Lovesick

Lovesick
love·sick
adj. in love, or missing the person one loves, so much that one is unable to act normally
 
The lovesick virus is highly feared among young adults. It can enter one's body system without anyone's suspicion, and oftentimes the symptoms don't appear until it's already too late. This virus causes heartache, butterflies to erupt in your stomach, tingling sensations, jealousy, and brain damage. In some cases, it can cause nervousness, extensive blushing, and stuttering. The origin of the virus is completely unknown. It is believed to be a noncommunicable illness, however, no one knows how the virus gets around from host to host. The rate of the surviving lovesick victims are high; 98% learning to live with it the while the other 2% continue to fight it. There is no known cure for the lovesick virus.
 
And, to the virus, it doesn't matter what gender the host prefers.
--
Byun Baekhyun pulls at his hair, eyes staring intently at his reflection while he quietly mutters his daily I ing hate Park Chanyeol at six o'clock in the morning.
 
Park Chanyeol is the epitome of stupidity. He's dumb, stupid, and worst of all, clumsy. Sure, he's good-looking. And sure, his height makes him hot. And, okay, fine, his voice is mega-y too. But he isn't Baekhyun's type. Hell, Park Chanyeol isn't even a girl.
 
Baekhyun isn't gay; never was and never will. But how come he gets so rsdkhdksjdjskdfhjsd around Chanyeol? He scowls at his reflection, Chanyeol's dumb laughter ringing in his head. He suddenly remembers complaining to his best friend, Kyungsoo, about his emotions toward the idiotic giant a week ago--and also remembers how Kyungsoo patted his head with a smile while handing him a book.
 
"The hell is this?" Baekhyun had turned the book around to see the cover. The title beamed at the sight of Baekhyun's frown. All About the Lovesick Virus (and its Symptoms), it said.
 
"I think you have a bad case of lovesick virus," Kyungsoo told him.
 
"Look, just because you and Jongin are affected by this lovesick virus , doesn't mean that I'm affected as well. Plus, I heard that it wasn't contagious."
 
"People believe that it isn't contagious, but it's not a solid fact," Kyungsoo said.
 
Baekhyun had leered at Kyungsoo with as much hatred as he could muster (which wasn't much since they've been through thick and thin together), however, he ended up taking the book home anyway.
 
"Okay," Baekhyun sighs while putting his textbooks in his bag. "I need this, this, this--not this, this . . ." he trails off as his hand passes over the book Kyungsoo lent him. He sighs through his nose and takes the book in his hand, exiting his room and stuffing some money in his pocket.
 
At six-fifteen, he meets with Kyungsoo and his one-month boyfriend, Jongin, at the train station. They're holding hands again (god, they're so gay), being lovey-dovey because of that stupid lovesick virus. Baekhyun still remembers Kyungsoo when he was straight; the latter had always been a softie, but that's why Baekhyun protected him from all the perils of the world, a.k.a. the bullies (and the guys who had a crush on him). Now, Kyungsoo has Jongin to replace Baekhyun's protector-slash-guardian role. Hopefully, Kyungsoo won't throw away their friendship of ten ing years to replace him with Jongin. Jongin can his d--ew no, never mind. 
 
"Have you read it yet?" Kyungsoo eagerly asks him.
 
"No," Baekhyun replies while they wait for the next train. Two minutes more.
 
"Go read it," Kyungsoo urges him. He glances at Jongin with a smile. "It helped a lot, right Jongin?"
 
Jongin quietly agrees, smiling back at Kyungsoo--and Baekhyun just had to look away because ugh Chanyeol is in his head again you.
 
With the other two sending each other ual glances, Baekhyun has no other option but to open the book and read about this virus that is obviously nonexistent in his body. He peels the cover open, eyes skimming the first few pages for anything interesting. It's merely describing the lovesick virus and what it does to the body, but--ah, here we go.
 
Symptoms of the lovesick virus:
 
     Symptom #1 - Irritation
 
No, it's not an irritation of the skin or anything normal like that. It's an irritation of the heart and mind. You just can't stop thinking about that person. So, of course, the natural thing to do is to become irritated. This is a very early stage of the lovesick flu.
 
     Symptom #2 - Tingling Sensations
 
These tingling sensations are like shocks of electricity running through your body whenever you think or have contact with that person. At first, it will seem shocking (no pun intended) or surprising, but as the virus continues to multiply in your cells, you will get used to the feeling. Some older victims even say that they enjoy the shocks as time passes.
 
     Symptom #3 - Nervousness and/or Butterflies in Your Stomach
 
This typically happens along with the tingling sensations, however, in some cases, this symptom occurs before or after the tingling sensations. The nervousness finally surfaces as your feelings grow deeper, and then suddenly you feel like you have an upset stomach (but you don't!). A lot of the victims that were surveyed claimed that they thought that they "needed to "--though rest assured. It's not a case of diarrhea. It's simply your nerves.
 
Baekhyun shuts the book, not realizing that he has already boarded the train with the couple. He sees Kyungsoo staring at him shrewdly, and he resists the urge to flip him off in public (his parents would be so disappointed in his behavior outside their supervision). 
 
"Do you like it?" Kyungsoo asks, a hand tightly gripping the handle bar while the other is (still) intertwined with Jongin's.
 
"It's stupid," Baekhyun says, because it is, though he doesn't take his thumb out of the book.
 
Kyungsoo just smiles. His best friend is a walking contradiction. All innocent and sweet on the surface, but once he opens his mouth, it's done. Even so, he understands Baekhyun and Baekhyun understands him--and that's enough to make Kyungsoo happy.
 
At six fifty-five, they ran to the school gates. The custodians nearly closed the gates on them, and--what the , why was Chanyeol running late behind them?
 
Kyungsoo grins at Baekhyun, quickening his pace and pulling Jongin beside him. "See you later, Baek!"
 
Baekhyun tries to catch up with them, he really did, but then his feet weren't moving fast enough, and next thing he knows, Chanyeol is walking beside him.
 
Just like old times.
 
See, he and Chanyeol met at the starting of their junior year. They became best friends. (Stupid Kyungsoo had to be in a different class. Stupid Kyungsoo met Jongin. Baekhyun was forced to make friends with dips.) They had a lot in common; gaming, for example. They like to play pranks on people, they like to joke; they're playful people. Basically, their friendship was ing awesome.
 
And then on one spring day--probably a month ago, Baekhyun ed things up for their friendship.
 
He saw Chanyeol walking with a girl. Normally, the reaction of friends would be to tease each other. But no. Baekhyun felt his stomach churn with distaste while the girl giggled at one of Chanyeol's nonsensical jokes. He didn't understand why he was annoyed, or disgusted, or why he was even affected in the first place, but Baekhyun knew that it wasn't right.
 
That was when he realized he hated Park Chanyeol with a passion. The rest is history.
 
"Baek," says the dumb giant beside him, "What did I do wrong?" As usual, Chanyeol asks him the same question he's been repeating since last month. And Baekhyun snubs him again (it's starting to become a part of their daily routine).
 
Tingling. His fingers and his skin are tingling with those "shocks" that the book mentioned. Baekhyun buries his hands in his pockets. That doesn't mean anything. The tingling sensations can totally happen because of anything. Baekhyun breathes deeply and ignores Chanyeol as best as he can.
 
"Come on, Baek," Chanyeol continues as they enter the school building. They swerve to their right, heading for the stairways. The other students are hurriedly going up the stairs, yet Baekhyun and Chanyeol remain in their nonchalant pace. "Why aren't you talking to me anymore?"
 
Ignore, ignore, breathe, ignore, sigh, ignore, Baekhyun thinks.
 
"Baekhyun ah," Chanyeol says. Baekhyun can practically feel the pout in his voice--holy , what is this--Baekhyun bites his lower lip. Okay, his stomach did not just do that.
 
Their classroom is in their sight. Baekhyun doesn't rush his pace, and Chanyeol slows his, wrapping a hand around Baekhyun's elbow.
 
"Baekhyun ah."
 
Well, .
 
"Baekhyun ah. Are you constipating? Do you want me to help you to the nurse?" The mega-y, deep voiced male appears in front of his face, and Baekhyun feels his fingers go rigid, his skin tingling like it's about to burn. Maybe part of his skin is burning.
 
"I'm fine, you moron," Baekhyun says softly, glaring at the giant's nose. That's the closest thing he's doing to an eye contact.
 
Chanyeol smiles at him and Baekhyun feels his stomach erupt with butterflies. "You finally talked to me again! It's been so hard without you, Baek."
 
"That doesn't mean we're back to being friends, stupid." Calm down, Baek. You probably ate something bad this morning. Baekhyun swallows loudly, slipping into their noisy classroom.
 
He didn't eat anything this morning.
 
Maybe you ate something bad at dinner, he tells himself, trying to convince himself that there is no lovesick virus roaming around in his body, ing around with his heart--nope, zero. He's Byun Baekhyun, immune to sicknesses common for people his age.
 
"Baek, please talk to me," Chanyeol says, following him to his seat. He crouches down beside Baekhyun's desk, since the smaller male avoided looking at him. "I really don't know what I did. And for whatever I did that affected you, I'm sorry."
 
The bell rings and Chanyeol leaves Baekhyun with a depressed sigh. The latter curls his fingers, digging his nails in his palms as he grits his teeth. He's going to talk to Kyungsoo about this at lunch later.
--
Lunch time comes and Baekhyun buys two pork steamed buns, waiting for Kyungsoo in the library. Eating in the library is prohibited, but no one cares. And ever since his fall-out with Chanyeol a month ago, he began eating with Kyungsoo and Jongin in the library (the two have a hiding spot in the library to eat and, dare he say it, make out).
 
He looks around before sliding the offending book out, putting it on the table while he munches on his steamed bun. Baekhyun flips through the pages to the find the page he didn't finish, and he resumes his research from there.
 
     Symptom #4 - Stuttering and/or Extensive Blushing
 
The illness may be obvious now, unless you are a naturally shy person who gets flustered easily. When that person is around you, you stumble on your words--or you don't know what to say. Or perhaps your face feels warm--maybe your body feels hot. That is what we refer to as extensive blushing, blushing almost everywhere whenever you think or are in contact with that person. This symptom does not appear frequently in victims and many do not experience this.
 
     Symptom #5 - Jealousy
 
Jealousy is a red flag--this alerts you that there is no turning back (not that there is any acknowledged cure for this virus in the beginning). When you see that person with someone else, someone who can be considered as a potential lover, do you feel disgusted? Angry? Annoyed? Possessive? Depressed? If you have answered yes to most of the questions, then chances are: you are one jealous .
 
     Symptom #6 - Heartache
 
Jealousy can lead to another symptom, heartache. Heartache hurts, and it hurts a lot. The feeling is indescribable, even if many of the victims had survived it. So, my best advice is: stop being jealous and do something to prevent heartache.
 
     Symptom #7 - Brain Damage (What the , Baekhyun thinks. Kyungsoo doesn't seem brain damaged to me.)
 
No no no, not that kind of brain damage. This brain damage is less serious, but maybe just as effective. In this case, brain damage includes signs of acting peculiar, forgetting simple things, and difficulty processing information around that person. Perhaps you laugh and start snorting. Or maybe you jump around like a lunatic. Or you forget your own name. Brain damage usually subsides once you and that person begin to get comfortable and intimate with one another.
 
"Yo," he hears Jongin say while he and Kyungsoo slide in the chairs across from him.
 
"Motherer," Baekhyun hisses, putting a hand to his chest while the book closes on its own accord. "Don't scare me like that."
 
"You were so into the book that you ignored me," Kyungsoo says as he puts his lunch box on the table. He hands Jongin a pair of chopsticks and opens his lunch box, pulling out containers of food.
 
"You didn't bring me any?" Baekhyun whines, watching longingly as the smell wafts to his nose.
 
"Don't be a little ," Kyungsoo says with a smile. "Obviously, your partner is Chanyeol--"
 
"Don't say his damn name in my presence, you ass," Baekhyun interjects, furiously biting off a piece of steamed bun.
 
"Don't deny it," Kyungsoo says, pushing a container of rice towards Jongin, who gladly takes it. "You like him, maybe even love him, and you're just--"
 
"Not gay. I am just not gay," Baekhyun says.
 
"Speaking of Chanyeol," Jongin starts.
 
"Tell me he's not here," Baekhyun looks at Jongin, pleading with his eyes.
 
"He's not," Kyungsoo says amusedly, smirking. "God, you're paranoid, Baek."
 
"I'm not trusting you anymore, er," Baekhyun tells Kyungsoo as he sticks his tongue out. He looks at Jongin, sees him shake his head, and relaxes his shoulders.
 
"Speaking of Chanyeol--"
 
"A name that none of you should mention around me," Baekhyun interjects.
 
Kyungsoo glares at Baekhyun for interrupting his boyfriend again. "Baek, you interrupted him, like, five hundred times. Let Jonginnie speak."
 
Baekhyun bites his tongue. Jonginnie? Hot damn, since when did they have nicknames for one another?
 
"Speaking of Park C. from Baekhyun's class," Jongin says instead and Kyungsoo giggles like an idiot in love, "He's kind of withdrawing from society."
 
"Don't be ridiculous," Baekhyun says, finishing his steamed bun. He opens his second one.
 
"I'm not. He won't even hang out with me, or any of his other friends." Jongin pauses to eat some meat. "But he comes up to me occasionally. He asks about you, really. He asked me if I knew why you were giving him the cold shoulder."
 
"You better not have answered," Baekhyun warned.
 
"I didn't," Jongin says. "But seriously, Baekhyun, he's worrying about you and stressing over something that isn't worth stressing about. It makes people sad to see Chanyeol sad."
 
"Just let yourself love him, Baek," Kyungsoo adds, taking Jongin's face in his hands while he wipes the corners of his boyfriend's mouth. "Trust me, it's the best thing ever."
 
"You're brain damaged," Baekhyun points out.
 
"No, I'm not," Kyungsoo says, letting his boyfriend's face go as they both continue to eat. "I'm glad you're liking the book though."
 
"I do not. I'm just researching."
 
"Sure, okay."
--
The symptoms of the virus continue to flit in his mind throughout the day. Irritation, check. Tingling sensation, check. Butterflies in the stomach, check. Jealousy, nope (he won't admit this even if he felt jealous that one time). Brain damage, nope. Heartache, nope. All the other , nope.
 
The bell rings for the last time and Baekhyun pushes his textbooks and notebooks and pens inside his bag, not caring if they're a tangled mess. He squeezes through the throng of students, exiting the classroom and school building in another record timing. He looks for Kyungsoo and Jongin, waiting just outside the gates, when Chanyeol suddenly passes him, head bowed down and eyes not looking anywhere but the ground. Fortunately, he doesn't see Baekhyun.
 
Idiot, what if you get run over by a ing bus, Baekhyun thinks, watching Chanyeol walk slowly to the end of the street, where a car is parked. A woman, who looks older than Chanyeol but too young to be his mother, comes out of the driver's side. In a pencil skirt and a white blouse, her figure looks amazing. Her hair is styled professionally, and by the way she moves and acts, she seems attractive.
 
And way too intimate with Chanyeol.
 
Baekhyun grits his teeth, heart beating hard against his chest as the woman cups Chanyeol's cheek. Chanyeol shakes his head and Baekhyun sees the woman's shoulders sag (ha, , did he reject you?). She urges him to get in the passenger's seat and Chanyeol disappears slowly into the car, head still tilted down.
 
"You're stalking him, huh?" Kyungsoo whispers in his ear.
 
"Motheringer," Baekhyun jumps again, glaring at the two grinning losers behind him. They start walking towards the train station. Baekhyun bites the inside of his cheek as he continues to ponder. Who's that girl? Could it be Chanyeol's sister? Does Chanyeol even have a sister? Or was that his girlfriend? Motherer, he'll cut a if that was his girlfriend.
 
His heart skips a beat. Is he jealous? Is Byun Baekhyun jealous over that unknown girl with the car? He has never been to Chanyeol's place, and Chanyeol didn't really talk much about his family. In fact, none of them really talked about their family because they were too busy talking about games, places, stuff like that. It never hit Baekhyun that they don't talk about anything outside of their tiny world.
 
"Hey," Kyungsoo pokes Baekhyun's side, worry lacing his tone, "are you okay? You're really quiet right now. It's scaring me."
 
"It's nothing," Baekhyun says, a little absently. "I'm just thinking."
 
Kyungsoo and Jongin exchange troubled glances, and Baekhyun doesn't pay any attention to them.
--
I'm not gay, I'm not gay.
 
Baekhyun splashes water on his face, readying himself to go to bed. He finished washing his face, brushing his teeth, and putting lotion on his hands. (Chanyeol once told him that his hands are really soft and pretty.)
 
As he lies down on his bed, Baekhyun takes the book out and finds his page. He flips through the pages and pictures, and he digs his elbows on his pillows as something catches his attention.
 
Cure for the lovesick virus
 
As of now, there is no known cure for the virus. However, you can cure the symptoms. (Baekhyun raises his eyebrows in fascination.) It's quite simple, to be honest. All you need to do is enter an intimate relationship with that person. Otherwise, you won't be cured of the virus and the symptoms.
 
"Son of a ," Baekhyun mutters. 
 
He admits that he's marginally convinced that he has the lovesick virus, so he measures the condition of his flu using the symptoms. He's on symptom #5, jealousy. , that means there's no turning back. Baekhyun swears and goes back to the symptoms page, reading the rest of the symptoms. The last two symptoms make his palms sweat, and he really doesn't want to experience them.
 
Jealousy is hard enough (he decides that he'll only admit this to himself). He doesn't know how tough the other symptoms would be. He calls Kyungsoo.
 
"What the do you want, Baek?" Kyungsoo says from the other line.
 
"I need help."
 
"Did you finally admit to yourself that you're in love with Ch--?"
 
" no," Baekhyun says. "I just have a few questions. It says here that this is incurable. Is it true?"
 
"Yup. Only the symptoms are curable," Kyungsoo says.
 
"What symptoms did you experience?"
 
"Definitely jealousy and heartache," Kyungsoo instantly replies. "I'm sure I felt the shocks and tingling sensations too, but I can't remember much since it started in our first semester."
 
"How did those feel?" Baekhyun starts to think that he sounds like a doctor; asking questions so professionally. (Haha, no.)
 
"Jealousy--I was really angry at Jongin. He and Sehun were dancing too close for my liking. I remember yelling at him, profanities and all, and he was just smiling like the er that he is. And then he asks if I'm jealous, and I didn't know if I was, so I just flipped him off."
 
"I think you're explaining jealousy with a hint of brain damage," Baekhyun says.
 
Kyungsoo ignores him. "As for the heartache . . . I refused to become gay, like you, but it didn't help because it hurt. It hurt seeing girls flirt freely with Jongin, and Jongin actually flirted back! Remember that time when I hung around you and Chanyeol? And I was a depressed back then?"
 
Baekhyun remembers. Kyungsoo looked lifeless; pale, no color on his cheeks, eye bags under his dull eyes--it was terrible. Baekhyun and Chanyeol tried to cheer him up with their antics, but only Jongin could help bring the color back in Kyungsoo's life. "You looked like a corpse, I remember."
 
"That's how you'll look like with heartache."
 
"Son of a--"
 
"So to prevent heartache," Kyungsoo carries on, "you must stop being jealous and face your feelings. There's no point in avoiding the inevitable. Unless you want to end up like Minseok and Jongdae."
 
"What? They're gay too?"
 
"They're trying not to be," Kyungsoo sighs. "But no one can escape the lovesick virus."
 
That night, when Baekhyun went to bed, Kyungsoo's voice rang in his head, But no one can escape the lovesick virus.
--
The weekdays pass by without any problems (besides the lovesick flu going around and wrecking people's lives--mainly Baekhyun's, and perhaps Jongdae's and Minseok's too), and the weekend finally comes around.
 
Baekhyun buries himself in his covers, choosing to skip his morning exercises as he drowns in his (lovesick) thoughts. He's already on symptom #5, jealousy. That means that before this symptom, he already experienced the prior symptoms! When did the tingling sensation start? When did the irritation begin? Baekhyun only started paying attention to his reactions to Chanyeol after reading about the lovesick virus--and that was just a few days ago.
 
So the virus must have already entered his system before his fall out with Chanyeol. Most likely way before that.
 
"Oh my god," Baekhyun sighs, fingers scratching his face. He's not gay! He can't be! But then again, when was the last time he had a girlfriend? When was the last time he watched ? When was the last time he got by a girl? He can't remember.
 
He can't ing remember because all he can think about is Park Chanyeol.
 
"I'm not gay, I'm not ing gay," Baekhyun chants to himself. He pushes himself up from his bed and heads for his bathroom. it, he's going jogging today.
 
Nearly an hour later, Baekhyun finds himself in the park across the convenience store. He is sitting down on a bench, kids running around the playground and couples (probably under the lovesick flu as well) doing what couples do best, when he sees a familiar, dumb giant.
 
And he's with that unknown girl again. The girl with the ing car.
 
Baekhyun curls his fingers, eyebrows dipping lower in annoyance. The girl has her arm hooked around Chanyeol's, and she's clearly trying to keep Chanyeol's attention. He feels his blood boil. And then, even from where he's sitting, Baekhyun sees Chanyeol smile.
 
What's worst is that he smiled because of her.
 
Baekhyun clenches his jaw so hard that he hears it click. His teeth are probably worn out from all the grinding he's doing, but he just hates it. He hates how Chanyeol is smiling because of that girl. He hates how Chanyeol is letting the girl freely touch him.
 
He hates Park Chanyeol for making him feel this way.
 
Later that day, he calls Kyungsoo and rants about Chanyeol.
 
"I hate it so much, Soo," cries Baekhyun, voice muffled by his pillow. He screams into his pillow. "I hate him, I hate him, I--"
 
"Love him. You love him," Kyungsoo corrects patiently from the other end of the line.
 
"No I don't! I hate him!"
 
"Tell me why you hate him," Kyungsoo says.
 
"He's dumb and he's tall, and he's clumsy. And he has that noona with that car," Baekhyun says. "If we were in the same class, I didn't have to talk to anyone new!"
 
"What noona with that car?" Kyungsoo asks in surprise. "Does Chanyeol have a girlfriend?"
 
Chanyeol and girlfriend shouldn't be in the same sentence, in Baekhyun's opinion. It was like a two-edged sword or something. His heart actually felt like it was breaking, right now, as he speaks to Kyungsoo. The phone almost slips out of his grasp. "I don't ing know and I don't give a !"
 
"Baek," Kyungsoo begins, "I'll ask Jongin about it. I'll tell you, okay? Don't worry, I'm sure Chanyeol--"
 
Baekhyun ends the call before Kyungsoo can finish his sentence. On Sunday, he remains in his room and allows his phone to run out of batteries. He doesn't charge it until he goes back to sleep in the evening, yet he doesn't check the missed calls or messages.
 
(He doesn't know that he's beginning to experience symptom #6 - heartache.)
--
"Baekhyun ah," Chanyeol yells from the end of the hallway on Monday morning. Baekhyun thankfully arrived at the school earlier than the other days, hoping that Chanyeol is late again--yet, of course, fates wouldn't let like that happen.
 
"What?"
 
Chanyeol runs to him with a small smile on his face. "Jongin told me."
 
"Motherer, I am going to eat that alive," Baekhyun growls. His skin is burning, and Chanyeol is approximately three feet away. "What did he say?"
 
"That you have the lovesick--"
 
"That, right," Baekhyun waves his hand dismissively, feeling his face warm up. This is one of the symptoms too, right? "Anything else?"
 
"Uh," Chanyeol rubs the back of his neck, stepping aside as the other students enter their classroom. Their female classmates glance at Baekhyun and Chanyeol, wondering why the two good-looking students of their class are blocking their doorway (not that they mind). "Come here," he says, grabbing Baekhyun's smaller wrist in his. Baekhyun is too kjashkdjmclsdkf to fight back, so he lets Chanyeol lead them down to the stairway, where now only a few students are using. They wait until a guy from the other class pass them.
 
"What else did he say?" Baekhyun asks, ripping his wrist from Chanyeol's grip.
 
Chanyeol looks at him, bites his lip, and says, "That . . . youmayormaynotlikeme."
 
"What?" Baekhyun snaps. Oh my god he's going to kill Jongin. His cheeks feel hot. His neck feels warm, and so do his ears. He hopes it's because of anger and not embarrassment.
 
He watches as Chanyeol shuffles his feet, cheeks darkening as he averts his eyes away from Baekhyun. "Baekhyun ah."
 
Baekhyun covers his face. He wants the floor to swallow him up, he wants to curl up in his room and never see Chanyeol again (maybe this part is a lie), he just--
 
"I think that Imayormaynotlikeyoutoo," Chanyeol blurts out, eyes wide, watching Baekhyun for some kind of reaction.
 
He doesn't expect an uppercut in the stomach. Chanyeol doubles over while Baekhyun steps back and wrings his right hand.
 
"You , why would you say that?!" Baekhyun whisper-yells, looking around. He gently grabs Chanyeol's arm and puts it around his shoulder. "Does it hurt? I'll take you to the nurse."
 
And this, my friends, is Baekhyun accepting Chanyeol's confession. Luckily, Chanyeol understands.
 
"Baekhyun ah," Chanyeol takes this opportunity to nuzzle his face in Baekhyun's neck. The latter feels his toes curl. His breath is hitting his neck, and his neck is a really sensitive place. "I really missed you."
 
He doesn't reply, allowing Chanyeol to fill their silence even after the bell rang. Damn, Baekhyun wants to skip classes today.
 
"Who's that girl you were with the other day?" Baekhyun asks out of the blue. The nurse's office is one more hallway down.
 
"Huh?"
 
"That girl with the car," Baekhyun says, looking straight ahead. He doesn't want to make Chanyeol think that he's jealous, but his tone kind of says it all.
 
"Oh," Chanyeol smiles, "She's my noona. Why, were you jealous?"
 
"I'm not jealous, damn it," Baekhyun mutters, frowning.
 
Chanyeol lightly presses his lips on Baekhyun's cheek, his stomach already recovering from the older's hit. "Don't worry, Baek, I like you the most."
--
"You dip," Baekhyun growls at Jongin, Chanyeol putting restraining hands on the smaller one while he greets Jongin. "Why would you tell Chanyeol that, huh?"
 
"We agreed on it," Jongin says, gesturing to Kyungsoo. "We didn't want you two to end up like Minseok and Jongdae. We're trying to help them out too."
 
"But they're both hardheaded ," Kyungsoo sighs. "Thank god you guys are easier to manipulate."
 
"Excuse me?" Baekhyun snaps. "I believe help is a better word than manipulate."
 
"Anyway, are you guys dating?" Kyungsoo asks, leaning on the table. They're in the library, sneaking in their lunches from the old librarian like always.
 
Baekhyun and Chanyeol glance at each other, faces turning a faint shade of pink.
 
"Oh, you are," Kyungsoo says, wagging his eyebrows.
 
"Sort of," Chanyeol replies, sending Baekhyun a tiny smile. He lets his hand crawl on top of Baekhyun's thigh, where they interlace their fingers together.
 
Jongin reaches over and claps Chanyeol on the shoulder. He catches sight of their hands underneath the table and smirks. "Congratulations, my gay friends."
 
"Shut the up, Jongin," Baekhyun snaps. Up until now, he hasn't considered himself gay. "I'm only gay for Chanyeol. Besides that, I am ninety-nine percent man."
 
"And you are with Chanyeol," Kyungsoo says, "therefore, you're gay."
 
"Ugh why am I still best friends with you," Baekhyun groans, not even going to deny that he's gay (for Chanyeol). "By the way," Baekhyun pushes the forgotten book towards Kyungsoo. "The horrid book."
 
Kyungsoo catches the book with a smile. "A helpful book indeed. Maybe I should lend this to Minseok and Jongdae next."
 
Baekhyun and Chanyeol don't reply, since they're too busy glancing at each other shyly.
 
They're definitely down with the lovesick flu.

A/N: well there's that. hope you guys enjoyed it(: