Another Boring Day for Moi

My Part Time Job is Working for a Daemon! [Hiatus]

 

♚  ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬   

 

"Man, I hate my homeroom teacher," I muttered under my breath as I left the room for lunch.

Another day of my annoyingly normal life, not that I'm complaining that's it's boring or anything.

I hate troublesome things.

I sat myself down on a bench outside of the canteen and smuggled out my phone. And no, I do not have the most up to date phones on the market, I just have a Blackberry. The school kind of has a strict policy on when you're allowed to use your phones, so it's troublesome if I get caught.

Now, I'm not the most sociable person on Earth, considering the amount of contacts I have in my phone. (Which by the way, I've named "Blair") I only have seven contacts, my friends Kang Haji and Yoo Hyorin, my Eomma*, Halmeoni*, my stepmother (I also call her Eomma), Appa*, and my cute four year old half sister.

"Oi, Jaekyung-ah!" Ah, Hyorin is here. She was quite a talker and usually found herself in the detention hall for either talking back to a teacher or would just not stop talking.

"Wow, that's a rare sight actually seeing you at lunch. Did you actually listen to Haji and ditch detention?" I joked. She was a huge goody two shoes, her huge mouth was just the main problem.

"Hey! That's not nice! Anyways I was actually pretty quiet during class you know!" She crossed her arms and blew her hair out of her face.

"Oh? Did you happen to find a new lover boy?" I smirked. 

This girl really loved crushing on boys.

 "W-what?" She blushed and covered her face. Peeking through her fingers, she whispered to me.

"Is it really that obvious?"

"Um, from the way you always change a tad bit when you get a new huge crush, it's pretty freaking obvious," I told her bluntly. As she sat down besides me on the bench, I called Haji. Because of certain circumstances, she took night classes from the college.

"What the hell do you want?" A small voice mumbled on the phone. Well, at 1 in the afternoon, she was probably still asleep.

"Thought you'd be glad to hear my wonderful voice," I said in a monotonous voice, I really liked messing with her by the way.

"Piss off," 

Then, Haji hung up.

"Hey, hey! Is Halmeoni and little Seonmi doing alright?" Hyorin asked curiously. Seonmi was my cute little half sister I was talking about.

"Well, they're still in the hospital and the doctor said that if it's anything like the other cases hes seen, they might stay comatose indefinitely," 

My family lives in Ulsan while I stay in a dorm in Busan. Recently, there's been a weird parasite going around there where people are getting extremely high fevers and not waking up. And usually, it's fatal.

"Oh dear," She said quietly. The three of us, Hyorin, Haji, and I are all from Ulsan. So we all have family there. One of Haji's uncles had already died from the outbreak.

I glanced at the time on my phone and noticed that we only have around eight minutes left of lunch. How troublesome.

"Hyorin-ah, can you get me get me a Soy Green Tea Latte please?" Hyorin sighed getting up.

"I know, I know. And a lemon cake right?" 

"Thank you!" I grinned at her. She slumped her shoulders and walked off to the Star Bucks just a block from the college. Anyways, I was doing her a favor. From her standards, there should be a "really cute" guy working over there.

I sat back against the bench and closed my eyes. It's not really hard for me to lie to other people, but it always took a lot out of me.

The doctor had said that Halmeoni and Seomi will most likely only have a few weeks left. At most, a month and a half.

Lying sure is troublesome.

I wondered whether there was a chance that a cure could be made in time. I wondered if there was such a thing as contracts with supernatural beings. Okay, that was a huge leap in thought.

"Ugh, all of this stuff is making me think of troubling things," I muttered as I covered my eyes from the sun. Halmeoni and Seonmi . . . They were quite important to me. I want to do something to help, but it's too troublesome. My brain and what I really want to do keep contradicting each other.

The air in the school sure has been feeling heavy lately. Maybe that's why I was feeling like this.

From the corner of my eye, I saw another male student walking up to me. 

"Is there something you need?" I asked him. This was going to be a hassle, I thought. The student was one of those popular kids, Shim Junghwa. I silently prayed for Hyorin to suddenly pop with my food.

"I need a slightly big favor to ask of you," He mumbled as he stepped closer.

"And what might that favor be?"

"Can you maybe take this package to er, a certain place?" 

A guy that I've only shared glances with suddenly asks me to deliver a package. Does he think I'm *excuse my language* a ing messenger dog or something?

"No." What else was I supposed to say? 'Oh of course! Because I'm a very nice person, I'm just going to deliver this parcel for you even though you're a stranger'. I am not saying that.

He tugged at his collar.

"Well, I heard that you would rarely take favors if you got something back?" The boy asked me.

"Okay, that's not a favor, that's a deal. A favor is an act of kindness. I could deliver that thing if I get something of equal value. What do you have for me?" And if isn't that troublesome I thought.

"From what I've heard, someone in your family was infected? If so, the place that you would take the package to has a solution,"

". . ." A cure?

"Is, is that something of equal value?"

Oh, man. I really feel like I'm going to regret this for a long time. I sighed and held out my hand.

"It's a deal, Junghwa-shi," He bowed and gave me the slightly heavy package. Before he turned to leave, he told me one last thing.

"The destination is shrine is on Mt.Seunghak, please take care of it as soon as possible," With that, he jogged back into the canteen.

What.

Did he just say Mt.Seunghak

THAT'S ON THE OTHER ING SIDE OF BUSAN. THAT . *excuse my rude language* And I don't even have a car!

I put my head in my hands in an effort to not run after that kid and rip his throat out in front of all the other students. It would be too troublesome to deal with the authorities.

"Wah! Jaekyung-ah!" Hyorin said right before she glomped me while crying. "I'm sorry! I'm so late, and lunch time is almost over now!" 

I looked behind her and there was an awkward blonde guy (who I'm sure was the new international transfer student) just standing carrying my food. I poked her side and whispered to her.

"Hey, um, where's my food Hyorin-ah?"

She rubbed at her eyes and pointed at the transfer student.

"You would've been mad if I glomped you and accidentally spilled your drink, so I gave it to him to hold," She hiccuped.

I sighed and walked over to him. How troublesome.

"Sorry, about that. Someone just suddenly giving you food to hold like that on your first day," I rubbed the back of my neck.

"I'll take that out of your hands now . . ." I said awkwardly as I speed walked back to Hyorin on the bench. He looked confused, well, he might not know how to speak in Korean actually now that I think about it.

Oh well.

I took a gigantic gulp/sip of my long awaited Soy Green Tea Latte and faced Hyorin.

"Why were you crying?"

"I-I ran into your step Eomma on the way Jaekyungie," She sniffed. I felt my body stiffen.

"Did she say anything to you?"

"She told m-me that my father got infected," She started crying all over again. Oh, no. Hyorin's parents got divorced and she stayed with her father, they are totally inseparable.

"And Jaekyung-ah! She said that Seonmi's condition has gotten worse and that she might die in 10 days!"

10 days.

10 days and maybe even less.

Seonmi will die, in 10 days or less.

 

♚  ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬   

 

*Eomma/Umma - Mother

*Halmeoni - Grandmother

*Appa - Father

 

So. FIRST CHAPTER DONE. If you like comment down below into what I should add to make better. And not like

'Oh My gOD, YoU shouLd add in this person! He is like SO hot!!1!!'

or

'if these two people don't end up with each other, i'm unsubscribing'.

Please leave critiques down in the comments below too.~

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the pictures here. It's ALL found online.

 

Lady Ttalgi