Final

A story of a Clueless Bacon

Chanyeol's POV

"Baekhyun-ah, I love you." I stood at the center of the stage, holding Baek's hands tightly. I lowered my head to inspect his reaction.

"I-I love you too." He lowered his head as well, to hide his tomato face. He's really cute when he blush. I chuckled and fixed my attention to the crowd.

"Did you hear what he said?" I asked the ocean of fans watching us with anticipation. They all squealed and screamed. Some are saying nice things and some are saying cruel things. It's okay, though. I know this'll happen sooner or later.

"We didn't! We didn't!" Some fans, who are obviously shippers screamed at the same time. Shippers. I remember the first time I encountered that word. I was searching up the internet for some news of us and BOOM. It makes me smile just by knowing that some fans are really supportive of ships. As they were all chanting, I felt Baekhyun's hands tense around mine so I held him tighter.

I just stayed still, waiting for his "louder" reply, staring at his fluffy hair. Oh, how I love this midget. I was starting to fly off to dreamland, imagining both of us doing couple things the time this ends. We don't need to hide anymore. My happy thoughts were interrupted when....

RINGGGGGGGG~~ RINGGGGGGG~~

I opened my eyes and .  I should have known it was a dream. I always dream about things like this. It was too good to be true. I know someday we'll be able to do that.. not in my dream but in reality. I believe we will. I pouted a bit and rolled around to find my lovely bacon still fast asleep. We got home late last night since we were promoting our new album. I smiled a little watching all his features. He's imperfect but he's perfect for me. He's the only one who can keep up with my "creepiness" ( as he calls it ) and I'm the only one who can keep up with his "sassiness" ( as I call it ). We were made for each other. I knew it ever since I first laid my eyes on him. He was literally shining in my eyes on that day. I patted his head and stared at him for like ten minutes when I saw his lids flattering. I let out a big smile and he smiled back.  

"No wonder I woke up. There was a creeper staring at me while I'm sleeping." he stretched his hands and hugged me. I can't help but fanboy a little inside. I wish time to stop like this. I want us to be like this forever. He moved a little closer and that's when I noticed that he was hot. I know ( and you know ) that's he's y, hot and all but what I meant was he felt hot. He's basically steaming. I pulled away gently and stared right into his small eyes.

"Are you sick, Baek?"

"I think so. I have a headache."

I put my hands in his forehead and It was really hot.

"You should stay here in bed. Wait for me. I'll get you some wet towels and blankets to keep you warm. you're cold, aren't you?"

"Kinda."

As soon as he said that, he pulled me again and hugged me tightly.

"You're warm, Channie." He burried his head in my chest.

"Baekhyun-ah, I'm going to get you towels and blankets first." I looked down and I saw the top of his head moving, It seems like he's nodding so I gently pulled away and put my pillow on his side.

"It's smells like your hair." He giggled as he burried his face on my pillow. God. How can someone be this cute?

I jumped out of the bed and tucked him in our blanket. It was a baby blue blanket with heart and stripe prints. (Don't judge us. It was a gift from Luhan, okay?)

"Now be a good boy and stay here for a while. I'm going to get you necessary stuffs first." I leaned down and kissed his nose then headed to the bathroom to do my morning business and fled to the closets located at the laundry room downstairs. I picked up a set of towels and blankets for my Baekkie. I damped them and searched for the thermometer in the living room. After some circumstances.. I finally found it and fled to the kitchen. There I saw Kyungsoo washing some I-don't-care-stuffs with Kai backhugging him. I scrunched my face and poked Kyungsoo from behind.

"Kyunggie~~"

"Wut."

"I want to ask a favor."

"Wut favor."

"I need someone to cook some porridge for my Baekkie since he's not feeling well but you know..."

"You can't cook." Kai said as he burried his face on Kyungsoo's neck.

"Yah. I can cook---"

"Burnt eggs. Face it, Hyung. Every time you cook, you always end up burning the thing your cooking and I think that's why SM chose fire for your 'power'." Kai said AGAIN as he pulled away from kyungsoo. He smirked a little.

"Yah. How come you can say that to your hyung? I'm not even talking to you. Okay, I admit that but that's not the reason why that's my power, ok? I believe it's because Mr. Sooman thinks I'm hot."

"Okay, hyung. I'm going to shut my mouth now and try not to ruin your fantasy."Kai said AGAINNN and sat on a chair near kyungsoo.

"Good. So, Kyung..will you? Please? I don't want to feed him burnt porridge."

"Okay. Just for Baekhyun." he said as he gathered some ingredients from the fridge.

"Yay~ Thank you, Kyunggie.~ I love youuuu~" I climbed the stairs laughing. I can hear Jong In screaming downstairs. It sounds like...

"How come you called him Kyunggie? I'm the only one who should call him that!" and some things like "What? What do you mean you love him? Hyung? Hyung?? Get back here~~!" Oh well, like someone would care. I only love my Baekkie and that's final. Case closed.

I skipped on the halls with the "necessary stuffs" in my hands. I opened the door and saw him still in the position I left him but he was playing with his fingers.

"I'm sorry I took so long." I left the things above the table beside the bed and put a damp towel in his forehead.

"It's okay, really. Thanks for taking care of me." He gave me an eye smile and I can assure you that I died a little inside.

"I'm just doing my job." I flashed a sweet ( or creepy ) smile at him and he just giggled cutely. I reached for the thermometer beside the bed.

I've already got his temperature and it's nothing to worry about. He might just be tired from all of our promotions. I tucked him in the blankets I've brought.

"So, how's it?"

"It was one hundred and one."

Silence.

"I'm just going to check the porridge downstairs. I'll be back."

I went to check kyungsoo and I was glad that It was already done. (other than the fact that Jong In wasn't there).

"Where's the mighty-kyungsoo-is-mine-annoying-JongIn?"

"He's sulking." 

"What?" I tried to hold my laugh but It was too funny, I can't ...

"HAHAHA. Are you serious?" I asked as I was rolling on the floor.

"Yup."

I stood up and mumbled something. "That guy's seriously.. childish."

"Says the childish hyung."

I only laughed and shaked my head. I went to get some bowl and poured the porridge there. It smells good, since Kyungsoo made it.

"Thanks, Kyung and Congratulations for having a childish boyfriend."

"You're welcome and thank you for the sarcasm. You may leave now before I smack that bowl in your creepy face. I really don't know what Baekhyun sees in you."

"Uhm.. maybe because I'm smart and tall and I can rap and I can beatbox too and I have really nice eyes and I have a manly voice and I'm hand---"

"Oh,please, Chanyeol. I don't need to hear more."

"Okay. And by the way, I don't know what you see in JongIn either."

I heard him hiss and that was my cue to head to the fridge. I got a glass of water and skipped to the stairs and to the well-lit hall while grinning. I peaked at the door and pushed it open using my feet. I put the glass of water on the small table with the other "necessary things". Baekhyun was blankly staring at the ceiling. I looked up to see what he was looking at but there was nothing. It was just plain white. I faked a cough to gain his attention. when he heard me, he turned his head and smiled a little.

"Do you want me to feed you?"

"No, I'm good."

"Come on, let me." I pouted a bit.

"No, I'm okay. I'll just bother you."

"What? No way. Come on. Lemme."

He sighed.

"Alright, if you insist."

After I fed him, I closed the door and headed towards the kitchen to put the dishes in the sink. I washed my hands and sat on a chair at the dining table.When I was feeding him, he kept glancing at me. Well, I had to ask him twice If I had some dirt on my face or something but he just replied with "sorry". He was being weird. I slapped my face and stared at the wooden table in front of me. Maybe because he was just sick. Yeah. That's it. He's just sick so he's acting weird. I stood up from the chair and went up to our room again. It's a fact that climbing up and down the stairs redundantly is really tiring but I'm willing to endure this for my Baekkie. I told him that I'm going to the pharmacy to buy him some medicine since we ran out of medicine in the medicine box. I was quite suprised since Suho hyung always keep the medicine box full but maybe he was running out of cash because of Tao's 'buy me this and buy me that' so that's really understandable. Poor leader. Back to Baekhyun, I told him that if he needed something, he should ask Sehun or maybe the leader to help him out while I'm out. He just answered with a single nod.

I quickly put on a face mask and a huge coat to avoid being spotted in the public. It'd be a REAL trouble if I get caught.

It was a windy and cloudy day. The ground was covered with grass. There were some leaves falling from the branches of the trees. It was cold but It really looked pretty. Baekhyun and I could have walked or gone biking only if he hadn't catched a fever. It's our day off today since we've been working our asses off for like a week now. it was our only free day but he got sick. It was too bad. I slid my hands on the pocket of my coat and went straight to the pharmacy, ocassionally glancing at the scenery of the cars passing by.

I've already bought the medicine and I was heading home when I found a convenience store just across the street, not far away from our block. I bought a set of fruit juice since Baekhyun likes them. I was glad the cashier didn't recognized me. I continued to walk and I could already see our building from where I'm standing.

I knocked on the door and Sehun opened it up.

"Ayoo wassup maknae?" I sang as I made my way to the fridge to put the fruit juices in it.

"Hyung, Baekhyun hyung locked himself up in the room ever since you left."

"What? Why did he?" I replied, slightly worried.

"I don't know, hyung. I've been convincing him to open the door so I can check him up but he wasn't answering so.. yeah. I think he's dead."

"What? that's stupid. I'll go up immediately. Where's the others?"

"Jong In and Kyungsoo hyung went out. They said they will just take a 'friendly walk' but I know and you know that's not the case and they're out for a date. Oh, and Suho hyung is in his room chatting on the computer with Lay hyung."

"Oh. Okay." I ruffled his hair and huriedly took the stairs. I knocked on the door but there was no answer.

"Baekhyun-ah, baby. It's me." I heard the door click. I was about to go in but I heard Sehun walking behind me muttering something..

"The power of love..." I heard him say but when I turned around, He had already fled to his room. Aish. this kid. He'll know when he feels it. I think Luhan likes him but this kid's oblivious as so I feel really bad about Luhan.

I opened the door and saw him still staring at the ceiling. I sat on the edge of the bed.

"Why didn't you open the door for the maknae? He was worried."

"It's just... I don't know."

I let out a small sigh and crawled beside him. I lifted his covers and went inside with him. I hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek.

"Do you want me to sing a korean folk song for you?" Baekhyun always end up laughing whenever I do that so I offered to do so. He looks really stiff right now.

"With a high-pitched voice? Do you want JongIn to come here and throw a pillow at you?" He flicked my nose.

"Okay.I'm just kidding. JongIn's not here though. He went out with Kyungsoo." I closed my eyes and felt the heat all over my body.

"It's hot here." I added.

"You don't have to stay here, you know. I told you I'll just bother you."

"What's with the "bother" thing? You've been saying that all morning."

"It's nothing." he sighed and reached for the medicine in my hands.

He had taken it and gulped the water on the table.

"About my temperature.. It was one hundred and one." he suddenly said.

"Yes.. Your temperature is alright. It's nothing to worry about." I replied with an assuring smile.

"It was one hundred and one."

"I said it's alright. Don't worry."

"I'm not worrying. I just can't keep from thinking.."

"Just keep it easy."

"I am, taking it easy." He said and looked straight ahead. He was evidently holding tight onto himself about something.

"Do you think the medicine will do any good?" he added.

"Of course it will."

"About how long will it be before I die?" He suddenly said. I was shocked. I just stared at him, wondering what he's saying.

"You aren't going to die. What's the matter with you?" I got up from the bed and sat beside him.

"Oh, yes, I am. My temperature's one hundred and one." Tears started to form in his eyes.

"Baek, baby, people don't die with a fever of one hundred and one." I ran my thumb through his tears.

"That's a sillly, Baek." I added.

"No. I know they do. You couldn't even live with forty-four degrees. I've got a hundred and one." He hugged me and I pulled away gently. I stared at his eyes and all I can see is sadness.

"I don't want to die yet, Channie. I've got lot of things I want to do in my life." He pouted his lips.

Oh. that's why. How clueless this cute thing can be. He had been waiting to die all day, ever since ten o'clock in the morning. I laughed unconsciously.

"Are you seriously laughing at me right now?" He scrubbed his eyes and pouted his lips more.

"No, baby. Look. you aren't going to die. I'll never let that happen. The thermometer I used is different. On the other thermometer, thirty-seven is normal, In the thermometer I used, It's ninety-eight. It's okay if your temperature doesn't exceed to one hundred and four degrees."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely. It's just like miles and kilometers. You know, like how many kilometers we make when we do seventy in the car?"

"Oh." He said, forming an 'o' with his mouth. I heard him giggle.

"Great. Look who's giggling due to his own actions." I ruffled his hair and pinched his cheeks, which I love doing so because he has cute written all over his face.

"I didn't know, okay."

"Okay, as my bacon said so."

"Oh, about Sehun, tell him I'm sorry."

"I'll do that."

He gave me an eye smile.

"I bought you some fruit juice."

"Really? Where??" He jumped all over the bed like he wasn't sick at all.

"Yah. You're sick. Stop jumping."

He just laughed and whispered something in my ear.

"Get me some, please."

"Okay, I'll go. Give me a kiss first. I'm always the one kissing you. Come on." I said as I smiled widely, showing him my pearl white teeth.

"Aish. Okay."

He leaned in and was about to kiss my cheeks so I shifted my face so he ended up giving me a kiss on the lips. He initiated it and that rarely happens. I only get a kiss when I did something good. Though, it's unfair, it's okay because I think Baek's kisses are special just like that. So with that,  I laughed and saw his eyes turned big. He pulled away and slapped my chest. He was blushing.

"You sneaky bastard. I hate you."

"I love you too."

Then, I realized.. Baekhyun and I are living in a fairytale and I'm not even wishing for a happy ending... only for our story to not end.

Happy is enough.

I watched Baekhyun smile as he sipped his juice.

Yeah, happy is definitely enough.