun looked up into Chanyeol’s chocolate eyes, still confused as to what was going on.

“I think he forgot.” Tao said from where he was cuddled in Kris’ lap on the couch. Baekhyun looked over at the boy, then back to Chanyeol.

“What?” He looked around the room, some of his friends were laughing at him quietly. He quickly looked back to Chanyeol.

“Yeollie! What did I forget?” He whined, but Chanyeol just chuckled and led him to the table. He picked up a small black box with a white ribbon on it and handed it to the still clueless Baekhyun. Taking it, Baekhyun pulled the ribbon off and lifted the lid.

He gasped in shock.

“Chanyeol…” The giraffe reached over and took the box, pulling the two small rings out. They weren’t much, but it was all he could afford.

“Happy birthday Bacon.”  He smiled as he slid the couples ring onto Baekhyun’s finger.

Baekhyun looked up at him with teary eyes, covering his mouth and holding out his other hand to look at the ring.

“I don’t know what to say.” Chanyeol grinned and hugged him, lifting him up and spinning around. Baekhyun wrapped his arms around his neck and giggled happily until he was set on the ground again.

Then Chanyeol kissed him, full on the lips. It took Baekhyun’s breath away, no matter how many times they kissed, it was still like the air was knocked from his lungs.

All of his friends started to clap and laugh at how mushy the two of them were. Baekhyun had forgotten they were even there and started to blush madly, but Chanyeol grinned and laced his fingers with his boyfriend’s and held them in the air.

Baekhyun had completely forgotten about his birthday, but this was more perfect than he could have ever imagined.

With his giraffe of a boyfriend in hand, he had all he needed for the rest of his life.

Not to mention his apartment was clean.

 

Fin~

 

A/N

Sothere it is...

I apologize for it being short. But I didn't know what else to write ;n;

and that last part *shivers*

I almost gagged at how sweet it was. like idfk what I wrote.

I didn't know I was capable of such adorable mushyness.