Alternate ending

Her secret alternate ending

 

"Did you call the ambulance?"
 
"I did."
 
"And?"
 
"There's one on it's way now should be here in about 5 minutes."
 
"I'll go wait for it." Jongup said rushing downstairs and just standing by the door
 
Yongguk took Cat's hand and he said to her 
 
"Hang in there Cat okay we'll get you to the hospital and then you'll have your baby."
 
Cat tried to smile but then she had another strong contraction and cried out in pain. Yongguk and Daehyun both comforted her and both told her to breathe while she rode the pain of another contraction out. That 5 minutes felt like 5 hours to her the pain of the contractions were hitting her like waves at the beach and Cat hated it, childbirth so far and it was only going to get worse.
 
Then they heard the paramedics come up the stairs two women, they were very helpful with her. 
 
"Okay sweetheart lets get you downstairs and into the ambulance okay?"
 
Cat nodded and Yongguk and Daehyun helped her down stairs and got her on the stretcher to take her to the hospital. As she was placed on it Himchan walked over and looked at her.
 
"Noona."
 
"Himchan make it quick we need to get her to hospital."
 
"Okay."
 
She looked scared he held her hand and kissed her gently and he said.
 
"It'll be okay, I promise."
 
Then she was put in the ambulance Yongguk went with her and the others followed in the car.
 
Once at the hospital, midwives did a check on Cat and the baby and everything was fine.
 
"You're doing really well lovvie you should have a baby in a while depending on how quickly you dilate."
 
The midwife said as she finished the check and put a blanket on her legs. She sat on the bed feeling very scared and needed a hand to hold, Yongguk came back in the room and took her hand and held it, Cat was glad he was back in the room she needed him a lot right now. 
 
"Not again."
 
She said as she started to have a contraction which again ripped through her body. Yongguk squeezed her hand a little bit and kissed her head as the pain died down a tear rolled down her cheek.
 
"Hey, come on don't cry."
 
"I just want it to be over."
 
"It will be soon, it will be."
 
"Please don't leave me?"
 
"I'm not going anywhere, and I think a nurse went to get Daehyun too."
 
Extra support just what she needed, now she knew that she wasn't alone in this at all and everything will be okay. 
 
"Cat."
 
"Dae."
 
There he was he'd got worried about her on the drive to the hospital and all he wanted was to be with her right now, he was the one who found her in labour on her bedroom floor after all. He held her hand and nuzzled into her head for comfort. Her fear was getting stronger and everyone could feel it all they wanted was to take the fear away, just then the midwife came back in the room to do another check on her.
 
"Two more centimetres then you can start to  push."
 
That was a little bit of help to her now they had better happen quickly because Cat didn't know how much more pain she could actually take. She just sat there being comforted by Daehyun and Yongguk as another contraction hit her body like a huge wave like they had been before. 
 
"Hang in there okay you are doing so well." Yongguk said patting her forehead with a cold cloth labour was tiring and sweaty work. 
 
In the waiting room Carly and Amy had just got there and they were all trying to talk to figure this out.
 
"Why did she keep this a secret?"
 
"I don't know Amy I really don't know."
 
Zelo said in utter disbelief, this was a odd situation to say the least. Then Carly asked,
 
"I mean how did none of you guys notice anything  at all?"
 
"We just didn't Carly I don't know how else to say it to you we just didn't see it and now I wish that we had."
 
"I know Youngjae, I know we just all feel bad right now."
 
"Yeah she must of been so scared going through a pregnancy in secret like that."
 
"Maybe she didn't say because she thought that we'd hate her if she told us."
 
"I thought that too Himchan." Jongup finally said he hadn't talked since they got to the hospital he had not really known what else to say at all he just wanted Cat and her baby to be okay.
 
Back in the delivery room Cat was at the end of her tether now the pain wasn't stopping at all and she felt like she just wanted to go back home now. Yongguk and Daehyun had really helped her cope so far but now it was just unbearable. Then the midwife came back in with another modwife and did one last check on her she looked up and said.
 
"Okay Cat this is it you're ready to have your baby now I'll just get ready then you can start pushing okay."
 
"Okay."
 
Cat was tired and wanted to sleep but she couldn't she had to have the baby now this was going to be tough. Then the midwife said to her colleague.
 
"Their other friends are in the waiting room go give them a update on what's going on."
 
"Okay."
 
And then she left to tell the others. The midwife in the room with her had got everything ready, Cat was sat upright and Yongguk and Daehyun were holding her hands and getting ready to help Cat through this and to coach her on through pushing if they wanted to.
 
"Okay Cat you can push on the next contraction okay."
 
"I don't know how to."
 
"When you feel it you'll know how." 
 
This was it now time for her to give birth to her baby that she had kept secret until now. And there it was the pain again and the feeling to push the midwife could see the look on her face that she wanted to.
 
"Push Cat."
 
She said as Cat took a deep breath and started pushing her eyes were closed and her face was scrunched up as she was pushing. As she was she could hear the midwife talking to her.
 
"That's it keep going, push push push." 
 
Back in the waiting room the others were all sat there as the midwife came in to see them.
 
"Has she had the baby?"
 
Carly asked, 
 
"She's just started to push now my dear this may take a while you might want to go and get some food."
 
"Okay thank you." Amy said then the midwife left the room to go back to help with the birth. 
 
"Guys."
 
"Yeah Zelo?"
 
"Can we stand in a circle and send Cat our love?"
 
"Of course!" Carly said as they all stood there holding hands and thinking of her right now they all prayed for Cat and the Baby to be okay and that the birth didn't tire her out too much. 
 
Back in the delivery room Yongguk and Daehyun had started coaching Cat on now. The other midwife had come back in and was helping out too. 
 
"Push Cat."
 
 Daehyun said looking at her as she did it, it hadn't been long since she had started pushing and still no baby. As Cat pushed she moaned a little all this pushing was tiring and she was so scared that the baby wouldn't come out at all at this rate. As she opened her eyes and took a few breaths of air she looked up at the clock, forty five minutes had passed and no sign of the baby yet.
 
"What's taking it so long." She said as she prepared herself for another push.
 
"You're getting close now Cat the baby is making it's way down okay, I can see it right now."
 
The midwife said as she felt the pain again. Yongguk could see it in her eyes and he said to her,
 
"Come on noona do one really big push now."
 
Cat closed her eyes and gave the biggest push she physically could do, the entire time she could hear Yongguk say.
 
"That's it keep going, you're doing so well keep pushing we're all here for you push."
 
Then she stopped pushing and now she had enough and said through moans.
 
"Enough I can't push anymore."
 
Daehyun and Yongguk both stepped right in and as Yongguk rubbed her back to ease some pressure Daehyun said to her.
 
"Yes you can Cat, you can. Your baby is ready and coming to meet you right now okay, me and hyung are here for you okay we are not going anywhere. We all believe in you and we know you can do this okay."
 
"It's so much to take."
 
"I know it is but you can do this okay?"
 
"Okay."
 
"Alright now, you ready?"
 
"Yeah."
 
"Okay now Push as hard as you can for as long as you can ok, push."
 
Cat closed her eyes and started pushing again and this time she heard from the midwife.
 
"Here comes baby keep pushing you are doing so well, that's it Cat the head's almost out now keep pushing."
 
And then Daehyun said
 
"That's it keep pushing the baby's on it's way now, you can do this."
 
Cat pushed for a little longer and screamed out and opened her eyes again. Then Yongguk said to her while she took a few more breaths 
 
"That was great Cat you're almost there now almost there."
 
"Yes you are just one more big push and your baby will be here." 
 
The midwife added as a blanket was placed on Cat to wrap the baby in once it was born. Yongguk took her hand and kissed it then he rested his forhead on hers and he said.
 
"This is it now okay one more really big push and the baby's here, can you manage that?"
 
"Yeah." Cat was exhausted now but it would all be over soon all it was going to take was one final push and that was it. Yongguk pulled his head away from hers and helped her get ready and then he said. 
 
"Okay ready, and Push."
 
And with that Cat found any energy she had left and started pushing for the last time. Again she could hear voices around her as she did first was yongguk
 
"Come on Cat keep pushing it's almost over now, push."
 
And then the midwife.
 
"Here we go here comes your baby Cat, it's coming, it's coming and it's here! Well done lovvie."
 
Cat gasped and fell back on the pillow and then her baby started to cry and then the midwife said.
 
"It's a girl."
 
"A girl."
 
And then the baby was placed in Cats arms, she couldn't believe it, she had just become a mum. Both Yongguk and Daehyun were crying then Daehyun said.
 
"I am so proud of you." 
 
And he kissed Cat's head gently.
 
Back in the waiting room the others were still waiting for news on Cat and the baby, then the same midwife walked in the room and they all looked up. She looked at them all and said.
 
"Your friend has given birth to a beautiful baby girl." 
 
"Are they both okay?"
 
"Yes they are doing well, they are just getting sorted out you can see them all soon."
 
"Thank you."
 
And then she left the room, everyone was smiling and crying and hugging Cat had given birth and got through it. They were all really proud of her.
 
Back in the room the baby had been cleaned up and dressed in a little baby grow which was a perfect fit and Cat was just sat there holding her. 
 
"Has she got a name?"
 
"Hannah."
 
"Hannah that's a beautiful name." 
 
The midwife wrote it down and left the room to bring the others in to see them both. As she kissed her baby girl the others came in to see them, Himchan was already crying and as everybody walked in to see them both they gathered round the bed to see the little girl.
 
"Eveybody this is Hannah." Yongguk said as Cat passed her to him for even more cuddles, he'd held her for a while after she had been born so had Daehyun but the extra cuddles were more than worth it. After everyone had cuddled baby Hannah she was given back to her mum and then Cat said.
 
"I was wondering if all of you would be her godparents?"
 
They all said yes and the tears came flooding in again. Then Cat gave Hannah to Zelo and he took her to the window to show her the world as he let her look out at everything said.
 
"Well Hannah, welcome to the world. As your godfather I promise that I will always love you and make sure that you are a well rounded young lady, I love you already and I have only just met you, precious god daughter of mine you are more than loved and you have the best mother that any child could ask for. You are one very lucky little girl."