Chapter Twelve; Discomposure

Sheer Arrogance

Chapter Twelve; Discomposure (08/09/2013)

Discomposure: the state of being discomposed, disorder, agitation, perturbation.

'Appa, you don't have to do this. Really. I can take her place, I'll get married instead. Just let her off this time round, please?' Daehyun pleaded. 'No. This time round, this is not going to work, Daehyun-ah. I'm sorry but we are going to have to do this. We've promised them.' Mr Jung sighed.

Daehyun bit his lip, 'Appa, I don't want to say this but.. Seohyun has a boyfriend.' Daehyun muttered. 'What? Our Seohyun has a boyfriend?' Mrs Jung asked, taken aback.

Daehyun nodded profusely.

'She's not our baby anymore.. I guess. His boyfriend and her friends are all coming later for dinner.' Daehyun sighed as he said that. 'Say.. Where are all of them? Let's just finish this dinner and get this over with. I guess I'll not say anything, in the meantime.' Mr Jung said.

'They've went and got you guys presents. Maybe that'll do it. Seohyun must be worried and panicking about it right now.' Daehyun implied. 'How's Seohyun and her boyfriend doing? Tell us more, son.' Mr Jung spoke.

'He's a really good person, I can tell that he really loves my baby, a lot. They love each other dearly and he is really good to our baby. He's a good guy for sure.' Daehyun complimented. 'Oh really? That sounds good. I wonder what it'll be like for Seohyun to separate from that boy. Oh no..' Mrs Jung sighed.

'That why I was trying to ask about their arranged marriage. Who's this guy anyway? I've never heard of Jungsoo Ahjussi having a kid.' Daehyun added, shrugging.

'From what I know, he's around your age. He's a really caring and good looking guy from what his father says. Maybe he'll be a good guy for our baby.' Mrs Jung commented.

Daehyun raised his brow. 'Any guy can't be compared to him, he's Seohyun's favorite.' Daehyun said.


'Jongin-ah!' Seohyun exclaimed as she ran forward and gave Kai an enormous hug, pecking his on the lips in the process.

Mrs Jung nudged her husband when she saw the sweet moment between the young couple.

 

 

'Oh! Taeyeon-ah!' Mrs Jung exclaimed, running forward and giving Taeyeon a huge hug. Seohyun glanced at the two before sighing.

Umma surely likes Taeyeon better.

'What should I do? I'm nervous.' Kai asked nervously. 'Your parents doesn't know about me right?' He asked again. 'Just keep your calm, nothing will happen, ara? I'm here.' Seohyun comforted, giving Kai a wide smile. 'Umm, Mr and Mrs Jung, I've gotten something for you.' Kai stuttered as he handed Seohyun's parents a few bags of items. 

'You shouldn't have! You're too kind, my dear. Thank you so much.' Mrs Jung thanked Kai as she smiled warmly at him, making Kai feel a lot better.

'See, they're not as scary as you thought, baby.' Seohyun whispered into Kai's ear as they sat down on the couch.


'What should we do, dear?' Mrs Jung asked Mr Jung who was flipping through his book. 'We can do absolutely nothing, honey.' Mr Jung replied. 'I really can't bear to see our daughter being forced to marry another person whom she doesn't know at all, not say love. Dear, I want her to be like me, marryhing someone whom you love dearly, willingly devoting the rest of your life to that person. And I think that person for her is Jongin. Don't you think so?' Mrs Jung asked, sighing.

'But we have no choice, dear.' Mr Jung said. 'We've already promised Jungsoo, honey.' Mr Jung mumbled, 'But I can see my daughter sacrificing her future and happiness for money.' Mrs Jung added seriously.

'Let's see about it, okay? I'll see who's the fiance first, let's see if he can make it to our expectations first, okay?'


'Baby? Are you awake? You should get ready now.' Daehyun said as he knocked on Seohyun's bedroom door.

Silence.

He shook his head as he opened the door and barged in, jumping onto Seohyun's bed upon seeing her still sleeping peacefully. 'Baby! You have to wake up now~ Let's get ready! It's already 12:30 in the afternoon. Mummy still has to send you to the beauty salon and buy you a dress and so on. So, you have to wake up now!' Daehyun ranted as he ruffled Seohyun's hair.

'Okay.. I'll go take a bath, go get me clothes.' Seohyun said sloppily as she got up slowly, eyelids still not opened.

Daehyun pulled out a simple t-shirt, pullover and shorts from the closet as he pushed his sister into the bathroom with the clothes.

'Aigoo! PPALI PPALI!' Daehyun shouted from outside impatiently as he almost pulled his hair out.

Just when Seohyun was coming out of the bathroom, drying her hair with the towel.

'I'm done! Now will you stop being a naggy mother?' 'If I don't rush you, umma will then turn to the naggy mother over here, okay?' Daehyun nagged once again as he blow dried her hair.

'Can I do up your hair?' Daehyun asked cheekily. 'Sure, a simple ponytail will do, thanks, oppa.' Seohyun smiled as Daehyun brushed her hair.

'Jja! All done!' Daehyun looked satisfied with the simple ponytail that he had tied from his sisters hair, 'Aren't I awesome?' He asked, winking at her. 'Yeah yeah,' Seohyun rolled her eyes as she giggled.

'But I'm sure you'll look much prettier on your wedding day- Oops.' Daehyun stopped once he realized what he had said. Seohyun kept silent and huffed. 'I'm sorry baby.' Daehyun apologized.

'Aniya, why did you apologize? Yeah, I'm sure I'll look even better on the day I get married with Kai.' Seohyun smiled, trying to forget about the situation she was in currently.


Raindrops pelted on the windows of the car as thunder roared profusely.

'What a great weather.' Seohyun implied sarcastically to herself. She sighed.

You're special to me. You're the only one who I wouldn't mind losing sleep for, the one who I never get tired of talking to, and the one who crosses my mind constantly throughout the day. You're the only one who can make me smile without trying, bring down my mood without the intention to and affect my emotions with every action of yours. I can't explain with just words how much you mean to me, but you're the only one I'm afraid of losing and the only one I want to keep in my life.

I can't lose you. Because if I did, I'd have lost my best friend, my soul mate, my smile, my laugh... My everything.

You see, I love you and I don't want to lose you because my life has been better since the day I found you. I can't lose you. Not now, not ever.

The thought of losing you brings tears to my eyes because I can't imagine life without you. Please don't fade away like everyone else has, I don't want to wake up one morning and realize that you're gone too.

 

I can't lose you, I can't help it. I'm so sorry, I'm so selfish.

'Baby? We're here, why are you staring out of the window like that?' Daehyun nudged Seohyun as she quickly snapped out of her trance. 'Oh I'm sorry...' She mumbled before getting out.

The sun was visible again, raindrops fell down the edge of the leaves and pelted onto the cement walkway, the birds started to chirp once again.

'Your appa will have to go back to the company to check on something. I guess I'll go with the two of you then!' Mrs Jung chirped happily as the three walked into the huge shopping mall.


'How about this?' Daehyun asked as he picked out one short beige dress. 'Nahh, too.. Exposive.' Seohyun shivered as she pushed it away from her. 'Yeah, right. I'm sorry.' Daehyun apologized as he placed it back and took another out. 

'What about this?'

'This is it!' Mrs Jung exclaimed as she held the dress in front of Seohyun and imagined how she would look in it. 'Perfect. Thanks Daedae.'

'I'll pay for it then..' Daehyun mumbled as he called for the shop attendant. 'It's the least I could do.' He added, sighing. 'Don't blame yourself, Daehyun-ah.' Mrs Jung smiled before patting him on the back.

'We'll be having dinner in that restaurant that we often patron, you guys know where right? Daehyun-ah, I need you to bring her later, I'll be going back to the company to discuss things with your father then we'll go fetch Mr and Mrs Park, and their son of course.' Mrs Jung said, patting Daehyun's back once more.

Daehyun nodded, 'No problem.' 'I'll be counting on you then, my dear. Be sure she doesn't run off!' She joked carefreely as she pinched the tip of Seohyun's nose. Seohyun faked a laugh and replaced it with a frown.

'Can't we spend some family time together for once? I haven't seen you and daddy for a long time and we didn't even get to spend time together.' Seohyun asked, 'I'm afraid not, my baby. I'm sorry but we're really busy.. I'll get Daehyun to accompany you, okay?' Mrs Jung asked.

'Yeah yeah, you're always too busy to even spend time with us. Never mind then.' Seohyun  muttered before turning away and walking out.

Mrs Jung shot Daehyun a helpless look and Daehyun shrugged immediately. 'Something's been getting on her nerves lately, it's going to be okay soon, so don't worry. I'll do something to this before tonight. See you later then, umma. Have a safe trip.' Daehyun hugged his mother before bidding goodbye and walking away.

'I thought you were dead.' Seohyun remarked sarcastically. 'Very funny.' Daehyun rolled his eyes. 'Let's go home.'  Seohyun replied hurriedly.

Seohyun remembered that she switched off her phone because she didn't want Jongin to locate where she was, he'll come along for sure and then find out what they're doing. Everything will be in a mess then if that happens. Everything.

'Can you drive faster?' Seohyun rushed once again.

Her phone ran out of battery.

'Goddamnit!' She threw her phone in frustration.

\


 

She unlocked the door with trembing hands before she saw Kai who was pacing around the room, trying to call someone who was Seohyun for sure.

'Seohyun-ah!' Kai exclaimed as he pulled Seohyun into a hug. 'I thought something happened to you! I thought you were in trouble and I was so worried that you might be in danger. I was so worried, did you know that? I felt something strage when you didn't reply to my text messages so I rushed over and no one was at home, but I found your extra key that you hidden. I called up all of my friends and we all called you umpteen times but you didn't answer and it was directed to voicemail. Did you know how worried I was?! Aish! I nearly dialled for the police!' Kai spat out in one go.

Seohyun pulled away from his hug and looked into his eyes; which were now teary and red.

'I'm sorry. I was out with Daehyun and I switched off my phone but I realized it ran out of battery just a while ago.' Seohyun explained simply.

'What?' Kai asked, voice cracking.

'Do you know how worried I was?!' He shouted.

Seohyun's eyes widened and she swallowed. She has never ever heard Jongin shouted like this before, and that was very scary.

Kai stared deep into her eyes and ran his hand through his hair, before walking to the door, going out and slamming the door shut.

Seohyun stood there frozen and not moving.

'He's right, you know.. He was so worried that he ran around the streets looking for you before we pulled him back and forced him to rest. He almost cried. That was the first time in my life I saw him cry. I can tell he really loves you, so cherish him.' Kyungsoo looked at Seohyun and said with a slight smile.

This was the first time Seohyun felt so remorseful. She wanted to run up to Kai and say sorry, then hug him and tell him she's sorry over and over again.

'I'll get going first, I have something on later in the evening and I think I'm going to die cause my mother's looking for me.' Chanyeol sighed before getting up. 'Bye guys, see you soon.'

Seohyun just nodded and stood there, rooted to the ground.

She didn't think twice before dashing out onto the streets.

"You know you love me,

I know you care,

Just shout whenever

and I'll be there."

- Justin Bieber.