Letter to Tiffany: Save Yourself

Le drabbles

As Ed Sheeran said in his song, “Before I save someone else, I got to save myself.” Tiffany, put that in mind, please. You say you love him and I was happy for you but I can see you losing yourself while being with him and it’s not a pleasant sight. You’ve been failing your classes. That’s something I never thought would actually happen. Tiffany, you’ve never failed any of your classes before. I’m the one that fails classes, not you. You once got a grade that made you the fourth highest in your whole batch in all courses. You were always the smart one. But why does it feel like the more you spend time with him, the dumber you get? Can’t you see that he’s holding you down? He’s a burden to you and I know that you know it in the inside. You just don’t want to admit it. We told you how we felt about him after he cheated on you but why do you still hold on?

 

Every time I think of you getting back with him, it makes me mad, furious even. It will be the biggest mistake you’ll ever make, trust me. I know you. 

 

It makes me sad, really. I want you to be happy again and I know that you won’t be happy with him. Trust me. He’s just another guy. He’s nothing special. He’s a liar. I won’t ever trust him anymore and you know that. So why is it that you still choose to be with him? 

What makes me even more furious is that I trusted him too. I trusted you to him. I bonded with him but he lied to our faces. He told me that even though he had to drive around an hour to get to you, it was worth it. Because you were worth it. But why did he cheat on you if you were ‘worth it’? What does that tell you? He said that he was hurt because of what you did to him but why did he get back at you around six months after? What kind of revenge is that? It’s all bull, Tiffany. He insisted that the girl should go to his condo unit. He wanted to be with a different girl. You know better. What he did is something I will never forget and forgive. Even if you decide to be with him, I will still hate him. Of course I won’t do anything about it. It’s not like I’m gonna physically stop you from being with him. I love you so I’m gonna be with you in everything that you do.  

There are billions of people in the world, I am 100% sure that he’s not the only one who will love you. There’s someone out there who will treat you right, not cheat on you, not let you fail your classes, and take care of your well-being. 

He found himself in you while you lost yourself in him. 

I’m disappointed in you. You deserve someone better. You deserve to be happy. 

 

 

________

 

I had to let this out of my chest. 

 

I personally think that people who forgive cheaters are enablers, making the person who cheated think that it’s okay to do it again since their significant other forgave them. Cheating is the biggest mistake you can commit in a relationship, for me. As I’ve written above, there are billions of people in the world. It’s impossible that you won’t find anyone who will love you like your ex did. Someone out there will love you better.

 

Know your self worth, people.