Final

The Life He Lives Now
 
 

 
Baekhyun woke up later than he usually did that morning, his eyes opening groggily. He let out a small sigh as he adjusted his body and hugged the figure in his arms closer to his body. Unconsciously, she snuggled deeper into his chest as well and let out a quiet, content whimper.
 
He ran a hand through her hair, enjoying the feeling of her soft brown locks falling through his hand. He smiled softly as he looked at her peaceful face and kissed her gently on the forehead before slowly removing his arms and getting out of bed.
 
When he walked out of the bathroom, he was met with Soojin’s sleepy face as she rubbed her eyes. “You’re awake?” Baekhyun asked with a smile as he pulled her closer to him. She nodded against her chest as she let out a yawn. He chuckled, his chest vibrating as she inhaled in his distinct scent. Pulling away from the hug, he bent down so that he was eye-level with Soojin before closing his eyes and puckering his lips, “Don’t I get a good morning kiss?”
 
“I have morning breath,” she giggled, lightly pushing his face away before she made her way into the bathroom. Baekhyun smiled, relieved that she was alright now. He liked seeing the smile on her face; she looked much better that way.
 
After she showered and changed, the two walked into the kitchen, hands twined together as he swung their hands back and forth, “What should we have for breakfast today?”
 
“Let’s have pancakes!” she beamed, smiling up at him as he grinned back. Their morning was filled with giggles and smiles, just like every morning from then on.
 
-
 
Classes ended promptly at 12:15, allowing everyone to leave for lunch before classes would start once again at one o’ clock. Baekhyun looked forward to lunch every day after his classes, and his friends would about it. “You’re just jealous,” Baekhyun would tease them right back with a bright grin.
 
“Baekhyun!” he heard behind him, and his friends laughed at the way his face brightened up as he turned around and greeted his girlfriend, “Soojin!”
 
“Hello,” Soojin greeted politely to his friends, who would greet her back with a smile. “How’ve you been?” Kris asked.
 
“We haven’t seen you in so long!” Chanyeol exclaimed with a bright smile on his face as he gave her his signature smile. Soojin giggled slightly, “I’m fine, Kris oppa. And I saw you last week during the basketball game, Yeol.”
 
“Oh yeah.” The others laughed as Baekhyun linked his fingers with hers, “Ready for lunch?” She nodded as she looked at him with a smile. The other guys walked ahead of the two and joked around, emitting laughter and smiles from the thirteen of them. Baekhyun, with his arm around slung around her shoulders, pressing his lips against her temple as they walked to the cafeteria.
 
-
 
“Hey Baek?” Soojin asked that night, getting his attention as they lied in bed facing each other. Baekhyun hummed in response, his hand moving a few strands of hair away from her face, “What?”
 
“Why me?” Her question caught him off-guard promptly, but he pursed his lips in dissatisfaction. She continued to speak, “I’m not the prettiest. I’m not the smartest. It’s just…there are a lot of better girls out there than me, so why-”
 
Baekhyun cut her off as he pressed his lips on hers, catching her by surprise. However, slowly but surely, her eyes closed as she returned the kiss. As they parted, he lightly tapped her nose. “Don’t you ever question why I chose you,” he chided, “Yes, there are better girls out there, but I think you’re the best one out of all of them for me.”
 
“Baek,” she softened as he placed a hand on her cheek, “I love you for you. Don’t you ever question it, okay?” She nodded and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling herself closer to him as she buried her face into his chest, “I love you, Baek.”
 
“I love you, too, Soojin,” he kissed the top of her head and hugged her close, “Always remember that.”
 
I don’t care that you’re not perfect, he thought with a loving smile as he closed his eyes, I’ll love you today. I’ll love you tomorrow. I’ll love you forever.