It Has to Be You

That Man

It’s you over Flowers

"You’re amazing, everything about you is perfect
You’re like a rose that no one can match"

 

The other day, Donghae showed me his journal.  It’s weird you know now Hyukjae and Donghae have gotten together.  He kept jumping up and down excitedly saying “Maybe, just maybe it’ll bring you luck too Yesung”.   So I don’t know exactly why I’m doing this.  I flicked through his and his has a definite order, all the songs he fanboyed over were in order of release.  The problem is unlike him you leave me in a complete, utter and mess Kyuhyun, I never know where I stand with you.  One minute you are charming next minute you are teasing me.  They say ‘boys on tease those they like’.  I’d like to believe that I really would.  So my journal is nothing like his Kyuhyun.  It’s not in an orderly fanboy manner.  I kind of like infinite they have a larger than life feel and there is nothing like an epic long note. But for both of us know dancing is not our thing.  It’s ballads, songs that we hold dear to our hearts.  Ballads as you know are songs that depict a story.  So this diary will be my story, puzzled together by bits and pieces.  The first reminds me of when I first met you and how my world just seemed so much brighter.  How even if you are in an unrequited love it doesn’t always have to be filled with sadness and angst.  It can just be a story of a fool that fell for a charismatic, intelligent and handsome jerk. 

 

Yesung always thought Kyuhyun was handsome.  From the first time he waltzed into the classroom declaring that Donghae was perfect.  Yes, the younger’s skin was acne prone but there was smoldering quality about his eyes and his smirk never failed to make Yesung’s heart flutter in his chest.

“You, why are you staring at me? It’s a little creepy.” Kyuhyun said one lunch.

“His name is Yesung, Kyuhyun how many times do I need to tell you.” Hyukjae growled.

“I don’t care Monkey boy I want to ask Mr Creepy over their why he stares at me so much.” Yesung’s words got stuck in his throat.  How to tell someone you barely just met that you thought they looked hot.  So he continued to just look and blink at Kyuhyun, as if he said nothing to him.

“Man Donghae why are you friends with this guy. Does he even talk?”

“Kyuhyun don’t be mean to Yesung, he’s just a little embarrassed that’s all.”

“Embarrassed? He’s an alien that’s what he is that obsession with turtles of his is weird, his stare is creepy and he hasn’t spoken a word all lunch.” Yesung blinked in response, flabbergasted beyond words to even reply to Kyuhyun’s jibes.

“Don’t be mean Kyuhyun” Donghae said again. “Yesung is my friend.  I like him.”  Kyuhyun shrugged and went back to joking with Krystal about whether Hyukjae was really related to her or was he a chimpanzee that had lost its way.

 

Later that day Donghae insisted the group to go to the local Norebang.  He said that Kyuhyun mentioned he could sing and Krystal wanted to challenge him to a sing off, so Yesung absolutely had to come.

“I don’t even sing.” Yesung replied.

“Well, you don’t have to! You can play the triangle or something.  C’mon Yesungie it won’t be the same without you.”  So Yesung followed Donghae with an encouraging slap on the shoulder from Amber.  Boy was Yesung glad he went.  As soon as Kyuhyun lifted the microphone Yesung learnt he was blessed with a voice that only angels should possess.  His voice was rich, smooth and he tackled each note with apparent ease.  It reminded Yesung of the graceful ribbon of an artistic gymnast.  Kyuhyun’s voice it’s self was simple but they way he used it was simply so compelling you couldn’t help be entranced by it, hypnotized by it. With a simple ding of his triangle in Yesung’s hand he realized that he had fallen for the boy.

 

It was after that certain Norebang experience everyone began getting obsessed with music.  It was as if they’d all found there calling.  It turned out that Hyukjae was an amazingly gifted dancer and Donghae wasn’t too bad to.  Amber enjoyed rapping and strumming a guitar. Kyuhyun and Krystal on the other hand sung.  Yesung always felt a little left out, he danced like an alien (sometimes he wondered whether his mother lied about giving birth to him, it made much more sense that he was beemed down from another planet).  His voice was different, he was unsure about it, it was nothing like Kyuhyun’s it wasn’t smooth and clear.  His voice was raspy and strong, not at all elegant or refined.  He refused to sing at all not wanting Kyuhyun to look down on him.  It was better that Kyuhyun didn’t know of his talent rather than know it and mock him for it.

 

So, whenever there was a lunch break Yesung found himself in the music room.  Even if the others were in the dance studio he’d join Kyuhyun without a word, listening to him sing in the corner.  Everytime he did the younger would do nothing but complain, saying that he should go because the acoustics weren’t good, he couldn’t concentrate with him there, that his mere presence put off the acoustics in the room and that Yesung was seriously creeping him out the way he started so admitly when he sung. 

“That’s it!” Kyuhyun screamed in frustration one day after his voice broke whilst he tried to hit a note and Yesung couldn’t help but snicker. Seriously, it was hard not to he sounded like a girl when his voice cracked.  Kyuhyun stomped over and slammed his hand down on to the music stand.

“I don’t understand why you sit there all the time I can’t stand it!” Kyuhyun growled, his eyes flashing dangerously.  Yesung was terrified, he’d never seen his crush so mad before.

 “’What are you doing this for?” Yesung whispered in fright.  “Is it that bad I just like listening to you sing Kyuhyun? I’m sorry for laughing.”  Yesung looked up at Kyuhyun noting how there was still that look of anger.  However that soon melted away into one of the most beautiful sights Yesung had ever seen, instead of the usual smirk Kyuhyun’s face seemed to glow and for the first time the eldersaw him genuinely smile.

“Dummy I only want you to hear me at my best.  Here, take my noise cancelling earphones my noona got me new ones so you can have these.  You must wear them at all times and you can take them off when I say you can!” Kyuhyun said, a now blush evident on his face.  “Though I still can’t believe you even talked to me! You know you’ve done nothing but stare at me since we first met? Maybe you should talk more often really makes you seem less creepy.  Yesung went to sleep that night glowing with happiness.  His mind was squealing from the “KyuSung” moment like how Hyukjae fanboyed over SNSD.  From then on Yesung treasured those headphones over anything else. 


 

It Has to Be You

 

"It’s fine even if my heart’s hurts

Yes because I’m just in love with you"

 

Remember when you encouraged me to sing for the first time Kyuhyun?  I think my heart nearly failed out of pure nervousness.  But then, for once, you no weren’t critizing me, calling me a clumsy good for nothing alien boy.  You said I was talented, gifted and special. I guess what makes me happy is when you compliment my voice.  I think it’s about the only thing you complement me on.  Amidst all your teasing you always find the time to compliment my voice even if it is a simple good job.  You’re a little cold hearted to me but I don’t mind that.  I don’t think there would be anything that could make me fall out of love with you.  For, me, even if you are in love with Donghae, I don’t care. 

 

Yesung gasped in shock as he felt a music book hit the back of his head.  He’d simply been struggling along with his math homework, with the headphones over his ears when his head became acquainted with the music book.

“I just can’t get the feel for this song? I need your help” Kyuhyun complained pulling the headphones out of ears before stopping the backing tape again. 

“What song?”  Yesung asked curiously.  It was rare to see Kyuhyun this frustrated.  

“Never mind, it’s not something your alien brain would get.  Maybe I should ask Donghae he has a nice emotional voice. “

“Ok.” Yesung shrugged, pulling the headphones off his ears and going back to his maths homework.

 “Now I think about it I’ve never heard you sing!” Kyuhyun exclaimed pulling the headphones off his head again.  “Sing.”

“I can’t sing.”

“Now the fact you say you can’t makes me even more curious, can aliens even sing?”

“This is awkward Kyuhyun I only sing to myself, in the shower, when no one is home and I blare the speakers so no one can hear.”

“Well, that’s because you’re an odd ball, what do you do in music class.”

“Lip sync.”

“C’mon sing for me you can’t sound as bad a Hyukjae.”

“Promise you won’t laugh?” Yesung pouted and immediately stopped, only cute guys like Donghae got away with pouting.  He was a fashionable individual and pouting was not within his area of specialty.

“I can’t promise that.  C’mon give this song a shot.”  He handed Yesung a sheet of music and Iooked at it what was it.  He loved this song, a much as he hated to admit it his mother had gotten him hooked on this drama.  He found himself crying late at night to this song sobbing whilst he saw the father die.  Well, wasn’t he bound to be forever alone.

“The thing is, my voice- It’s weird”

“C’mon sing already turtle boy.  If you are so scared just turn around and listen to the instrumental.  He put the headphones on.”  So , Yesung too a leap of faith and  and turned around a bit, so he didn’t have to have direct contact with his crush and sang.  He immersed himself in the song in what it meant to him in desperate cry , hoping Kyuhyun would understand he was singing it for him.  He just poured his heart into the song, thinking about that one time Kyuhyun smiled at him and how he wanted nothing more than to bring that smile back to his face.  When the song was over Yesung he turned around for the first time he ever saw Khyuhyun he was completely shocked.

“So,” Yesung said nervously, almost shaking waiting for the onslaught of insults that was bound to come.

“You can sing.” Kyuhyun choked out, his eyes a little teary.

“I can?” I’m not as bad as Hyukjae?”

“No, no you are better in fact, I think you are better than me. That was amazing.”

“You’re lying.”  Yesung grumbled.

“No, No I’m not I’m telling you the truth.”

“But my voice it sound strange.”

“It isn’t strange, yes it isn’t like mine but your voice is so uniquely perfect.”  Kyuhyun stared down at Yesung his round eye boring holes into them

“Yesung you are talented.  You have to sing it at the cultural festival.” 

“I’m not sure if I can Kyuhyun!”

“I’m sure you can I’m more than sure you can.”

“Weren’t you planning on singing it though? It suits your voice a lot better than mine.”

“No that’s where you are wrong. I’ve got a million other songs that I can sing, this one on the other hand is yours.  I don’t know I can’t imagine anyone but you singing it.  You know how Donghae is looking for another member for his Infinite cover band you should join.”

“I can’t dance. “

“Have you seen me dance?”  Yesung just stared at him incredulously.  As the awkward silence continued Kyuhyun sighed dramatically and started rearranging music sheets.  “I’m glad though.”

“What?”

I “got you to talk to me again.”  That was when Yesung saw that smile again, though this time it was a little more dorky but he still glowed nevertheless this was Angel Kyuhyun, the side of his seemingly cold hearted friend that appeared once in a blue moon.  He tried to burn the sight of that smile in his mind, to monopolize it to burn it into his conciseness.  “Well done .” Kyuhyun continued.  It was too much for Yesung to take as he looked down, lowering his fringe over his face hoping it did a good job of covering the heat rushing to his cheeks.


Author's Note 

 

I hope you enjoyed that first chapter ^^ This story is a lot more sweeter than EunHae's XD KyuSung is my always happy pairing so I find it hard to write angst about them ~ 

 

Let me know what you think ^^