bowties

eyes on me

Chanyeol believed it was a necessity to wear bowties to any type of party. Formal, informal, disco parties, hook-up parties, dark parties, light parties, any party. If you didn't wear the simple bowtie to a party you're declared a loser to the world, an outcast, someone with the characteristics of "uncoolness" and "no swagginess." Bowties are a symbol of cool and style. Wearing it shows you're not some wannabe, but an actual cool, hipster person.  That's what Chanyeol believes and Baekhyun appluads to his ridiculousness.

They're in front of a full-body mirror, giving a quick check of themselves before they head off to popular kid number twenty's, Kim Joonmyun, party.

“So," Chanyeol starts, slightly adjusting his bowtie with a grin, "how's my bowtie?"

Baekhyun glances over at Chanyeol, then to his bowtie. It's striped in different colors, red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple, the colors of the rainbow. It's extremely tacky and of course Chanyeol would pick out something like this.

"Would you cry if I told you it looks stupid?" he asks, still staring at the bowtie with slight disgust. God it hurts his eyes.

The tall man his head to the side, he's deep in thought. This is just a yes or no question, there's no reason to put thought in this, Baekhyun cries out in his head.

"Don't think so, does it look bad?"

“It looks stupid and it hurts my eyes."

“Oh.”

Chanyeol looks like he's about to cry and Baekhyun wants to pat his head, hug him and feed him cookies with rainbow sprinkles. But this is what a man has to do, criticize your best friend's fashion sense and hopes he'll improve for the better. Everybody needs a Baekhyun, he nods, yes everyone does.

He feels like he should give reassuring words to the big man-child, something to stop him from giving him that kicked puppy expression.

"Even if your bowtie is lame I'll always--" He stops midway his sentence as Chanyeol brings out another bowtie, it's white has tiny little pink hearts on it.

Chanyeol slips the bowtie from the collars of his shirt (it's a ing clip on) off and slips on the new bowtie. All Baekhyun can think is, 'it's a ing clip on' and 'where the hell do they even sell those?'

Chanyeol turns to Baekhyun with a big grin, "how 'bout this one, BaekBaek?"

The short male sighs and pushes Chanyeol's face away, "don't call me BaekBaek, Chanyeol."