Final.

Girl Who Cried Wolf

GirlWhoCriedWolf.
  - - shifeng.  

A soft sigh echoed around the porch. A girl was sitting by the gate, looking out into the darkness. She had sent the townsmen on another wild goose chase for a wolf that had supposedly come out of the forest the day before. Outraged by her behaviour, her mother had locked her out of the house, leaving her utterly bored and hungry. Sighing, she leaned her head against the gate. She was not guilty, but maybe she should stop with her pranks before things got serious. She began humming a soft tune as her slender fingers drummed lightly against the wooden surface of the gate.

Suddenly, a tingle went down her spine. Not a warm tingling sensation but a ice cold chill. She straightened up and stared out into the darkness. She could feel it. Someone was watching her. Her sharp eyes caught sight of a figure standing among the trees. She stared at it for a moment before the figure abruptly dropped to the ground and emerged from the trees. A gasp escaped her lips.

It was a wolf.

Somehow, she locked eyes with him. It seemed to smirk as it broke into a run. Towards her. Her eyes widened in shock. She clenched her fists and spun around on her heels, taking off towards the house. As fear gripped at her heart, she clenched her fists even tighter, creating crescent-shaped indents on her palms. She wanted to scream for help but there seemed to be a lump in that prevented her from doing so.

She could hear her blood pumping in her ears as she ran across the porch. She began banging on the door violently. Magically, her ability to speak returned just then.

"Mother! Mother!" She heard footsteps coming towards the door.

"What is it?" Her mother sounded tired and annoyed.

"There's a wolf out here!" There was a pause before her mother scoffed.

"Nice try, Yuzhen. But, I am not going to fall for that." She glanced back and saw that the wolf was coming nearer.

"Mother! I'm not kidding this time!"

"Stop with this nonsense! You better learn your lesson or you're not coming back inside!" The light was switched off and she heard her mother's footsteps fading away.

"No..." She croaked weakly. Turning around again, she found that the wolf was still a good distance away. Not wasting anymore time, she sprinted to her left and swiftly hopped over the fence. She ran as fast as she could, and with no where else to run, she ran into the forest. Of course, she had been into the forest before, but never in the night. There were many myths about things in the forest, but she did not care. After all, the wolf was obviously on her tail and she could not afford to stop running now. Soon enough, she reached a clearing. Her lungs were burning for oxygen and her legs gave way. She hit the gravel with a thud, panting heavily as she gasped for air.

Soft but rapid thuds soon followed. She slowly raised her head and met eyyes with the wolf once more. She now noticed its fur was a pristine white while its eyes were a bright golden. It growled lowly as it approached her.

A sudden howl echoed around the woods. The wolf's ears twitched and it turned its head towards where the howl came from. It threw its head back and let out a similar howl. She shivered as another cold chill ran down her spine. The wolf turned its attention back to her, making her freeze. It bent its hind legs and bowed its head, as though bowing to her. Her eyes widened in confusion and fear. Was it trying to fool her or just getting ready to pounce on her? Maybe it didn't mean harm? She slowly got up on her feet and approached the wolf.

It watched her as she aproached, smirking mentally.

Gullible.

Just as she was two feet away from it, it lifted its head and lept into the air, landing behind her. She quickly turned around to face it but was too slow to react as it slammed into her, knocking her down tot he ground. She let out a squeal as she hit the ground, air being knocked out of her lungs. The wolf bared its teeth at her fiercely, making her flinch visibly. Out of the corners of her eyes, she noticed more wolves entering the clearing. She gulped in fear, hoping her death would be quick and painless.

Suddenly, a loud gunshot echoed through the forest followed by the familiar voices of the townsmen, calling out her name. She opened to scream for them to help her but a hand clamped over . She blinked at the hand in shock then whipped her head back up. Where the wolf previously was, a tall male with fair hair towered over her, hand on .

"Shhh..." he whispered. Unable to comprehend the situation nor cope with all the sudden happenings, her eyes rolled back and she lay limp on the ground.

The last thing she remembered was being hauled onto a soft and warm surface followed by wind beating rapidly against her skin before she knocked out completely.

 

 


Hi!

So instead of a full story, I decided to just make this a oneshot.

Big shoutout to these awesome people who subbed:

springdayss, SHINeeEXOsockmonkey, surfergirl101, StephGoesRawr, AlwaysAnElf, --eternityprincess, rion_01, shin_yoonjo12, Jan-Di-ah, blurrr, kyeoptao and SMfan4evrAKB48!

/THROWS HEARTS/.

 

xoxo

Shifeng.