Wanna be loved

Pretty Woman

Hoseok looked out of his bedroom window for the upteenth time today. The winter snow was falling a beautiful, pale white. The trees that were once filled with leaves now had nothing but snow on their branches. Snow covered the city as well as kids playing around in it. Uneven snowmen stood in all of their yeards. The sight was beautiful, but Hoseok couldn't bring himself to smile. 

Why? Well, what's the point? All of this beauty, and no one to share it with. He lived alone in a small, one bedroom apartment. It was always cold there. He didn't know if it was the fact that the love of his life had left him, or maybe because it was winter, but he didn't like this lonely feeling one bit. His house was silent nowadays. No longer filled with the joyful laughter of his beautiful ex-girlfriend. 

Oh, his ex-girlfriend...now she was really something. The way her lips would curve into a smile even in the darkest times. The way her teeth would shine everytime she showed them off. The way she would softly run her hands through Hoseok's hair when he would lay his head on her lap, or the way she would trace his features with her soft fingers to make him fall asleep. 

And definately the way her eyes would just sparkle everytime it snowed. If that girl loved anything, it was snow. Hoseok had asked her numerous times why she loved it so much, but she would always respond with one word. Beauty. 

He never really understood that, but now he did. Especially now...

Hoseok laughed bitterly, bringing himself out of his thoughts. He took in all the scenery once again, reminding him of his past girlfriend. He thought it was beautiful. Sourly, painfully beautiful. He tood a deep breath and decided to get some fresh air. He brought himself to finally leave his room for the first time today. Slowly, he put on his winter boots, coat, hat and gloves. He opened the front door to his apartment and let the cold breeze of the winter air hit his face. He inhaled deeply and closed his eyes. He stayed like that for a while until he exhaled and opened his eyes.

He quickly closed his apartment door so no snow could get in. His hand along the rusty bars on his patio as he made his way to the metal stairs. Slowly, he walked down the old stairs and looked around. He remembered all of the memories he had created. Everything that had happened when life seemed so perfect came flooding back to him. He weakly smiled for the first time in months. Hoseok's mind went blank and he let his feet take him anywhere. 

Hoseok had stopped walking and found himself in front of the park. The dreaded park where they had first met. How cliche right? He looked around, seeing little children playing together, parents happily watching and sipping on their hot chocolate. Hoseok felt warm inside. 

He was happy. 

But something wasn't right here. Something felt off to him. Curious, he looked around a little more until he saw the source of his discomfort. There she was. The beautiful girl that he had missed so much for these past 6 months. He blinked, making sure that it wasn't just his imagination playing a cruel trick on him, but she was real. She was really there. Sitting alone on a bench, looking around and trying to warm up her hands. Hoseok smiled. A genuine smile. He couldn't believe it. 

Fate was giving him a second chance at love, and he was going to take it. He quickly approached her, only to see another guy walk up to her with two hot chocolates. He had dirty-ish blonde hair, dark brown eyes, and bright, thick pink lips. Hoseok stood there, not knowing what to do. Who was this guy? How does he know her? How dare he even go near his girl-

But that's where he stopped. She wasn't his girl anymore. The painful reminder soon came back to him. Hoseok realized that she may be this other guy's girl now...she is someone else's now.

No. Hoseok couldn't believe it. He refused to. They could just be good friends, right? Maybe that hug means nothing. Maybe he's putting his arm around her in a friendly way. 

Maybe that kiss on her perfect lips wasn't real. 

Hoseok sighed. She wasn't his anymore. She had moved on. She had forgotten all about him. He wasn't even a memory to her...he was nothing to her. And that broke his heart even more. He couldn't stand the sight in front of him. He had to do something to keep him from ripping that guy's head off. 

"Taehyung oppa...I love you." She said. 

Hoseok froze. He felt his heart stop and fall out of his chest right there. Tears fell out of his eyes as the new couple shared a passionate kiss. The perfect scene for them was his worst nightmare. Hoseok didn't know what to do. What could he do? The love of his life was with someone else. She was in the arms of another man.

And all he could do was watch. 

No, Hoseok couldn't even do that. He had to leave. He had to get out of here. He began to panic and backed away slowly. Soon enough, she looked up at him and froze. They locked eyes. He stared blankly at her as she was frozen. She had gotten even more beautiful. She was hatefully beautiful.

"Hoseok..." She finally whispered. Hoseok hadn't heard her voice in what seemed like forever. He gulped. What was he supposed to do now? He couldn't speak. Nothing would come out, even if he tried. 

So he ran. 

He ran away as fast as his legs would let him. His lungs burned and his legs begged him to stop for just a moment, but that only made him run faster. He finally arrived at his apartment complex and ran up the metal stairs. Quickly, he unlocked his door and ran inside. He slammed the door shut and locked it. Ripping off his coat, hat, shoes and gloves, he ran to his room. He finally landed on his bed that was all too familiar and sobbed. That was all he could do.

His heart was broken and it could never be fixed. The love of his life had already forgotten him. And he had let her. What was the universe trying to tell him with this cruel reality? His past girlfriend had given up on him, and he had given up on fate. 

He had given up on love.