Promise me, hyung...

Promise me, hyung...

 

Promise me, hyung...”

 

 

It seemed like everything faded. Everything around him was merely a blurry copy of its original shape – the thing once being called a tree was nothing more than a thin, dark needle swaying in the far too cold air, the sun wasn't even recognizable as a circle anymore, it appeared to be more of a spiral to him. It spun around like a merry-go-round. A merry-go-round? Didn't he meet Junhong there for the first time? A few hours ago he would've clearly remembered, but now it was impossible – the coldness of the snow surrounding him vanished everything into thin air while the last bit of life out of his body. There wasn't much left though – most of it was already gone for three months now. It's not like he didn't try though, but somehow everything around him slowly slipped away. His friends, his family. Even himself. Jongup wasn't able to motivate himself to smile again, even though he promised to do so. And the thought of his love possibly knowing about that made it even worse. But how was he supposed to live on after all that happened? How was he supposed to be the happy boy he had been before again? It just didn't work out. He wasn't able to do this without the other boy by his side.

 

A merry-go-round? Yeah, finally he remembered. They met there – both taking care of their younger siblings, both trying to make them happy in a way that was not just some stupid TV show or Nintendo game. Unexpectedly they were successful, both of the children laughing and cheering loudly while riding the merry-go-round. The teenagers at first were just standing there, watching over the younger ones and being happy with them, but then their glance somehow drifted to another direction aiming at one another directly and suddenly both boys felt some kind of connection between them. For a brief moment it seemed as if time had stopped and there was only the two of them, no one else. And everything Jongup could think of was beautiful. He couldn't remember ever having seen a beautiful person like the one in front of him. Love at first sight? He didn't believe in such things, but he believed in fate. Yeah, what just happened between them – even though it wasn't tangible – definitely had to be fate's work. Just if gravitation had decided to push them towards each other they began to move and soon they were just an arm-length separated from each other. “I- I'm Jongup.”, was what the slightly smaller boy said, a huge smile pinned on his face. “I'm Junhong.”, whispered a voice that was too angelic to really belong on earth. Besides, Junhong was the most beautiful name Jongup had ever heard. But the first separation was soon to come – their siblings wanted their attention and so it happened that both boys made their first silent agreement: They'd meet here again.

 

Staying awake became harder, even breathing exhausted him. But at least he had stopped shivering – to be honest it was quite warm now. Wait, why was it warm? He was still lying in a field of snow, there was no possible way it could be warm there. But it was. And it didn't stop. The air around him seemed to heat up and a few seconds later he felt unbelievable hot. So Jongup did what was the only thing possible to do in such a situation: He tried to get rid of his clothes. It was tougher than he thought though since he wasn't able to move his arms and legs properly – he had no idea why, but screw it, as long as he could at least strip of a bit, it was okay. So now just his underwear was left, but paradoxically it wasn't better at all. It almost felt like one of those hot summer night's Junhong and he spent together. The ones that were full of affection, tender kisses and promises. Promises to never leave each other. Promises to love each other forever. Jongup had been Junhongs first love and the other way around. They'd stolen each other's first kisses, first touches – to be precise they'd stolen all of each others' first times. Back then, Jongup loved the younger male so much it hurt to even think of leaving him for a second. They spent every second, every minute together – smiling like idiots, laughing at their own silly jokes. Loving Junhong was like breathing, he knew that. He also knew how this was supposed to end if anything bad happened. But he didn't want anything bad to happen. He wanted his own fairytale to go on. Happily ever after was it, wasn't it? Fate connected them and fate wouldn't separate them from each other because of that.

 

One time they were taking a walk in a park nearby fooling around with each other and finally ending up in the meadow. Still smiling they intertwined fingers, thumbs softly the surface of their hands, when Junhong suddenly began to speak. “Hyung... Promise you'll never forget me.” Jongup should have realized that something was on his boyfriend's mind and it bothered him, but he didn't have the guts to ask back then. But nevertheless he frowned a bit at the sudden demand of the taller boy and examined him with an asking look. “How could I forget you, Junhongie?” The other one sighed and shook his head a bit. “Just promise me, okay hyung?” So Jongup did. And Junhong promised him to never forget him in return. “We... we should do a funny thing, Junhongie.” “What do you have in mind, hyung?” “You'll see, okay?”, the older one whispered and dragged his boyfriend to a florist. Being asked what this was about, Jongup began to explain: “We will go in there separately and buy a flower – one whose meaning explains what we feel for each other, what we want to tell each other.” The younger one nodded in agreement, thinking this was quite cute. Soon they both were out of the shop again and gave the flowers to each other.

 

Jongup struggled. But he was used to this already – struggling to stay alive almost became a reflex after Junhong had left his side. Only that this time he actually didn't plan to stay alive. He wanted to die. He wanted it so badly – but not before reminiscing the times they shared together. He wanted the last thing to see before he died to be Junhong. Hence he had to stay awake just a bit more. So that he could remember the way the younger one laughed. How he used to smile when Jongup bought him a present or danced with him. What he looked like when they first met, what his expression was like when the older one kissed him all of the sudden. How he said his name, how he took care of his younger sister - he had loved her so much that sometimes even Jongup became a bit jealous. And he regretted being like that back then – the time both got to spend together had been so limited in the end, so short and now she would never be able to see her brother again. And it was all Jongup's fault. All because of him. He took Junhong away from his sister, because he wasn't being careful enough. But they had been in love. They had been so head over heels for each other they didn't care about anything but their-selves. Filled with all this guilt and the longing to be with his boyfriend again the only possibility that was left was to die. And even though he felt sorry for his younger brother, he knew he'd be okay sooner or later. They'd all be okay sooner or later. Except him. He couldn't live without his Junhongie. Without his warm smile, his kind gestures, his talent to always cheer others up. “Why did you have to leave, Junhongie?”, he muttered before coughing. Tasting the iron on his tongue he looked at the snow beneath him which was now colored in a shade of pink. His blood was pink. The color of the flower he had bought Junhong that day. A rose, they called it Pink Promise. If he knew anything? Of course not. How should he...
He didn't know how much time had passed, but the pain in his chest got worse and every breath hurt. He was so tired, he just wanted to sleep. He was curious if Junhong felt the same way before he died. If it had been painful for him. “Promise me that we'll meet again in heaven.”, was the last thing he had said to his boyfriend. But he didn't answer. He just laid there looking like he'd sleep peacefully. He didn't hear Jongup's cries, didn't feel the tears dripping down on his cheek. He was gone. In the end he had madly shouted at the younger one – disbelieving, heartbroken and in despair. “We'll meet again now, Junhongie...”, was the last thing Jongup said to himself now, coughing again and smiling one last time, before finally closing his eyes and giving himself into the coldness of the snow surrounding him.

 

There was a light. A bright, sparkling light. Jongup couldn't help but to move forward, wanting to reach the light as fast as possible since he had so much hope for the things awaiting him there. Yeah, he expected some things – the pain was gone. And he held this wonderful flower in his hand – a forget-me-not to be exact. The flower Junhong gave him that day. He never loosened his grip on the way, but it didn't seem to matter for the flower anyways. Would Junhong wait for him? Would he held the rose Jongup gave to him? Would Jongup finally be able to see this precious smile again, to run his fingers through the soft hair of the taller boy and to hear the cute noise he made while giggling? The boy was so excited he almost fell over his own feet when he reached the light and stepped through it – and as if the other one already knew it, Jongup heard that laugh he loved so much again. After blinking a few times, he finally was able to see that he now stood in a park – but not only one random park. It was their park. The one they used to go to in that summer. The one they intertwined their fingers in, the one in which Jongup promised to never forget Junhong. And said boy stood there, smiling at him, waiting. The older boy ran towards him, right into his arms – inhaling the scent he missed so much, feeling the soft skin he used to touch so much. After all, they finally were reunited. And nothing would ever separate them again.

 


 

Okay, so that's it o: I hope you're not too mad at me q-q and of course, I know they both don't have younger siblings, but it was needed for the "plot" v.v Thank you for reading! <3 *leaves cookies, cherrytomatoes and cheetos here*