[I]

「DID YOU KNOW?」

His days consisted of getting up at five o’clock in the morning, his daily hygienic routine in the washroom, which was then followed by a short walked down to the gym that was in his apartment building.

He would be back in his apartment an hour later, showered, get dressed for work, had his breakfast and then finally at seven-thirty in the morning he was out the door and on his way to work.

He was only twenty-eight years old, but he was already the CEO of the Kim Corp. Being the grandson of the owner of the company does help with the career path he had chosen, but Woo Bin prided himself for having working from the bottom up.

His grandfather had insisted that for Woo Bin to run the company when the time comes he must know the company inside and out and that meant Woo Bin must start from the bottom. His grandfather told him that to be a great leader you must lead by example.

That is Woo Bin’s life motto.

Woo Bin is extremely passionate about his job. That passion caused him to become a workaholic. However, lately he felt that the routine of his life was getting repetitive. He felt the itch for a change. It wasn’t because he hated his job. He just needed a change. He just needed to escape from his mundane life.

That was when he met her. Amber Josephine Liu, the girl that changed his life forever.

He could never believe that with one smile mix the sound of her laughter would capture him so. The very first time he saw her smiled, the very first time he heard her musical like laughter everything around dissolved to nothingness. Within that moment his body, mind and soul became hers.

≤≥

“Come out with us this weekend,” his cousin, Jae Joong said as he stood in the door way of Woo Bin’s office.

Without looking away from the computer screen in front of him as his fingers type out the words onto the screen, Woo Bin shook his head, “You know I don’t like hanging out with your friends. They’re too rowdy for my taste.”

Jae Joong pulled the door of Woo Bin’s office close behind him as he stepped toward the Woo Bin’s desk, “We’re not going to be hanging out with my friend this weekend. I want you to meet someone.”

“Sorry, but I don’t need you to set me up on another blind date.”

Jae Joong scoffed at his cousin’s comment, “Why would I want to torture a girl with you? I’m not that mean. Seriously, whoever ends up with you is going to be living in hell. They will always be secondary to your work. I don’t wish that on anyone.”

Woo Bin looked away from his computer screen at glared at his cousin for the comment that he just made.

“It’s true,” Jae Joong gave a shrugged. “Anyway, I want you to meet your future cousin-in-law and her little sister.”

Woo Bin raised an eyebrow, a little taken aback by what he just heard, “Who’s the unlucky soul that agreed to marry you? Aunty and uncle know about this?”

Jae Joong nodded, “my parents and me met with Jackie’s parents last month to ask their permission.”

“Jackie?”

“Yeah, I met her when I attended university in California.” Jae Joong said with a bright smile on his face. “We kept in touch, as friends after I graduated. She’s three years younger than I am. I met up with her when I went to L.A. last year for the company’s project that you sent me to do. One things lead to another and we started to date.”

“One year and it’s already this serious?” Woo Bin never had time for these kinds of things, but he had fallen head over heels for a girl when he was younger. The relationship ended badly and it left a huge scar in his heart. He lost faith in that aspect of life.

Jae Joong sighed. He knew that Woo Bin had a huge scar that will never disappear from his past relationship. “We knew each other for almost six years before we started to date. I had feeling for her for a long time, but I just never acted upon it. I was scared that it would hurt the friendship.”

“What changed?” Woo Bin returned his attention back to his computer screen.

“Her little sister told me that there was a guy trying to get her attention,” Jae Joong smiled at the memory. “Somehow that little squirt knew that I have feeling for her sister. She said that if I don’t act I would regret it. I think she also knew that her sister share the same feeling for me and I do for her. She was our little cupid.”

Woo Bin sighed. He knew that this was important to Jae Joong that he met with his fiancé. The workaholic side of him said to turn this down. He had work that he could be doing on the weekend. However, the side that itched for a change told him that this was an opportunity to put a little change into his life.

Meeting new people wasn’t his forte, especially when it comes to people that might be joining the family, but he decided that this would create a small crack in his mundane life. Later he would find out that instead of a crack, his mundane existence was shattered into oblivion because of this one decision.

“Fine, text me the place and time,” he replied.